GRANDMA'S ARMENIAN RICE PILAF
- Soak rice in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add vermicelli; cook and stir until brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir until combined, about 1 minute. Pour into boiling broth. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season rice with salt and pepper; fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 415.1 calories, Carbohydrate 65.9 g, Cholesterol 34.9 mg, Fat 12.7 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 7.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 964.6 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
RICE PILAF WITH PINE NUTS
Taking rice up a notch without too much more effort. From Bon Appetit, February 2008. Toast pine nuts if desired.
Provided by 5thCourse
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in uncooked rice.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until rice is done, about 20 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork and add pine nuts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334, Fat 15.7, SaturatedFat 1.5, Sodium 289.4, Carbohydrate 41.3, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 1.7, Protein 7.6
PINE NUT AND SESAME PILAF (ARMENIA)
A delicious plain pilaf with a touch of nutty flavor that really complements the roasted meat dishes. From volume 1 of the Silk Road Gourmet cookbook. It probably came to Armenia from Arabia during one of the periods of Islamic conquest of the region and is still eaten in Arabia and in several Muslim countries around Asia.
Provided by Sharon123
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan and sauté the onion until it softens and starts to color, about 10 minutes, then add the fenugreek and the roasted seeds and nuts and mix well.
- Cook over medium until the onions have wilted completely, about 10 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to the onions along with the stock and water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- When the water is hot, add the rice and return to a boil. Then lower heat and cook covered 15-20 minutes or until the rice is done(if using brown rice, cook another 15-20 minutes).
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS
- Put the broth and quinoa in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and grain is tender.
- Meanwhile, toast the nuts in a large dry skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown and fragrant, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove nuts from pan and set aside. Heat the oil in the same skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook stirring occasionally, until the onions soften and begin to brown, about 6 minutes.
- When the quinoa is done, fluff with a fork and transfer to a large serving bowl. Stir in the pine nuts, onions, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
RICE PILAF WITH CURRANTS AND PINE NUTS
- Place rice in medium bowl and add enough water to cover by 2 inches; using hands, gently swish grains to release excess starch. Carefully pour off water, leaving rice in bowl. Repeat four to five times, until water runs almost clear. Using a colander or fine mesh strainer, drain water from rice; place colander over bowl and set aside. Bring 2 1/4 cups water to boil, covered, in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add salt and season with pepper; cover to keep hot. Meanwhile, heat butter in large saucepan over medium heat until foam begins to subside; add onion and sauté until softened but not browned, about 4 minutes. Add turmeric, cinnamon, and garlic to sautéed onion; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds longer. Add rice and stir to coat grains with butter; cook until edges of rice grains begin to turn translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir hot seasoned water into rice; return to boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 16-18 minutes. Off heat, remove lid, sprinkle currants over rice in pan (do not mix in), and place kitchen towel folded in half over saucepan; replace lid. Let stand 10 minutes; toss in toasted pine nuts, fluff rice with fork, and serve.
BROWN RICE PILAF WITH CHERRIES AND PINE NUTS
- Bring water and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until foaming. Add pine nuts; saute until toasted, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove pine nuts from skillet.
- Melt the second tablespoon butter in the same skillet. Saute green onions and garlic until softened and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onions and garlic to the pan of rice. Add pine nuts and cherries; toss.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.3 calories, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 7.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 51.8 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
PINE NUT-SAFFRON PILAF
- Heat the EVOO in a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the nuts and toast until lightly golden, then remove and reserve.
- Melt the butter in the pot, then add the broken pasta and toast to golden. Stir in the saffron and rice, then add the stock. Bring to a boil, stir in the raisins, then cover and simmer for 17 to 18 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed and the pasta and rice are tender.
- Fluff the pilaf with a fork and stir in the reserved nuts. Serve immediately.
More about "pine nut and sesame pilaf armenia recipes"
ARMENIAN PILAF WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
4/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsServings 8Calories 285 per serving
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pasta and cook until browned and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except for nuts.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with nuts.
PINE NUT-AND-RICE PILAF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 6Calories 289 per serving
MEDITERRANEAN RICE PILAF; WITH NUTS AND DRIED FRUIT ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 55 minsCategory Side DishCalories 187 per serving
PILAF PINE NUTS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
RICE PILAF WITH PINE NUTS AND GOLDEN RAISINS RECIPE - YOUTUBE
ARMENIAN PILAF WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE | RECIPE | PILAF ...
ARMENIAN PILAF WITH PINE NUTS | MYRECIPES.COM | PILAF ...
ARMENIAN PILAF WITH PINE NUTS | MYRECIPES RECIPE
RECIPE PINE NUT AND CRANBERRY RICE PILAF RECIPE - YOUTUBE
PINE NUT AND GREEN ONION PILAF RECIPES
PINE NUT AND SESAME PILAF ARMENIA RECIPES
ARMENIAN PILAF WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE | RECIPE | PILAF ...
ARMENIAN PILAF W/ PINE NUTS - BIGOVEN.COM
ARMENIAN PILAF WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE RECIPE
BEEF BROTH AND BROWN RICE RECIPES (68) - SUPERCOOK
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
CHICKEN RICE PILAF WITH FRESH HERBS (TURKISH STYLE ...
SESAME SEED AND PINE NUT RECIPES (56) - SUPERCOOK
You'll also love