PINEAPPLE CANNOLI CONES
- Food processor.
- Piping bag with large star tip.
- Cone holder.
- To make the pineapple cannoli filling, in a food processor, puree chopped pineapple until smooth. Add ricotta cheese and cream cheese and pulse to combine. Transfer filling to a large bowl and add confectioners sugar, stirring until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip and yellow food coloring. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a medium bowl, microwave to melt 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips with vegetable oil, stirring until smooth. Dip the tops of each cone into the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off. Sprinkle pistachios or sprinkles around the edges of the cones, transfer to a cone stand or glass and let dry. Dip the pineapple wedges into the chocolate, leaving a 1-inch border on one side, set aside on a parchment-lined baking sheet to dry.
- Pipe the filling into the cones in a circle to resemble a soft-serve ice cream cone. Top with a dipped pineapple wedge and remaining pistachios, sprinkles and mini chocolate chips.
Ana and Lydia's cannoli, recipe invented on July 31st, 2005. I spent a lot of time looking for a good recipe for cannoli shells and filling. Since no two were alike, and since instructions were a bit sketchy, I worked with a friend to come up with a good recipe, including some tips that we came up with along the way. Special equipment is needed such as cannoli tubes, a pasta machine and a pastry bag to help make these cannoli come out just like the ones at Italian restaurants and bakeries. Start with 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar, and then add more to taste.
Provided by Lydia Nacawa
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in the shortening until it is in pieces no larger than peas. Make a well in the center, and pour in the egg, egg yolk, Marsala wine, vinegar and water. Mix with a fork until the dough becomes stiff, then finish it by hand, kneading on a clean surface. Add a bit more water if needed to incorporate all of the dry ingredients. Knead for about 10 minutes, then cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Divide the cannoli dough into thirds, and flatten each one just enough to get through the pasta machine. Roll the dough through successively thinner settings until you have reached the thinnest setting. Dust lightly with flour if necessary. Place the sheet of dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a form or large glass or bowl, cut out 4 to 5 inch circles. Dust the circles with a light coating of flour. This will help you later in removing the shells from the tubes. Roll dough around cannoli tubes, sealing the edge with a bit of egg white.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) in a deep-fryer or deep heavy skillet. Fry shells on the tubes a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Use tongs to turn as needed. Carefully remove using the tongs, and place on a cooling rack set over paper towels. Cool just long enough that you can handle the tubes, then carefully twist the tube to remove the shell. Using a tea towel may help you get a better grip. Wash or wipe off the tubes, and use them for more shells. Cooled shells can be placed in an airtight container and kept for up to 2 months. You should only fill them immediately or up to 1 hours before serving.
- To make the filling, stir together the ricotta cheese and confectioners' sugar using a spoon. Fold in lemon zest and chocolate. Use a pastry bag to pipe into shells, filling from the center to one end, then doing the same from the other side. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar and grated chocolate for garnish when serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401.9 calories, Carbohydrate 17.6 g, Cholesterol 22.3 mg, Fat 34.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 5.4 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 42.5 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
This party-perfect version of cannoli swaps the usual fried pastry dough wrap for ice cream cones-so they're not just fun to eat, they're easier to make.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 Cones
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Beat ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and lemon zest with an electric mixer on medium high speed until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Fold in ¼ cup of the chocolate chips and transfer mixture to a large zip top bag. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes while preparing the cones.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Dip the wide opening of each cone into melted chocolate, tap off excess and roll in either sprinkles or nuts. Place on a sheet of wax paper to set.
- When chocolate has set, remove filling from refrigerator and cut a small opening in one corner of the bag. Pipe filling into each cone and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
More about "pineapple cannoli cones recipes"
EASY CANNOLI CONES RECIPE - DELISH
5/5 (3)Category Dessert
CANNOLI CONES - EAT. DRINK. LOVE.
4.2/5 (54)Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertsCalories 313 per serving
- I recommend draining your ricotta overnight. I took a mixing bowl and laid a large mesh strainer on top, then a paper towel, followed by the ricotta and let it sit it the fridge overnight. You can also use a cheese cloth if you have one!
- If you want to dip your cones in melted chocolate, melt the semi-sweet chips in the microwave and dip! Place the cones in a glass or on wax paper to dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the drained ricotta, sugar, and the vanilla until well-combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Use a piping bag or spoon the mixture into each cone. Serve (see note)!
CANNOLI CONES - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
4.4/5 (33)Total Time 30 minsServings 10Calories 274 per serving
- Melt dark chocolate chips and dip wide opening of cones in melted chocolate. Place cones facedown on a parchment paper-lined pan until chocolate is hardened.
- With a hand mixer on medium speed, beat ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until combined. Add 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a piping bag with a large tip. Pipe cannoli mixture into each cone. Add additional chocolate chips on top of the cannoli filling, for decoration.
SUGARHERO DESSERT RECIPES - CANNOLI CONES | FACEBOOK
ICE CREAM CONE CANNOLI RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HOLY MOLY CANNOLI CONES RECIPE | RECIPE | CANNOLI CONES ...
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN CANNOLI RECIPE - SICILY'S BEST DESSERT
79 CRAVE-WORTHY CANNED PINEAPPLE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
ICE CREAM CONE CANNOLIS RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE CANNOLI CREAM
PINEAPPLE CANNOLI CONES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
15 SWEET AND SAVORY WAYS TO USE CANNED PINEAPPLE - …
SUPER EASY NO BAKE CANNOLI CONES - XOXOBELLA
CANNOLI CONES - RECIPE | HARDCORE ITALIANS
CANNOLI CONES - OWLBBAKING.COM
CANNOLI CONES | CANNOLI CREAM, CANNOLI RECIPE, DESSERT ...
CANNOLI CONES DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE - PORTSIDE CUISINE
CANNOLI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CANNOLI CONES - SUGARHERO
CANNOLI CONES - COOKING CLASSY
CANNOLI CONES – MY ROI LIST
VEGAN CANNOLI CONES - 8 INGREDIENTS, GREAT FOR PARTIES!
CANNOLI CONE RECIPE - MOMTASTIC
PINEAPPLE CANNOLI CONES | VAL | COPY ME THAT
ICE-CREAM CONE CANNOLI RECIPE - PUREWOW
PINEAPPLE CANNOLI CONES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHOCOLATE CANNOLI CONES | CREATED BY DIANE
CANNOLI CONES RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
WOW! A “CONE-OLI” CANNOLI - PAMS DAILY DISH
INSTANT CANNOLI CONES - GAY LEA
NO BAKE TROPICAL COCONUT PINEAPPLE LUSH CAKE - XOXOBELLA
PUFF PASTRY CANNOLI CONES - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
CANNOLI CONES | WAFFLE CONE RECIPE, CANNOLI RECIPE, CONE ...
CANNOLI CONES - CREATED BY DIANE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #tropical-fruit #pineapple
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make cannoli cones with cream cheese?Cannoli Cones. Cannoli without all the fuss. Dip the top of each cone in melted chocolate. Stand the cones upright in tall shot glasses while the chocolate sets. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, ricotta, powdered sugar and cinnamon until smooth. Gradually add heavy cream and beat until light and fluffy.
What do you put inside a cannoli?These cannoli are a dream! Crunchy outside with a delightful fluffy and sweet cream inside. Top with chocolate chips and confectioners sugar for a complete look! Read the full recipe after the video.
What is a cannoli?What is a Cannolo? The Authentic cannoli recipe consists of a fried and crispy pastry wrap, stuffed with a creamy filling of ricotta, chocolate chips and candied pumpkin cubes. The latter got a bit lost in time and isn’t considered to be the main ingredient anymore.
How much sugar do you put in a cannoli?Start with 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar, and then add more to taste. These cannoli are a dream! Crunchy outside with a delightful fluffy and sweet cream inside.