POACHED EGG WITH RICE AND EDAMAME
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add kale and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add edamame and cook until heated through. Season with salt. Transfer to a bowl with rice and top with cabbage.
- In a small pot, bring 2 inches water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Crack egg into a teacup and gently slide into water. Cook until white is just set but yolk is still loose, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and serve over rice and vegetables. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 537 g, Fat 24 g, Fiber 10 g, Protein 23 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 310 g
MEXICAN RICE WITH POACHED EGGS
This Mexican rice recipe topped with soft fried eggs works for breakfast or dinner. I like to serve the dish with hot tortillas and a side of refried beans for a complete meal. -Jeanne Lewis, Brooklyn, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook sausage, crumbling meat, with onion and peppers until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beef base, cumin and black pepper., Add rice; brown lightly. Pour in water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 18-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Transfer to a platter; keep warm., Meanwhile, poach eggs by bringing 2-3 in. water to a boil in a large saucepan or skillet with high sides; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to water surface, slip egg into water. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water. Place on rice; sprinkle with cheese. If desired serve with warm tortillas.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 482 calories, Fat 28g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 246mg cholesterol, Sodium 998mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
RICE WITH POACHED EGGS
- Heat the oven to 350. Put the oil in a large, heavy, ovenproof saucepan with a lid over low heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes. Add the coriander seeds, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon, chilies, bay leaves and 1 teaspoon salt. Raise the heat to medium and continue to cook and stir for 4 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat in the oil. Add 3 cups water, cover the pan, transfer to the oven and cook for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, keeping it covered, and let it rest somewhere warm.
- Fill a large, deep saucepan with enough water to come 2 inches up the sides. Add the vinegar and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to as low a simmer as possible so the water is almost completely calm and only the tiniest of bubbles float to the surface. Carefully break the eggs into the water, cook for 1 minute, and then remove the pan from the heat, leaving the eggs in the water; let rest for 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs; drain on paper towels.
- When the eggs are almost done, stir the parsley, cilantro and lemon juice into the rice and fluff it with a fork. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Put the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; when it’s hot, add the kirmizi biber and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Divide the rice among four individual serving bowls. Place two eggs on each portion, drizzle chili butter on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 758, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 92 grams, Fat 35 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 868 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SPICED RICE WITH KIPPERS & POACHED EGGS
- Put the kippers in a pan, cover them with hot water and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and leave the kippers in the hot water while you start the rice.
- Crush the spices and chilli using a mortar and pestle. Heat the oil and butter in a large deep frying pan and cook the onion until soft. Tip in the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add the crushed spices and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock or water and bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the rice is tender. There still needs to be a little moisture in the pan, so if it is dry, add more liquid and continue to cook. Taste and season.
- Flake the fish, removing all the skin and bones. Gently fold the fish and coriander into the rice, then cover and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes. At the same time, poach the eggs for about 2-4 minutes until the whites are just cooked but the yolks are soft. On a plate, lay the eggs on the rice and finish with a grind of black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 654 calories, Fat 39 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 50 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 29 grams protein, Sodium 2.84 milligram of sodium
POACHED EGG WITH SPICY RICE
Want nutrition in 30 minutes? This quick simple recipe is full of fibre, iron, folic acid and vitamin C
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the onion and pepper for 5-8 mins until soft and beginning to brown. Tip in the rice, frozen peas, curry powder and 200ml water, stir well, then simmer gently for 10 mins.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and, when the rice is almost ready, poach the egg (see p50 for some great tips on poaching eggs). Serve the egg on top of the spicy rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 711 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 62 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 50 grams protein, Sodium 0.25 milligram of sodium
POACHED EGGS WITH YOGURT AND SPICY BUTTER
- Combine yogurt, garlic, and chives in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add paprika and cayenne; remove from heat. Cover to keep warm.
- Fill a large, shallow saucepan with 2 inches water; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Break 1 egg into a coffee cup and slowly slide into water. Repeat with remaining egg. Cook until whites are set but yolks are still soft, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Divide yogurt mixture between plates. Top with eggs; drizzle with butter mixture. Sprinkle with pepper and chive blossoms; serve.
More about "poached egg with spicy rice recipes"
SPICED VEGGIE RICE WITH POACHED EGGS | EGGS RECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 55 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 407 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Finely chop the spring onions, then peel and finely slice the garlic.
- Add the spring onions, garlic and bay leaves, and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, until the spring onions are soft and sweet.
- Bash the cardamom pods and the coriander and cumin seeds with a pestle and mortar and add to the pan with the turmeric, chopped chilli and a couple of hearty pinches of sea salt.
INDIAN SPICED RICE WITH POACHED EGGS | GET CRACKING
Cuisine International RecipesCategory LunchServings 4Total Time 35 mins
22 POACHED EGG RECIPES FOR ANY MEAL | BON APPéTIT
10 BEST POACHED EGG ON RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
COD RICE WITH POACHED EGGS | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
SPICY KIMCHI FRIED RICE WITH POACHED EGG RECIPE
RICE COOKER EGGS: BOILED, POACHED, SCRAMBLED, OR STEAMED | THE …
POACHED SHRIMP WITH SPICY STEW | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
SPICY PEANUT RICE & POACHED EGG - A DASH OF GINGER
INDIAN EGG FRIED RICE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED FETA RICE WITH POACHED EGGS AND HARISSA
POACHED EGG OVER RICE SPINACH (BURANI ME SPINAQ DHE VEZë)
SHRIMP FRIED RICE WITH POACHED EGGS - SPICYFIG
POACHED EGG WITH SPICY RICE | RECIPE | SPICY RICE, BBC GOOD FOOD ...
POACHED EGG CURRY - EGGS POACHED IN SPICY SAU... | DESI COOKING …
RICE WITH POACHED EGGS - PLAIN.RECIPES
POACHED EGG RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
POACHED EGG WITH SPICY RICE RECIPE | BY BBCGOODFOOD.COM
ÇıLBıR: TURKISH POACHED EGGS - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
POACHED EGGS OVER RICE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
POACHED EGG WITH SPICY RICE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SPICY KIMCHI FRIED RICE WITH POACHED EGG RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
VEGETABLE FRIED RICE WITH FRIED EGGS AND POACHED ASIAN PEARS
POACHED EGGS ON STICKY RICE | CANADIAN LIVING
POACHED EGGS WITH SPINACH AND LENTILS - RICARDO
SPICED RICE WITH KIPPERS & POACHED EGGS - BRADLEY'S FISH
POACHED EGG IN SWEET FERMENT RICE - | A DAILY FOOD
RICE WITH SPINACH AND POACHED EGG - BORGES
POACHED EGG DISHES - THERESCIPES.INFO
MEXICAN RICE WITH POACHED EGGS | RECIPE | RICE RECIPES FOR DINNER ...
10 BEST POACHED EGG ON RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
POACHED EGGS IN RICE COOKER - THERESCIPES.INFO
SPANISH TOMATO RICE WITH POACHED EGGS - SPAIN ON A FORK
POACHED EGGS AND POLENTA WITH SPICY CHILI SAUCE - 10 INGREDIENTS!
POACHED EGG WITH SPICY RICE | RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, …
TOMATO PEPPER AND EGG RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
POACHED SCRAMBLED EGGS - HEALTHYISH FOODS
You'll also love