POLISH NOODLES (COTTAGE CHEESE AND NOODLES)
This simple recipe came from the Polish side of my family. We simply called it 'cottage cheese and noodles' or 'lazy man pierogies.' It's a great comfort food and can be made with any kind of noodle. It could be a side dish, but we always enjoyed it as a meal.
Provided by Brandi Rose
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in melted butter until softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Stir butter and onion mixture, cottage cheese, sour cream, sea salt, and black pepper into the noodles. Place the pot over medium heat; cook and stir until heated through and warm, 5 to 8 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 545.2 calories, Carbohydrate 57.2 g, Cholesterol 123 mg, Fat 26.1 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 20.8 g, SaturatedFat 15.2 g, Sodium 584.4 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
EASY CHEESE & ONION SLICE
This cheesy dish is a great buffet recipe for guests to just help themselves to
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Buffet, Main course
Yield Cuts into 8-10 slices
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Boil potatoes for 15 mins until tender, then drain well and smash a little. Cool slightly.
- Mix the cheese, cayenne and onions with the smashed potatoes and stir to make a mouldable filling. Roll out the pastry to a rectangle about 25 x 35cm. Carefully lift onto a baking sheet and brush all over with beaten egg.
- Press the cheese mix along one of the long sides of the pastry, leaving 2cm pastry free on one side for sealing, and half of the pastry empty on the other side for folding over later. Fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges together, before trimming with a knife and sealing well by pressing the edges with a fork.
- Brush with egg and bake for 30 mins. Cool, then slice and serve with caramelised red onions. Can be made 1 day ahead
Nutrition Facts : Calories 467 calories, Fat 31 grams fat, SaturatedFat 19 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 35 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 16 grams protein, Sodium 1.37 milligram of sodium
POLISH SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
I wanted a polish sausage casserole recipe that combined the flavors that my family seemed to most like. When I couldn't find it, I decided to make my own and this was met with rave reviews from youngest to oldest! This will definitely go on our regular line up.
Provided by Likkel
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the oil (or melted butter) in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Spread the chopped onion and then the shredded potatoes evenly to cover the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake this first layer in the oven for 20 minutes, to crisp it up.
- While the potato layer is baking you will have time to make the cheese sauce: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Then add the flour, dry mustard, and salt & pepper. Whisk the mixture together, allowing it to slightly brown and become smooth and just bubbly. Pour in the milk and whisk until smooth and thick. Then add the cheese and whisk again until the cheese has melted, remove from heat.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and cover the top of the potatoes with the thinly sliced polish sausage. Place uncooked asparagus over the top of the sausage and pour the cheese sauce evenly over the top of the asparagus. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the casserole and put into the oven to bake for 40 minutes.
When I first made this dish, my 2-year-old liked it so much that he wanted it for every meal! You can use almost any pasta that will hold the sauce. -Crystal Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sausage, soup, sauerkraut, 2 cups cheese, milk, onions, mustard and garlic., Spoon into 2 greased 8-in. square baking dishes; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly, 45-50 minutes. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly, 50-55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428 calories, Fat 26g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 69mg cholesterol, Sodium 1193mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
More about "polish cheese slices recipes"
KRAKOW-STYLE CHEESECAKE (SERNIK KRAKOWSKI) RECIPE : …
A COLLECTION OF POPULAR POLISH DESSERT RECIPES - THE …
10 BEST POLISH SAUSAGE WITH POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
SERNIK (POLISH CHEESECAKE) - POLISH HOUSEWIFE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
TRADITIONAL POLISH CHEESECAKE (SERNIK) RECIPE - THE …
4.1/5 (121)Total Time 2 hrs 45 minsCategory Dessert, CakeCalories 546 per serving
KARPATKA: POLISH VANILLA CUSTARD SLICE RECIPE - WHOLESOME COOK
WHAT ARE CHEESE SLICES? GLOSSARY | USES, RECIPES WITH CHEESE SLICES
10 BEST PROCESSED CHEESE SLICES RECIPES | YUMMLY
POLISH CHEESE BREAD - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
VIOLIFE CHEESE SLICES - THERESCIPES.INFO - THERECIPES
132 CHEESE SLICES RECIPES | TARLADALAL.COM
23 POLISH CHEESE BUNS IDEAS | CHEESE BUNS, VANILLA SLICE RECIPE ...
POLISH CHEESE SLICES - CHAMPSDIET.COM
POLISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
POLISH EASTER CHEESE - BIGOVEN.COM
POLISH HEAD CHEESE
TRADITIONAL BAKED POLISH CHEESECAKE (SERNIK) - EVERYDAY HEALTHY …
POLISH CHEESECAKE - POLISH HOUSEWIFE
POLISH CHEESE BREAD RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
10 POLISH SAUSAGE RECIPES FOR DINNER - INSANELY GOOD
CALCIUM IN SWISS CHEESE SLICE - THERESCIPES.INFO
8 MOST POPULAR POLISH CHEESES - TASTEATLAS
POLISH BIGOS – POLANA POLISH FOOD ONLINE
EASY POLISH SWEET CHEESE RECIPE READY IN 5 MINUTES!
CLASSIC POLISH HUNTER’S STEW - POLANA POLISH FOOD ONLINE
POLISH EASTER CHEESE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
TOP 10 POLISH RECIPES IDEAS AND INSPIRATION - PINTEREST
KARPATKA (POLISH CUSTARD SLICE) - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
TOP 23 POLISH APPETIZERS - POLISH FOOD LIST, PHOTOS & RECIPES
14 EASY AND TASTY POLISH SAUSAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
POLISH MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
POLISH CHEESE SWEET ROLLS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THE EASIEST KETO PIEROGIES — KETO TWINS
POLISH PASTA CASSEROLE | 12 TOMATOES
23 POLISH CREAM CHEESE BREAD IDEAS | CHEESE BUNS, COOKIES RECIPES ...
POLISH SAUSAGE AND MACARONI - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
10 BEST PROCESSED CHEESE SLICES RECIPES | YUMMLY
POLISH CHEESECAKE RECIPE | SAINSBURY`S MAGAZINE
14 EASY POLISH DESSERTS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #north-american #desserts #canadian #oven #european #russian #polish #cheesecake #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Polish cheesecake?A traditional Polish cheesecake, you’ll notice the cheese in this cheesecake. Mix together two egg yolks and 3 tablespoon sour cream, add to dry ingredients, only until combined, (if too stiff add a little water or an egg) This is a dense cheesecake.
How do you eat Pol Polish cheese?Polish-style Farmer’s Cheese is often enjoyed on its own – sliced and served on a piece of rye bread. Most popular options are: Twaróg sprinkled with salt and fresh chives, garnished with slices of red radish, or… Twaróg sweetened with a generous dollop of honey.
What is Polish farmer’s cheese?As an ingredient, this Farmer’s Cheese goes into many classic Polish dishes, including (but not limited to): ‘Gzik’ – a creamy dip, mixed with cumin, spring onion and dill. Various fillings, e.g. for Sweet Cheese Pierogi, for Potato and Cheese Pierogi, or for ‘Naleśniki’ (Polish-style crêpes)
What are some of the best Polish dessert recipes?Polish dessert recipes are hearty and delicious! From poppy seed rolls to dried fruit cookies, you’ll want to make these mouth-watering treats. I’m sure you’re pretty tired of the same old desserts, so come and explore the culinary traditions of Poland with me.