POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
Everyone loves Popeye's and their fried chicken. What if I tell you that you can make the exact Popeye's fried chicken at your home. In this post, I am going to show you how you can do it.
Provided by Samah
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Take a large bowl. Stir buttermilk and 2 tablespoons of hot sauce (Tabasco) in the bowl.
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk mixture. Cover and refrigerate it overnight.
- Now, take a medium bowl and whisk together eggs, water and 1 tablespoon hot sauce.
- Take another large bowl and stir together flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- To fry the chicken, take a large Dutch oven and pour oil to a depth of 2 1/2 inches.
- Heat the oil to 325°F and remove the chicken from buttermilk.
- Dip those chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Shake off the excess flour and repeat the above step 7 once again (dipping chicken in flour and dredging in flour mixture).
- Fry 4 pieces at a time for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Soak excess oil on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 733 kcal, Carbohydrate 77 g, Sodium 3140 mg, Fat 27 g, Cholesterol 161 mg, Protein 46 g, ServingSize 1 serving
POPEYE FRIED CHICKEN
- In a shallow dish or bowl mix together the flour, cornstarch, seasoning salt, paprika, baking soda, dressing mix, soup mix, spaghetti sauce mix and sugar. Place cereal crumbs in another shallow dish or bowl, and mix together eggs and water in a third shallow dish or bowl.
- Heat oil (1 inch deep) in a large skillet over medium high heat. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dip chicken pieces into dry coating mix, egg/water mixture, cereal crumbs, briefly into dry mix once more, then drop into hot oil skin side down. Brown for 3 to 4 minutes, then brown other side of each piece.
- Place browned chicken pieces in a 9x13 inch baking dish, skin side up, and cover dish with aluminum foil leaving one side open for escaping steam.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender and juices run clear. Remove cover and bake another 5 minutes to let coating become crisp; serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 733.4 calories, Carbohydrate 76.3 g, Cholesterol 161.4 mg, Fat 26.8 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 44.3 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 3139.7 mg, Sugar 7.6 g
POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN - COPYCAT
- Wash and clean chicken.
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups buttermilk, sea salt and hot sauce. Stir well. Add chicken pieces to bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour turning wings once in buttermilk. In a separate bowl combine egg, 1/2 cup buttermilk,and flour.
- Remove chicken from bowl and dip in batter.
- Season chicken with Zatarain, turmeric, white pepper, chicken bouillon and Accent.
- Pour cornflakes in separate bowl and dip chicken pieces in cornflakes,making sure to coat them evenly.
- In a medium cast iron skillet heat vegetable oil to 350°F Place chicken pieces in hot oil. Fry for about 15- 20 minutes covered, turning once.
- Remove chicken from pan, drain on paper towel and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4041.4, Fat 369.9, SaturatedFat 56.3, Cholesterol 386.9, Sodium 3070.1, Carbohydrate 117.6, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 34.7, Protein 72.3
POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN
My brother had been going on and on about this chicken. I don't eat at Popeye's, but finally found a recipe on the net, and boy, was he right about this chicken! It's delicious, although with all those mixes and the frying it can't be too healthy for you. The dipping takes a little work, but I think it's worth it!
Provided by Mirj2338
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine first 9 ingredients in large bowl.
- Put the cornflakes into another bowl.
- Put eggs and water in a 3rd bowl.
- Put enough corn oil into a heavy roomy skillet to fill it 1 inch deep.
- Get it HOT!
- Grease a 9x12x2-inch baking pan.
- Set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Dip the chicken pieces 1 piece at a time as follows: Into dry coating mix.
- Into egg and water mix.
- Into corn flakes.
- Briskly but briefly back into dry mix.
- Drop into hot oil, skin-side-down and brown 3 to 4 minutes on medium high.
- Turn and brown other side of each piece.
- Don't crowd pieces during frying.
- Place in the prepared pan in a single layer, skin-side-up.
- Seal in foil, on 3 sides only, leaving 1 side loose for steam to escape.
- Bake at 350~ for 35-40 minutes removing foil then to test tenderness of the chicken.
- Allow to bake uncovered 5 minutes longer to crisp the coating.
- Leftovers refrigerate well up to 4 days.
- Do not freeze these leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 624.4, Fat 23.1, SaturatedFat 6.5, Cholesterol 156.6, Sodium 1525.3, Carbohydrate 68.7, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 7.2, Protein 33.4
More about "popeye fried chicken recipes"
COPYCAT POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2/5 (9)Total Time 8 hrs 30 mins
- Stir together buttermilk and 2 tablespoons of the hot sauce in large bowl. Submerge chicken in buttermilk mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Whisk together eggs, water, and remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce in a medium bowl. Stir together flour, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 1/2 inches in a large Dutch oven, and heat to 325°F over medium-high. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, and dredge in flour mixture; shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg mixture, and dredge in flour again; shaking off excess flour.
- Carefully add chicken to hot oil, 4 pieces at a time; fry until golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes, maintaining oil temperature of 325°F. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN SECRET RECIPE -- UNCOVERED!
Author SecretRecipes87Views 877K
POPEYES FAMOUS FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | TOP SECRET …
4.4/5 (5)Total Time 43 minsCategory EntreeCalories 687 per serving
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT POPEYES CHICKEN AT HOME - FORBES
REFRIED POPEYE'S (A.K.A. EXTRA CRISPY POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN) RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE POPEYE'S SPICY CHICKEN RECIPE - 100K-RECIPES
POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN SODIUM CONTENT - THERESCIPES.INFO
POPEYES CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE - ALYONA’S COOKING
24 POPEYES COPYCAT RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN STRIPS RECIPE - SECRET COPYCAT …
I TRIED POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | KITCHN
POPEYES CHICKEN RECIPE | POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN | GRANDPA KITCHEN …
CRUMBLY POPEYES CHICKEN TENDERS COPYCAT RECIPE - THEFOODXP
POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN - COPYCAT RECIPES
7 WAYS TO TURN FRIED CHICKEN LEFTOVERS INTO AN AMAZING MEAL
POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN LOCATIONS NEAR ME - THERESCIPES.INFO
POPEYE'S SPICY FRIED CHICKEN | MCCALLUM'S SHAMROCK PATCH
HOW TO MAKE A FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH LIKE POPEYES AT HOME
POPEYE'S FAMOUS FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
COPYCAT POPEYE’S CHICKEN – HOMEMADE! - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
DIY POPEYES CHICKEN SANDWICH | GIMME DELICIOUS
HOW TO MAKE COPYCAT POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN - VIDEO | MYRECIPES
POPEYES - WIKIPEDIA
COPYCAT POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - TOP RECIPES
POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN PO BOY RECIPE » RECIPEFAIRY.COM
POPEYES-STYLE CHICKEN TENDERS FROM 'FRIED & TRUE'
POPEYES CHICKEN BATTER RECIPE COPYCAT - THERESCIPES.INFO
POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE. EXTRA CRISPY! – COOK IT
POPEYE'S COPYCAT LOUISIANA CHICKEN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
COPYCAT POPEYE'S CHICKEN STRIPS - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
HUGE NEW POPEYES CHICKEN RESTAURANT TO OPEN AT FORMER BURGER …
POPEYE'S CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
POPEYES CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE - SPOON FORK BACON
SECRET COPYCAT POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN | RECIPELION.COM
VEGAN POPEYES BONAFIDE CHICKEN (VEGETARIAN) - THE EDGY VEG
POPEYES EXTRA-CRISPY SPICY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
POPEYE BUTTERMILK CHICKEN SANDWICH COPYCAT RECIPE
POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BEST AMERICAN RECIPES: TSR VERSION OF POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN BY …
COPYCAT POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
POPEYES PICKLE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
11 SECRETS POPEYES DOESN’T WANT YOU TO KNOW — EAT THIS NOT THAT
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Popeye's fried chicken pop?These "popable" versions of Popeye's Famous Fried Chicken are perfect for lunch, get togethers or kid's parties. In a large bowl, add flour, salt, white pepper, cayenne and paprika. In a medium bowl, add eggs. Beat with a whisk until well-blended. One at a time, dip each piece of chicken into the blended egg.
What kind of pepper does Popeyes use for fried chicken?Cayenne pepper and white pepper bring the heat to this crispy Popeyes famous fried chicken recipe hack. Did you like this recipe? Get your hands on my secret recipe for Popeyes Chicken Sandwich and other Popeyes dishes here.
What are the ingredients in Popeye’s spicy fried chicken?Ingredients list for Popeye’s Spicy Fried Chicken 1 Chicken Marinade 2 Spice Mixture 3 Batter Mixture. If you would like the chicken to have a spicier batter increase the cayenne pepper and white pepper to one tablespoon each.
What is the best way to make fried chicken?Now, take a medium bowl and whisk together eggs, water and 1 tablespoon hot sauce. Take another large bowl and stir together flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder. To fry the chicken, take a large Dutch oven and pour oil to a depth of 2 1/2 inches.