These are great to make ahead of time and then freeze. We freeze them with mashed potatoes and corn as part of a homemade TV dinner.
Provided by Tara
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, rice, 1/2 cup of water and onion. Blend in salt, celery salt, garlic powder and pepper. Mix well. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the meatballs; drain fat.
- In an 11x7 inch baking dish, combine the tomato sauce and 1 cup of water. Place the browned meatballs into the tomato sauce, turning to coat well.
- Cover and bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes. Uncover, and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.9 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Cholesterol 54.8 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 18.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 1107.4 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE COCONUT COOKIES
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Mix oats and coconut in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Stir sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and margarine together in a saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is smooth. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over the oats and coconut and quickly mix to coat. Drop by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet; let cookies cool and harden. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 157 calories, Carbohydrate 26.4 g, Cholesterol 0.4 mg, Fat 5.6 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 55.7 mg, Sugar 18.2 g
Rolling this chocolaty dough in almonds creates a "porcupine" look. They toast while the cookies bake, saving you a step!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, melted chocolate, orange zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, cardamom and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight., Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in almonds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly set. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84 calories, Fat 6g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 14mg cholesterol, Sodium 41mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PORCUPINE COOKIES
These are a cute and easy recipe to share with children. My mom used to make them when she worked at the elementary school cafeteria..The kids loved them and so did the adults...Theya re still one of my all time favorites to this day.
Provided by Pam Blais
Number Of Ingredients 8
- 1. Blend sugar, cocoa, and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then add butter and boil for one minute. remove from heat and add, peanut butter, vanilla, coconut, and oatts. Mix together well.
- 2. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop mixture in individual serving sizes onto waxed paper..Cool well before serving.
- 3. I have used both creamy and chunky peanut butter for this recipe with good results on both. I have also used a regular sized ice cream scoop for ADULT sized porions of this cookie and a small ice cream scoop for KIDS sized portions.
- -Mix coconut and oats in large bowl and set aside.
- -Mix sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- -Cook stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- -Bring to a boil point and boil for about 3 or 4 minutes (until soft ball stage).
- -Remove from burner and add vanilla.
- -Immediately add bowl of coconut and oats; mix until blended.
- -Drop from teaspoon onto wax paper and let stand until cool.
More about "porcupine cookies recipes"
NO BAKE DATE AND NUT COOKIES CRUNCHY SWEET TREAT # ...
Reviews 5Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a saucepan combine dates, egg and sweetener. Cook over LOW heat for about 5 minutes until dates soften and mixture is thick and sticky. Let cool.
EASY PORCUPINE MEATBALLS RECIPE - COOKIES AND CUPS
Reviews 2Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner
DATE SKILLET COOKIES WITH COCONUT AND ... - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 104Saturated Fat 2g 11%Cholesterol 12mg 4%Total Fat 5g 7%
MISS BUSY BEE'S KITCHEN: PORCUPINE COOKIES - BLOGGER
Author E. GouldEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
(VIDEO) HOW TO DECORATE HEDGEHOG COOKIES | SWEETOPIA
Reviews 9Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
PORCUPINE MEATBALLS INSTANT POT RECIPE - THE TYPICAL MOM
Category Appetizer, Entree, Main CourseCalories 247 per servingTotal Time 20 mins
60 VINTAGE COOKIE RECIPES WE LEARNED FROM ... - TASTE …
Author Kristin Sutter
OUR BEST COOKIE RECIPES - FOOD & WINE
PORCUPINE COOKIES RECIPE
SPOTTED PORCUPINE COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
5/5 Total Time 1 hrServings 24
- Preheat the oven to 375° and position 2 racks in the upper and lower third of the oven. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, beat the butter until creamy. Add the brown and granulated sugars and beat until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl and stir until combined. Stir in the white and semisweet chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, scoop 3-tablespoon mounds of the cookie batter onto 3 ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Using your hands, roll the dough mounds into balls. Insert the pretzel sticks into the dough balls and fill the empty spaces with M&M's Minis. Bake 2 sheets of the cookies until they are lightly browned by still soft in the middle, about 15 minutes, shifting the baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through. Let the cookies cool on the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining baking sheet, rotating the sheet halfway through baking. Serve warm or cooled.
PORCUPINE COOKIES RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
3.6/5 (38)Calories 637 per serving
10 BEST PORCUPINE MEATBALLS WITH INSTANT RICE RECIPES ...
PORCUPINE COOKIES - RECIPES WIKI
PORCUPINE MEATBALLS | WOOLWORTHS
PORCUPINE COOKIES RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
PORCUPINE COOKIES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
EASY PORCUPINE MEATBALLS RECIPE | COOKIES ... - EASY COOKERY
PORCUPINE COOKIES | HEALTHY FREE RECIPE, COOKING, FOOD
PORCUPINE COOKIES | RECIPES, COOKIE RECIPES, MEXICAN FOOD ...
PORCUPINE COOKIES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PORCUPINE COOKIES - NUTRITIVEREVOLUTION.COM
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #drop-cookies #desserts #easy #holiday-event #cookies-and-brownies #christmas #number-of-servings
You'll also love