SLOW COOKER PORK AND CIDER STEW
The combination of tender pork cubes, melt-in-your-mouth leeks and sweet apples make this stew a comfort classic. Pair it with egg noodles or späetzle for a simple but elegant meal.
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Layer leeks, pork, apples and garlic in the bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour in cider and vinegar.
- Cover and cook on low until pork is very tender, about 8 hours.
- Uncover cooker, stir in beans, and cook on high until heated through, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360 calories, Fat 8 grams, SaturatedFat 2.5 grams, Cholesterol 100 milligrams, Sodium 400 milligrams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Protein 37 grams
CROCK POT PORK CIDER STEW
If you want a switch from your normal stew recipes, you do not want to miss this Crock Pot Pork Cider Stew! It is easy to throw together and has an awesome flavor!
Provided by Aunt Lou
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put all of your ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker (I used my Programmable Travel Crock Pot) and stir well
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 5-6 hours
PORK AND CIDER STEW (A CROCK-POT RECIPE)
The pairing of sweet potatoes, carrots and apples go perfectly with the pork shoulder and make a nice counterpoint to the cider. It's also really fast and easy to get together.
Provided by TasteTester
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Layer sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, pork, and apple in a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow-cooker.
- Stir flour, salt, sage, thyme and pepper in a small bowl to combine. Add apple cider; stir until smooth. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours until pork and sweet potatoes are tender when pierced.
SLOW-COOKER PORK STEW
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic and ginger in a slow cooker. Toss in half of the flour and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the bay leaves over the vegetables.
- Season the pork generously with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the thyme and allspice and toss with the remaining flour to coat. Place the pork over the vegetables in the slow cooker. Add 2 cups water and the tomatoes, cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Discard the bay leaves. Remove the pork roast and slice or pull the meat off the bone into large pieces. Serve in bowls with the vegetables and broth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 634, Fat 29 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Cholesterol 210 milligrams, Sodium 601 milligrams, Carbohydrate 30 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 61 grams
SLOW COOKER CIDER PORK ROAST
- Combine 1/4 of the onion, 1/2 of the apple, and the garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to slow cooker along with the apple cider and water.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper. Combine the ginger and flour in a shallow container. Gently press the roast onto the flour mixture to coat all sides. Brush off any excess flour. Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Brown the pork in the hot oil, turning until golden on all sides. Place the browned roast in the slow cooker and scatter the celery and the remaining onion and apple on top. Cook on low for 4 hours, then add carrots. Cook for an additional 3 hours.
- Remove the cooked roast and carrots to a heated platter. If desired, thicken the cooking juices from the slow cooker to make a gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 235 calories, Carbohydrate 19.5 g, Cholesterol 59.7 mg, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 20.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 508.7 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
SLOW COOKER PORK STEW
This savory, one-pot, slow cooker pork stew is great in autumn with seasonal sweetness from fresh apples and yams. I came up with it years ago, and have perfected it over time. Serve hot in soup bowls with crusty bread, or serve in bread bowls for a special treat.
Provided by Tara Jill Emerson
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix flour, mustard powder, pepper, and salt together in a large bowl. Add pork and stir until fully coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add some pork to the hot oil, making sure skillet is not overcrowded, and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a slow cooker and repeat with remaining pork.
- Add remaining flour mixture to the skillet with a little more oil if needed. Cook and stir until lightly browned; transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add 2 cups vegetable stock to the slow cooker and stir until all flour lumps are gone. Add onions and wine.
- Cover and cook on High for 3 hours. Stir and season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Add more vegetable stock if too thick. Add carrots and yams and cook for another 2 hours. Add apples and cook until tender, 30 to 60 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462.2 calories, Carbohydrate 68 g, Cholesterol 49 mg, Fat 8 g, Fiber 10.6 g, Protein 22.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 400.7 mg, Sugar 10.4 g
SLOW-COOKED PORK STEW
Try this comforting pork stew recipe that's easy to put together, but tastes like you've been working hard in the kitchen all day. It's even better served over polenta, egg noodles or mashed potatoes. -Nancy Elliott, Houston, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots, celery and onion. In a small bowl, whisk broth and tomato paste; pour over vegetables. Add plums, garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme and, if desired, olives. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender., Discard bay leaves, rosemary and thyme. If desired, sprinkle stew with parsley and serve with potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 698mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SLOW-COOKER CIDER BRAISED PORK
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place onion in slow cooker.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook pork in oil about 10 minutes, turning frequently, until brown on all sides. Place pork over onion in slow cooker. In small bowl, mix cider and honey. Pour around pork.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Shred pork into chunks, using 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid in slow cooker. In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water; stir into cooking liquid. Increase heat setting to High. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until gravy is thickened.
- Heat mashed potatoes as directed on package. Serve pork with mashed potatoes and gravy. Sprinkle with additional pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fat 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 25 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 630 mg
CROCK POT PORK STEW
- Heat oil and brown pork.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients except broth and gravy mixes.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Combine broth and gravy mixes in the bowl and pour over ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
More about "pork and cider stew a crock pot recipes"
RECIPE: SLOW COOKER PORK AND CIDER STEW - KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CROCKPOT CIDER PORK STEW RECIPE
SLOW COOKER PORK RECIPES CROCK POT - THERESCIPES.INFO
PORK-AND-CIDER STEW RECIPE - FERNANDA MILANEZI | FOOD
RECIPE: CROCKPOT CIDER PORK STEW - MEALSTEPS
CIDER PORK STEW RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CROCKPOT CIDER PORK STEW - BIGOVEN.COM
PORK STEW CROCK POT RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SLOW COOKER CUBED PORK STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CROCK POT PORK CIDER STEW - JUST NORTH OF WIARTON PRINTABLE RECIPES
SLOW COOKER PORK STEW - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
CIDER PORK STEW - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
10 BEST PORK STEW MEAT CROCK POT RECIPES - YUMMLY
CROCK POT PORK APPLE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RECIPES > CROCK POT > HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT CIDER PORK STEW
CROCK-POT CIDER PORK STEW - FIRST PLACE FOR HEALTH
RECIPE: SLOW COOKER PORK AND CIDER STEW | RECIPE | FALL SLOW …
CROCK POT CIDER PORK STEW RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
RECIPE: SLOW COOKER PORK AND CIDER STEW - PINTEREST
10 BEST PORK AND CIDER SLOW COOKER RECIPES | YUMMLY
SLOW COOKER CIDER BRAISED PORK ROAST
CROCKPOT PORK & APPLE CIDER STEW - MOMS WITH CROCKPOTS
CIDER STEW FOR CROCK POT – RECIPES FOR THE COOK
CIDER PORK STEW CROCKPOT RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CIDER STEW FOR CROCK POT – RECIPES FOR THE COOK
CROCKPOT CIDER PORK STEW RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
PORK AND CIDER STEW (A CROCK-POT RECIPE) RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
THE BEST IDEAS FOR PORK STEW CROCK POT RECIPES
21 BEST PORK LOIN CROCK POT RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
PORK AND CIDER STEW (A CROCK-POT RECIPE) - DAIRY FREE RECIPES
SLOW COOKER PORK STEW - RICARDO CUISINE
SLOW COOKER HARD CIDER BARBECUE PORK
34 OF OUR FAVORITE SLOW-COOKER STEW RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
RECIPE: CROCKPOT CIDER PORK STEW - RECIPELINK.COM
CROCK POT CIDER PORK STEW | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
PORK STEW CROCK POT RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
RECIPE FOR CROCKPOT BEEF STEW WITH APPLE CIDER - THE SPRUCE EATS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook pork tenderloin in a crock pot?Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots, celery and onion. In a small bowl, whisk broth and tomato paste; pour over vegetables. Add plums, garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme and, if desired, olives. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
How do you make apple cider vinegar stewed pork?Mix the cider, cider apple vinegar, creme fraiche, salt & pepper, thyme & thickened chicken stock together in a large pouring jug & pour into the crockpot. (If using fresh thyme - leave to last.) Add the cored and halved apples and replace the lid whilst you brown the pork & shallots.
How to cook pork loin steak in a slow cooker?Generously season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Working in batches, add the pork in a single layer and sear until browned on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes per batch. Transfer to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining pork.
What do you put in a pork loin stew?Directions Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots, celery and onion. Discard bay leaves, rosemary and thyme. If desired, sprinkle stew with parsley and serve with potatoes.