PORK CHOPS WITH DELICIOUS GRAVY
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the pork chops with seasoned salt and seasoned pepper, then dredge in 3 tablespoons of flour. Shake off any excess flour, and place the chops in the skillet. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until browned.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, milk, 1 tablespoon of flour, lemon juice, and honey. Season with a tiny bit of seasoning salt if desired. Pour the sauce over the chops, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until pork is cooked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 51.9 mg, Fat 10.4 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 15.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 113.2 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY
This is an impressive and elegant dish that can be served to guests. You can use any fresh herbs you like, even the ones you have one hand.-Betty Slivon, Sun City, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon parsley and thyme. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dip chops in egg mixture, then crumb mixture., In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork chops in oil for 4 minutes on each side. Bake, uncovered, at 425° until a thermometer reads 145°, 10-15 minutes., Meanwhile, in second skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour and remaining salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir in cream and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 2 minutes. Serve gravy with pork chops; sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 683 calories, Fat 55g fat (23g saturated fat), Cholesterol 189mg cholesterol, Sodium 933mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH HOMEMADE TABLE GRAVY
- For the pork chops: Pour the buttermilk into a shallow baking dish and set aside. In another shallow baking dish, stir together the flour and 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons of the House Seasoning and set aside.
- Stir together the hot sauce, mustard and the remaining teaspoon of the House Seasoning in a small bowl. Rub the seasoning onto both sides of the pork chops. Place the pork chops in the buttermilk and turn to coat completely.
- Pour enough oil into a large cast-iron skillet to come 1 inch up the sides. Heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer reaches 350 degrees F.
- Working with one piece at a time, remove the pork chops from the buttermilk, letting any excess drip off. Coat in the flour mixture and carefully add to the hot oil. Fry, turning once, until the chops are browned and reach an internal temperature of 150 degrees F, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet to drain.
- For the table gravy: Meanwhile, drain the oil from the skillet. Melt the butter over medium-high heat, then whisk in the flour and cook for a minute, whisking constantly. Whisk in the half-and-half, a little at a time. Bring the gravy to a simmer and simmer until thickened, whisking occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the House Seasoning and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
GRAVY BAKED PORK CHOPS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the pork chops in the butter for about 5 minutes per side.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the milk, water and soup. Place the pork chops in a 9x13 inch baking dish and pour the soup mixture over the chops.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 234.4 calories, Carbohydrate 7.3 g, Cholesterol 76.2 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Protein 23.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 586.9 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
MOMMY'S PAN-FRIED PORK CHOPS
Delicious with mashed potatoes with gravy and corn. We also like to eat it with rice and gravy with a side of veggies.
Provided by Mebriella
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Instructions for Pork Chops:.
- In a large skillet add the oil, start to preheat oil on medium heat.
- Line a plate with paper towels to drain the pork chops once they come out of the pan.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and MSG in a large bowl with lid. Stir to mix well.
- Crack eggs in a rectangle bowl and beat eggs well.
- Add the pork chops to flour mixture bowl and place lid on bowl. Shake the bowl vigorously to coat the pork chops.
- Shake off excess flour from each pork chop and set aside on plate.
- Dip each side of pork chop in egg and place in flour mixture bowl. Do this with the rest of the pork chops. Place lid on bowl and shake vigorously to evenly coat the pork chops.
- Raise heat for oil to medium high.
- Carefully place pork chops in the oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Using a fork, carefully flip pork chops over and fry for another 2-3 minutes. The coating should be a nice golden brown color.
- Placed cooked pork chops on plate with paper towels to absorb the oil. Fry the rest of the pork chops the same way. Turn off heat when done.
- Milk Gravy Instructions:.
- Carefully pour out all the oil into an oil jar or into a heat safe bowl to throw away the oil after it has cooled.
- Wipe the sides of the skillet to remove any oil that has dripped down the sides.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of the oil used to cook the pork chops into the same skillet.
- Turn heat on medium high heat.
- Add the 1/4 cup of flour and mix with the oil. Mix constantly until the flour turns a golden brown.
- Add the 2 cups of milk and stir constantly. The gravy will start to thicken.
- Add the 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Remove from heat and place gravy in a bowl. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- Gravy for Rice Instructions:.
- Empty 2 packages of pork gravy mix into a medium saucepan.
- Add 1 3/4 cups of water and whisk well until all the lumps are gone.
- Turn heat on high and whisk constantly until the gravy begins to boil.
- After it starts to boil, whisk for another 1-2 minutes. The gravy should now be thick. Remove from heat and turn off stove.
- Place gravy into a bowl and serve over pork chops and cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1091.1, Fat 77.3, SaturatedFat 15.8, Cholesterol 227.4, Sodium 1938.2, Carbohydrate 49.3, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 0.3, Protein 48.4
PORK CHOPS WITH ONION AND MUSHROOM GRAVY
- Heat oil in heavy pan over medium heat.
- Add pork chops and brown on both sides.
- Remove pork chops and set aside.
- Add onions to pan and cook until limp.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp flour over onions and stir until flour starts to brown.
- Stir in 2 cups water and the mushrooms with their liquid.
- Heat to boiling and then reduce to simmering.
- Add 1/2 cup water to 1/4 cup brown gravy mix,mix well and add to water in pan, stirring well.
- Add pork chops to pan, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Use the additional water to thin the gravy, if needed.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455.2, Fat 27.1, SaturatedFat 6.5, Cholesterol 124.1, Sodium 507.3, Carbohydrate 9.3, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 1.9, Protein 41.6
MAKEOVER PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY
"My daughter and I made this recipe to create a special meal. I saw all the fat that went into it, and at my age, I can't handle all those calories," writes Betty from Sun City, Arizona. Our pros made a few changes to the recipe to improve its nutritional profile and found that Makeover Pork Chops with Gravy captures the home-style feel of the original recipe, but with less than half the fat.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and 1/2 cup milk. Combine the bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon parsley and thyme in another shallow bowl. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dip chops in egg mixture, then crumb mixture., In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork chops in 2 tablespoons butter for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°., Meanwhile, in the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and remaining salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir in the cream, broth and remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with chops; sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 392 calories, Fat 19g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 126mg cholesterol, Sodium 799mg sodium, Carbohydrate 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
More about "pork chops with delicious gravy recipes"
PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY RECIPE - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main Dish
EASY SKILLET PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY - PORK CHOP RECIPE
4.5/5 (151)Total Time 25 minsCategory PorkCalories 615 per serving
- Add pork chops to the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side, until well browned. Remove the pork chops from the pan and cover to keep warm. (They will finish cooking later.)
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY - THE RECIPE REBEL
BEST SOUTHERN FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE
PORK CHOPS WITH DELICIOUS GRAVY PHOTOS RECIPE
BEST PORK CHOPS WITH CREAMY PAN GRAVY - BACK FOR SECONDS
CROCK POT PORK CHOPS AND GRAVY (+VIDEO) - THE COUNTRY COOK
JANE ESSELSTYN RECIPES MUSHROOM GRAVY SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS - CAFE DELITES
SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS WITH ONIONS AND GRAVY RECIPE
PAN-FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY - 101 COOKING FOR TWO
10 BEST PORK CHOPS BROWN GRAVY RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST EVER SKILLET PORK CHOPS WITH PAN GRAVY
EASY ONE SKILLET PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY - MARIA'S MIXING BOWL
SLOW COOKED PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY ARE SO DELICIOUS
PAN SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY - JO COOKS
CROCKPOT RANCH PORK CHOPS | BUNS IN MY OVEN
SOUTHERN FRIED PORK CHOPS AND GRAVY - COPYKAT RECIPES
10 BEST BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY RECIPES | YUMMLY
PORK CHOPS WITH COUNTRY GRAVY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS AND GRAVY • SALT & LAVENDER
PORK CHOPS WITH DELICIOUS GRAVY - BRAISED
PORK CHOPS WITH DELICIOUS GRAVY | RECIPESTY
EASY SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS WITH GRAVY (HEALTHY VERSION)
SOUTHERN FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH WHITE GRAVY
PORK CHOPS IN GRAVY (SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS) - THE COZY COOK
RECIPE OF QUICK PORK CHOPS WITH COUNTRY GRAVY - VERBIERGPS.COM
BAKED PORK CHOPS AND ONION GRAVY - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
34 BEST PORK CHOP RECIPES | EASY PORK CHOP DINNER IDEAS
HOW TO MAKE PORK GRAVY HOMEMADE IN 10 MINUTES OR LESS
PORK CHOPS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM GRAVY - HEALTHY SEASONAL …
COUNTRY STYLE PORK CHOPS IN GRAVY - DEEP SOUTH DISH
CREAM OF CHICKEN PORK CHOPS WITH RANCH - CROCKPOT VERSION
PORK CHOPS WITH DELICIOUS GRAVY - KHIRAYA.LIFE
SKILLET PORK CHOPS WITH MILK GRAVY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SOUTHERN SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS IN BROWN GRAVY - FOOD RECIPES
SOUTHERN FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH COUNTRY GRAVY
15 EASY PORK CHOP RECIPES - BEST RECIPES FOR PORK CHOPS
MOM’S COUNTRY FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH CREAM GRAVY
You'll also love