MY YUMMY ROAST PORK WITH ONION GRAVY
This is my family's favorite way to have roast pork. I change the seasonings slightly a lot. I have been watching them lately in order to post so here it is. Time spent sitting wih rub on is not included.
Provided by conniecooks
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Mix all the dry seasonings in a small bowl.
- Pierce the meat all over with a fork.
- Rub with seasoning.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 - 4 hours.
- Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray for ease of cleanup.
- Thinly slice onions and spread out in bottom of pan.
- Place roast on top of onions.
- Mix 1 cup beef stock, 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp soya sauce, and 1/2 cup port, or sherry in 2 cup measuring cup.
- Drizzle a little of the liquid over onions.
- Keep adding small amounts of liquid to pan every 1/2 hour or so to keep onions moist but allow them to get carmelized.
- Roast @ 350F until internal temperature of 165F is reached.
- Remove meat from pan and tent with foil to allow juices to settle.
- Transfer pan drippings and onions to a sauce pan.
- Mix cornstarch with stock and add with port.
- Cook and stir till nicely thickened.
- Serve sauce over meat.
- Great on mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 594.7, Fat 32.6, SaturatedFat 11.2, Cholesterol 136.1, Sodium 1757.9, Carbohydrate 17.9, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 9.9, Protein 47.6
ROAST PORK WITH GARLIC ONION GRAVY
Pork roasted with Cajun seasoning and garlic cloves and cooked with Progresso® chicken broth makes a hearty fall dinner.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 325°F. Make 20 small, deep cuts in pork roast; insert garlic cloves in cuts. Tie roast with kitchen string, securing at 2-inch intervals. Rub Cajun seasoning over pork.
- In large heavy skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add pork; cook 2 minutes on all sides or until browned. Remove from skillet. Add onions and celery to skillet; cook over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Place onion mixture in ungreased roasting pan; top with pork. Add broth to pan. Cover loosely with heavy-duty foil.
- Roast about 2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted into center of pork reads 145°F. Remove pork from pan to platter; cover with foil and let stand at least 3 minutes.
- Pour pan drippings through strainer into 2-cup measuring cup. Discard solids. Add broth or water to measure 2 cups, if necessary. In 2-quart saucepan, mix flour and cold water with whisk. Stir in pan drippings. Cook over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Serve pork with gravy. Sprinkle with thyme sprigs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420, Carbohydrate 8 g, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 44 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 490 mg
PORK ROAST IN ONION GRAVY
This came from the Canadian Living Slow cooker recipe book. It is tasty and easy, and a way for me to get my onion hating dh to eat onions!
Provided by erings1
Yield 8-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Stick cloves into pork, sprinkle with pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat half the oil on medium -high and brown pork on all sides (10 mins).
- Move pork to the crock-pot. Pour off fat in pan.
- ONION GRAVY; heat the rest of the oil in the skillet, saute onions and cumin seeds until golden.
- Add stock, (wine), tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves and salt. Mix thoroughly, and bring to a boil. Scrape into crock pot.
- Cook on low until pork is tender - about 6 hours.
- Transfer pork to a plate, tent with foil.
- Skim off any fat from the gravy. Whisk cornstarch with water and stir into gravy. Increase heat to high and cook, covered until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves. If you would like a smoother gravy, use a stick mixer and give the gravy a wiz! Stir in the parsley (optional).
- Serve pork with gravy. Goes great with mashed potatoes!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 589.4, Fat 36.1, SaturatedFat 11.7, Cholesterol 137.9, Sodium 484.9, Carbohydrate 15.8, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 5.7, Protein 48.2
PORK ROAST WITH GRAVY
"I've been making this juicy pork roast and gravy for 40 years," says Jean Lowrey of Dubach, Louisiana. "Lower in fat and calories, it's one of my first choices to serve guests."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides. In a small bowl, combine wine, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and bouillon; pour over roast., Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 45-60 minutes or until pork is tender, basting occasionally with pan juices., Remove roast to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour drippings and loosened browned bits into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. Add enough water to measure 1-1/2 cups. Return to pan., Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 85mg cholesterol, Sodium 262mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
COUNTRY-STYLE PORK LOIN WITH GRAVY
This slow cooker recipe is a perfect end to the day. Serve mashed potatoes as a comforting side and the meal is complete!-Corina Flansberg, Carson City, Nevada
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut pork roast in half. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, onion powder and mustard. Add pork, one portion at a time, and shake to coat. , In a large skillet, brown pork in oil over medium-high heat on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour broth over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender. Remove pork and keep warm. , For gravy, strain cooking juices and skim fat; pour 2-1/2 cups cooking juices into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice pork; serve with gravy and mashed potatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
ROASTED LOIN OF PORK WITH PAN GRAVY
Juicy, tender pork covered in a pan gravy that is packed with flavor. Great to serve to guests! My mother-in-law who can't cook demanded I teach her how to make this! Substitute chicken stock for pork stock in the gravy, if you wish.
Provided by France C
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and stir in the black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, dry mustard powder, and garlic. Cook and stir until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- With a sharp knife, make several small slits in the pork roast. Place the roast into a roasting pan, and spread the spice mixture all over the roast and in the incisions. Surround the roast with celery, carrots, and onion, and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the pork roast is browned and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast reads at least 150 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 2 hours. About 15 minutes before the end of cooking, turn the oven temperature up to 425 to help brown the roast.
- Remove pork roast from oven, and allow to stand for about 10 minutes before slicing. Check temperature again; roast temperature should be at least 160 degrees F (75 degrees C) before serving.
- While roast is resting, place the roasting pan containing vegetables and pan drippings over a stove burner set to medium heat. Whisk in the flour, and simmer the drippings and flour for about 3 minutes to remove raw taste from flour. Whisk in the pork stock, a little at a time, until the gravy is thickened. Strain the gravy, and serve with the roast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8.3 g, Cholesterol 119.4 mg, Fat 17.1 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 39.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 200.3 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
BOTTOM ROUND ROAST WITH ONION GRAVY
This is the easiest roast recipe and requires little work for a lot of flavor. The vinegar sounds awful but it makes it really good. Its an easy main dish for busy moms!
Provided by Susan
Categories Main Dish Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place sliced onions in the bottom of a Dutch oven or stock pot. Season the roast with salt and pepper, and place on top of the onions. Add the vinegar and bay leaf to the pan, and heat over high heat to get it simmering. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 3 to 4 hours. Try not to take the lid off while cooking.
- When the roast is done, remove it from the pan to a serving platter. Mix the flour into the water, and pour into the drippings from the roast. Simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until thickened. Carve roast, and serve with the pan gravy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412.7 calories, Carbohydrate 11.3 g, Cholesterol 127 mg, Fat 22.5 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 39.3 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 167.5 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
More about "pork roast in onion gravy recipes"
ROAST PORK WITH CARAMELIZED ONION GRAVY - BEST RECIPE BOX
Ratings 24Calories 287 per servingCategory Main Course
- MAKE THE PORK LOIN: Heat a large oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil and then sear the pork loin on all sides until a crust forms, about 1 minute per side. Remove pork loin from the pan and set it aside. Coat the pork loin with dried herbs by patting it onto the loin.
- Turn off heat and remove pan from the heat. In same hot pan add butter, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Stir the sauce until the butter is completely melted. Place the pork loin back in the skillet and spoon some sauce over the pork loin.
- Cover the pork loin with foil and roast for 30 minutes. Remove foil, spoon some more sauce over the loin and cook for about another 30 minutes or until the interior temperature reaches about 140°F.
ROAST PORK WITH GARLIC-ONION GRAVY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 hrs 8 minsServings 8
- Preheat oven to 325°. Make 20 small, deep cuts in roast, and insert garlic pieces. Tie roast with kitchen string, securing at 2-inch intervals. Rub Cajun seasoning onto roast.
- Cook roast in hot oil in a large heavy skillet over high heat 2 minutes on all sides or until browned. Remove from skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Add onions and celery to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Place onion mixture in a roasting pan; top with roast. Add broth to pan. Cover loosely with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 325° for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 180° to 185°. Remove roast from pan; cover with foil, and let stand 20 minutes before slicing.
- Pour pan drippings through a wire-mesh strainer into a measuring cup to equal 2 cups, adding additional broth or water, if necessary. Discard solids.
ROAST PORK LOIN WITH ONION GRAVY RECIPE - PINTEREST
PORK LOIN ROAST WITH GRAVY | VALERIE'S KITCHEN
HOW TO COOK A PORK LOIN (GARLIC & HERB) - KYLEE COOKS
CROCK POT PORK ROAST AND GRAVY - THE EASIEST SLOW COOKER RECIPE!
PORK ROAST IN ONION GRAVY | CANADIAN LIVING
PORK CHOPS WITH ONION GRAVY RECIPE - NYT COOKING
BEST ONION GRAVY RECIPE - THE DARING GOURMET
SLOW-COOKER PORK ROAST IN ONION GRAVY | CANADIAN LIVING
ROASTED PORK LOIN WITH ONION GRAVY - PAULA DEEN MAGAZINE
10 BEST ROASTED PORK LOIN WITH GRAVY RECIPES | YUMMLY
DUTCH OVEN PORK ROAST & GRAVY ~ THE RECIPE BANDIT
PORK LOIN ROAST WITH CREAMY ONION GRAVY RECIPE - KETOGENIC.COM
PORK ROAST WITH CAROLINA GRAVY | SOUTHERN LIVING
LEFTOVER ROAST LAMB RECIPES UK - SOLAR-HEART.COM
PORK ROAST WITH ONION GRAVY - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ONION AND MUSTARD CRUSTED PORK LEG ROAST | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
SUNDAY PORK ROAST - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
BONELESS PORK ROAST WITH GRAVY (REVERSE SEAR)
PORK ROAST WITH GARLIC ONION GRAVY - FROM MY CAROLINA HOME
PORK ROAST WITH ONION GRAVY | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
PORK ROAST WITH GRAVY - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH CARAMELIZED ONION GRAVY RECIPE - SIDECHEF
ROAST PORK LOIN WITH ONION GRAVY RECIPE - BEST RECIPE BOX
PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST WITH APPLE, ONION AND GARLIC GRAVY
HOW TO MAKE PORK GRAVY HOMEMADE IN 10 MINUTES OR LESS
CLASSIC PORK LOIN ROAST WITH GRAVY - VIKALINKA
CROCK POT PORK LOIN ROAST - SUPER TENDER PORK W/ ONION GRAVY
PORK STEAKS WITH CREAMY ONION GRAVY - FARMHOUSE ON BOONE
10 BEST PORK ROAST WITH LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX RECIPES - YUMMLY
BAKED PORK CHOPS AND ONION GRAVY - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
SLOW COOKER ROAST PORK WITH ONION APPLE GRAVY (PALEO
ONE POT PORK ROAST WITH GRAVY & ONIONS - WEIGHT LOSS FOR WOMEN …
PORK ROAST WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CROCK POT PORK ROAST WITH GRAVY RECIPE - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
Roast Pork Loin with Onion Gravy9.7K views-01:44
Herbed Pork Roast with Mushroom Gravy in the Nuwave Oven878 views-06:51
How To Cook Pork Chops and Onion Gravy In Oven / Pork Chop Recipes1.4M views-09:01
Homemade Smothered Pork Chops and Gravy with Onions Recipe185 views-18:53
Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder on Stove Recipe w/ Onion Gravy & Mashed Pots3.8K views-08:54
Crock Pot Good Gravy Pork Roast8.1K views-14:02
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook pork loin with gravy?This Roasted Pork Loin with Onion Gravy is an impressive and tasty main dish. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a small bowl, stir together garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
How to cook a pork loin roast in the oven?Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a small bowl, stir together garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Rub mixture all over pork. In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
What is in roast pork gravy?This Roast Pork Gravy Recipe is thick, creamy, and full of flavor. It starts with simple seasoning on the pork, including garlic and thyme. When roasted, those flavors come out in the fantastic drippings. This homemade gravy is made with these drippings for rich deep flavor.
How do you cook pork tenderloin with onions and garlic?Transfer the pork to a board. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the onions into a bowl, remove the bay and sage and discard. Spoon the onions onto a serving platter, cover and keep warm. Strain the stock into a jug. Turn the oven up to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Lay a piece of foil on a baking sheet. Carefully remove the pork skin and place on the foil.