STUFFED PORK CHOP WITH THREE-ONION CHERRY JAM AND BUTTERED GREEN BEANS
- Preheat a grill pan or a cast iron pan over high heat. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the pork chops with vegetable oil and then season liberally with salt and pepper. In the hot pan, sear the pork on both sides until there is a golden brown crust or good sear marks from the grill. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the apples, Roquefort blue cheese, jalapeno peppers, and chives. Taste the mixture and season with salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Lay the pork chops on a cutting board with the meaty side facing you. Using a paring knife cut a pocket into the pork, about 3/4 of the way through and work it open gently with your finger to make a pocket. Dividing the stuffing evenly among the chops, stuff the pocket with the stuffing and put a toothpick through the opening to help keep the stuffing inside the pork. Bake the pork in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the internal temperature is 125 degrees F. Remove from the oven and hold covered loosely with foil to let carry over to 135 degrees F internal temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, combine the butter, shallots, and garlic. Turn on the heat to medium-high. Cook until the butter starts to turn brown. Add the blanched beans and toss until heated all the way through. Season the beans with salt, and pepper, to taste.
- On each plate, make a pile of beans, put the pork chop on top of the beans and top the chop with a good spoonful of the onion jam.
- To make the Three-Onion Cherry Jam:
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the yellow onion, red onion, and shallots to the pan and stir well. Season the onions with salt, and pepper, to taste.
- When the onions have cooked down and they are deepening in color, deglaze the pan with the red wine. Let the wine cook until reduced and absorbed by the onions. Cook the onions for about 5 minutes more, then add the cherry juice and red wine vinegar. Reduce the heat to medium-low heat, and let cook at a slow simmer. Add the thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf. Let the onions cook down until they start taking on a soft texture and the liquid is reduced and absorbed by the onions. Stir in 2 tablespoons brown sugar and honey. Cook, stirring occasionally until the liquid has reduced and the onions have absorbed most of the liquid, about 8 to 10 minutes. Taste the mixture and add more sugar if it is too tart. Test the consistency of the jam by drizzling a spoonful of it onto a plate and letting it cool. It should be thick and not runny. If it is too runny, simmer the mixture longer until more liquid is cooked out.
PORK WITH THREE PEPPERS
I like to cut the meat and vegetables ahead of time. Then this entree goes from the skillet to the table in no time.-Sheri La Fleche, New Bedford, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the pork, onions and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, peppers, tomato paste, salsa, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, stirring occasionally., Combine the flour and water until smooth; gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts :
SINGAPORE PORK AND ONION STIR-FRY (CHINESE)
A recipe from my mum, tweaked by me. I love this marinade - you can use it for chicken, and bee hoon (rice vermicelli). For the bee hoon, just prepare the pork first, then add in chopped veggies (cabbage, carrots). After soaking your bee hoon in hot water for 10 minutes, throw the lot in and fry. Add more oyster sauce (till the noodles are a light brown) and you're good to go! ***If you find the marinade too salty, just decrease all the sauce amounts. Proportions: [light soya sauce = oyster sauce] and [dark soya sauce = 2 x light soya sauce]
Provided by psychera
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Slice onions. Set aside.
- Slice pork against the grain into thin, matchbox-sized pieces.
- Place in large bowl. Marinate with sauces, sugar and sesame oil.
- Mix well. Leave for 15-60 minutes to marinate.
- Heat frying pan / wok with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Stir-fry onions on low fire, till soft and fragrant.
- Add pork. Stir 2 tablespoons of water in your marinade bowl and pour into pan (so there's more gravy).
- Cook over medium heat.
- Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.5, Fat 13.2, SaturatedFat 4.5, Cholesterol 63, Sodium 481.6, Carbohydrate 4.3, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 1.8, Protein 20.5
We live in a farming community, and one of our main crops is onion. When I competed in a cooking contest at the Idaho-Eastern Oregon Onion Festival, I was flabbergasted when I won the top three prizes. This was the first-place recipe. -Nell Cruse, Ontario, Oregon
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, cook onion and sugar in oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally., Place the pork in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion mixture., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191 calories, Fat 6g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 74mg cholesterol, Sodium 207mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED PORK WITH ONIONS AND CITRUS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with rack in lower third. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to soften, 4 minutes. Add orange and lime juices and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper, stir in oregano, and remove from heat.
- Pat pork dry with paper towels. Season generously with salt and pepper and place in a heavy-bottomed ovenproof pot (pork should fit snugly). Pour onion mixture on and around pork, leaving some on top. Roast, uncovered, 30 minutes. Remove pot from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Ladle onion and cooking juices over pork. Cook, uncovered, until cooked through (an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of pork should read 155 degrees), 1 1/2 hours, basting pork with onion and juices every 30 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing. To serve, skim fat from cooking juices and spoon sauce over sliced pork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507 g, Fat 23 g, Protein 59 g
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH APPLES AND ONIONS
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Trim all silver skin from tenderloins; pat dry using paper towels. Rub 1 teaspoon vegetable oil over the surface of each tenderloin and rub with sea salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, about 1 minute. Place tenderloins into the skillet and cook, rotating to brown all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer pork to a large plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to any drippings in the skillet. Cook apples and onions in the hot oil, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to turn translucent, about 5 minutes, adding a bit more oil if skillet gets dry.
- Meanwhile, spread Dijon mustard evenly over browned tenderloins using a pastry brush. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons thyme leaves over pork. Sprinkle remaining thyme over apple mixture and add black pepper; stir gently to combine. Nestle tenderloins into the skillet with apple mixture.
- Roast, uncovered, in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the tenderloins reads at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the oven and place pork onto a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest.
- Meanwhile, pour chicken stock into a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until reduced by 1/2, 8 to 10 minutes. Add to the skillet containing apple mixture.
- Heat over medium-high heat until boiling, about 5 minutes; stir in butter until melted. Slice pork and serve over apple mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.1 calories, Carbohydrate 12.8 g, Cholesterol 103.5 mg, Fat 12.9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 36 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 562.7 mg, Sugar 8.8 g
EASY ONE-PAN PORK TENDERLOIN DINNER WITH APPLES AND ONION RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: canola oil, boneless pork tenderloin, salt, freshly ground black pepper, canola oil, large red onion, garlic, medium apples, hard cider
Provided by Scott Loitsch
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pat the pork tenderloin dry and generously season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, until the oil is shimmering and just starting to smoke.
- Place pork in the hot skillet and sear until well browned, about 1½-2 minutes. Flip and repeat searing on all sides.
- Remove the pork from the skillet and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet.
- Add the onion to hot skillet and toss to coat in the oil. Add the garlic and apples and cook until the apples and onion begin to soften.
- Pour the cider over apples and onion and bring to a simmer.
- Return the pork to the skillet, on top of the apple and onion mixture. Spoon the cooking liquid over the pork and transfer the entire skillet to the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145˚F (62˚C.)
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve the sliced pork over a bed of the apples and onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 624 calories, Carbohydrate 25 grams, Fat 29 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 59 grams, Sugar 16 grams
PORK WITH THREE ONIONS
We love onions, so I thought I'd give this recipe a try -- marinating in the teriyaki gives the pork a great taste that goes well with the onions. I serve it with rice and a green vegetable.
Provided by TasteTester
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine teriyaki sauce and garlic in a shallow bowl. Cut pork across the grain into 1/4-inch slices; cut each slice in half. Toss pork with teriyaki mixture. Marinate at room temperature 15-20 minutes.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; heat until hot. Drain pork; reserve marinade. Stir-fry pork 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet; add red and yellow onions. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 6-7 minutes until onions are softened, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with sugar; cook 1 minute more.
- Blend reserved marinade into cornstarch in cup until smooth. Stir into skillet. Stir-fry 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Return pork along with any accumulated juices to skillet; heat through. Stir in greens onions and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.5, Fat 11.4, SaturatedFat 2.7, Cholesterol 56.1, Sodium 963.4, Carbohydrate 10.3, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 5.9, Protein 19.5
More about "pork with three onions recipes"
BRAISED PORK CHEEKS WITH THREE-ONION RAGOûT RECIPE
PORK TENDERLOIN WITH SPRING ONIONS » RECIPE » ZOUS CHEF
PORK CHOPS & 3-ONION SAUCE | KNORR US
JUICY PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES AND ONIONS | EASY DINNER RECIPES
PORK WITH THREE ONIONS - PLAIN.RECIPES
BRAISED PORK RICE WITH ONION RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
BRAISED PORK WITH BACON AND ONIONS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
PORK APPLE AND ONION RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
21 PORK CHOP WITH ONION RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
COOKING WITH GAIL: PORK WITH THREE ONIONS
PORK WITH THREE ONIONS RECIPE BY HEALTHYCOOKING | IFOOD.TV
PORK CHOPS WITH ONIONS – RECIPES FOR THE COOK
COCOA AND SPICE SLOW-ROASTED PORK WITH ONIONS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3-INGREDIENT PORK RECIPES FOR NEARLY-EFFORTLESS MEALS
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES, POTATOES & ONIONS RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
BRAISED PORK CHEEKS WITH THREE-ONION RAGOûT RECIPE
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES AND ONION | JERNEJ KITCHEN
PORK HEARTS WITH ONIONS - 3 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
ONE-PAN JUICY PORK CHOPS WITH ONIONS AND APPLES RECIPE | SIDECHEF
MANY ONIONS PORK SHOULDER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
PORK CHOP WITH ONIONS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BRAISED PORK SHOULDER WITH ONIONS - RICARDO
MUSTARDY PORK TENDERLOIN WITH GRAPES & RED ONIONS RECIPE
21 PAN FRIED PORK CHOPS WITH ONIONS RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
15 EASY CARAMELIZED ONION PORK CHOPS RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
15 PORK CHOPS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE
PORK LOIN ONION SOUP RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
OVEN-BRAISED PORK CHOPS WITH RED ONION & PEAR | TLN
ROAST PORK WITH GARLIC-ONION GRAVY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SCHOOL OF WOK: THREE FAST, FURIOUS AND FRESH RECIPES FROM JEREMY …
PORK AND PEAS WITH ONIONS - 34 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
FRIED PORK WITH GREEN ONIONS RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
21 SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS AND GRAVY RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
15 RECIPES FOR GREAT PORK CHOPS WITH ONIONS
PORK CHOPS WITH FRENCH ONION GRAVY | RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
PORK WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS RECIPE - KINGRECIPES.COM
PORK CHOPS ONIONS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
EASY PORK CHOPS WITH ONION RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST GROUND BEEF GROUND PORK RECIPES | YUMMLY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #pork #asian #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #pork-loins
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook pork tenderloin with onions and garlic?In a large skillet, cook onion and sugar in oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place the pork in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or...
How to cook pork chops with onions?Slice onions. Set aside. Slice pork against the grain into thin, matchbox-sized pieces. Place in large bowl. Marinate with sauces, sugar and sesame oil. Mix well. Leave for 15-60 minutes to marinate. Heat frying pan / wok with 2 tablespoons of oil. Stir-fry onions on low fire, till soft and fragrant.
How long to cook pork roast with onions and onions?Roast pork and onions until onions are deep brown, stirring occasionally, about 3 hours. Transfer onions from pan to medium bowl. Continue to roast pork until very tender and thermometer inserted into center registers 165°F, about 2 1/2 hours longer.
How to cook a pork loin roast in the oven?Directions In a large skillet, cook onion and sugar in oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place the pork in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.