POT ROAST JARDINIERE
- Rub roast with salt and pepper. Brown roast in hot oil over medium heat in Dutch oven.
- Add broth; bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables and rosemary to Dutch oven. Cover and cook 1 more hour or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove roast and vegetables with a slotted spoon to a serving platter, reserving liquid in pan.
- Whisk together flour and water until smooth. Whisk into reserved liquid in Dutch oven; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Serve gravy with roast and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 502.2, Fat 16.5, SaturatedFat 6.6, Cholesterol 149.7, Sodium 855.9, Carbohydrate 36.9, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 4.6, Protein 52.9
PERFECT POT ROAST
Feed your family with Ree Drummond's Perfect Pot Roast recipe from Food Network. Fresh rosemary and thyme add rich, herbal resonance to this hearty roast.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast.
- Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them on both sides. Remove the onions to a plate.
- Throw the carrots into the same very hot pot and toss them around a bit until slightly browned, about a minute or so. Reserve the carrots with the onions.
- If needed, add a bit more olive oil to the very hot pot. Place the meat in the pot and sear it for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast to a plate.
- With the burner still on high, use either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) to deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom with a whisk. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway.
- Add in the onions and the carrots, along with the fresh herbs.
- Put the lid on, then roast for 3 hours for a 3-pound roast. For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours. The roast is ready when it's fall-apart tender.
POT ROAST WITH VEGETABLES
This recipe is my personal favorite for pot roast. It tenderizes the toughest meats and produces a wonderful, flavorful gravy. It's best when cooked in a cast-iron Dutch oven. This is a whole meal in one pot, my favorite kind of meal.
Provided by judy2304
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, heavy pot or cast-iron Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown chuck roast in the hot oil completely, 5 to 8 minutes per side; season with salt and black pepper and transfer to a platter. Reserve oil in pot.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in the oil until onions are golden, about 15 minutes. Stir beef stock, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, and bay leaves into onions and garlic; bring to a boil and place chuck roast into the mixture. Cover pot.
- Cook in the preheated oven until meat is very tender, 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Scatter carrot slices around the beef and bring to a boil over medium heat; return to oven for 30 more minutes. Distribute potatoes around the beef and vegetables, bring to a boil again over medium heat, and bake until potatoes are tender, about 30 more minutes.
- Transfer beef to a serving platter, cover loosely with a tent of aluminum foil, and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Stir mushrooms into pan drippings; bring to a simmer over low heat. Whisk cornstarch into cold water in a small bowl and stir into the drippings. Season with celery salt, basil, and thyme. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves. Slice beef; serve on a platter surrounded by vegetables. Pour gravy over beef.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 567.2 calories, Carbohydrate 30.3 g, Cholesterol 120.3 mg, Fat 32.8 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 35.9 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 450.7 mg, Sugar 10.4 g
Perfect for pot roast recipes, inexpensive chuck is one of the most flavorful cuts of beef. Simmering it slowly and gently in the oven results in a wonderfully tender pot roast. Vegetables like onions and potatoes give the pot roast recipe even more comforting flavors.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle roast all over with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place in pan, and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Turn meat fat side up. Add stock, wine, if using, onions, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme. Stir in tomato paste. Bring to a simmer, cover; put in the oven, and roast for 3 hours. Add carrots and potatoes, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 1 hour more.
- Transfer the roast, carrots, and potatoes to a platter. With a spoon, skim the fat off the surface of the cooking liquid. Cut the roast into thick slices, and serve with the vegetables. Pass the pan juices separately.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Place roast in a large baking pan; arrange potatoes, onion, carrots, and celery around roast. Pour 3 cups water into baking pan. Season roast with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until roast is browned and cooked through, about 3 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the roast should read 145 degrees F (65 degrees C). Transfer roast to an oven-safe platter. Remove vegetables using a slotted spoon and arrange around roast.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Place platter with roast and vegetables in the oven to keep warm.
- Pour the remaining juices from the baking pan into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir 1/2 cup water and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth; pour into boiling pan juices. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, until gravy is thick, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Stir in browning sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507.7 calories, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fat 23.9 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 31.3 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 200.5 mg, Sugar 4.9 g
ULTIMATE POT ROAST
Dutch oven pot roast recipes are the ultimate comfort food. When juicy pot roast simmers in garlic, onions and veggies, everyone comes running to ask, "When can we eat?" The answer? Just wait-it will be worth it. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 325°. Pat roast dry with a paper towel; tie at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Sprinkle roast with pepper and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides. Remove from pan., Add onions, celery and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the same pan; cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until onions are browned. Add garlic, tomato paste, thyme and bay leaves; cook and stir 1 minute longer., Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; stir in broth. Return roast to pan. Arrange potatoes, parsnips and carrots around roast; bring to a boil. Bake, covered, until meat is fork-tender, 2-2-1/2 hours., Remove roast and vegetables from pan; keep warm. Discard bay leaves; skim fat from cooking juices. On stovetop, bring juices to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half (about 1-1/2 cups), 10-12 minutes. Stir in vinegar and parsley; season with salt and pepper to taste., Remove string from roast. Serve with vegetables and sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459 calories, Fat 20g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 112mg cholesterol, Sodium 824mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 37g protein.
More about "pot roast jardiniere recipes"
BEEF POT-ROAST JARDINIERE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
Servings 20Calories 216 per serving
YANKEE POT ROAST, JARDINIERE - : WHATS ON THE MENU?
CLASSIC POT ROAST WITH POTATOES AND CARROTS - TARA TEASPOON
CHICKEN JARDINIèRE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TENDER SLOW COOKER POT ROAST - THERESCIPES.INFO
CALORIES IN BEEF POT-ROAST JARDINIERE - SPARKRECIPES
THOMAS KELLER: TOASTED VEGETABLE JARDINIERE - GOURMET TRAVELLER
CHICKEN JARDINIERE - THE SPLENDID TABLE
POT ROAST JARDINIERE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | JARDINIERE RECIPE ...
VEGETABLE JARDINIèRE - ONLINE CULINARY SCHOOL (OCS)
BEEF JARDINIERE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
POT ROAST JARDINIERE RECIPE BY WORLD.CHEF | IFOOD.TV
POT ROAST JARDINIERE RECIPE BY FOOD.MASTER | IFOOD.TV
POT ROAST JARDINIERE | EATS & RECIPES
BEEF POT-ROAST JARDINIERE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASY CHICKEN STEW - FOOD FUN & FARAWAY PLACES
ONE POT CHICKEN JARDINIERE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
ROAST BEEF JARDINIERE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
JARDINIERE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
POT ROAST - CHEF JEAN PIERRE
CROCK POT ROAST BEEF WITH GIARDINERA - PROUD ITALIAN COOK
COOK COUNTRY ONE POT CHICKEN JARDINIERE RECIPE
POTAGE JARDINIERE | CANADIAN GOODNESS
PERFECT POT ROAST - SPEND WITH PENNIES
COCA-COLA POT ROAST RECIPE (FOR A SLOW COOKER)
POT-ROAST RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CARNIVORE DIET POT ROAST RECIPE | GRASS FED GIRL
BEST POT ROAST RECIPE - PIONEER WOMAN POT ROAST
POT ROAST JARDINIERE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
CLASSIC SUNDAY POT ROAST - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
JARDINIèRE SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ONE POT CHICKEN JARDINIERE COOK'S COUNTRY
ONE-POT CHICKEN JARDINIèRE - COOK'S COUNTRY
CLASSIC POT ROAST WITH VEGETABLES - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
ONE-POT CHICKEN JARDINIèRE | COOK'S COUNTRY
SLOW COOKER ITALIAN BEEF | HOMEMADE GIARDINIERA
OLD FASHIONED POT ROAST RECIPE - GRANNY'S IN THE KITCHEN
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #healthy #main-dish #beef #vegetables #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #roast-beef #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love