HAM & CHEESE STUFFED POTATOES
These hearty potatoes are fully loaded. They can be changed up a zillion different ways, but this is my favorite, featuring three kinds of cheese plus cream cheese and cottage cheese. -Kathleen Gill, Pahrump, Nevada
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell., In a large skillet, saute the ham, onion, celery and red pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Set aside. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in the ham mixture, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese. Spoon into potato shells., Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 578 calories, Fat 21g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 61mg cholesterol, Sodium 1034mg sodium, Carbohydrate 74g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
STUFFED TWICE-BAKED POTATOES WITH HAM, MUSHROOMS, AND GRUYERE CHEESE
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a cutting board. With the tip of a small, sharp knife, score a lid shape on the top of each potato about a third of the way down, cutting in about 1/8 inch all the way around.
- Spread a 1/4-inch-thick bed of rock salt on a baking tray. Place the potatoes on the bed of rock salt. Bake the potatoes until tender enough to be pierced easily with a wooden skewer, about 45 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and leave them for a few minutes to cool slightly. Leave the oven on.
- Heat a saute pan over high heat. Add the olive oil and, as soon as it swirls easily, add the butter. When the butter foams, add the ham and mushrooms and saute until they are hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the ham and mushrooms to a small mixing bowl.
- Using a small, sharp knife, and protecting your hand from the heat with a folded kitchen towel, carefully cut off the lids from the still-hot baked potatoes, following the scoring marks. With a sharp-edged tablespoon, scoop the flesh from the potatoes, including the lids, leaving a wall about 1/4-inch thick, and transferring the scooped-out flesh to a large mixing bowl. Return the potato shells and lids to the bed of rock salt. Put the tray back in the hot oven, leaving the oven door open, to keep the potato shells and lids warm.
- With a potato masher, mash the potatoes. Season the mixture, to taste, with salt and generously with pepper. Add the creme fraiche or sour cream and the butter and mash to combine them with the potatoes. Stir in the ham, mushrooms, and 2 ounces of the cheese.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn the temperature up to 500 degrees F.
- Carefully spoon the mashed potato mixture back into each potato shell. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the filling on each potato. Leave the lids unfilled, placing them around the side of the tray.
- Return the tray to the oven and continue baking the potatoes until they are heated through and the cheese has melted, 7 to 10 minutes. If the cheese has not browned, turn on the broiler and broil the potatoes briefly, keeping a close eye on them to prevent burning.
- Using tongs, transfer the potatoes to a heated serving platter or individual plates. Place the lids on top of the potatoes at an angle, inserting 1 end partway into the filling to secure them.
POTATOES STUFFED WITH HAM AND GRUYERE
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Pierce the potatoes with fork and arrange in a circle in microwave oven.
- Cover with damp paper towels.
- Microwave potatoes at high 12 minutes or until done.
- Rearrange after 6 minutes.
- Let stand 2 minutes.
- Split open, lengthwise in half, scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Reserve shells, set aside pulp.
- Heat butter in a small fry pan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add milk; bring to a simmer.
- Pour milk mixture over potato pulp.
- Add 1/4 cup cheese, ham and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Stuff shells with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Recipe can easily be doubled.
STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, THYME, AND GRUYERE
- Rub potatoes with a drizzle of oil and pierce skins with the tines of a fork. Microwave on high 12 minutes or until tender.
- While the potatoes cook in the microwave, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and saute chopped shallots 2 to 3 minutes or until bits are just tender. Set aside.
- Cool potatoes for 5 minutes, split potatoes down the center, and scrape flesh into a bowl. Set skins aside on a non-stick baking sheet. Preheat broiler to high with oven rack 6-inches from the heat source.
- To the cooked potato in the mixing bowl, add shallots, ham strips, grated cheese, butter, milk or half-and-half, thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Mash mixture with a potato masher or dinner fork until mixture is combined, but not entirely lump-free.
- Scoop mixture in even amounts into skins and broil 2 or 3 minutes to lightly brown stuffed potatoes on top. Serve the halves of stuffed potatoes with salad, dark bread, and butter.
- Serving suggestions: .
BREAKFAST CROISSANTS STUFFED WITH HAM AND GRUYERE
A quick grab-and-go breakfast timesaver and a great use of leftover ham. This recipe makes a week's worth of meals that can be frozen. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight then reheat on medium to low power (40% power) for approximately 45 seconds.
Provided by B. Tario
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Unroll crescent dough and separate individual rolls at perforations. Place 1 piece of ham and 1 tablespoon of Gruyere cheese in the center of each triangle. Fold over the 2 longer sides of the triangle, overlapping them to seal ham and cheese.
- Arrange crescents 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Wrap crescents individually with wax paper and place into a large resealable bag. Place in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 252.5 calories, Carbohydrate 16.7 g, Cholesterol 22.7 mg, Fat 15 g, Protein 10.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 749.7 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
More about "potatoes stuffed with ham and gruyere recipes"
HAM AND GRUYèRE-STUFFED POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (4)Calories 358 per servingServings 4
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork, and arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven. Cover potatoes with damp paper towels. Microwave potatoes at high 12 minutes or until done, rearranging after 6 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes. Split open potatoes; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Reserve shells; set pulp aside.
- Heat butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add milk; bring to a simmer. Pour milk mixture over potato pulp. Add 1/4 cup cheese, ham, and remaining ingredients, mixing well. Stuff shells with potato mixture. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup cheese. Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
BAKED POTATO STUFFED WITH HAM AND MELTED GRUYèRE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
21 POTATO SIDE DISHES FOR EASTER HAM - ALLRECIPES
HAM AND CHEESE STUFFED POTATOES FROM LANA'S COOKING
STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, THYME, AND GRUYERE | CHRONICLES OF …
HAM AND GRUYERE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST | MARIN MAMA COOKS
STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, THYME AND GRUYERE RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
POTATOES STUFFED WITH HAM AND GRUYERE | RECIPES, ROASTED HAM, …
WEIGHT WATCHERS POTATOES STUFFED WITH HAM AND GRUYERE CHEESE
HAM AND GRUYERE STUFFED POTATOES RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
POTATOES STUFFED WITH HAM AND GRUYERE - CHAMPSDIET.COM
STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, THYME, AND GRUYERE - LUNCH RECIPES
STUFFED TWICE-BAKED POTATOES WITH HAM, MUSHROOMS, AND GRUYERE …
CHEESY HAM AND POTATO STACKS - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, THYME, AND GRUYERE - MASTERCOOK
RECIPE(TRIED): STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, THYME, AND GRUYERE ...
STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, THYME, AND GRUYERE RECIPE
HAM AND GRUYèRE POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HAM AND CHEESE POTATO BITES - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, THYME, AND GRUYèRE RECIPE | EAT YOUR …
HAM, MUSHROOM, AND CHEESE BAKED POTATOES - RECIPES.NET
BAKED POTATOES STUFFED WITH HAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BAKED POTATO STUFFED WITH HAM AND MELTED GRUYèRE RECIPE | EAT …
BREAKFAST CROISSANTS STUFFED WITH HAM AND GRUYERE - HAM
HAM AND GRUYèRE-STUFFED POTATOES - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, THYME, AND GRUYERE RECIPE - COOKING …
FRITTATAS RECIPE HAM AND CHEESE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, THYME AND GRUYERE | RECIPES, FOOD, PORK
CHEESY HAM 'N POTATO GRATIN - BASILMOMMA
RECIPE STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, MUSHROOMS, & GRUYERE
POTATOES STUFFED WITH HAM AND GRUYERE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, THYME, AND GRUYERE – RECIPES NETWORK
POTATO GALETTE WITH GRUYERE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
TWICE-BAKED STUFFED POTATOES WITH HAM, PEAS, AND GRUYERE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #lunch #main-dish #pork #potatoes #vegetables #american #canadian #oven #easy #microwave #roast #dinner-party #fall #holiday-event #kid-friendly #winter #dietary #one-dish-meal #new-years #low-sodium #seasonal #comfort-food #pacific-northwest #low-in-something #meat #taste-mood #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook with Gruyére cheese?Chop up a few slices of thick-cut deli ham and stuff it into the potato, then top with about 2 tablespoons of shredded Gruyére. Cook the potato under the broiler to melt the cheese, 1 to 2 minutes.
How do you make a potato salad with mushrooms?Use a fork to mash the potato flesh. Stir in the mushroom mixture, ham, sour cream, parmesan and 1/2 cup (60g) gruyère or Swiss cheese. Season. Spoon the mushroom mixture into the potato skins. Spoon any leftover filling over the potato tops. Sprinkle with the remaining gruyère or Swiss cheese. Bake for 10-15 mins or until the cheese melts.
What to stuff a baked potato with?Inspired by the decadent croque-monsieur sandwich, this meal-worthy baked potato is stuffed with ham and a thick topping of Gruyère cheese that’s melted to perfection after a minute under the broiler. Before you can stuff your potato with this glorious filling, you’ve got to cook it. There are options aplenty, so choose what works best for you.
How to bake potatoes with thyme stems?Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Strip leaves from thyme sprigs and finely chop (reserve the stems). Place thyme stems on a large baking tray with the potatoes. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Use a small sharp knife to pierce each potato.