SPECIAL SEAFOOD CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, saute scallops, onion and celery in butter until scallops are firm and opaque. Stir in flour until blended. Add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheddar cheese, sherry, salt and cayenne, stirring until cheese is melted. Remove from heat; set aside., In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer the shrimp, crab, artichokes and water chestnuts. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with almonds and Parmesan cheese. , Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 518 calories, Fat 30g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 236mg cholesterol, Sodium 894mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 38g protein.
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE AS MADE BY BETSY'S GAMMY RECIPE BY TASTY
Take your taste buds on a trip to the East Coast with this creamy casserole from Betsy's grandmother. Get creative by using your favorite seafood, but if you decide to stick with shrimp and scallops, keep an eye on them, as they cook quickly. For extra crunch, don't over-pulse the bread crumbs. Serve the casserole with a light salad and watch as your guests gush over what's sure to be your new summer staple.
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Spread the bread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Let cool to room temperature. Leave the oven on.
- Add the toasted bread to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. You should have about 4 cups (460 G) of bread crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, the cheddar cheese, and 1 teaspoon of salt and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, combine 4 cups (960 ml) of white wine and a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until bright pink, about 1 minute. Use a spider or slotted spoon to transfer the shrimp to a colander to drain.
- Return the wine to a boil. Add the scallops and cook until just opaque, about 2 minutes. Transfer the scallops to a colander to drain.
- Chop the shrimp and scallops into bite-size pieces. Transfer to large bowl, along with the crab and 1 teaspoon of salt. Toss to combine.
- In a liquid measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, 3 tablespoons of melted butter, the flour, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, lemon juice, ketchup, remaining tablespoon of white wine, and remaining teaspoon of salt.
- Brush the remaining tablespoon of melted butter in a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish.
- Scatter the artichokes in an even layer over the bottom of the baking dish. Scoop the seafood mixture over the artichokes. Pour the sauce over the seafood. Top with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake the casserole for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown.
- Top with chives and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 842 calories, Carbohydrate 61 grams, Fat 40 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 52 grams, Sugar 6 grams
SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS IN GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
- In a large saute pan, heat 1/4 cup oil and cook garlic and shallot until translucent, about 2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the wine, and add parsley, basil and thyme and let the liquid reduce by half. Using a fine strainer, strain the reduction into a clean saucepan and add the cream. Over low heat, let the sauce reduce to medium thickness. To the now empty saute pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, saute scallops, cook until opaque and remove to a utility platter in a warm place. Then use the same pan to saute shrimp just until pink, and remove to the utility platter. Add cream sauce to saute pan to toss the drained pasta or rice with the cream sauce and seafood, reserving a few scallops and shrimp for the top. Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with cheese, as garnish. Arrange shrimp and scallops on top and garnish with basil sprigs.
SPICY SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS PASTA CASSEROLE
Have not had the chance to try this yet, but this is my kind of dish. Can be prepared ahead and baked at dinner time. Sounds wonderful!
Provided by Marie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- Heat oil in saucepan, add onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sauce, salt, red pepper, black pepper and basil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Cook Penne pasta for 9 minutes, drain and add to prepared baking dish.
- In separate saucepan, melt butter, add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add scallops and cook for 30 seconds, just to coat.
- Spoon seafood over noodles and top with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees, then uncover and bake for 10 minutes more.
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP CASSEROLE
- Rinse scallops with cold water. Devein and butterfly shrimps. In a large bowl mix crushed cracker crumbs, celery, garlic powder, and melted butter.
- In a well-buttered casserole pan layer shrimp and scallops then top with cracker mixture. Dot top with butter.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
PRAWN & SCALLOP CASSEROLE
Very tasty dish if I do say so myself. It goes well with a green salad and crusty bread. It is handy because you can do it ahead or have it in your freezer. With a mixture of prawns & scallops how can you go wrong? It is quick & easy. You can make this casserole a day before, refrigerate it or freeze it then do the baking just before your dinner party or luncheon.
Provided by Bergy
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook the noodles drain& set aside.
- In a frypan saute the garlic,mushrooms& onions until just soft.
- Mix all the ingredients (except Cheese& bread crumbs).
- Gently mix in the noodles.
- Put in buttered oven proof dish.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese and crumbs on top and return to oven until the cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 515.9, Fat 14.4, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 134.1, Sodium 1242.9, Carbohydrate 66.3, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 5.7, Protein 29.7
People also searched
More about "prawn scallop casserole recipes"
SEAFOOD PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS (AND GARLIC ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Next, put a large pot of well salted water on to boil for the pasta. Once the pasta goes in, set a timer for 7 minutes before the pasta will be ready (according to package instructions.)
- Make sure the scallops are dry. If they are not, pat them dry with a paper towel. When the timer goes off, put a large cast iron pan on high heat and add the extra virgin olive oil.
AN EASY SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE EVERYONE WILL LOVE
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
CREAMY TUSCAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS | THE BLOND COOK
5/5 Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook scallops first – Cook scallops on each side for approximately 2-1/2 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add more olive oil to the skillet if necessary and cook shrimp – Cook for about 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides. Transfer to the plate with the cooked scallops and set aside.
LOW-CARB BAKED SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE - SIMPLY SO HEALTHY
5/5 Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Preheat oven to 400º Fahrenheit. In a large, heavy saucepan, stir together dry white wine, water, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay. Bring poaching mixture to a simmer over medium high heat. Turn heat to low, and simmer, uncovered for about 3 minutes.
- Over medium heat, melt remaining tablespoon of butter in the same saucepan or Dutch oven used to cook the vegetables, without cleaning. Stir in the xanthan gum.
- Place almond flour, parmesan cheese, 2 teaspoons Old Bay, and 1 tablespoon butter in a food processor. Pulse until completely blended. Sprinkle mixture on top of the casserole. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until top is crisp and brown.
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE WITH SHRIMP AND CRABMEAT
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
10 BEST SEAFOOD CASSEROLE SCALLOPS SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
CREAMY SHRIMP-AND-SCALLOPS CASSEROLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 9 minsServings 8Published 2001-12-10
- Cut phyllo sheets into 13- x 9-inch rectangles; reserve half of phyllo sheets, keeping covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out. Stack remaining 8 sheets in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish, lightly coating each sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté 2 minutes. Add shrimp and scallops; cook 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, whisking constantly; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add 2 cups half-and-half; cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Stack reserved phyllo sheets, coating each sheet with cooking spray. Roll up, jellyroll fashion, starting at long end, and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
SIMPLE SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - MARIA'S MIXING BOWL SIMPLE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
SCALLOP GRATIN - EASY COMFORT FOOD RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a large bowl whisk together the cream cheese, white wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, tarragon, Parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper (if using).
SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS MORNAY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Published 2003-10-17Servings 10
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; add shallots, and sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to high. Add mushrooms and lemon juice, and cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are just tender.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in Dutch oven over medium heat; add shrimp, and saute 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Add to mushroom mixture.
- Bring scallops and half-and-half to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- Melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter in Dutch oven over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add half-and-half mixture; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Spoon into 10 lightly greased shell-shaped baking dishes or individual serving bowls, and sprinkle evenly with shredded Swiss cheese. Place on 2 (15- x 10-inch) jellyroll pans.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 8 minutes or until Swiss cheese is golden and mixture is bubbly. Serve immediately.
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE - THE MIDNIGHT BAKER
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Cut haddock into about 1 1/2 in chunks and lay in pan. Add shrimp and scallops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
BAKED SHRIMP SCALLOP CASSEROLE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
- BAKED SEAFOOD CASSEROLE. In 12-inch diameter round x ... alternate rings of shrimp (deveined and split) and scallops. Sprinkle seasoning over seafood. ...
- BAKED SEAFOOD SALAD (CASSEROLE) Saute: 1/3 c. finely chopped ... in buttered dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 ... back in oven for 10 more minutes until brown.
- SHRIMP AND SCALLOP CASSEROLE. Melt butter, add crushed crackers, ... mix well. Add shrimp and scallops, and mix. Spread into baking casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 35 ...
- SEAFOOD CASSEROLE. Best with fresh seafood, but ... used. 1 lb. scallops 1 lb. mushrooms Melt butter ... boiling water over shrimp, drain and peel. Rinse ...
- SHRIMP AND SCALLOP CASSEROLE. Marinate seafood in soy sauce ... in a shallow casserole or baking dish. Top with ... mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- SCALLOP CASSEROLE. In greased casserole, place a layer of cracker crumbs, then scallops and lobster or fish. Mix ... seafood until moistened. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 ...
- SEAFOOD CASSEROLE. Cook macaroni; drain and set ... of the seafood casserole can be frozen for another time. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- SEAFOOD CASSEROLE. Add milk gradually until well ... put in a casserole dish and bake until top is browned slightly ... plastic wrap very tightly. Thaw before baking.
- FISH CASSEROLE. Cut up fish or scallops. Place in a small casserole dish and cover with soup. Bake in a preheated 350 degree ... until lightly browned. Serves 5.
- PASTA SEAFOOD CASSEROLE. Preheat oven to 450°F. In ... 10-15 minutes. Add scallops, shrimp and brandy; combine with pasta. ... Tightly cover and bake 20 minutes or until hot ...
10 EASY SEAFOOD CASSEROLES FOR QUICK DINNERS | DISH ON FISH
Published 2019-02-17 See details »
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
BAKED SHRIMP & SCALLOPS CASSEROLE RECIPE : EXCEPTIONAL ...
See details »
PRAWN SCALLOP CASSEROLE - TFRECIPES.COM
See details »
SEAFOOD CASSEROLE RECIPE - SHRIMP CASSEROLE RECIPE
See details »
10 BEST SHRIMP SCALLOP CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
SHRIMP CASSEROLE | CANADIAN LIVING
See details »
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
See details »
SHRIMP CASSEROLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
SHRIMP SCALLOPS AND CRABMEAT CASSEROLE RECIPES WITH ...
See details »
You'll also love