- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. To make the profiteroles, put the butter and 2 tsp of the caster sugar in a saucepan with 150ml water. Place the pan over a low heat until the butter and sugar have melted, then bring to the boil. Take off the heat, add the flour all at once and beat energetically with a wooden spoon until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan.
- Leave to cool for 5 mins, then beat in the eggs bit by bit until you have a stiff, glossy mixture (this process is much easier in a food processor). Rinse two baking trays with cold water, shaking off any excess so they are slightly damp (this helps the pastry to rise). Using 2 teaspoons, spoon blobs of the mixture onto the baking trays. Then place in the oven and cook for about 18-20 mins until well risen and brown. Remove the profiteroles from the oven and cut a small slit in the base of each one so they don't collapse. Cool on a wire rack.
- When they're cold, whip the cream lightly until just holding its shape. Sweeten to taste with remaining sugar and a few drops of vanilla extract. Cut the profiteroles in half, fill them with the sweetened cream and pile them up on a plate. You can refrigerate them for 1-2 hrs at this point but not for any longer as the pastry will go soggy.
- To make the sauce, sift the cocoa powder into a bowl. Put the sugar in a pan with 100ml water and warm over a low heat until dissolved. Bring to the boil, cook for 1 min, then pour over the cocoa powder and stir well until smooth. Return the sauce to the pan, cook for 1 min then set aside for 15 mins before drizzling over the profiteroles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 564 calories, Fat 39 grams fat, SaturatedFat 21 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 51 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 38 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
RASPBERRY, WHITE CHOCOLATE & PISTACHIO PROFITEROLES
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. To make the choux pastry, sift the flour onto a large sheet of baking parchment. This will stop lumps of flour forming in the dough. Put the butter, milk, water, sugar and salt in a pan, and heat gently until the butter has completely melted. Only once the butter has melted, increase the heat and bring the liquid to the boil. When bubbling, remove quickly from the heat and tip in the flour all at once. Immediately beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a dough that leaves the side of the pan clean. Return to a low heat, stirring, for 1 min. Remove from the heat. Cool for 3 mins. Gradually add the beaten egg to the dough, beating well between each addition, until the dough is smooth and glossy.
- Line a large flat baking sheet with baking parchment. Pipe or spoon about 24 balls of dough over the baking sheet, allowing space between each for rising. Bake for 20-25 mins until the profiteroles are puffed and golden. Remove the profiteroles from the oven and quickly poke a hole in the bottom of each to let out the steam, then return to the oven for 5 mins. Cool on a wire rack.
- If using frozen raspberries for the filling, defrost in the microwave on Low for 4-5 mins. Tip the raspberries, icing sugar and lemon juice into a food processor or mini blender and blitz until smooth. Press through a sieve into a bowl.
- Whip the cream until stiff, then fold in 4 tbsp of the raspberry sauce. Spoon the filling into a piping bag fitted with a nozzle a little smaller than the holes you made in the profiteroles. Or use a plastic food bag and snip off the tip of a corner. Poke into each hole in turn, and pipe in the filling until full. The profiteroles should be fully cool before you do this.
- Break up the chocolate into a small bowl, then either melt in the microwave on Low for 1½-2 mins, stirring halfway through, or over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool briefly until slightly thickened.
- Carefully spoon the melted chocolate over each filled profiterole and sprinkle with pistachios. Leave to set. To serve, drizzle the remaining raspberry sauce over 6 serving plates and top each with 4 profiteroles, or simply serve the sauce in a bowl alongside for drizzling over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 546 calories, Fat 40 grams fat, SaturatedFat 22 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 38 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 26 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 10 grams protein, Sodium 0.5 milligram of sodium
PROFITEROLES WITH RASPBERRIES
This dessert is on menus of many fancy restaurants, but this isn't a fancy dessert. It is a dessert that looks good enough, though, that you could fool a few people. Profiteroles are a lot like popovers, and you bake them the same way, at 425 degrees for about 20 or 25 minutes until they are nicely browned. They're light and crisp. Here they're served with ice cream and raspberry purée.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Yield 12 to 15 profiteroles
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 425 degrees; line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the butter in a saucepan with the salt and 3/4 cup water; bring it to a boil over medium-high heat and stir until the butter is melted. Reduce the heat to medium and add the flour; continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture pulls away from side of pan and forms a ball, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and let cool for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the slightly cooled flour mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition - the batter will come apart after each egg is added but will reunite as you stir. Transfer the batter to a resealable plastic bag or pastry bag and make a 1/2 -inch cut in one corner. Pipe mounds about 1 inch high and 1 to 2 inches in diameter onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about an inch of space between.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the profiteroles from the oven and pierce the bottom of each profiterole once with a skewer, to keep them from getting soggy. Return to the oven; prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon and let the profiteroles crisp up for about 3 minutes. Cool on sheet on a rack.
- Meanwhile, put the raspberries in a food processor along with 1 to 2 tablespoons water. Purée the berries, adding a little more water through the feed tube if needed, to create a pourable drizzle. To serve, use a serrated knife to slice each profiterole in half around the equator, fill with a scoop of ice cream or sorbet, and drizzle with the raspberry purée.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 134, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 12 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 52 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHOCOLATE-COGNAC PROFITEROLES WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine 3/4 cup water, butter, sugar and salt in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add flour; stir vigorously with wood spoon until mixture is smooth. Stir over medium heat until mixture forms ball, about 3 minutes (mixture will be stiff). Stir 2 minutes longer to allow flour to cook thoroughly. Remove from heat. Make well in center; break 1 egg into well. Stir vigorously until egg is incorporated and mixture is smooth. Repeat with remaining eggs, adding 1 at a time.
- Transfer dough to pastry bag with 1/2-inch plain round tip. Pipe 1 1/4-inch-diameter, 1-inch-high mounds spaced 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake profiteroles until puffed and golden, about 35 minutes. Cool on sheets. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
- Cut 12 profiteroles horizontally in half (reserve remainder for another use). Fill each bottom half with 1 heaping tablespoon chocolate cream. Cover with tops. (Can be made 3 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Divide Raspberry Sauce among 4 plates. Top each with 3 profiteroles. Drizzle with Chocolate Sauce.
RASPBERRY COULIS FOR PROFITEROLES
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, boil raspberries and sugar 10 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Strain through a fine sieve, add water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture resembles a sauce. Refrigerate until ready to use.
People also searched
More about "profiteroles with raspberries recipes"
RASPBERRY PROFITEROLES RECIPE — CHEF ISO
5/5 (4) See details »
RASPBERRY PROFITEROLES | RECIPES | WOMAN & HOME
5/5 (6)Servings 4Cuisine FrenchTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins See details »
PROFITEROLES WITH RASPBERRY CREAM FILLING RECIPE | EAT ...
Servings 10Total Time 1 hr 20 mins See details »
RASPBERRY VANILLA CUSTARD PROFITEROLES RECIPE - THE ...
Cuisine BritishCategory Afternoon TeaServings 12Total Time 1 hr 25 mins See details »
PROFITEROLES WITH CREAM AND RASPBERRIES RECIPE | EAT ...
Servings 12Total Time 50 minsCategory Dessert See details »
70 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH FRESH RASPBERRIES | TASTE OF HOME
See details »
PROFITEROLES WITH FRESH BERRIES - BAKED BY AN INTROVERT
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Specialty DessertsCalories 171 per serving
- To prepare the pastry, bring the water and butter to a boil. Add the flour and salt all at once and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon. Reduce heat and continue to stir until the mixture is a smooth paste and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly for approximately two minutes. Add the eggs one at a time to the mixture, stirring well to incorporate. The mixture should be smooth and stiff. Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the mixture in a piping bag with a medium-sized tip. Pipe 18 small balls of mixture, about 1 inch in diameter, onto a butter baking tray. Leave at least 2 inches of space in between each ball for expansion during baking. Place the tray in the oven at 400°F for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for 10 to 12 minutes. The profiteroles should be golden brown, dry and firm to the touch Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack.
- To prepare the pastry cream, bring the milk and vanilla bean just to the boiling point. Meanwhile, mix the sugar, flour, and egg yolks together to form a smooth paste. Remove the vanilla bean from the milk and slowly mix the milk into the paste mixture. Return to the stove over a double boiler; do no boil. Scrap the sees from the vanilla bean and add to the mixture. Continue cooking until it has thickened enough to heavily coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and continue to stir until cooled to room temperature.
- Combine all caramel ingredients in a heavy saucepan, preferably copper. Bring the mixture to a simmer slowly over a moderate heat. Stir the mixture occasionally, but only until it is about to boil. Do not stir after this point or the mixture may crystallize. Use a pastry brush dipped in fresh water to wipe any sugar crystals from the inner sides of the pan while the sugar is cooking. The caramel should be removed from the heat when it has reached 320°F to 350°F. The sugar will continue to darken slightly upon standing. The sugar can be cooked longer if a darker caramel is preferred.
CREAM PUFFS / PROFITEROLES WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE
Reviews 41Category FancyCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- In a small saucepan, stir together the water and butter over low heat. Let the butter gently melt without bringing the water to a boil.
- Remove the water-butter mixture from heat, and add the flour, sugar and salt mixture all at once. Stir, stir stir. Put it back on the burner that's been turned off and stir until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. In other words, the dough will stick together in one big clump around the spoon and not the edges of the pan. It happens in about 1 minute.
- Scrape the dough into a mixing bowl, and beat on low speed with an electric mixture until the mixture is only warm to the touch (about 1-2 minutes). Add the egg and continue beating. Beat for a few minutes, until the dough falls off the beaters in sheets and is pale yellow.
PROFITEROLES! - JANE'S PATISSERIE
5/5 (6)Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 549 per serving See details »
RASPBERRIES & CREAM PROFITEROLES - CPA: CERTIFIED PASTRY ...
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, add brown sugar and butter and beat together until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add flour, salt, and food coloring gel and mix until the food coloring gel is blended well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats. Set aside.
- Blend raspberries and 2 tablespoons using a blender. Set aside. Add cold whipping cream to bowl of a stand mixer, along with remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Blend on medium-high until the cream is super stiff.
RASPBERRY & STRAWBERRY PROFITEROLE RECIPE | BAKING MAD ...
Servings 4Total Time 50 mins See details »
PROFITEROLES WITH PATE A CHOUX - MORE MOMMA!
Servings 24Estimated Reading Time 9 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 55 mins See details »
THE MINIMALIST: PROFITEROLES WITH RASPBERRIES | THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
RASPBERRY & WHITE CHOCOLATE PROFITEROLES | ONLY CRUMBS REMAIN
Reviews 18Estimated Reading Time 8 mins See details »
PROFITEROLES WITH RASPBERRIES CREAM AND CHOCOLATE - NADIA LIM
Category DessertEstimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
RASPBERRY AND PISTACHIO PROFITEROLES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE ...
See details »
PROFITEROLES WITH RASPBERRIES RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
See details »
PROFITEROLES WITH RASPBERRIES
See details »
RASPBERRY MUFFINS | A TASTE OF MADNESS
See details »
DIVINE | DIVINE VERY CHOCOLATEY PROFITEROLES WITH RASPBERRIES
See details »
CHOCOLATE COGNAC PROFITEROLES WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE RECIPES
See details »
NADIYA HUSSAIN’S RASPBERRY AND DARK CHOCOLATE PROFITEROLES ...
See details »
You'll also love