PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL
Loaded with fiber from the oats and pumpkin, this warm, spiced oatmeal offers up a hearty, comforting breakfast. Even though we like it made with whole milk for a rich and creamy taste, it is equally delicious made with 1 or 2 percent milk. Make a large batch and thin it out with a little milk or water before reheating for a speedy morning meal.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk the pumpkin puree, milk, 2 cups of water, the dried cranberries, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, vanilla and a large pinch of salt together in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then add the oats and reduce the heat to medium-low. Gently simmer, stirring frequently, until the oats are tender and the oatmeal is the consistency you like, 10 to 15 minutes (15 minutes for very thick oatmeal).
- Ladle the oatmeal into bowls and serve drizzled with milk and sprinkled with a little extra sugar and pumpkin seeds.
SPICED PUMPKIN-OATMEAL COOKIES
Pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie may be the most obvious ways to enjoy pumpkin, but the warm spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger found in both translate into a delicious cookie, too. The dough here is made with pumpkin purée, oats, and spices, baked until soft and chewy, and finished with a drizzle of maple syrup glaze. Enjoy these treats as the autumn weather arrives, as well as through the holidays. - Taken from a recipe at CHOW. The original recipe says it makes 32, but I only got 23 out of it.
Provided by DrGaellon
Categories Drop Cookies
Yield 32 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange the racks to divide the oven into thirds. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Whisk the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and nutmeg in a medium bowl to aerate and break up any lumps; set aside.
- Place the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until lightened in color and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the paddle and the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the egg and vanilla, return the mixer to medium speed, and beat until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and scrape down the paddle and the sides of the bowl.
- With the mixer on low speed, add half of the reserved flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add half of the pumpkin and mix until just incorporated. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and pumpkin.
- Drop 8 dough rounds per baking sheet by the scant 1/4 cup, staggering them 2 inches apart on the prepared sheets. Place the remaining dough in the refrigerator.
- Place both sheets in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Rotate the pans from top to bottom and front to back and continue baking until the cookies are golden brown on the bottom and around the edges, about 12 minutes more.
- Place the baking sheets on wire racks and let the cookies cool on the sheets for 3 minutes. Using a flat spatula, transfer the cookies to the wire racks to cool completely. Let the baking sheets cool to room temperature and then repeat with the remaining dough (you can use the same parchment paper). When all of the cookies are baked, set the pieces of parchment paper aside.
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until evenly combined. (You may need to add more milk by the 1/2 teaspoon if the glaze is too thick to drizzle.).
- Place all of the cooled cookies on the reserved parchment sheets. Dip a fork into the glaze and drizzle it over the cookies in a zigzag pattern. Let the cookies sit at room temperature until the glaze has set, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175.4, Fat 6.3, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 21.3, Sodium 93.4, Carbohydrate 28.9, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 19.4, Protein 1.7
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL
- Bring milk to boil in a small pot over medium-high. Stir oats, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt into the boiling milk. Place a cover on the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir pumpkin puree into oat mixture until smooth; cook and stir continually another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let oatmeal set 2 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 602.7 calories, Carbohydrate 107.2 g, Cholesterol 29.3 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 10.6 g, Protein 21.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 891.6 mg, Sugar 58.8 g
PUMPKIN BUTTERSCOTCH OATMEAL COOKIES
I was in the mood for something sweet with pumpkin and butterscotch and I came up with these cookies. My husband and kids love them! These cookies are extra moist and following the recipe should give it a more cakey than crisp texture. If you are looking for a crispy oatmeal cookie, this is not it!
Provided by Laura Goodman
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat shortening, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and white sugar together in a bowl until creamy; add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Gradually stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until dough is well-mixed; slowly stir in oats. Stir butterscotch chips into dough until evenly distributed. Drop dough by the spoonful 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231.3 calories, Carbohydrate 27.9 g, Cholesterol 15.5 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 86.9 mg, Sugar 15.8 g
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; stir in water and milk. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until oats are tender, stirring once. Serve with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 5mg cholesterol, Sodium 329mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "pumpkin spice oatmeal cookies recipes"
SPICED PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES - SAVING ROOM FOR …
5/5 (3)Calories 146 per servingCategory Cookie, Dessert
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk in a shallow bowl until smooth. Quickly dip the tops of the cookies into the icing taking care not to submerge the entire top. Allow the excess icing to drip off into the bowl. Set the dipped cookies back on the rack until the icing is set.
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES - DESSERT FOR TWO
4.6/5 (23)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Cookies And BarsCalories 205 per serving
- In a large bowl, beat together with an electric hand mixer the butter for 1 minute. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar, and beat until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla, and beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl, and mix on low speed until just combined. Add the oats and mix to combine.
PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES - THROUGHTHEFIBROFOG
Ratings 1Category Dessert, Snack, Sweet TreatCuisine American, BritishTotal Time 30 mins
SOFT PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES - SAFEWAY
PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES - FARBERWARE COOKWARE
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES - LOVELY LITTLE KITCHEN
AUTUMN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES | HEALTHY PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES …
SOFT PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES - SOBEYS INC.
OATMEAL PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES — JESSICA MITTON
OLD-FASHIONED PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES
RECIPE FOR OATMEAL PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES - $5 DINNERS
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES (EGG-FREE, MILK-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, …
PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES WITH OATMEAL - THIS DELICIOUS HOUSE
ICED PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES - AVERIE COOKS
FAVORITE PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
PUMPKIN SPICED OATMEAL PECAN COOKIES - SKINNYTASTE
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES - ATELIZABETHSTABLE.COM
SOFT AND CHEWY PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES - MOUNTAIN MAMA COOKS
OATMEAL PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPE - NEST AND GLOW
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES | FOODTALK
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES - THE NERD'S WIFE
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES - CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE AND MORE!
PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES WITH SPICED CREAM CHEESE ICING
SPICED PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES - THISFARMGIRLCOOKS.COM
CHEWY PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES - ON MY KIDS PLATE
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES - GRACE AND GOOD EATS
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES - MY KITCHEN SERENITY
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
PUMPKIN OATMEAL SPICE COOKIES - MCCANN'S IRISH OATMEAL
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
APPLE PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES - FAMILY COOKIE RECIPES
ICED PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES RECIPE | GIRL VS DOUGH
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL COOKIES – A DELICIOUS FALL RECIPE
PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES « CLEAN & DELICIOUS
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES | RECIPES | MYFITNESSPAL
SOFT & CHEWY PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES - CRAZY FOR CRUST
PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL DROP COOKIES – THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB
You'll also love