- Combine the vinegar, sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, seeds and dill with 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Toss together the cucumber, jalapeño if using and onion, then transfer to a wide-mouth quart size Mason jar. Carefully pour over the warm vinegar mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours or up to 7 days.
Keep this easy recipe in your back pocket for when you want to add crunchy, zingy punch to whatever you're serving. The flavor of the rice vinegar creates a pickle that goes particularly well with Asian dishes.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, condiments, pickles, side dish
Yield About 2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Slice cucumbers 1/8-inch thick using a mandoline or a sharp knife. Toss with the sugar and salt and leave in a colander to drain for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse well and drain.
- In a bowl, toss cucumbers with the vinegar, tasting and adding more as desired. Store in a container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 116, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 28 grams, Fat 1 gram, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 1432 milligrams, Sugar 16 grams
FAST HOMEMADE PICKLES
These quick pickles are good with burgers, grilled chicken, deli sandwiches, or hot dogs. Any sturdy glass jar (new or reused) works well for brining. Always clean and dry the jars before using.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 3 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium saucepan, combine white vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seed, celery seed, red chiles (optional), and ground turmeric. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Arrange prepared vegetables and dill fronds in one or more jars. Pour hot brine into jar to completely cover vegetables and seal jar. Refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours (or up to 1 week).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 42 g, Protein 1 g
- Place cucumbers and tarragon in a jar.
- Heat vinegar, sugar, red-pepper flakes, and salt in a saucepan, stirring, until sugar and salt have dissolved. Pour into jar. Let cool completely, uncovered. Pickles are best refrigerated overnight (or up to 6 weeks) before serving.
This is the easiest pickle I have ever made. I got this recipe from Taste of Home The longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better it tastes
Provided by tuttifrutti1
Yield 1 qt and 1 pt
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Stir sugar in the vinegar until dissolved. Add salt, celery salt, and dill seed, mixing together.
- Pour over cucumbers and onions.
- Stir and push under liquid.
- Let stand for 24 hours.
- Put in jars and refrigerate.
- No need to can, just keep in refrigerator.
- They will keep indefinetely in refrigerator.
- NOTE: Even though it seems like you don't have enough liquid at first,in several hours you will have enough liquid to cover the cucumbers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1786, Fat 1.4, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 7008.7, Carbohydrate 446.3, Fiber 7.3, Sugar 420, Protein 7.5
More about "quick pickles recipes"
HOW TO MAKE QUICK PICKLES | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
QUICK PICKLED PEPPERS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
HOW TO MAKE PICKLES: QUICK AND EASY DILL PICKLE RECIPE
18 QUICK PICKLE RECIPES: REFRIGERATOR PICKLES, PICKLED …
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBERS | EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES RECIPE
RACHAEL'S QUICK PICKLES | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
HOW TO QUICK PICKLE ANY VEGETABLE - KITCHN
15 BEST PICKLE RECIPES (HOMEMADE PICKLES) - SNAPPY …
QUICK AND EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES - ONCE UPON A CHEF
8 REFRIGERATOR PICKLE RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME | ALLRECIPES
A GUIDE TO MAKING QUICK PICKLES AT HOME | CROWDED …
QUICK PICKLES RECIPE - BBC FOOD
QUICK PICKLES | PAULA DEEN
21 CRUNCHY QUICK PICKLE RECIPES | CHATELAINE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
QUICK PICKLES (EASY REFRIGERATOR DILL PICKLE RECIPE)
HOW TO MAKE PICKLED ZUCCHINI | KITCHN
QUICK PICKLES - RECIPES AND TIPS FOR HOW TO MAKE QUICK PICKLES AT …
QUICK PICKLED CUCUMBER RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
QUICK REFRIGERATOR PICKLES RECIPE
QUICK PICKLES RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
QUICK AND EASY FRESH DILL PICKLES- THE KITCHEN GARTEN
QUICK PICKLES - SO TASTY! - COOKTHESTORY
15 QUICK PICKLE RECIPES TO GET YOU OUT OF, UM, A PROBLEM
QUICK PICKLING 101 - THE PIONEER WOMAN
EASY HOMEMADE PICKLES RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
EASY HOMEMADE QUICK PICKLES - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
QUICK DILL PICKLES - UNDER 15 MINUTES! - SOUTHERN & MODERN
12 REFRIGERATOR PICKLE RECIPES TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR …
QUICK PICKLES TAKE JUST 20 MINUTES AND TASTE AMAZING
NO SUGAR QUICK PICKLES MASTER RECIPE FOR PICKLING ANY VEGETABLE
SWEET PICKLE RECIPE | REFRIGERATOR PICKLES | MCCORMICK
EASY QUICK PICKLE RECIPE - VINDULGE
QUICK PICKLED RADISHES RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
EASY HOMEMADE PICKLE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE QUICK PICKLED RED ONIONS | RECIPE + VIDEO
27 REFRIGERATOR QUICK PICKLE RECIPES FOR YOUR GARDEN BOUNTY
RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE QUICK PICKLES - ABC EVERYDAY
QUICK PICKLES | RICARDO
THE BEST SWEET PICKLE RECIPE – READY TO EAT IN JUST 2 HOURS!
QUICK-PICKLE CUCUMBERS AND ONIONS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CRUNCHY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES: QUICK & EASY HOMEMADE DILL PICKLES
24 QUICK PICKLE RECIPES THAT ARE SO EASY TO MAKE
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #canning #vegetables #1-day-or-more #dietary #technique
You'll also love