SIMPLEST QUINOA AND PINE NUT PILAF
- Place the quinoa in a fine sieve. Rinse under cold running water 1 full minute. Set aside to drain.
- Bring the broth, salt and pepper to a boil in heavy, medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the quinoa. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the quinoa is tender and all the broth is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat. Let the quinoa stand, still covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Scatter pine nuts on a small rimmed baking sheet. Toast the nuts until golden, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.
- Mix the cilantro and pine nuts into the quinoa.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion in oil for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add carrot, and cook 3 minutes more. Stir in quinoa and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and fluffy.
- In a bowl, toss quinoa together with walnuts and parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.2 calories, Carbohydrate 36.9 g, Fat 20.9 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 10.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 259.8 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS
This is hands down my favorite basic way of preparing quinoa. The Incas called quinoa "the mother of all grains" and I think it is such a nutritious and under used grain. Since it contains a balanced set of amino acids it is a complete protein source and best of all, it is gluten free. I use it instead oatmeal in the morning oftentimes (that recipe will be coming up)! This recipe is from Ellie Krieger and it's just a wonderful side dish or leftover snack.
Provided by dimply dots
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Rinse quinoa gently.
- Bring chicken broth and quinoa to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover, cooking for 15 - 20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- While the quinoa is cooking, toast pine nuts in a dry hot pan until brown and fragrant.
- Add oil to the same pan used to toast the pine nuts and saute the onions. Cook onions until soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- When quinoa is done, fluff with fork and transfer to serving bowl. Add caramelized onions, pine nuts and chopped parsley to the quinoa. Season with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil to taste.
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on an unoiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, or until slightly deepened in color.
- Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, saute onions and garlic in oil until softened.
- Add bell pepper, cumin and coriander; continue to saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While vegetables cook, place quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse well under cold running water for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rinsed quinoa and water to saucepan, cover tightly and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Stir in basil and corn, and cook 5-10 minutes longer, or until quinoa is tender.
- Stir to fluff it, add salt and pepper to taste and top with toasted pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.5, Fat 10, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 31.8, Carbohydrate 63.4, Fiber 7.7, Sugar 5.7, Protein 12
QUINOA PILAF WITH ARTICHOKES, LEEKS AND SUGAR SNAP PEAS
A perfect springtime dish, this quinoa pilaf--with leeks, sugar snap peas, and artichoke hearts--is topped with pine nuts and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Provided by Allrecipes Member
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth and quinoa; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Stir in sugar snap peas; cover and continue to simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until most of broth is absorbed. Stir in artichoke hearts; heat through. Top with pine nuts, cheese and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 358 calories, Carbohydrate 42.7 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Fat 16.3 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 13.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 268.1 mg, Sugar 2 g
More about "quinoa pilaf with pine nuts recipes"
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE | SELF
Servings 4Calories 136 per serving
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS - THE SPIFFY COOKIE
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS AND BASIL RECIPE FROM JESSICA …
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS – STYLISH CUISINE
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE BY JOHN
QUINOA PILAF WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, CARROTS AND …
HERBED QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS - RECIPES | GOYA …
A PERFECT QUINOA RECIPE TO ADD TO YOUR ARSENAL | SELF
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS | RECIPE | PINE NUT RECIPES, QUINOA PILAF ...
QUINOA SIDE DISH RECIPE WITH FIGS & TOASTED PINE NUTS | VALLEY FIG
QUINOA PILAF WITH VEGETABLES | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
RED QUINOA PILAF WITH TOMATO, SPINACH AND PINE NUTS - RECIPES
5 PINE NUT RECIPES - THE NUTTY SCOOP FROM NUTS.COM
TOP 48 RED QUINOA PILAF RECIPE-RECIPES
RECIPES FOR QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS WITH GROCERY LISTS AND ...
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RED QUINOA PILAF WITH TOMATO, SPINACH AND PINE NUTS - GLUTEN …
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS - FOOD NETWORK
VEGETABLE QUINOA PILAF RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
QUINOA PILAF RECIPE (EASY TO MAKE) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS – RECIPES NETWORK
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SUSAN MENDELSON'S RECIPE FOR QUINOA PINE NUT PILAF …
HERBED QUINOA PILAF RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
RED QUINOA PILAF WITH TOMATO, SPINACH & PINE NUTS RECIPE
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS | RECIPE | QUINOA PILAF, PINE NUT …
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL …
QUINOA VEGETABLE PILAF RECIPE - PACIFIC FOODS
QUINOA PILAF WITH PINE NUTS | RECIPE | QUINOA PILAF, HEALTHY RECIPES ...
LEMONY QUINOA PILAF WITH CAULIFLOWER AND PINE NUTS | ASWEETLIFE
QUINOA WITH TOASTED PINE NUTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROUXBE ONLINE CULINARY SCHOOL
QUINOA PILAF WITH CHERRIES AND PINE NUTS - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
QUINOA AND CAULIFLOWER PILAF WITH NUTS AND DRIED FRUIT
QUINOA WITH TOASTED PINE NUTS - 50 DELICIOUS QUINOA RECIPES THAT …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #easy #beginner-cook #grains #dietary #low-sodium #gluten-free #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #inexpensive #healthy-2 #free-of-something #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook quinoa with pine nuts?Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the olive oil and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer the garlic to the plate, reserving the oil. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
How to cook quinoa pilaf with vegetables?For even more flavorful pilaf, use vegetable stock in place of the water. Pour oil into a medium saucepan, and place over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots; cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Using a strainer, rinse quinoa under cold water.
How to cook spinach pilaf with pine nuts?Directions Heat oven to 350°. Squeeze spinach of all excess liquid. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pack about 1/2 cup spinach mixture on top of each fillet, matching the shape of the fillet. Serve with Quinoa Pilaf With Pine Nuts (recipe below)
How to cook quinoa in a crock pot?Place the quinoa in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes. Add 1 3/4 cups water (or use low-sodium chicken broth) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes.