QUINOA PILAF WITH CRIMINI MUSHROOMS
This dish has been a big hit as a side dish at Calhoun. The kids at Calhoun were fascinated to learn that quinoa is not a grain but a seed. It looks like a grain and reacts like a grain when cooked but it is still a seed. You can see the stamen in cooked "grain". It's nutty and delicious as a replacement for rice.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place a saucepan on high heat and get it hot. Add the olive oil and swirl it around to make sure the entire surface is covered with oil. Add the shallot and sweat (cook until translucent but not brown). Add the crimini mushrooms and cook until brown. Add the quinoa, thyme leaves, bay leaf, kosher salt and black pepper to the pan and stir. Let the ingredients heat up and roast a little to bring out all their fullest flavors. The steam coming up should be very aromatic.
- Slowly and carefully add the vegetable stock (it will spatter because the pan and ingredients are hot). When it comes to full boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover and allow to steam for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the heat, remove lid and fluff the quinoa and then replace the lid and allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust, if necessary. Serve.
SMOKY QUINOA WITH MUSHROOMS
Add quinoa cooked with smoked paprika to your list of top sides. To warm the spinach leaves, quickly saute if desired. -Ellen Kanner, Miami, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 10 minutes., Stir in tomato paste, paprika, lemon juice, cumin and salt until blended. Add water; bring to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork., Arrange spinach on a serving plate; spoon quinoa over spinach. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 337mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
QUINOA WITH SHIITAKES AND SNOW PEAS
- Place the quinoa and 2 cups water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir once, cover and reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand 5 minutes, uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the snow peas, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until bright green but still crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Combine the cooked quinoa, mushroom mixture, soy sauce, scallions and remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a medium bowl. Toss gently to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories: 210 Fat: 6 grams Saturated Fat: 1 gram Protein: 8 grams Carbohydrates: 32 grams Sugar: 2 grams Fiber: 4 grams Cholesterol: 0 milligrams Sodium: 260 milligrams
More about "quinoa with mushrooms recipes"
QUINOA WITH MUSHROOMS, KALE, AND SWEET POTATOES …
5/5 (583)Total Time 30 minsServings 4Calories 361 per serving
- Place the quinoa and 2 cups water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden and beginning to soften, 5 to 6 minutes.
QUINOA WITH LEEKS AND MUSHROOMS | RECIPES | WW USA
Servings 8Total Time 40 mins
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add oil to skillet and when it starts to shimmer, add leeks to pan. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms to pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms release their moisture, about 10 minutes. Add parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss gently and set aside.
- Meanwhile, while vegetables are cooking, soak quinoa in cold water for 1 minute; then rinse quinoa under cold running water until the water runs clear (or buy pre-rinsed quinoa if you can find it).
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth, rinsed quinoa, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from heat and uncover pan; fluff with a fork. Add vegetables to pan and gently toss to combine; finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
RECIPE: QUINOA WITH BALSAMIC ROASTED MUSHROOMS | WHOLE ...
Servings 6Calories 280 per servingTotal Time 45 mins
- Put vinegar, mustard, pear and garlic in a blender with 1/3 cup water and blend until smooth, about 1 minute, to make the dressing.
- Spread mushrooms in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until tender, stirring occasionally, 20 to 30 minutes.
ROASTED GARLIC QUINOA WITH MUSHROOMS - BAREFEET IN THE …
Reviews 9Category Side DishServings 2Total Time 15 mins
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms, stir to coat and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Then leave them alone, allowing them to brown before stirring again. When the mushrooms are soft, move them to the edges of the pan and add the roasted garlic. Press the cloves with a wooden spatula to smash and warm them.
- Add the quinoa and toss with the garlic and mushrooms. Add the remaining salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Enjoy!
QUINOA RISOTTO WITH MUSHROOMS AND THYME RECIPE | BON …
3.9/5 (109)Total Time 25 minsServings 4
- Bring 2 cups salted water to boil in medium saucepan. Add quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender and water is absorbed, about 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until onion begins to brown, 5 minutes. Add garlic; stir 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and thyme. Sauté until mushrooms are tender, 6 minutes. Add wine; stir until reduced and syrupy, 2 minutes.
ONE-POT CREAMY QUINOA WITH KALE AND MUSHROOMS - …
4/5 (4)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 274 per serving
- In a large skillet saute 1 cup sliced onions in 1 tsp olive oil for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add 3 cloves of sliced garlic continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup sliced mushrooms, cook until brown (about 4 more minutes) season w/ 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Add coconut milk vegetable stock, remaining salt and pepper, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking for 4 minutes.
GARLIC MUSHROOM QUINOA - DAMN DELICIOUS
5/5 (30)Servings 6
10 BEST VEGAN MUSHROOM QUINOA RECIPES | YUMMLY
QUINOA WITH MUSHROOMS AND FETA | COOKTORIA
5/5 (1)Total Time 13 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 566 per serving
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat, and fry the mushrooms for about 4-5 minutes, until they start to brown.
- Add the quinoa, feta and thyme leaves and stir everything together. Taste for salt. (You may not need any because feta is fairly salty).
QUINOA WITH LEEKS AND SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
3/5 (10)Calories 495 per servingServings 4
- Combine broth, water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in 3 tablespoons parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek; sauté 6 minutes or until wilted. Add mushroom caps, bell pepper, and wine; cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place 1 cup quinoa in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each with 1 1/4 cups vegetable mixture and 2 tablespoons walnuts.
BALSAMIC MUSHROOM PARMESAN QUINOA SKILLET
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until shimmery. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic to pan and saute 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until mushrooms and onion are softened. Add balsamic vinegar to mixture and let cook 1 minute longer. Remove mushrooms from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a medium bowl and keep warm. Set aside
- In same skillet, bring quinoa and chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and simmer quinoa 15-20 minutes or until most of liquid is evaporated and quinoa is fluffy.
- Stir warm mushroom mixture into quinoa and toss to combine. Stir in Parmesan and parsley and season quinoa to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm and enjoy!
QUINOA PILAF WITH SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS, CARROTS AND …
Cuisine AmericanCategory DinnerServings 1Calories 341 per serving
- Combine quinoa and chicken broth in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to low, cover and simmer until quinoa is cooked, about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften, 2-3 minutes. Add the carrots and thyme and cook until the carrots are just tender, 5-7 minutes. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil, along with mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are cooked through, a few minutes. Season vegetables with 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add cooked quinoa to vegetables and stir in pecans and chopped parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve hot or warm.
- Note: Shiitakes never come in contact with dirt, so the only washing usually necessary is a gentle wipe with a damp cloth or a paper towel. Use a knife to remove the stems where they meet the cap.
SKINNY BITCH TUESDAYS: QUINOA PILAF WITH MUSHROOMS AND ...
Servings 6Total Time 35 minsCategory Low-CarbCalories 192 per serving
- In a saucepan, heat the broth and quinoa on medium heat. Bring to a boil, and then lower the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes until the broth is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the olive oil in a sautee pan on medium high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Lower the heat to medium heat and add the garlic. Cook for another 30 seconds or so and pour the mixture into a bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa and mushroom and onion mixture. Toss to combine. Stir in the toasted pine nuts and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve.
ROASTED GARLIC, RED PEPPER AND MUSHROOM QUINOA
5/5 (6)Servings 2Cuisine AmericanCategory Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop the top off the garlic and peel away the loose outside paper. Drizzle olive oil on cloves, wrap in foil, and roast for 20-30 minutes, or until golden. Let cool.
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package. While quinoa is cooking, heat a skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. Add red pepper and mushrooms and saute until soft, about 6-8 minutes. When quinoa is done, fluff with a fork and add peppers and mushrooms. Squeeze the entire head of garlic cloves into the quinoa, mashing some with a fork and leaving others whole. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
QUINOA WITH MUSHROOMS AND SCALLIONS - GREEN VALLEY KITCHEN
4.5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Rinse and cook quinoa as per package instructions. It’s usually a ratio of 1 cup of dried quinoa to 2 cups of water. Add a buillion cube to the water.
- Once the mushrooms are brown, add scallions, garlic and pepper. Sauté, stirring for a minute or two until the scallions have wilted.
ROASTED MUSHROOMS WITH HERBED QUINOA - COOKIE AND KATE
4.8/5 (36)Calories 308 per servingCategory Side
- To prepare the mushrooms: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup (the rim is important, as the mushrooms release a lot of juices while roasting—use a large baking dish if you don’t have a rimmed baking sheet).
- Quarter the large mushrooms, halve the medium mushrooms, leave small mushrooms whole, and place them all onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over them and sprinkle the salt on top. Toss until the mushrooms are evenly coated in oil. Roast until the mushrooms are tender and somewhat condensed in size, about 15 to 18 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Meanwhile, to cook the quinoa: Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat a bit to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, about 15 to 20 minutes. Reduce heat as time goes on to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Remove the pot from heat, cover, and let the quinoa steam for 5 minutes. Then, remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Add the Parmesan, most of the parsley (reserve about 1 tablespoon for garnish), green onions, garlic, salt and olive oil. Stir to combine, then add 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice to the mixture and black pepper, both to taste.
GARLICKY MUSHROOM QUINOA - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
3.8/5 (68)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 491 per serving
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. Sauté the mushrooms until very well done. (Strive for a meatier tasting mushroom by cooking for a longer period of time. Of course, you can stop cooking the mushrooms whenever you have reached the desired outcome for your personal tastes.)
- Add the garlic and dried red chili flakes - if using. Stir into the mushrooms. Allow the garlic to cook with the mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa, fresh thyme leaves, salt, and ground black pepper. Stir all the ingredients together until the quinoa has heated through once more.
CREAMY MUSHROOM QUINOA | VEGAN + ONE POT - SIMPLY QUINOA
4.7/5 (3)Calories 308 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Once hot, add the garlic and mushrooms. Saute for 2 - 3 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
- Season from salt and pepper, then add the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Once the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy, remove the lid. Add the nutritional yeast, cream and milk and stir to combine. Season with a bit more salt and pepper and fold in the fresh herbs.
MUSHROOM QUINOA (EASY ONE-PAN RECIPE) - EVERYDAY EASY EATS
5/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory MainCalories 264 per serving
- Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme and season with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes until mushrooms have released liquid and are browned.
EASY QUINOA AND KALE WITH MUSHROOMS - THE HIDDEN VEGGIES
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 389 per serving
- Pre-cook quinoa by adding 1 cup of washed quinoa to 1 1/4 cup salted water or vegetable broth. Heat until boiling, then cover, and cook for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to sit for another 20 minutes. (This will yield 2 cups cooked quinoa).
- Wash and chop kale into small pieces. Rub the chopped kale with your hands until it becomes bright green and shiny.
QUINOA WITH MUSHROOMS AND FETA | OTTOLENGHI SIMPLE
5/5 (1)Category Vegetarian Main, Vegetarian SideServings 4Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Place quinoa in a sieve and rinse under cold, running water for about 10 seconds. Place into a small pot, along with the water. Cover and set over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to as low as possible and cook for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and leave to steam for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until very soft and light, golden brown, about 7-8 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin seeds and season with a pinch of salt. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another 2 tablespoons oil to the pan. Add the mushrooms to the pan. (If your pan is on the smaller side, you may have to saute' the mushrooms in two batches.) Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are browned and softened. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds, thyme and a season with salt. Add the balsamic vinegar. It should sizzle and cook off to almost nothing left in the pan.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa, onions, dill, feta and red chili flakes. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Taste. Add up to 2 more tablespoons of balsamic for more acidity, if desired. Serve warm.
10-MINUTE GARLIC + HERB MUSHROOM QUINOA - SIMPLY QUINOA
5/5 (4)Total Time 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 112 per serving
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallot and garlic and sauté until mushrooms have softened and are starting to brown, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa and cook until heated through, another 1 - 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Stir in parsley and serve immediately.
SPINACH MUSHROOM QUINOA RECIPE – QUINOA SKILLET RECIPE ...
Servings 4Calories 319 per serving
ASIAN-STYLE TOASTED QUINOA WITH MUSHROOMS (VEGAN) - THE ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main Dish, Side DishCalories 254 per serving
QUINOA WITH CELERY AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
2.8/5 (3)Servings 7
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook quinoa and mushrooms in a pan?Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in quinoa until well combined.
What is garlic mushroom quinoa?So that’s what this is – a boring old bowl of quinoa with a fun twist, chockfull of mushrooms, garlic and thyme. It’s so simple and comes together so easily – it’s practically fool-proof! Garlic Mushroom Quinoa Yield:6 servings prep time:10 minutes cook time:25 minutes total time:35 minutes
How to cook kale mushrooms with quinoa?Saute mushrooms in 2 tbsp of olive oil for about 3 minutes over medium heat. Wash and chop kale into small pieces. Rub the chopped kale with your hands until it becomes bright green and shiny. Toss in the kale and stir fry the kale with the mushrooms for another 2-3 minutes. (Omit this step if you are using frozen quinoa with kale already in it).
How long does it take to cook quinoa?This healthy garlic and herb Mushroom Quinoa takes less than 10 minutes and uses seven ingredients. A quick and easy vegan side dish for any entree. I absolutely love mushrooms, but sometimes can't figure out how to cook with them.