This is a recipe shared with me by a friend -- she said it came from Ani Phyo. Cook time is actually dehydrator time!
Provided by AlohaKimberly
Yield 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix ground and whole flax seeds, salt, garlic, onion, and water.
- Then -- Add sunflower and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread batter evenly on one dehydrator tray. Dry at 104 degrees F for 4 hours. Flip and score into nine slices to make it easy to break in straight lines. Dehydrate another hour before serving.
- OR you can put it out in the sun for 3 hours, score it, flip it and let it go another 2-3 hours -- .
ESSENE BREAD (RAW SPROUTED BREAD)
I really enjoy essene bread. Its sprouted, not cooked like a regular loaf of bread. You can add dried organic fruits or organic herbs to this bread as you like. The possibilities are endless. This is a bread that still has all its enzymes working, this means it's basically a live food. You have to soak whatever berries you choose for your bread. These are found in most health food stores. The bread is dehydrated, not baked. I came up with this recipe for my DH and myself. We are eating more raw foods and this makes a satisfying meal. I made some pine nut cheese and will put this on the bread. It should be a delicious change from the usually baked products. NOTE: I didn't include the 2 day sprouting time in this recipe and the cooking time is actually the dehydrating time. If you do use wheat berries don't use the hard wheat berries, its not recommended. You can use other types of seeds in this. I used a mixture of sunflower and pumpkin that I soaked over night. Enzymes start to die at 106'F so avoid going above 100'F when drying this bread.
Provided by Chef Joey Z.
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- SOAKING THE BERRIES:.
- Soak whatever berries you choose for about 2 days in "filtered water".
- **Please don't use tap water, it has too many chemicals in it and will spoil the water!**.
- To soak the berries, get yourself a large mouth 6 cup glass mason jar with a mesh lid.
- You need the mesh lid so the berries can breathe while they are soaking and the water won't go rancid.
- Put the two cups of berries in the mason jar and cover with water, rinse to remove any dust.
- Then put more filtered water into the jar with the berries and soak until evening. Pour the water off the berries through the mesh lid. Remove the lid and fill the jar back up with filtered water covering the berries completely.
- Put the jar on a 45 degree angle making sure that the berries are still covered with the filtered water, but don't let the water or berries touch the lid of the jar.
- Let them soak over night. In the morning, repeat the rinsing process.
- Do this until you see little white tails appear at the end of the berries. This means they have sprouted. Usually the second day is when they appear.
- Pour the water off your seeds you've soaked and set aside.
- Using a powerful food processor, grind the berries until you get a thick doughy type of mixture. Add the seeds, seasoning or whatever you plan to put into the bread and pulse slowly just to mix.
- You don't want these things to get chopped up too fine. If you add dried fruit it might be good to put them in the mixer fairly big before pulsing, that way they will chop a little smaller but still be recognizable.
- Form the essene into a loaf, no more then 1 1/2 inches high. Put the essene on a flat plate on a piece of oiled parchment paper and dehydrate. Then, for the last few hours, flip the bread over and dry the other side.
- The bread should be soft inside, but not mushy.
- DEHYDRATING THE SPROUTED BREAD:.
- "Do not cook the bread, keep the heat setting at about 80'F" The idea is to just form a crust around the bread, not to cook it. The Essene should be soft on the inside, but not mushy".
- Now there are a few ways to dehydrate this bread. You can set it in your dehydrator on a dehydrator sheet for 10 hours at 80'F.
- If you have a small convection toaster oven you can use that on a low setting.
- You can set it in your oven on low as well. Make sure you leave the oven door ajar for about 8-10 hours.
- This bread can be put out in the sun for 12 hours as well. Just make sure you put it under a mesh cover so the bugs won't eat it before you can.
- You can use a crock pot as well. Unfortunately, mine is too hot and won't work, so make sure you know what temperature the low setting is if you decide to use this method.
- Once the bread is done leave it out on the counter in a brown bag. Do not refrigerate. However, this is perishable, so eat it up as it can get moldy. If you don't plan on eating it right away freeze it.
- Serve with your favourite spread or Raw Pine Nut Cheese.
- Bon Appetit.
BASIC HOMEMADE BREAD
If you'd like to learn how to bake bread, here's a wonderful place to start. This easy white bread recipe bakes up deliciously golden brown. There's nothing like the homemade aroma wafting through my kitchen as it bakes. -Sandra Anderson, New York, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 loaves (16 pieces each).
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in warm water; let stand until bubbles form on surface. Whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Stir oil into yeast mixture; pour into flour mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, to form a soft dough. , Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1-1/2 to 2 hours., Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in 2 greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, 1 to 1-1/2 hours., Bake at 375° until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped or has reached an internal temperature of 200°, 30-35 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 222mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
More about "raw bread recipes"
HOMEMADE RAW BREAD RECIPE | NUTRITION YOU CAN TRUST
Reviews 23Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
15 DELICIOUS RAW VEGAN BREAD RECIPES - ADDICTED TO …
- Gluten-Free Vegan Bread. This gluten-free bread is bendy and flexible just like any other bread out there to provide you with the best experience possible, you want the closest thing to sliced bread?
- Vegan Coconut Flour Bread. Here’s another bread alternative to try out if you’ve got some coconut flour in your pantry to use up soon! Coconut flour has a neutral flavor and a faint nutty taste of coconut without the overpowering coconut flavor involved.
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Quinoa Bread. Struggling to find a delicious vegan bread recipe that substitutes well for your morning toast, but doesn’t sacrifice the flavored and aromas that a well-baked loaf of bread have to offer?
- Raw Vegan Banana Bread Biscuits. There’s quite a lot of creative freedom with this banana bread biscuit recipe as the only ingredients involved are, bananas, pecans, cashews, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt!
- Raw Vegan Zucchini Bread. If you’re looking for an alternative bread recipe for your lunchtime snacks, try this raw vegan zucchini bread that’s made using ingredients such as sun-dried tomatoes, zucchini’s, lemon juice, and avocados, to create this unique bread to mix up your lunchtime meal a bit.
- Gluten-free Rice Bread. Another alternative flour-based gluten-free bread coming your way, and it’s made using, you guessed it, brown and white rice! It’s crusty on the outside for that classic breaded texture, whilst remaining as soft as feathers on the inside for the best sandwich-making bread to date!
- Vegan Sourdough Banana Bread. Baking your own sourdough or banana bread has been on the rise (literally) recently as homemade recipes have become popular!
- Vegan Onion Bread. Fancy a go at baking an unusual but rewarding loaf of bread that can be made to your own onion preferences? Well, this vegan onion bread adds a little bit of spice to your regular bread recipes.
- Gluten-free Vegan Orange Bread. This bread recipe is definitely more on the sweet side for the sweet-tooths out there, but if you want to make it less overwhelmingly sweet, try halving the amount of maple syrup required as this is the culprit of that deadly sweet flavor that will have you coming back to make it every week for life.
- Pecan-raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread. The pecan-raisin cinnamon swirl bread is quite similar in terms of traditional bread-making methods to other non-vegan bread recipes.
RAW BREAD RECIPE - MOIST SPONGY LOAVES | THE RAWTARIAN
5/5 (17)Category Dehydrated Raw Crackers, Wraps And BreadsServings 6Total Time 7 hrs 10 mins
CRUSTY WHITE BREAD | RICARDO
RAW AND GLUTEN-FREE SANDWICH – NO DEHYDRATOR REQUIRED
RAW ONION BREAD RECIPE - SIMPLY WOMAN | ONLINE MAGAZINE BY …
RAW BREAD | RECIPEMOTION
41 EASY HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE BREAD AT HOME
BEST RYE BREAD RECIPES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
HOMEMADE RAW VEGAN BREAD | DEVILICIOUSLY RAW
RAW SWEET BREAD RECIPE | THE RAWTARIAN
RAW BREAD RECIPE - MOIST SPONGY LOAVES
RAW BREAD - RECIPES
21 EASY LEFTOVER BREAD RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
DISCOVER RAW BREAD RECIPE 'S POPULAR VIDEOS | TIKTOK
FERMENTED RAW VEGAN BREAD - RAW FOOD RECIPES - THE RAW CHEF
10 QUICK AND EASY RAW FOOD BREAKFAST IDEAS - STYLECRAZE
BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RAW ONION BREAD IN 2022 | ONION BREAD, BREAD, BREAD RECIPES
20 EASY BREAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BREAD RECIPE TEMPLATE FOR RAW RECIPES - NOUVEAURAW
MAKING RAW BREADS WITH FREE RECIPE - BEE LOVED KITCHEN
ROBINHOOD | BASIC WHITE BREAD
THE EASIEST LOAF OF BREAD YOU'LL EVER BAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
100 RECIPES FOR HOMEMADE BREAD | TASTE OF HOME
ADVENTURES IN RAW VEGAN BREADS - SWEETLY RAWSWEETLY RAW
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN RAW BREAD - RAW FOOD REPUBLIC
SIMPLE 4 INGREDIENT SPROUTED BREAD (MANNA BREAD
RECIPES ARCHIVES - RAW FOOD REPUBLIC
RAW BREAD | RECIPES VIDEOS
IN THE RAW® RECIPES | USING IN THE RAW® SWEETENERS
RAW ONION BREAD RECIPE - ASCENSION KITCHEN
RAW BANANA BREAD | RAW SNACKS, RAW BANANA BREAD, RAW VEGAN …
50 BEST BREAD RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
25 BEST SWEET BREAD RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
28 RAW BREAD IDEAS | RAW FOOD RECIPES, RAW VEGAN RECIPES, RAW VEGAN
THE FLAVOR BENDER - BREAKFAST, BRUNCH, & DESSERT RECIPES MADE …
SUN BAKE RAW BREAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
RAW VEGAN BREAD RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
HOW TO MAKE RAW, FLOURLESS, BREAD - DAISY & THYME
#course #main-ingredient #preparation #flat-shapes #breads #vegetarian #dietary #gluten-free #egg-free #free-of-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #equipment #small-appliance #dehydrator
You'll also love