SPICY THAI RED BEEF CURRY
- For the red curry paste: In a food processor, combine the cilantro, oil, ginger, lemongrass, coriander, cumin, shrimp paste, garlic, red chiles, lime leaf, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Pulse to a consistent paste.
- For the curry: Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring well, until aromatic, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pot and increase the heat to high. Sprinkle the flank steak with a pinch of salt, then add it to the pot; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the steak and add the onions and peppers; cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the coconut milk, bring to a gentle boil, then add the curry paste back to the pot; stir well. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. (If the coconut milk breaks and separates, don't worry: it will come back together to a smooth consistency.) Add the chicken broth and fish sauce, and continue simmering until the sauce has a nice, gravy-like consistency, 12 to 15 minutes. Return the beef to the pot and finish with the cilantro, basil, mint and lime juice. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
RED THAI BEEF CURRY
Here is a yummy red Thai curry recipe, it is also good made with lamb. I used Thai Kitchen brand, red curry paste. I do have a recipe for making your own from scratch which is great, and you can store the paste for up to 4 weeks in the fridge. As I didn't have any on hand I used a store bought one to save time and I have to say Thai Kitchen does do a good paste.
Provided by The Flying Chef
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat half the oil in a large fry pan and cook beef in batches until browned all over, set to one side and wipe pan clean.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, cook onion and garlic until onion softens, add ginger, lemon grass and paste cook until fragrant. Return beef to pan with water, stock, sugar and coconut milk.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour. Uncover and cook for a further 45 Minutes or until beef is tender.
- Finally add the lime juice, fish sauce, coconut cream and coriander, cook stirring until heated through.
- Serve with Thai fragrant rice such as Jasmine.
THAI RED CURRY
Forget ordering takeaway and make your own Thai red curry at home. This classic dish takes just 15 minutes to prep and it's bursting with flavour.
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry 1 tbsp ginger and 1 tbsp garlic paste for 2 mins. Add 5-6 tbsp red curry paste, sizzle for a few secs, then pour in 800ml coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer, stir a little and wait for the oil to rise to the surface.
- Add 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks, and lime leaves, and simmer for 12 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add 1 tbsp of the fish sauce and a pinch of brown sugar, then taste - if you like it a little saltier, add more fish sauce; if you like it sweeter, add a little more sugar.
- Bring to the boil, take off the heat and add ½ small pack Thai basil.
- Spoon the curry into four bowls and top with 1 red chilli, a thumb-sized piece of ginger and a few extra basil leaves. Serve with jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 27 grams protein, Sodium 2.4 milligram of sodium
THAI RED CURRY OF BEEF
I prefer the taste of homemade red curry paste, and the same goes for green curry paste. It is a more authentic flavour, and much more fun to make from scratch in your own kitchen, than to drive to the supermarket to pick up a jar. However, be prepared for lots of chopping! For a change, substitute shrimp for the beef, and add 3/4 cup fresh or canned, drained, pineapple pieces in place of the flaked coconut. Don't forget the basil! If you are accurate in your measurements the curry paste should yield 10 tablespoons - I seem to obtain around 8. The remainder can be stored in a sealed jar in the refrigerator. The recipe feeds 4 people if other Thai dishes are included in the meal. Adapted from a recipe by Vatcharin Bhumichitr.
Provided by Daydream
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- For the Nam Prik Gaeng Daeng paste: In a mortar and pestle, pound the ingredients for the red curry paste in the order listed, adding one at a time. Alternatively, a much easier method is to use a stick-blender. Blend all the paste ingredients together, with a few drops of water, until they form a fine paste.
- For the curry: Heat a wok on high, and add the vegetable oil. When hot, stir-fry the beef strips in batches for 1 minute, removing each batch when cooked. Set aside.
- Sauté the garlic until golden brown, then stir 2 tablespoons of curry paste into the wok and fry for a few seconds. Add the coconut cream and stir well, bringing to the boil. Add the beef stock, and return to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir in the Thai fish sauce, brown sugar, chilies, coconut shavings (if using) and baby spinach leaves. Heat gently but thoroughly.
- Just before serving, stir in the basil leaves.
- Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1059.8, Fat 77.5, SaturatedFat 39.1, Cholesterol 152, Sodium 2109.3, Carbohydrate 42.9, Fiber 8.2, Sugar 22.5, Protein 54.7
SPICY THAI RED CURRY
This spicy red Thai curry recipe transforms coconut milk, Thai basil, and skinless, boneless chicken thighs into a flavorful meal in under an hour.
Provided by NoFailRecipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in red curry paste, let sizzle for a few seconds, then pour in coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, stir a little, and wait for the oil to rise to the surface. Add chicken thighs and lime leaves and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the centers, about 12 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and brown sugar and taste--if you like it a little saltier, add more fish sauce; if you like it sweeter, add a little more sugar.
- Bring to a boil, then take off the heat and add Thai basil.
- Spoon the curry into a bowl. Serve with jasmine rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 538 calories, Carbohydrate 30.3 g, Cholesterol 86.5 mg, Fat 34 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 28.3 g, SaturatedFat 21.5 g, Sodium 1001.6 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
More about "red thai beef curry recipes"
SPICY THAI RED CURRY BEEF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (13)Calories 334 per servingServings 4
- Spoon coconut cream (thick layer at top of can) into a large skillet; stir in curry paste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add remaining coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce, and red pepper; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add bell pepper and onion; reduce heat to medium, and simmer 4 minutes. Add beef; cook 3 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in basil, lime juice, and salt. Serve beef mixture with rice and lime wedges.
THAI RED BEEF CURRY RECIPE - FEED YOUR SOLE
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory CurryCalories 735 per serving
QUICK THAI RED CURRY FROM SCRATCH RECIPE | HINT OF HELEN
THAI BEEF CURRY (EASY RECIPE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
THAI RED CURRY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THAI RED BEEF CURRY • RECIPE IDEAS • LATASHA'S KITCHEN
COUNTRY-STYLE THAI RED CURRY WITH BEEF, SHIITAKES
THAI RED CURRY RECIPE WITH VEGETABLES - COOKIE AND KATE
THAI RED CURRY WITH CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
BEST-EVER THAI BEEF WITH RED CURRY SAUCE - HOW TO FEED …
THAI RED CURRY WITH BEEF RECIPE - ROCKY MOUNTAIN …
THAI RED CURRY - RASA MALAYSIA
THAI RED BEEF CURRY RECIPE BY RUHANA EBRAHIM
STIR-FRIED THAI RED CURRY WITH BEEF RECIPE (PHAT PHET …
THAI RED CURRY BEEF W MAE PLOY CURRY PASTE - FLOUR & SPICE
SEARED BEEF WITH THAI RED CURRY SAUCE - GOURMET DIRECT
THAI RED CURRY BEEF - SIMPLY SCRATCH
THAI RED BEEF CURRY WITH PEPPERS | SHEMIN'S RECIPES
20 MINUTE LIGHT AND EASY THAI RED CURRY BEEF DINNER
THAI RED BEEF CURRY IN SWEET PEANUT SAUCE - GREEDY GOURMET
THAI RED CURRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
THAI RED CURRY (PERFECT FOR LEFTOVERS) - CAROLINE'S COOKING
THAI RED CURRY WITH BEEF - BORD BIA
BEEF PANANG CURRY (BEEF AND PEANUT RED CURRY ... - SLOW THE COOK …
THAI RED CURRY | THAI KITCHEN - MCCORMICK
QUICK THAI RED BEEF CURRY | SLIMMING EATS RECIPES
THAI RED CURRY BEEF RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THAI RED BEEF CURRY RECIPE – COURTESY OF THAI TASTE
RED THAI BEEF CURRY - PALEOMG
1-POT THAI BEEF CURRY POT ROAST | THE FRAYED APRON
THAI GROUND BEEF CURRY - MY HEART BEETS
VEGETARIAN THAI RED CURRY - THE YUMMY BOWL
THAI RED BEEF CURRY
RED THAI BEEF CURRY RECIPE - YOUR NEW FOODS
AUTHENTIC THAI RED CURRY RECIPE, (KAENG PED GAI) แกงเผ็ดไก่
THAI RED CURRY BEEF | WILLIAMS SONOMA
THAI RED BEEF CURRY - SLOW COOKER CENTRAL
RED CURRY BRAISED BEEF | RICARDO
THAI RED CURRY | BUSH COOKING
RED THAI BEEF CURRY RECIPE - FOOTBALL INDEX SITE
QUICK & EASY THAI RED CURRY WITH BEEF - 2 COOKIN MAMAS
THAI RED CURRY BEEF - AYAM
#curries #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #beef #lamb-sheep #asian #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Thai Red beef curry?Thai Red Beef Curry - a simple delicious make at home recipe using strips of beef, vegetables and a lighter coconut Thai curry sauce. If there is a curry that is up there with my favourites it has to be a Thai Curry. I just love the combinations of spices and flavours with that subtle sweet creamy coconut sauce.
How to make Thai coconut curry recipe?Mix together the curry paste with a little of the coconut milk until combined. Add to the pan with the lime juice and fish sauce and stir through the pan for around 30 seconds to a minute. Add the coconut milk to the pan and the sugar and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for around 2-3 minutes. Season and taste the mixture.
How do you cook red Thai curry with Lamb?Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour. Uncover and cook for a further 45 Minutes or until beef is tender. Finally add the lime juice, fish sauce, coconut cream and coriander, cook stirring until heated through. Serve with Thai fragrant rice such as Jasmine. “Here is a yummy red Thai curry recipe, it is also good made with lamb.
What's the best way to make beef curry?The beef is simmered in a flavorful coconut curry broth until super tender. We add butternut squash which thickens the curry and adds the perfect sweetness. You'll love it! Dry the beef with paper towels then season it with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown the beef on all sides.