RESTAURANT STYLE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE BY WEIGHT
I have looked for a couple of years for a good restaurant style pizza dough recipe I could make at home. Most of the recipe's I had tried tasted like bread, not pizza dough. This is the closest I have found to a great dough recipe! Please note Recipe is by weight, you will need a scale. Measuring by weight allows exact measurement and can be duplicated perfectly each time. The recipe is based on 65%-68% hydration. Salute to Forno Bravo for the recipe.
Provided by Dad the cook
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 2 16 'pizza's, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place water and sugar in mixing bowl, stir to combine and add the yeast. Allow yeast to sit until it starts to bubble 10 minutes or so. Then add the flour and salt.
- Run mixer on low speed for 2 minutes or until combined. Then run on medium for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and form it into a ball. Place the dough in another bowl or even a gallon ziploc bag, and rub olive oil on it to keep it from drying out.
- Let it rest for 1 1/2 hours or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut the dough in half for two regular pizza's or cut it into 4 pieces for thin crust pizza's.
- Roll out the dough and place your favorite toppings on it.
- Bake at 500 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. For a pizza with heavy or a lot of toppings, par bake the crust for about 4-5 minutes.
- Note (I use a pizza stone and preheat the oven for atleast 30 minutes.). I hope you enjoy this recipe!
In an effort to copy the flavor of a popular restaurant pizza, I came up with my own crust recipe. The dough is so easy to work with and turns out every time.-Kay Isaac, Stacyville, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in water. Add butter, shortening, salt and 2 cups flour; mix until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. , Punch dough down. Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Brush with oil. , Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Spread spaghetti sauce over crust. Top with beef and cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "restaurant style pizza recipes"
HOW TO MAKE RESTAURANT-STYLE PIZZA AT HOME | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Arrange a rack on the top third of the oven. First, make sure a rack is the the top third of your oven, so it’s close to the broiler. Credit: Joe Lingeman/Kitchn.
- Place a heavy rimmed baking sheet on rack. Grab a heavy rimmed baking sheet and place it on the rack, upside down. This lets you slide the pizza onto and off it a little more easily.
- Preheat the oven to 500 to 550°F. Crank up the oven to its maximum temperature and let it heat for at least 30 minutes. You want it to get nice and warm in there.
- Assemble your pizza on parchment paper. While the oven is heating, assemble your pizza on a large piece of well-floured parchment paper (or a pizza peel, if you have one).
- Turn on the broiler. A few minutes before you’re ready to bake your pizza, switch your oven to Broil. Now you’ve got direct heat coming from the top as well as lots of residual heat from the bottom and sides.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet, slide your pizza on, and put it back in the oven. Use oven mitts or a heavy-duty towel to remove the piping-hot baking sheet.
- Bake until crust is golden-brown and cheese is melted. Bake the pizza for around five minutes (depending on how hot your oven is), keeping an eye on it until you see the crust brown and bubble, and the cheese melt.
10 COPYCAT PIZZA RECIPES FROM FAMOUS RESTAURANTS
OUR 26 BEST PIZZA RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY …
RESTAURANT-STYLE PIZZA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST COPYCAT PIZZA SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY PIZZERIA STYLE PIZZA SAUCE - REAL LIFE DINNER
#DEVDKITCHEN RESTAURANT STYLE PIZZA RECIPE - PIZZA BASE RECIPE
RESTAURANT-STYLE PIZZA DOUGH | RECIPE | PIZZA DOUGH, PIZZA RECIPES ...
RESTAURANT PIZZA SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
7 TIPS TO MAKE RESTAURANT-STYLE PIZZA AT HOME
RESTAURANT STYLE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PIZZA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
17 BEST PIZZA RECIPES | EASY PIZZA RECIPES - NDTV FOOD
BAR STYLE PIZZA RECIPE – PIZZACRAFT
WHAT IS THE SECRET TO MAKING A RESTAURANT STYLE PIZZA?
TAVERN STYLE PIZZA RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
PIZZA RESTAURANT RECIPES ARCHIVES - SECRET COPYCAT RESTAURANT …
RESTAURANT STYLE HAWAIIAN PIZZA RECIPE
HOMEMADE PIZZERIA-STYLE PIZZA DOUGH - REAL LIFE DINNER
RESTAURANT-STYLE PIZZA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
THE SECRET TO MAKING RESTAURANT-STYLE PIZZA | THE TIMES OF INDIA
DETROIT-STYLE PIZZA RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
RESTAURANT-STYLE PIZZA DOUGH – CITRUS & DELICIOUS
10 RESTAURANT STYLE PIZZA DOUGH IDEAS | PIZZA DOUGH, PIZZA RECIPES ...
BEST PIZZA RECIPES OF ALL TIME | ALLRECIPES
THE 35 BEST PIZZA RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
RESTAURANT-STYLE PIZZA SAUCE (HOMEMADE) - THE DENTAL MOMMA
25 DELICIOUSLY WEIRD PIZZAS WORTH TRYING TONIGHT - TASTE OF HOME
QUITE POSSIBLY THE BEST GLUTEN FREE PIZZA BASE | RESTAURANT STYLE
ITALIAN PIZZA RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
TAVERN-STYLE PIZZA: HOW TO MAKE A REAL CHICAGO-STYLE PIE
THE BEST RESTAURANT STYLE PIZZA SAUCE (EASY!) - KEY TO MY LIME
RESTAURANT STYLE PIZZA DOUGH : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
RESTAURANT STYLE RECIPES - SIP BITE GO
KISSIMMEE PIZZA RESTAURANTS - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST PIZZA DOUGH - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
PIZZA FRIES IN RESTAURANT STYLE | PIZZA FRIES RECIPE @MAHAMGRAPHY
13 PIZZA-INSPIRED RECIPES YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE - THE SPRUCE EATS
NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA CINCINNATI - THERESCIPES.INFO
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE - CHRISTINA'S CUCINA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make restaurant style pizza sauce?The best way to achieve restaurant style pizza sauce is by making it yourself. Don’t bother using fresh tomatoes. Canned whole San Marzano tomatoes are the most consistent in quality, and have the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity. Pulse your tomatoes in a food processor, then simmer with good quality olive oil, minced onion and garlic.
What is the best way to cook a pizza?Directions. Punch dough down. Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Brush with oil. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Spread spaghetti sauce over crust. Top with beef and cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
How to make restaurant-style pizza?There is also a trick to cooking the pizza at a high temperature. Ideally, pizza dough is yeast-based and has time to rise in a warm place. The easiest way to accomplish this process is to preheat your oven and place the bowl of dough on top of the stove. The second key to making restaurant style pizza is being able to stretch the dough evenly.
How do you make Brooklyn-style pizza?View Recipethis link opens in a new tab The key to this Brooklyn-style pizza is letting the dough rest for 16 hours in the refrigerator. After that, top it with crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, mozzarella, olive oil, and basil leaves, then bake it on a pizza stone for the best results.