A crumble is the British name for a blend of berries or other fruit with a textured sugary topping, often with oats; the result is all but synonymous with a crisp. Our individual servings include rhubarb, strawberries, and raspberries nestled under an oatless blend of butter, brown sugar, flour, salt, and grated orange zest.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together rhubarb, berries, sugar, tapioca, orange zest, orange juice, and salt in a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide rhubarb mixture among 6 small ceramic baking dishes (1 cup capacity and 5 1/2 inches in diameter). Transfer baking dishes to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with topping, dividing evenly.
- Bake until topping turns golden and juices are bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on sheet on a wire rack 30 minutes. Serve with yogurt, if desired.
RHUBARB BLUEBERRY CRISP
Although butter and sugar were scarce during World War II, my mom would save her rations to make this tasty treat using wild blueberries and homegrown rhubarb.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, toss rhubarb and blueberries with sugar and flour. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. , In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over fruit. , Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts :
BERRY DELICIOUS RHUBARB CRISP
What a perfect springtime dessert! It's filled with color and fresh fruit flavor the whole family will savor. I sometimes grate about a tablespoonful of fresh orange or lemon zest and add it to the crumb mixture for extra flavor. -Sharon Hadinger, Dublin, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb, strawberries and blackberries. , In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining vanilla. Pour over fruit; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. , Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Fat 11g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 83mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
"BLUEBARB" BLUEBERRY RHUBARB CRISP
I created this dessert because I still had tons of rhubarb hanging around in my freezer and I was sick of the go-to strawberry/rhubarb combination. It turned out amazingly! The tart taste of rhubarb is, not surprisingly, complemented by blueberry. Delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Chloe
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk brown sugar, white sugar, 1/4 cup oats, 1 teaspoon flour, and a pinch of cinnamon together in a bowl. Add rhubarb and blueberries; stir to coat. Pour mixture into a small baking dish.
- Stir 1/2 cup flour, 1/3 cup oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl; add enough butter to create a crumbly topping, about 1/2 of the butter. Sprinkle crumbly topping over rhubarb mixture, and drizzle remaining butter over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and bubbling, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.8 calories, Carbohydrate 35.7 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 16.1 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 113.3 mg, Sugar 20 g
BERRY RHUBARB PIE
- To Make Filling: In a medium bowl, combine blackberries, raspberries, and rhubarb. In a separate bowl, mix together 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour. Sprinkle over fruit mixture and stir gently. Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- To Make Crust: In a large bowl, mix 2 cups flour with salt. Cut in shortening and 2 tablespoons butter until texture is like coarse cornmeal. Place 1/3 of mixture in a separate bowl. To the smaller portion, add water and mix to form a paste. Add this mixture back to the rest of flour mixture and stir just until dough forms a ball. Allow to rest at least 20 minutes before rolling out. Divide dough in half. Roll out bottom crust and place in 9 inch pie pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix 1 tablespoon melted butter and lemon juice into fruit filling, then spoon into pastry-lined pie pan. Roll out top crust and place over filling. Crimp edges and cut steam vents in top. Brush lightly with half and half and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake an additional 40 to 50 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 427.3 calories, Carbohydrate 53.8 g, Cholesterol 12.5 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 324.8 mg, Sugar 23.9 g
BERRY DELICIOUS RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE
What a perfect springtime dessert! It's filled with color and fresh fruit flavor the whole family will savor. Grate about a tablespoonful of fresh orange or lemon zest and add to the crumb mixture for extra flavor. ** If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Provided by Lavender Lynn
Yield 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb, strawberries and blackberries.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in remaining vanilla. Pour over fruit; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with ice cream.
RHUBARB AND BERRY CRUMBLE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a four-cup baking dish with one-half tablespoon of the butter.
- Remove any leaves from the rhubarb stalks. Dice the rhubarb. Place in a bowl and mix with the strawberries, raspberries, a teaspoon of ginger and three-fourths cup of sugar. Spread into the baking dish. Dot with one-half tablespoon of butter.
- With a fork or your fingertips mix the remaining sugar and ginger with the flour and oats. Cut the remaining butter in bits and mix them in until crumbly. Spread this mixture over the rhubarb.
- Place in the oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until top is browned and fruit begins to bubble. Allow to cool 20 minutes, then serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 388, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 65 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 44 milligrams, Sugar 47 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "rhubard berry crumble recipes"
RHUBARB AND BERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
Servings 4Total Time 45 minsCategory Dessert
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the rhubarb and cook over high heat for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well and place in a bowl.
- Add the blackberries, orange zest and 80 g (2 3/4 oz/ 1/3 cup) of the sugar and gently mix together. Taste and add a little more sugar if needed. Spoon the rhubarb mixture into the baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, ground almonds, ginger and remaining sugar. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit, pressing down lightly, don't press it down too firmly, or the topping will become flat and dense.
KETO RHUBARB BERRY CRUMBLE | KETOHH | A DELICIOUS EASY TO ...
Ratings 5Category Baking, Cakes, Muffins And Sweets, DessertServings 8Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Simmer rhubarb, berries, lemon zest, lemon juice and sweetener in a saucepan over medium heat and cook for 8-10 minutes until the rhubarb starts to breakdown. Stir mixture to combine and set aside to cool slightly. Taste the mixture and add additional sweetener if desired. It should still retain a little tartness and not be overly sweet because the topping is also sweet.
- To make the crumble, melt the butter until it goes a light golden color. Add the sweetener and simmer gently for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Add the almond meal, coconut, slivered/flaked almonds and salt to the butter mixture. Using a fork, roughly combine to form a chunky crumble mix. Use fingers to squeeze mix if desired to create larger chunks of crumble.
- Place the rhubarb berry mixture into a baking dish and top with the crumble mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and fruit mixture is hot. If topping isn't crisp enough up the temperature towards the end for a few minutes. Note that this will cook a lot quicker than a regular crumble mix so keep an eye on it for excess browning.
RHUBARB BERRY CRISP RECIPE
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 7 (6 oz) ramekins with cooking spray and place on a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- First, make the filling. In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and berries. In a small bowl, combine sugar and orange zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Add the sugar mixture to the rhubarb and berries. Add the orange juice, vanilla, and cornstarch. Stir gently to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, salt, and melted butter. Stir until mixture is moistened.
- Spoon rhubarb and berry mixture into prepared ramekins, about 3/4 full. Crumble oat topping over the rhubarb and berries evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until topping is browned and rhubarb berry mixture is bubbling. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
RHUBARB BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
4.5/5 (2)Calories 470 per servingServings 9
- Combine all topping ingredients except butter in bowl. Mix in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Combine rhubarb and blueberries in bowl. Place mixture into ungreased 8- or 9-inch square baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan. Add water; mix well. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking 1-2 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in vanilla. Pour over fruit.
RHUBARB CRUMBLE RECIPE - $5000 PRIZE WINNER - …
4.9/5 (26)Total Time 55 minsCategory DessertsCalories 362 per serving
SUMMER DESSERT RECIPE: BLACKBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
RHUBARB BERRY CRISP - THE BAKING CHOCOLATESS
5/5 (3)Category DessertServings 8
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8-inch or 7-inch x 11-inch baking dish that can hold about 2 quarts. Set aside.
- Make the filling: Combine strawberries, rhubarb and cherries with the flour and sugar in a large bowl. Toss gently until combine, then spoon and spread into prepared baking dish.
- Shortcut Filling Version: Use a can of strawberry pie filling and a can of cherry pie filling and just add in small, chopped rhubarb. No extra sugar or flour needed. Just mix it all together and you have instant filling, ready to bake because the rhubarb is raw to start with. Make sure you cut the rhubarb in small ½ inch chunks, so it cooks through thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter using a fork or pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the streusel mixture over rhubarb berry mixture. Add some additional oats on top for visuals if desired.
BLUEBERRY AND RHUBARB COCONUT CRISP | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
Servings 6Calories 360 per servingCategory Desserts And Baking
- To prepare topping, combine flour, oats, coconut, brown sugar and salt in a bowl. Stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside. Combine blueberries, rhubarb, sugar, tapioca and lemon peel in a bowl. Spoon blueberry mixture into a greased 3 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with topping.
RHUBARB & BERRY CRISP - WYSE GUIDE
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Dessert
TRIPLE BERRY RHUBARB OATMEAL CRISP - WISCONSIN HOMEMAKER
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertsCalories 332 per serving
GLUTEN FREE RHUBARB CRISP - THE ALMOND EATER
5/5 (7)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 298 per serving
- Add rhubarb and berries to a greased pie pan, then pour the sugar and arrowroot on top. Use a spoon to stir everything together so that the berries are coated with the arrowroot.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon and stir together. Pour the melted butter over top, then use a spoon to stir everything together. The mixture should be crumbly--that's a good thing!
- Use your hands to sprinkle the almond flour crumble over top of the fruit mixture, making sure all the fruit is covered.
BERRY-RHUBARB CHOCOLATE CRUMBLE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Berry Crisp & Crumble RecipesCalories 180 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For topping, in a medium bowl combine the crushed biscotti, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, whole-wheat flour and salt. Using your fingers, work butter into biscotti mixture until incorporated.
- In a large bowl stir together the sugar, brown sugar, all-purpose flour and vanilla. Add fruit; toss gently to coat.
- Coat a 2-quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer fruit mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 40 minutes or until filling is thickened and bubbly. Cool 30 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with whipped topping and sprinkle with additional crushed biscotti.
RHUBARB AND BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
Servings 6Calories 300 per servingCategory Desserts And Baking,Barbecue
- Spoon mixture into an 8 inch square glass baking dish. Combine next 5 ingredients (rolled oats through nutmeg) in a bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle crumb mixture over fruit.
RHUBARB CRUMBLE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine BritishCategory DessertsServings 4
APPLE, RHUBARB AND BERRY CRISP - LIZS HEALTHY TABLE
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory DessertCalories 270 per serving
BLUEBERRY OATMEAL CRISP RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
BERRY RHUBARB CRISP, GLUTEN-FREE (VEGAN) — VEGETAFULL
KETO RHUBARB BERRY CRUMBLE | NATURALLY SWEET PRODUCTS BLOG
RHUBARD BERRY CRUMBLE RECIPES
MARY BERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE RECIPES
HEALTHY & DELICIOUS ~ RHUBARB BERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make rhubarb Berry Crumble?Using a fork, roughly combine to form a chunky crumble mix. Use fingers to squeeze mix if desired to create larger chunks of crumble. Place the rhubarb berry mixture into a baking dish and top with the crumble mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and fruit mixture is hot.
How to bake rhubarb and blueberries in a crock pot?Directions. In a large bowl, toss rhubarb and blueberries with sugar and flour. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly.
How to bake rhubarb and blueberries in oven?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Whisk brown sugar, white sugar, 1/4 cup oats, 1 teaspoon flour, and a pinch of cinnamon together in a bowl. Add rhubarb and blueberries; stir to coat. Pour mixture into a small baking dish.
How do you make rhubarb and blueberry jam?Prep the fruit by chopping the rhubarb into 1-inch pieces and slicing the strawberries. In a large bowl, stir together rhubarb, strawberries, and blueberries. Add in the sugar, cornstarch and balsamic vinegar. Stir the mixture well, turning the fruit to make sure you get to the bottom of the bowl.