This recipe was my Mother's and she taught me to make them. My sons and their families always request these eggs for all family get-together dinners.
Provided by Nurslinda
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 12 egg halves, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Peel shells off cooled hard-boiled eggs; slice into halves lengthwise.
- Remove yolks from whites and place in a small round bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork into fine pieces.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons Mayonnaise, yellow mustard, diced gherkins and finely chopped jalapeno (seeds removed), and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir mixture until creamy.
- Spoon mixture into a zip-lock sandwich bag; seal bag and snip off one corner of the bag.
- Squeeze mixture out of corner of bag into egg white halves.
- Sprinkle tops of filled deviled eggs with paprika.
- Chill in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours or until cold before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 81.3, Fat 5.4, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 186.5, Sodium 261.1, Carbohydrate 1.3, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.9, Protein 6.5
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
- Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
EASY DEVILED EGGS
This adopted recipe has already received many good reviews and is the way I have always fixed deviled eggs. Since these are just basic deviled eggs, use your imagination and add anything you want. Double or triple the recipe if desired. Cooking time includes time to cook the eggs.
Provided by GrandmaIsCooking
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 6 deviled eggs, 3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut eggs lengthwise into halves.
- Slip out yolks and mash well with a fork.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Fill whites with yolk mixture, heaping it up lightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.1, Fat 4.8, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 186, Sodium 80.5, Carbohydrate 0.4, Sugar 0.2, Protein 6.3
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS
Start your meal strong with an appetizer that's made for the holidays. These deviled eggs are delicious, and the best part, there's always more where they came from! Deviled eggs without vinegar are a party-favorite and a go-to appetizer recipe for any host. Top them with different combinations to keep your imagination running and your guests' tastebuds rejoicing. Our deviled eggs recipe gives you a creamy taste that no one can resist...so be warned, once you put them down on the table, they won't be there for long.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Slip out yolks and mash with fork.
- Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Fill whites with egg yolk mixture, heaping it lightly. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60, Carbohydrate 0 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 75 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
BEST DEVILED EGGS
This classic deviled eggs recipe is a creamy, rich, and easy but elegant appetizer. Your choice of paprika will determine the depth of flavor.
Categories Egg Appetizer Cocktail Party Super Bowl Vegetarian Quick & Easy Halloween Summer Poker/Game Night Shower Gourmet Sugar Conscious Kidney Friendly Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 6 hors d'oeuvre servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cover eggs with cold water by 1 1/2 inches in a 3-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a rolling boil, partially covered. Reduce heat to low and cook eggs, covered completely, 30 seconds. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 15 minutes. Transfer eggs with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking and let stand 5 minutes.
- Peel eggs and halve lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks and mash in a bowl with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and cayenne and stir with fork until smooth, then season with salt and pepper. Fill pastry bag with yolk mixture and pipe into egg whites.
BEST DEVILED EGGS
Herbs lend amazing flavor to these deviled eggs, which truly are the best you can make! The recipe includes tasty variations that feature bacon, chipotle peppers and crab.-Jesse & Anne Foust, Bluefield, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cut eggs lengthwise in half; remove yolks and set whites aside. In another bowl, mash yolks; add to mayonnaise mixture, mixing well. Spoon or pipe filling into egg whites. Sprinkle with parsley and additional paprika. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 73 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 108mg cholesterol, Sodium 81mg sodium, Carbohydrate 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: eggs, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, relish, salt, pepper, paprika, fresh parsley leaves
Provided by Vaughn Vreeland
Yield 24 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the eggs in a pot and fill with cold water until the eggs are just covered. Bring the pot to a boil, then cover, remove from heat, and let sit for about 12 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water for about 3 minutes, then peel them and cut them in half. Transfer the egg yolks to a bowl, and set the cooked egg whites aside.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, relish, salt, and pepper with the yolks and transfer to a piping bag. (Alternatively, use a zip-top bag with a corner cut off.)
- Pipe the mixture into the egg whites, garnish with paprika and parsley, and serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 79 calories, Carbohydrate 0 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 4 grams, Sugar 0 grams
More about "deviled eggs recipes"
15 BEST DEVILED EGGS | ALLRECIPES
20 BEST DEVILED EGG RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE DEVILED EGGS
25+ BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPES - BEST WAY TO MAKE DEVILED EGGS
THE BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE! | GIMME SOME OVEN
DEVILLED EGGS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
THE BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE EVER - MY 100 YEAR OLD HOME
VEGAN DEVILED EGG POTATOES | VEGNEWS
MILLION DOLLAR DEVILED EGGS - SUGAR SPUN RUN
BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
11 DEVILED EGG RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY - THE SPRUCE EATS
DEVILED EGG RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
THE BEST DEVILED EGGS - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
THE BEST DEVILED EGG RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
DEVILED EGGS RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
12 EASY AND UNIQUE DEVILED EGGS RECIPE IDEAS - EAT THIS NOT THAT
GRANDMA'S DEVILED EGGS RECIPE WITHOUT RELISH - THESE OLD …
BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE DEVILED EGGS
I MADE DEVILED EGGS NINE WAYS AND FOUND THE BEST RECIPE
14 DEVILED EGG RECIPES SURE TO DELIGHT | SOUTHERN LIVING
DEVILLED EGGS | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
BASIC DEVILLED EGGS RECIPE | GET CRACKING
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
35 BEST DEVILED EGG RECIPES | MYRECIPES
BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE 2022 ️ - JOJO RECIPES
DEVILED EGG RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
DEVILED EGGS - A CLASSIC & DELICIOUS APPETIZER! — PIMP MY RECIPE
20 BEST DEVILED EGG RECIPES WITH DIFFERENT FILLINGS - PARADE
BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
99 DEVILED EGG RECIPES - COPYKAT RECIPES
19 DEVILED EGG RECIPES AND VARIATIONS | EPICURIOUS
DEVILED EGGS - JO COOKS
DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - THE COZY COOK
BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPE (WITH MIX-IN IDEAS) - COOKING CLASSY
“THE GREATEST” DEVILED EGGS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BASIC DEVILED EGGS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
DEVILED EGGS WITH CRABMEAT RECIPE | EATINGWELL
30+ BEST DEVILED EGGS RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE EASY DEVILED EGGS
CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
DEVILED EGG RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #appetizers #lunch #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #american #canadian #easy #european #beginner-cook #potluck #diabetic #dinner-party #fall #finger-food #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #kid-friendly #picnic #spring #summer #winter #easter #eggs #dietary #new-years #seasonal #comfort-food #pacific-northwest #st-patricks-day #valentines-day #kwanzaa #taste-mood #to-go #presentation
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make deviled eggs with hard boiled eggs?This is the only recipe for deviled eggs you’ll ever need! Slice hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Gently remove the yolk and place yolks into a mixing bowl. Set whites aside on a serving platter. Use a fork to mash egg yolks.
How to make deviled egg platters?Hard boil one dozen eggs. Once eggs are peeled, cut each egg in half length-wise. Remove the egg yolks to a mixing bowl to mix with the other ingredients and place the egg whites onto the deviled egg platters. Start with the mayonnaise. This is the condiment which leads to the creamy texture of the deviled egg.
What to serve with deviled eggs?Deviled eggs are a classic appetizer to serve at potlucks and parties. The classic preparation is to mix the egg yolks from boiled eggs with mustard and mayonnaise and dust with paprika for color. This recipe adds in a bit more flavor with the use of dijon mustard, sweet pickle relish, and the bold flavor of horseradish.
What is the origin of deviled eggs?Back in the 1700s, foods prepared with vinegar, mustard, and spicy or zesty ingredients were termed deviled although it mainly referred to meats and not eggs at the time. EGGS: Any eggs will do for this recipe. Remember to peel them gently so the shell does not tear at the white flesh of the egg.