ROASTED CORNISH HENS
These Roasted Cornish Hens will be your new favorite recipe for romantic date nights or to impress dinner party guests. They're simple, elegant, and turn out perfectly every time with my easy step-by-step instructions.
Provided by Joanna Cismaru
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine all the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pat the hens dry with paper towels and generously season with the dry rub both inside and out.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- In a roasting pan add the rosemary, thyme, garlic, onion, and half the lemon slices. Place the hens in the roasting pan over the herbs and onions and drizzle the olive oil over the hens.
- Transfer the roasting pan to the preheated oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers at 165°F.
- Remove the hens from the oven and let them rest for 20 minutes. Garnish with additional thyme, lemon slices and rosemary and serve over mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 0.5 hen, Calories 783 kcal, Carbohydrate 10 g, Protein 60 g, Fat 55 g, SaturatedFat 14 g, Cholesterol 344 mg, Sodium 796 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 2 g
HERB-ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS
These cornish game hens are simple to prepare and taste heavenly. Roasted in the oven with herbs it makes an elegant dish.
Provided by SueVM
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place hens breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Brush over hens and bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
BAKED CORNISH GAME HENS
Cornish game hens stuffed with a vegetable mixture, then roasted. A Cornish game hen recipe that I found and tweaked a bit for the taste and size of our small family, but it would be very easy to adjust it to fit your needs. It goes well with oven-roasted potatoes.
Provided by JMRYGH
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine the 1/2 cup melted butter, onion, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley.
- Season hens inside and out with salt and pepper to taste, then stuff with equal amounts butter/vegetable mixture. Place stuffed birds in a 9x13 inch baking dish, breast side up. Drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Cover dish and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove cover and brown at 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.2 calories, Carbohydrate 4.5 g, Cholesterol 166.8 mg, Fat 45.2 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 24.8 g, Sodium 421 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
ROASTED CORNISH HENS WITH VEGETABLES
Roasting simply seasoned Cornish game hens and vegetables in one pan results in a full-flavored meal in one.-Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Transfer to a large shallow roasting pan., Brush hens with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap a bacon strip around each hen; secure with a wooden toothpick. Tie legs together. Place, breast side up, over vegetables., Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180° and vegetables are tender. Remove hens to a serving platter; serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts :
HERB-STUFFED ROASTED CORNISH HENS
If you're looking to add a touch of elegance to your dinner table, we suggest this moist Cornish game hen recipe. A blend of sage, lemon, onion and garlic give this entree outstanding flavor. -Taste of Home Cooking School
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375°. Gently lift skin from hen breasts and place sage leaves under skin. Place lemon wedges and a third of the onions in the cavities. Tuck wings under hens; tie legs together. Place in a small greased roasting pan. , Combine butter, oil, lemon juice and garlic; spoon half of mixture over hens. Sprinkle with salt and pepper., Bake 30 minutes. Add potatoes and remaining onions to pan. Brush hens with remaining butter mixture. Bake until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175° and potatoes are tender, 40-45 minutes longer., Remove hens to a serving platter. Stir potatoes and onions to coat with pan drippings. Serve with hens.
Nutrition Facts : Fat 67 g fat (22 g saturated fat), Cholesterol 379 mg cholesterol, Sodium 1,398 mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29 g carbohydrate, Fiber 4 g fiber, Protein 63 g protein.
ROASTED CORNISH HENS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pat the hens dry with a cloth. Slice lemon in half and squeeze juice into a medium bowl. Stuff hen cavities with half lemon, 2 cloves garlic and 1/2 branch of fresh rosemary. Add honey, oil and salt and pepper to lemon juice and blend together. Baste the hens with the lemon honey sauce. Place in a small roasting pan and roast for 20 minutes. Reduce heat and continue roasting for 20 to 30 minutes basting the hens occasionally. Roast the hens until the juices run clear from the thigh. Transfer hens to cutting board and let sit for 10 minutes. Place roasting pan on stove burner and stir in white wine. Bring to a simmer and scrape brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in chicken stock and simmer. Serve hens hot with sauce.
ROASTED CORNISH HENS WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rub the hens inside and out with salt and pepper and remove any excess fat inside. Place one sprig of rosemary and one garlic clove in each cavity and truss the hens, if desired.
- Place the hens in a large metal roasting pan. Brush them with the oil. Arrange the birds on their sides. Scatter the necks, gizzards, hearts, livers and onion around the birds. Place the dish on top of the stove and heat until the oil is sizzling.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Turn the birds on the reverse side and cook for 15 more minutes, basting occasionally.
- Remove all the fat from the dish and add the wine and chicken broth.
- Reduce the heat to 425 degrees. Place the hens on their backs for a final 10 minutes of cooking. The simmering broth will deglaze the pan as the birds roast, making a gravy. Remove from the oven and pour the cavity juices, including the rosemary and garlic, into the pan. Remove the rosemary and the trussing string, and let the hens rest in a warm place for 5 minutes before carving. Serve with the giblets and onions, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 654, UnsaturatedFat 31 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 46 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 49 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 1298 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams
NEW ENGLAND ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS
- Split the hens and remove the ribs and backbone.
- Combine all above except butter and marinate the hens for 2 to 6 hours.
- Bring them to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Remove the hens from the marinade and pat more or less dry.
- Arrange in an oven dish (single layer), brush with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, brushing with butter once or twice during cooking.
More about "roasted cornish hens recipes"
ROASTED CORNISH HEN - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (154)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Chicken, Dinner, Entree, Main CourseCalories 568 per serving
- Toss vegetables with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt & pepper to taste (add extra herbs if you'd like).
- Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and herbs in a small bowl. Brush hens with olive oil mixture. Twist wings to tuck under the bird.
- Place hens in a large casserole dish or on a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange the prepared vegetables around the hens and place in the oven. Reduce heat to 400°F.
ROASTED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
5/5 (15)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 670 per serving
- Prep the Cornish hens: pat dry with kitchen towels, then stuff each Cornish hen cavity with a piece of onion, garlic, lemon, and a sprig of rosemary. Truss the legs with butcher twine and tuck the wings behind the bird.
HOW TO ROAST A CORNISH HEN - BEST ROASTED CORNISH HEN …
Occupation Senior Food EditorEstimated Reading Time 3 minsAuthor Lena AbrahamPublished 2019-12-03
- Season The Hen. Like all the most delicious things, we like to brush our Cornish hen with butter before it roasts. For seasoning, we keep it relatively simple: salt, pepper, and a nice hearty herb like thyme or rosemary (or both!).
- Stuff The Cavity. To infuse even more flavor into your hen, stuff the cavity. Keep it simple with lemon and herbs, or experiment with other citrus like limes or mandarin oranges and other alliums like garlic or shallots.
- Tuck The Wings. Since we like roasting our hens at a high temperature, it's important we protect the wings from charring to a crisp. Tucking the wings under the hen allows even browning and cooking no matter what temperature you're roasting at.
- Tie The Legs. Trussing a chicken is about more than just looks! Not only does it insure the hen cooks evenly, it also helps the hen retain moisture, leading to tender, fall-off-the-bone meat.
- Transfer To Baking Dish. We love a 2-in-1 dinner. Roasting our veggie side with our hen couldn't be easier—simply scatter your potatoes (or parsnips, carrots, onions, or sweet potatoes!)
- Get Roasting! Pop your dish in a 425° oven and roast for 50 minutes, or until potatoes are golden and tender and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the hen reads 160°.
- Serve. Et violá! The perfect dinner for two. Pour yourself a glass of chilled dry white wine for a job well done. Lena Abraham Senior Food Editor Lena Abraham is the Senior Food Editor at Delish, where she develops and styles recipes for video and photo, and also stays on top of current food trends.
THE ULTIMATE ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS
CORNISH HEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PERFECT OVEN ROASTED BAKED CORNISH HENS RECIPE
CRISPY BAKED CORNISH HEN RECIPE - THE SUBURBAN SOAPBOX
HERB AND SPICE ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPE
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HEN BY KARYL'S KULINARY KRUSADE
ROASTED CORNISH HENS AND POTATOES - MEDITERRANEAN …
EASY ROASTED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - DIVAS CAN COOK
THE BEST ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPE - SWEET …
ROASTED CORNISH HEN RECIPE (W/ THE BEST MARINADE)! | THE …
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE
BUTTERMILK BRINED ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS | RECIPE | CORNISH …
ROASTED CORNISH HEN - DINNER AT THE ZOO
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS · MAJOR GATES
EASY ROASTED CORNISH HEN RECIPE- REAL FOOD WITH SARAH
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS - GIRL GONE GOURMET
SPLIT-ROASTED CORNISH HENS WITH LEMON, GARLIC AND HERBS
ROAST CORNISH HENS - IMMACULATE BITES
ROASTED CORNISH HENS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS - FOOLPROOF LIVING
ROASTED CORNISH HEN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
THE BEST CORNISH GAME HEN RECIPES - HALF-SCRATCHED
BEST ROASTED CORNISH HENS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
ROASTED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - AN EASY ELEGANT MAIN DISH
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HENS RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
ROASTED CORNISH HENS STUFFED WITH VEGETABLES - ALL WE EAT
INA GARTEN CORNISH GAME HENS - THERESCIPES.INFO
BAKED HALVED CORNISH HEN - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
ROASTED CORNISH HENS - COUNTRYSIDE CRAVINGS
ROASTED CORNISH HENS - PLATING PIXELS
DAD'S ROASTED CORNISH HENS - WHAT'S GABY COOKING
ROASTED CORNISH GAME HEN AND VEGETABLES- AN EASY DINNER FOR …
ROASTED CORNISH HEN RECIPE IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - COOKING WITH …
ROASTED CORNISH HENS WITH LEMON PEPPER - FEARLESS DINING
ROASTED CORNISH HENS RECIPE - LAURA IN THE KITCHEN
ROASTED CORNISH HENS - JULIA'S ALBUM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to Cook Cornish hens in the oven?Set the Cornish hens out to come to room temperature about 1 hour before cooking. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and set a rack to the middle position of the oven. While the hens are coming to room temperature, make the basting sauce. In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, combine the olive oil and butter.
What are Cornish hens rubbed with?The Cornish hens are rubbed with a mixture of Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. There is something about homemade spice mixes that makes them so much more flavorful that ready-made!
What is the best way to cook Hens in the oven?Place the hens on a baking sheet pan with plenty of space between them. You may need to use 2 pans. Loosely stuff the cavities of each hen with some green bell pepper, celery and onion. Roast the hens in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of...
How to roast chickens in the oven?Dry the hens with paper towel, and season generously with the dry rub both inside and out. Prep the roasting pan: Preheat the oven to 425F. Add the fresh herbs, garlic, onion, and half the lemon slices to the roasting pan. Place the hens in the roasting pan over the bed of ingredients and drizzle olive oil all over the hens.