The jelly can be used as a condiment. Add it to meat marinades, or brush it on roasts or poultry while cooking. Great with crackers and cream cheese.
Provided by BUMBLEBEEBOOGIE
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a food processor or blender, blend the garlic and 1/2 cup of vinegar until smooth. In a 6 to 8 quart saucepan, combine the garlic mixture, remaining 1 1/2 cups vinegar and sugar. Over high heat bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Quickly add the pectin. Return the mixture to a boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Immediately fill five, sterilized half pint jars with the jelly, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Wipe the jar tops and threads clean. Place hot sealing lids on the jars and apply the screw on rings loosely. Process in boiling water in a deep canning pot for 5 minutes. Remove the jars and cool completely. Tighten the jar screw rings to complete the sealing process.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123.1 calories, Carbohydrate 31.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sodium 0.4 mg, Sugar 31.3 g
HOT PEPPER GARLIC JELLY
I have made several different recipes for hot pepper jelly and decided that I had tweaked them all to the point of newness. Here is my interpretation of a good, hot jelly that works well as a glaze on chicken or pork or on top of a brie or over some cream cheese. Heck I have even had it on celery with peanut butter but that's a whole other story. I use a variety of colored peppers for really pretty jelly, yellow, red green, etc. I think habenaros give the best flavor and heat. My instructions are kind of long but I thought the details of canning might be helpful to someone. Wear rubber gloves whenever handling hot peppers or you'll be sorry. Makes a great addition to a gift basket. Hope you enjoy it.
Provided by riffraff
Yield 6 1/2-7 half pints
Number Of Ingredients 6
- I begin by putting my jars and rings in a big pot of water on the stove and bring to a low boil.
- Leave them boiling slightly till you are ready for them.
- Have your jar flats ready on the counter along with a damp rag to wipe the rims of your jars after filling.
- Put peppers, green pepper, garlic, vinegar and sugar in a large pot and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Boil for 5- 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Certo and stir.
- Pour into 1/2 pint jars.
- As soon as you fill a jar wipe the rim, put a flat in the ring and twist onto jar and invert jar on cloth towel to seal (heat from jar, ring and jelly should seal it).
- Leave them on the counter for a while to finish sealing.
- If you notice the peppers settling just give the jar a little shake every once in a while.
- After they have cooled and sealed (you will not be able to push down on the flat at all) you can turn them over and tighten the rings again and you're done!
- **NOTE FROM CHEF** One packet of liquid certo will work just fine, the jelly will "looser". I actually prefer it with one packet myself.
CERTO HERBED GARLIC JELLY
Put something awesome on the condiment tray! How about garlic jelly? This CERTO Herbed Garlic Jelly is a treat for garlic lovers and rosemary fans.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes about 4 (1-cup) jars or 64 servings, 1 Tbsp. each.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring boiling-water canner, half full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain jars well before filling.
- Mix wine, garlic, vinegar and rosemary in 6- or 8-qt. saucepot. Stir in sugar. Add butter to reduce foaming. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 5 min. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middles of lids with finger. (If lids spring back, lids are not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 45 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 11 g, Protein 0 g
ROASTED GARLIC JELLY
This makes a wonderful glaze for meat or a spread or warm bread. The recipe calls for white balsamic vinegar because it will create a light cover jelly. If you are unable to find it make it with the dark balsamic but the jelly will be darker and have a more robust flavor. Remember when making jellies to not squeeze the jelly bag to speed juice collection, doing so may produce a cloudy jelly. This is from the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. The recipe is for under 1,000 feet elevation so adjust it for your area.
Provided by Samantha in Ut
Yield 4 ounce jars, 9 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut off tops of garlic heads and place each head on a small square of foil set on a baking sheet. Top each head with 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp balsamic. Scrunch foil loosely around garlic heads and roast in a preheated oven until garlic is golden and very soft 45-60 minutes on 400. Let stand until cool. Separate cloves pinching each one to extract garlic. Discard the skins.
- In a medium saucepan, combine garlic, wine, water, white balsamic vinegar, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and boil gently for 5 minutes. Cover, remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Transfer garlic mixture to a dampened jelly bag or a strainer lined with layers of damp cheesecloth. Let drip 30 minutes. Measure 1 2/3 c of garlic juice. If you don't have the required amount add up to 1/4 c dry white wine or water.
- Meanwhile, prepare canner, jars and lids.
- Transfer garlic juice to a large deep saucepan. Stir in lemon juice and sugar. Over high heat, stirring constantly, bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Stir in pectin. Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and quickly skim off foam.
- Quickly pour hot jelly into hot jars leave 1/4 in head space. Wipe rims and put lids and rings on.
- Place in canner, bring to boil and process 10 minutes.
ROASTED GARLIC & ONION JELLY
- Cut top off each garlic head and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in a regular conventional oven at 275 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool completely. Caramelize onions: chop onions into small pieces (save half of 1 onion and cut into large slivers; set aside to be used later as a garnish). Place 2/3 cup sugar in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until melted; mix in butter until melted. Add onions and cook until coated by caramelizing mixture (onions should be soft and pierce easily with a fork). Caramelize large slivers and set aside. Add garlic cloves from one head and simmer 5 minutes. Add vinegar and mix while still over medium heat; mix in 4 cups water and simmer 5 more minutes. Sieve mixture through a jellybag or cheesecloth, allowing to drip until all liquid is through. Measure 5 cups of the garlic/onion liquid into a saucepan and add pectin. Bring to a full boil and add all the sugar at once. Cook at full rolling boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and ladle mixture into hot, sterilized jars. Garnish top of each jar with a large sliver of caramelized onion and a clove of roasted garlic. Put lids on and process 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Store in a cool, dark place.
ROASTED GARLIC JAM
Garlic can be subtle and sweet, or it can be a big bully with acrid undertones. Its behavior depends on how it's cooked and in what company. Here, it cozies up with lemon juice, cayenne and parsley, blending fast into a zippy, soft topping for bruschetta, pizza or your favorite grilled meat.
Provided by Molly O'Neill
Categories condiments, dips and spreads, appetizer
Yield 2/3 cup
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Chop the garlic with a knife until it forms a paste. Place in a bowl and stir in the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in the parsley. Use for bruschetta, pizza or grilled meats.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 115, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 21 grams, Fat 3 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 162 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram
More about "roasted garlic jelly recipes"
ROASTED GARLIC JELLY RECIPE! - HEAVENLY SAVINGS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ROASTED GARLIC JELLY - MY RECIPE MAGIC
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ROASTED GARLIC JELLY | LOVE AND OLIVE OIL
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC | ALLRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
9 ROASTED GARLIC RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Whole Roasted Garlic. Making whole roasted garlic for adding to recipes, spreading on baguette slices, or using as a garnish is so easy, you'll wonder why you never did it before.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmesan Sauce. Recreate a popular sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings at home with this easy copycat recipe that features oven-roasted garlic, Parmesan cheese, seasoned mayonnaise, and plenty of fresh herbs.
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Oven-roasted garlic adds bold flavor to creamy mashed potatoes, making this recipe a fabulous side dish for meaty mains such as roast lamb, pork, or beef.
- Roasted Garlic Hummus. Hummus is a classic Mediterranean appetizer that makes a popular dip for crackers, pita, and raw vegetable sticks at any type of gathering.
- Roasted Garlic Aioli. Traditional aioli is a thick, garlicky olive oil dressing with a consistency similar to mayonnaise. This recipe uses roasted garlic instead of raw cloves for a gentler flavor.
- Mushroom Pizza With Roasted Garlic and Mint. Roasted garlic adds its mild, sweet flavor to homemade pizza in this recipe. It's easy to make with store-bought dough and lets you skip delivery.
- Vegan Roasted Garlic and Lemon Soup. This vegan roasted garlic soup is loaded with rich flavor and gets a lovely lift of brightness from fresh lemon juice.
- Roasted Garlic Bread for the Bread Machine. Use your bread machine to bake up this garlicky loaf. Oven-roasted garlic is combined with butter and added near the end of the last kneading cycle, producing tasty bread that you can serve alongside your favorite pasta dishes and other Italian entrees.
- Creamed Yuca (Cassava) With Roasted Garlic. Creamed yuca (also called cassava) is a popular Caribbean comfort food that makes a great alternative to mashed potatoes and the perfect side dish for serving alongside jerk chicken and other island-inspired meals.
HOME BY 28 COOKS: HOT PEPPER AND GARLIC JELLY
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ROASTED GARLIC AND WHITE WINE JELLY RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
1/5 Calories 689 per serving
JAMMIN’ WITH JAIME: CARAMELIZED ONION AND ROASTED GARLIC ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
USING IT: GARLIC, ONION AND PEPPER JELLY | ROBBING PETER
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GARLIC JELLY RECIPE | RECIPELAND
2.8/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsServings 5Calories 923 per serving
PEACEFUL COOKING: SAVORY JELLIES: GARLIC JELLY AND PEPPER ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH PARSNIPS AND CARROTS | DIETHOOD
BULLDOG PEPPER JELLY | THE JELLY WITH A BITE!
ROASTED GARLIC JELLY RECIPES
GARLIC JELLY - SAVEUR: AUTHENTIC RECIPES, FOOD, DRINKS ...
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED GARLIC JELLY | CANNING RECIPES, JELLY ...
ROASTED GARLIC JELLY - FARM BELL RECIPES
ROASTED GARLIC JELLY RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
BERNARDIN HOME CANNING: BECAUSE YOU CAN: ROASTED GARLIC JELLY
RED PEPPER & GARLIC JELLY - BERNARDIN HOME CANNING ...
GARLIC JELLY RECIPES
#time-to-make #course #preparation #jellies #appetizers #canning #condiments-etc #easy #technique #water-bath #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to make roasted garlic jelly?In a medium saucepan, combine garlic, wine, water, white balsamic vinegar, and peppercorns. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and boil gently for 5 minutes. Cover, remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes.
How do you make hot pepper garlic jelly?Put peppers, green pepper, garlic, vinegar and sugar in a large pot and mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Boil for 5- 6 minutes. Remove from heat and add Certo and stir.
How to make garlic jelly in a mason jar?Adjust the garlic intensity by choosing larger or smaller cloves of garlic. Place 3 clean 250 mason jars on a rack in a boiling water canner; cover jars with water and heat to a simmer (180°F/82°C). Set screw bands aside. Heat SNAP LID® sealing discs in hot water, not boiling (180°F/82°C). Keep jars and sealing discs hot until ready to use.
How to make Certo herbed garlic jelly at home?Mix wine, garlic, vinegar and rosemary in 6- or 8-qt. saucepot. Stir in sugar. Add butter to reduce foaming. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin.