ROASTED PEAR SALAD
You can roast just about any kind of pear, but for this recipe I prefer the smaller and harder Seckel pears. Once roasted, they'll soften and become surprisingly sweet and floral, a perfect contrast to the salty blue cheese and slightly bitter endive.
Provided by Food Network
Yield Serves 8
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For the pears, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl, drizzle the pears with the olive oil, sprinkle with the sugar and salt, and toss to coat well. Transfer the pears to a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the olive oil, pecan oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, and shallots in a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the salad, combine the endive leaves and bitter greens in a large serving bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat well. Wait until just before serving to top with the pears, blue cheese, and pecans.
ROASTED BEET, PEACH AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD
This salad is a bit of work, but it's so delicious and always impresses guests. Mache can be hard to find, so you may omit it and just use arugula, but it adds a great nutty flavor if you can find it.
Provided by Megancake
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Wrap each beet in two layers of aluminum foil, and place onto a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until the beets are tender, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Allow the beets to cool slightly, then remove the skins. Let the beets cool to room temperature, or refrigerate until cold. Once cooled, thinly slice the beets.
- Place the mache and arugula into a large mixing bowl. Add the sliced beets and peaches; sprinkle with the shallots, pistachios, and goat cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk together the walnut oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper until emulsified, and pour over the salad mixture. Toss well, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 691.2 calories, Carbohydrate 37.7 g, Cholesterol 44.8 mg, Fat 52.8 g, Fiber 7.7 g, Protein 23.2 g, SaturatedFat 15.2 g, Sodium 555.4 mg, Sugar 21.8 g
PEAR AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD
- In a small skillet, dry roasted pecans over medium heat for 1 to 5 minutes; stirring frequently. Finely chop.
- Meanwhile, arrange ½ cup salad greens on each of eight plates; set aside.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise. With a melon baler, remove seeds and make a small, round cavity in each pear half.
- Cut cheese into eight pieces; shape each into a ball. Roll in pecans and place one in each pear cavity. Arrange pears on lettuce.
- Pour vinegar into a small bowl; add sugar, whisking until dissolved.
- Add oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Drizzle evenly over pears; sprinkle with any remaining pecans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.6, Fat 6.4, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 5.6, Sodium 46.2, Carbohydrate 20.4, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 12.9, Protein 2.7
ROASTED-PEAR AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. To make the vinaigrette, combine the vinegars with the salt and pepper in a salad bowl. Slowly whisk in the pumpkinseed oil and then the canola oil. Adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- Place pears in a roasting pan that has been lightly sprayed with oil. Lightly spray the pears, and roast for 40 minutes, or until golden and nearly soft. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool slightly.
- To assemble the salad, place the pear quarters in the center of each of four plates. Toss the mesclun with the vinaigrette; then, add the goat cheese in small pinches and toss carefully. Surround the pears with the goat cheese salad. Sprinkle the toasted pumpkin seeds over the arrangement. Drizzle 1 tablespoon pumpkinseed oil over the pears, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 408, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 440 milligrams, Sugar 19 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BALSAMIC ROASTED PEAR WITH WARM GOAT CHEESE
- Pre-heat oven to 400º F.
- Melt butter in ovenproof baking dish.
- Arrange pears, cut-sides-down, in a layer of the butter and roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour balsamic vinegar over pears and roast 5 minutes longer.
- Remove pears from baking dish and arrange on serving plates.
- Add honey to the juices in the baking dish, stirring until melted and combined.
- Add the slices of goat cheese to the hot mixture and warm the cheese until just soft.
- With a spatula, place the warm goat cheese on the plates next to each pear and drizzle with the balsamic and honey sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302.3, Fat 14.3, SaturatedFat 9.5, Cholesterol 37.7, Sodium 151.8, Carbohydrate 39.8, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 34.4, Protein 6.7
EASY BEET, PEAR, AND GOAT-CHEESE SALAD
- In a medium bowl, whisk together juice, vinegar, oil, and mustard; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange beets and pears on four serving plates. Drizzle with dressing. Scatter cheese and nuts over, and season with more pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
GOAT'S CHEESE, PEAR & CANDIED PECAN SALAD
This extra-special vegetarian starter is bursting with contrasting flavours and textures, such as spiralized pear, crunchy roasted nuts and creamy cheese
Provided by James Martin
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and put the pecans on a non-stick baking sheet. Sprinkle over the sugar and maple syrup, and toss to combine. Roast for 5-7 mins until golden, then leave to cool completely before roughly chopping.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the ingredients and seasoning well. In a large bowl, combine the pear with the rocket, and toss with a little of the dressing.
- Just before serving, blowtorch or grill the goat's cheese rounds until golden. To serve, put the remaining dressing in a squeezy bottle and swirl around the edge of the plate. Put the pear and rocket salad in the middle, scatter over the nuts and top with the goat's cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487 calories, Fat 38 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 22 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
More about "roasted pear and goat cheese salad recipes"
PAN ROASTED PEAR AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD | RECIPE
Servings 6Category Salads
BEST ROASTED BEET GOAT CHEESE SALAD RECIPE - DELISH
EASY ROASTED PEAR SALAD - LITTLE BROKEN
THE MOST DELICIOUS ROASTED BEET AND PEAR SALAD - THE …
PEAR AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD | A WELL-SEASONED KITCHEN®
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
WARM PEANUT-CRUSTED GOAT CHEESE WITH ROASTED PEARS
NUGGET MARKETS ROASTED BEET, PEAR & GOAT CHEESE …
ROASTED PEAR AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD - HADIAS …
POACHED PEAR, MACADAMIA, & SPINACH SALAD & GOAT …
ROASTED PEAR SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE - (EASY RECIPE!) - FOOLPROOF …
5/5 (4)Total Time 45 minsCategory SaladCalories 238 per serving
GOAT CHEESE PEAR SALAD RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Hiro SoneDifficulty Easy
RECIPE: ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH PEARS AND GOAT CHEESE
ROASTED PEAR SALAD WITH ENDIVE, POMEGRANATE, BLUE CHEESE, AND …
ROASTED BEET SPINACH SALAD WITH PEAR & GOAT CHEESE | RECIPE
RED WINE POACHED PEAR SALAD | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
ROASTED PEAR, BLUE CHEESE & ARUGULA SALAD RECIPE
ROASTED BEET, APPLE, AND PEAR SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE, CHERRIES, …
BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE AND BALSAMIC RECIPE - LOVE AND …
ROASTED BEET SPINACH SALAD WITH PEAR & GOAT CHEESE
GOAT’S CHEESE & ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO CROSTINI RECIPE
ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD WITH PEARS - JAMIE GELLER
ROASTED PEAR SALAD - SIMPLYMADEEATS.COM
PEAR AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD - MEALS WITH MAGGIE
ROASTED PEAR WITH TOASTED GOAT CHEESE SALAD - HARVEST
POACHED PEAR AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD - LAYLITA'S RECIPES
ROASTED BEETROOT, PEAR & GOAT’S CHEESE SALAD WITH BASIL PESTO …
BAKED PEARS WITH HONEY WALNUT GOAT CHEESE - SUM OF YUM
ROASTED PEAR AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD · FAITHFUL WORKOUTS
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES AND PEARS - THERESCIPES.INFO
HONEY ROASTED PEAR SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE (ME) - URBAN SACRED …
ROASTED PEAR WALNUT GOAT CHEESE SALAD RECIPE - THE …
ROASTED PEAR SALAD - HUNGRY EVERYDAY
ROASTED SWEET POTATO, PEAR & POMEGRANATE SPINACH SALAD
SPINACH SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE AND HOMEMADE PEAR DRESSING
ROASTED PEAR SALAD - STUDIO DELICIOUS
PEAR AND GOAT CHEESE SPINACH SALAD - TASTES LOVELY
PEAR SALAD WITH BAKED GOAT CHEESE - COUNTRYSIDE CRAVINGS
ROASTED PEAR AND RASPBERRY SALAD – ROSEMARY AND THE GOAT
ROASTED PEAR & PECAN SALAD - THE SCHMIDTY WIFE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you put on a pear and Beet salad?This Amazing Pear and Beet Salad is fresh, zingy, and absolutely delicious. It's a perfect combination of crisp-tender pears, sweet roasted beets, mixed greens all tossed in a honey vinaigrette. In a large bowl add the roasted beets, spinach, pears, feta cheese and walnuts.
How do you make pears and cheese at home?Cut cheese into eight pieces; shape each into a ball. Roll in pecans and place one in each pear cavity. Arrange pears on lettuce. Pour vinegar into a small bowl; add sugar, whisking until dissolved. Add oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
How do you cook pears and lettuce together?Arrange pears on lettuce. Pour vinegar into a small bowl; add sugar, whisking until dissolved. Add oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
What kind of cheese goes with beets and pears?Other Cheese to Use: Pear and beets go ideally with strong cheeses. Instead of feta you can use gorgonzola, blue cheese, goat cheese or even shaved parmesan for a bit milder nutty flavor. Aged sharp cheddar will also work in this salad. Chop: Cut up the beets and pears to your desired size. I like to keep things all bite sized.