SAVORY ROSEMARY BREAD PUDDING
This is a very simple solution for the leftover bread and cheese from last night's party. Tossing the bread with olive oil before assembling the dish makes the top crunchy and very tasty--reminiscent of good, homemade croutons, which is exactly what it is.
Provided by Syd
Categories 100+ Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Eggs
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan, and cook onion and rosemary in oil until onion is soft.
- Toss bread cubes with olive oil and onions. Exact measurement of bread is not necessary. Place in a well oiled, deep sided, 9 inch square pan. Toss with 1/2 cheese, and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Beat together milk, cream, and eggs. Pour over bread in pan. It is fine that the bread sticks out of the custard.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until browned and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean (except for melted cheese).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.3 calories, Carbohydrate 15.3 g, Cholesterol 197.5 mg, Fat 24.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 12.1 g, Sodium 296.2 mg, Sugar 2.6 g
ALMOST-FAMOUS ROSEMARY BREAD
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 small loaves
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Stir the yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup warm water in a large bowl (or in the bowl of a stand mixer). Let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, the flour, 1 1/2 tablespoons rosemary, the fine salt and 3/4 cup warm water; stir with a wooden spoon (or with the dough hook if using a mixer) until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead, dusting lightly with flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. (Or knead with the dough hook on medium-high speed, adding a little flour if the dough sticks to the bowl, about 8 minutes.)
- Brush a large bowl with olive oil. Add the dough, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until more than doubled, about 2 hours.
- Brush 2 baking sheets with olive oil. Generously flour a work surface; turn the dough out onto the flour and divide into 4 pieces. Working with one piece at a time, sprinkle some flour on the dough, then fold the top and bottom portions into the middle. Fold in the sides to make a free-form square. Use a spatula to turn the dough over, then tuck the corners under to form a ball. Place seam-side down on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, putting 2 balls on each baking sheet. Let stand, uncovered, until more than doubled, about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the loaves 10 minutes; brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the kosher salt and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon rosemary. Continue baking until golden brown, about 10 more minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Serve with olive oil seasoned with pepper.
SLOW COOKER ROSEMARY BREAD RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: lukewarm water, sugar, active dry yeast, salt, olive oil, fresh rosemary, all-purpose flour
Provided by Gwenaelle Le Cochennec
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large bowl, mix together the water and sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and stir. Let sit for 15 minutes, until the surface is foamy.
- Add the salt, olive oil, and rosemary. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes, until it is no longer sticky.
- Set the dough in the middle of a piece of parchment paper large enough to line the slow cooker.
- Place the parchment paper with the dough in the slow cooker. Drape a kitchen towel over the top and cover with the lid. Set the slow cooker to warm and let the dough proof for about 30 minutes, until doubled in size. Check occasionally to make sure the dough is not cooking.
- Lift the parchment paper to remove the dough from the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour on a clean surface. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes, then shape it into a ball that will fit in the slow cooker.
- Place the dough back on the parchment paper and return to the slow cooker. Sprinkle the top with salt and rosemary.
- Cover the slow cooker with the towel and the lid and cook on high heat for 1½-2 hours, until the bread has a thick, dry, white crust, or a thermometer inserted in the loaf reaches 190°F (90°C).
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Using the parchment paper, transfer the bread to a baking sheet. Trim the excess parchment.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes, then slice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242 calories, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 0 grams
Serving rosemary bread with rosemary-flecked olive oil rather than butter is a nod to the Mediterranean diet, in which olive oil is the primary fat.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Breakfast & Brunch Recipes Bread Recipes
Yield Makes 2 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Stir together yeast and the warm water in the bowl of an electric mixer. Let stand until foamy, about 7 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water, the olive oil, sugar, salt, chopped rosemary, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, and the whole-wheat flour to bowl. Fit mixer with the dough hook; mix on low speed until dough comes together, about 1 minute. Raise speed to medium-high; mix until dough is smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl. Shape dough into a ball, and transfer to oiled bowl. Loosely cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise in a warm, draft-free spot until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough; let rest, covered, 15 minutes. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and divide in half.
- Roll one piece into an 11-inch-long loaf. Gently twist dough to create contours, then tuck ends underneath. Transfer to a baking sheet. Press half the rosemary leaves into loaf. Repeat with remaining piece of dough.
- Loosely cover baking sheet with plastic wrap, and let loaves rise slightly in a warm, draft-free spot 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dust loaves with remaining teaspoon all-purpose flour. Bake until golden, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 291 g
INDIVIDUAL GOAT CHEESE AND ROSEMARY BREAD PUDDINGS
Yield Serves 6 as a first course or side dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter six 1/2-cup ramekins.
- Discard crust from bread and tear enough bread into large pieces to measure 2 1/2 cups. Cut away rind from goat cheese, discarding it, and crumble cheese into 1/4-inch pieces. Mince rosemary leaves. In a food processor pulse bread in 2 batches until mostly coarse crumbs (there will be some fine crumbs). In a bowl toss together bread crumbs, goat cheese, and rosemary leaves.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, cream, milk, and salt and pepper to taste and stir in bread crumb mixture until combined well. Divide mixture evenly among ramekins. Put ramekins in a roasting pan and add enough hot water to pan to reach halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake puddings in middle of oven until puffed and golden, about 35 minutes. Transfer ramekins to a rack and cool puddings 10 minutes (puddings will sink as they cool). Serve puddings warm.
ROSEMARY BREAD PUDDING
Make and share this Rosemary Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Slice the bread and cut it into 1-inch cubes.
- There should be about 6-7 cups; if the bread is fresh, toast the cubes or leave them to dry out overnight on the counter.60.
- Add in the garlic and cook for a few more minutes, then pour in the sherry and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Let cool slightly before proceeding.
- Add the bread cubes to the onion mixture and gently stir to combine, then sprinkle with the rosemary.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, and stock together in a bowl, until smooth; stir in a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Smear a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with the butter, cover the bottom of the pan with the bread and onion mixture, then pour the custard over the bread.
- It should come up to the top of the bread; if not, add a splash of stock or cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Remove the pudding from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature while the oven preheats.
- Bake for 1 hour, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time.
- The top of the pudding should be golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.4, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 79.4, Sodium 199.8, Carbohydrate 17.1, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 2.2, Protein 4.8
More about "rose marys bread pudding recipes"
ROSEMARY OLIVE SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - BROMA BAKERY
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 8Total Time 1 hr 40 mins
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, melt the butter. Add in the leeks and rosemary and sauté, stirring frequently, until the leeks are lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Mix in leeks, olives, 2/3 of the gruyere cheese, and bread. Pour mixture into prepared ceramic dish, cover with plastic wrap, and place in fridge to sit for 30 minutes.
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING WITH ONION AND ROSEMARY …
Servings 9Total Time 1 hr 20 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 minCalories 392 per serving
NO KNEAD ROSEMARY BREAD RECIPE - DAMN DELICIOUS
YOTAM OTTOLENGHI'S RECIPE FOR RICOTTA AND ROSEMARY …
ROSEMARY OLIVE SAVORY BREAD PUDDING | RECIPE | SAVORY …
BACON & ROSEMARY BREAD PUDDING - THE NAPTIME CHEF
ROSEMARY SHRAGER'S BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING | SECRET …
ROSEMARY KOWALSKI'S BREAD PUDDING - SAN ANTONIO WOMAN …
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SAVORY MUSHROOM, LEEK AND ROSEMARY BREAD PUDDING RECIPE …
RECIPES - ROSEMARYCONLEY.COM
ROSEMARY OROZCO’S CINNAMON APPLE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - GREAT FOR LEFTOVERS | GREEDY GOURMET
EGGS RECIPE: SAVORY ROSEMARY BREAD PUDDING BY SYD – REDCIPES
ROSEMARY & PARMESAN SAVORY BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
MARY'S BREAD PUDDING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SAVORY ROSEMARY BREAD PUDDING - AUNT MILLIE'S
BEST BREAD PUDDING RECIPE — AMY ROSEN'S ELEVATED TAKE ON PB&J
ROSEMARY SHRAGER’S CLASSIC CHRISTMAS PUDDING - FOOD NETWORK
LEMONY ROSEMARY PINE NUT BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
MARY MAHONEY'S BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES®
ROSEMARY OLIVE SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - FONDANT ACADEMY
NEW RECIPE: ROSEMARY OROZCO’S CINNAMON APPLE BREAD PUDDING …
SAVORY PARMESAN BREAD PUDDING WITH BACON, KALE, AND ROSEMARY
RICOTTA & ROSEMARY BREAD PUDDING WITH TARTINE COUNTRY LOAF
CHOCOLATE AND ROSEMARY BREAD PUDDING – BERTOLLI OLIVE OIL
CARAMELIZED APPLE & ROSEMARY BREAD PUDDING — LESLEY STOWE SCOTT
SAVORY BREAD PUDDING - THE NOSHERY
ROSEMARY YORKSHIRE PUDDING | LE CREUSET® OFFICIAL SITE
ROSEMARY-GRUYERE BREAD PUDDING | FLAVORGASM - BLOGGER
ROSE MARY'S BREAD PUDDING | RECIPE | BREAD PUDDING, …
EASY CHOCOLATE ROSEMARY PUDDING RECIPE + VEGAN OPTION
BREAD PUDDING - BROMA BAKERY
PERSIMMON BREAD PUDDING WITH ROSEMARY CRèME ANGLAISE
BLUEBERRY-ROSEMARY BREAKFAST PUDDING - THE WASHINGTON POST
CAKES & PUDDINGS ARCHIVES - ROSEMARYCONLEY.COM
CRANBERRY-ROSEMARY BREAKFAST PUDDING | KING ARTHUR BAKING
8 SAVORY BREAD PUDDINGS THAT MAKE GREAT USE OF STALE …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love