CREAM OF FRESH ASPARAGUS SOUP II
- In a large saucepan, combine asparagus, chopped onion, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until asparagus is tender, about 12 minutes. Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Whisk in the remaining chicken broth, and increase the heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Stir in the asparagus puree and the milk.
- Put the sour cream in a small bowl, and stir in a ladleful of the hot soup. Add the sour cream mixture and the lemon juice to the soup. Stir while heating the soup to serving temperature, but don't allow it to boil. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.6 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 35.1 mg, Fat 13.4 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 6.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.2 g, Sodium 1100.8 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
Velvety asparagus soup, lovely green color, great with crunchy rolls. My friend gave me this recipe, it originally used chicken broth. When my daughter became vegetarian, I modified it with vegetable broth instead! It also doubles easily. This soup will tempt even asparagus haters!
Provided by Pyromommy
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Microwave onion and butter on HIGH for 2 minutes. Add asparagus, vegetable broth, garlic powder and white pepper. Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes. Puree in blender.
- Return mixture to microwave safe dish, stir in milk and microwave until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11.2 g, Cholesterol 18.3 mg, Fat 6.8 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 197.9 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
- Add the butter to a large saucepan over medium heat to melt. Once foaming and melted, add the shallots and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes, cook until fragrant, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in the flour and cook until blonde and pasty. Gradually pour in the chicken broth while stirring. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Add the asparagus and simmer until it's nice and tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in the half-and-half. Remove from the heat and use a stick blender to puree the soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Provided by Guy Fieri
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- For the soup: In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, bring the oil to medium heat. Add the shallot and salt and pepper to taste. Sweat until translucent, about 1 minute, being careful not to brown. Add the asparagus to the pot and sweat until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the peas and sweat another minute. Pour in the white wine and deglaze the pot. Add 5 cups water and continue simmering until crisp-tender, another 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Working in batches (and carefully as the liquid will be hot), puree the soup until smooth in a blender. In the last batch, add the baby spinach and puree; this will give the soup a vibrant green color. Strain back into the pot through a fine mesh sieve. Return to a simmer until slightly thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- For the Parmesan breadcrumbs: While the soup simmers, pulse the bread in a food processor until you have very coarse crumbs. Once processed, transfer the breadcrumbs to a medium mixing bowl. Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil. Toss with the thyme. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Transfer to a parchment-lined sheet tray. Using a grater, finely grate a few tablespoons of Parmesan over the breadcrumbs. Place into the oven and bake until golden and crispy, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- To serve: Ladle the soup into shallow serving bowls. Sprinkle evenly with a few teaspoons of Parmesan breadcrumbs and top with a dollop of creme fraiche. Garnish with chopped chives, cilantro leaves, a squeeze of a lime wedge and a splash of extra-virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; season with 2 teaspoons salt. Add asparagus tips and blanch until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath with a slotted spoon; reserve for topping. Add trimmings, 1/2 shallot and 1/2 clove garlic to the same pot and return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer the asparagus stock 20 to 25 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- In another saucepan, heat olive oil over medium. Add sliced shallot and chopped garlic and cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in potato and enough of the asparagus stock to cover the vegetables (about 1 cup), and simmer until the potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Strain remaining asparagus stock directly into saucepan with the potatoes. Add remaining asparagus and cook until tender and bright green, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Puree in a blender until completely smooth; remove 1 cup and reserve. Slowly stir in cream, and season to taste with salt and pepper; thin with reserved liquid as needed. Serve hot or chilled, topped with asparagus tips and a drizzle of oil.
easy to do and tasty
Provided by jul34es
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 0
- heat the butter in a medium pan and fry the shallots over a gentle heat until soft.add the potato,thyme and stock.bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until tender.
- cut off the asparagus tips and reserve.cut off and discard any woody stems from the asparagus,then cut the remaining stems into 4cm chunks and add to the stock with the wine.bring to the boil and simmer for about 8 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
- using a hand blender or liquidiser,puree the soup until smooth.steam the asparagus tips for 4-5 minutes,then add to the soup just before serving.pour into small bowls or cups with a swirl of cream and a grind of black pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are tender and just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped asparagus, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in broth and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; continue cooking until asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare and ice-water bath. Fill a medium saucepot with water and bring to a boil. Add salt, return to a boil, and add asparagus tips. Cook until just tender. Transfer asparagus tips to ice-water bath; let cool about 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- Remove from heat; add spinach. Using an immersion blender, puree soup while drizzling in remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Return to heat and cook until heated through; season with salt. Divide soup evenly between 4 bowls, garnish with asparagus tips, and serve immediately.
an easy Asparagus Soup recipe. This pretty, easy-to-make first-course soup is flavorful and creamy, yet is extremely low fat-it has only one tablespoon of butter and no cream at all (except for an optional sour cream garnish). Pour your favorite beer or a fruity white wine throughout the evening.
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add flour and stir 2 minutes. Gradually mix in canned chicken broth. Bring mixture to boil. Add asparagus pieces and summer savory and simmer until asparagus is very tender, about 25 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Drain asparagus, reserving cooking liquid. Puree asparagus in food processor. With machine running, Gradually add 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return mixture to saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. (Soup can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Bring soup to simmer. Ladle into bowls. Top with dollops of sour cream or yogurt, if desired.
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP
- Cut asparagus into 1 inch chunks.
- Place chicken broth in pot and add asparagus chunks.
- Bring to a boil and simmer five minutes until tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and saute shallots and garlic for five minutes.
- Add flour and cook for one minute.
- Add flour mixture to chicken broth and stir until thickened.
- Blend soup in blender until semi-smooth.
- Return to pan and add half& half, thyme, and pepper.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese until melted.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan until foaming. Fry the asparagus tips for a few mins to soften. Remove and set aside.
- Add the shallots, asparagus stalks and garlic, and cook for 5-10 mins until softened but still bright. Stir through the spinach, pour over the stock, bring to the boil, then blitz with a hand blender.
- Season generously and add hot water to loosen if needed. Ladle into bowls and scatter the asparagus tips over each. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with sourdough bread, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 101 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP I
- Melt butter or margarine in a heavy cooking pot. Add onions and chopped celery; saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in flour, mixing well. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not burn, or let it go lumpy. Add water, chicken broth, and chicken soup base; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil. Add diced potatoes and chopped asparagus. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in a food processor or blender in batches. Return to pot.
- Stir in half and half cream, soy sauce, and black and white pepper. Bring soup just to boil. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Cholesterol 14.1 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 2018.7 mg, Sugar 4.2 g
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP (CRèME D'ASPERGES)
This classic French soup is made with just six ingredients: butter, asparagus, onion, chicken stock, cream, and lemon juice.
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut tips from 12 asparagus 1 1/2 inches from top and halve tips lengthwise if thick. Reserve for garnish.
- Cut stalks and all remaining asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook onion in 2 tablespoons butter in a 4-quart heavy pot over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened. Add asparagus pieces and salt and pepper to taste, then cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add 5 cups broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While soup simmers, cook reserved asparagus tips in boiling salted water until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes, then drain.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender until smooth, transferring to a bowl (use caution when blending hot liquids), and return to pan. Stir in crème fraîche, then add more broth to thin soup to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Bring soup to a boil and whisk in remaining tablespoon butter.
- Add lemon juice and garnish with asparagus tips.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP
This soup is wonderful served hot or cold. Half & half or milk may be substituted for the cream if fat content is a concern, although it won't taste quite as good.
Provided by Millereg
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Soak and rinse asparagus.
- Remove top 1 inch of each spear, discard tough lower part, and reserve middle portion of stalks.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, over medium heat, sauté onion in butter for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add chicken stock, asparagus tips and stems, potato, celery, thyme, and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove asparagus tips and set aside.
- Place half of the soup at a time in a blender container.
- Cover and blend at high speed for 20 to 30 seconds or until very smooth.
- Pass through a fine sieve and return blended soup to saucepan.
- Add reserved asparagus tips and cream (or half and half, or milk) and heat thoroughly, or refrigerate to be served cold.
- Be sure to adjust the seasoning after you add the cream (or half& half, or milk), especially if you plan to serve it cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.1, Fat 21.9, SaturatedFat 13.3, Cholesterol 71.1, Sodium 99.2, Carbohydrate 20.8, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 3.5, Protein 8.9
FRESH ASPARAGUS SOUP
- Place asparagus and onion in a saucepan with 1/2 cup vegetable broth. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Reserve a few asparagus tips for garnish. Place remaining vegetable mixture in an electric blender and puree until smooth.
- Melt butter in the pan that was used for simmering the asparagus and onions. Stir while sprinkling flour, salt, and pepper into the butter. Do not let the flour brown. Allow the mixture to cook only 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth and increase the heat. Continue stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir the vegetable puree and milk into the saucepan. Whisk yogurt into the mixture, followed by lemon juice. Stir until heated through, then ladle into bowls. Garnish with reserved asparagus tips. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.3 calories, Carbohydrate 18.7 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 966.8 mg, Sugar 8.6 g
PAN-ROASTED ASPARAGUS SOUP
This simple soup can be ready in under an hour and takes full advantage of the flavor of asparagus by pan-roasting it before puréeing. Fresh tarragon takes it up a notch.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories soups and stews, appetizer
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Break off bottom part of each asparagus stalk, and discard. Coarsely chop the rest of stalks, leaving 12 or 16 of the flower ends whole. Put butter or oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. A minute later, add asparagus and tarragon, raise heat to high, and cook, stirring occasionally, until nicely browned, about 10 minutes. Remove whole flower ends; set aside.
- Add stock and some salt and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until asparagus is very tender, about 10 minutes. Cool at least a few minutes.
- Pour soup into a blender, in batches if necessary, and carefully purée. Return to pan, and, over medium-low heat, reheat gently. When soup is hot, adjust seasoning. Put 3 or 4 asparagus flower ends in each of 4 bowls; ladle in soup, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 399, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 30 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 741 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "asparagus soup recipes"
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
ASPARAGUS SOUP | SOUTHERN LIVING
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP (WITH MILK, NO CREAM) - WHERE IS MY SPOON
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
EASY ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ROASTED ASPARAGUS SOUP - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
ASPARAGUS SOUP (ARGENTEUIL) | RICARDO
EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - DELISH
OUR TOP 10 ASPARAGUS SOUPS OF ALL TIME I TASTE OF HOME
ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE [VEGETARIAN-FRIENDLY!]— THE MOM 100
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
ASPARAGUS SOUP | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
GRILLED ASPARAGUS - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ASPARAGUS SOUP | WILLIAMS SONOMA
CREAMLESS CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - AHEAD OF THYME
ASPARAGUS SOUP | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - BBC FOOD
EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - TASTING TABLE
ASPARAGUS SOUP - HUNGRY HEALTHY HAPPY
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP | SOUTHERN LIVING
10 BEST CANNED ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
KETO CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - LOW CARB YUM
HEALTHY ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPES | EATINGWELL
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - CULINARY HILL
BEST CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - HOW TO MAKE ASPARAGUS SOUP
10 BEST ASPARAGUS VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP | KITCHN
CREAMY ASPARAGUS PEA SOUP | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #soups-stews #vegetables #dietary #asparagus
You'll also love