GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY AND LEMON
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish, 9 by 13-inch. Add garlic, rosemary, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon zest and grill seasoning or salt and pepper to the dish. Toss and coat the chicken with all ingredients, then place in oven. Roast 20 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice to the dish and combine with pan juices. Return to oven and turn oven off. Let stand 5 minutes longer then remove chicken from the oven. Place baking dish on trivet and serve, spooning pan juices over the chicken pieces.
ROSEMARY-GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN AND GNOCCHI
The classic combination of chicken, potatoes, rosemary, garlic and lemon dazzles in this sheet-pan meal. Standing in for the potatoes are shelf-stable potato gnocchi, which offer many textures at once when roasted instead of boiled: pillowy-soft, crisp and chewy. Squeeze some lemon right onto the sheet pan, and as you scrape up the schmaltzy, garlicky bits, the juices and drippings glaze the gnocchi, leaving no drop of the chicken's renderings wasted. It's hard not to eat the gnocchi right from the pan, but if you can wait, serve everything alongside a green salad.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Categories dinner, weeknight, poultry, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Pat the chicken dry, then transfer to a sheet pan and season all over with 1½ teaspoons salt and a few grinds of pepper. In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic and rosemary with a fork. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil mixture and the gnocchi to the chicken. Toss with your hands to coat, massaging the garlic and rosemary into the chicken and gnocchi. Arrange the gnocchi in an even layer, and place the chicken skin side up on top of the gnocchi. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to plates and finely grate the zest of half the lemon over the chicken. Squeeze the juice of half the lemon onto the gnocchi (about 1½ tablespoons), then use a spoon to scrape up the browned bits on the sheet pan and toss the gnocchi in the lemon juice and pan drippings. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut the remaining lemon into wedges. Eat the chicken with the gnocchi and a lemon wedge for squeezing over.
ROSEMARY-GARLIC CHICKEN AND VEGGIES
I enjoy cooking, and this has become a signature entree. My wife asks me to make it once a week. It's a simple dish to prepare, and the colorful vegetables make it attractive. -Robert Dessell, Pensacola, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the peppers, onion and zucchini in a greased 1-qt. baking dish; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and toss to coat. , In a large skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil; place over vegetables. Top with garlic and rosemary. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 226 calories, Fat 15g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 31mg cholesterol, Sodium 32mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 13g protein.
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY
Herbs, garlic and butter give this hearty meal in one a classic flavor. It's a lot like pot roast, except it uses chicken instead of beef. -Isabel Zienkosky, Salt Lake City, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the seasonings and garlic. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; tie drumsticks together with kitchen string. Spoon half of the butter mixture over chicken. Place the potatoes, carrots and onions around chicken. Drizzle remaining butter mixture over vegetables. , Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Baste with cooking juices; bake 30-60 minutes longer, basting occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.), Let stand 10-15 minutes, tented with foil if necessary, before carving. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 449 calories, Fat 28g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 126mg cholesterol, Sodium 479mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken.
- Rinse chicken under cold water; pat dry.
- Trim excess fat.
- Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers and gently pushing fingers between skin and meat.
- Place rosemary and crushed garlic beneath skin of breast and drumsticks.
- Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under chicken.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a broiler pan.
- Cut a thin slice from end of each onion.
- Remove white papery skins from garlic heads (do not peel or separate cloves).
- Cut tops off garlic heads, leaving root end intact.
- Insert meat thermometer into meaty part of thigh, making sure not to touch bone.
- Bake at 450ºF for 30 minutes.
- Brush onions and garlic heads with olive oil.
- Arrange onions and garlic heads around chicken.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF, bake an additional 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 180ºF.
- Cover chicken loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes.
- Discard skin from chicken.
- Squeeze roasted heads of garlic to extract pulp; serve as a spread on French bread, if desired.
GORDON RAMSAY'S ROASTED CHICKEN WITH HERB GNOCCHI AND MUSHROOMS.
Make and share this Gordon Ramsay's Roasted Chicken With Herb Gnocchi and Mushrooms. recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Valerie Dalton
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 plates, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- 3 lbs large Idaho potatoes, a scant 2/3 cup (not quite 2/3 cup) of pasta flour, 2 eggs,3/4 to 1 cup of soft blue cheese,3 tbsp chopped mixed herbs (chervil, parsley, chives, basil),Salt and pepper,olive oil, to drizzle and fry.
- 1 tbsp butter Bake the potatoes in the oven until the skin is crisp on the outside and the potato is soft and fluffy in the middle. Scoop out the flesh then pass through a mouli until completely smooth and there are no lumps (a food mill would also work for this).
- Lay the potatoes out on the work surface and dust with flour. Mix together.
- Make a well in the middle of the potato and flour mix. Beat the eggs and cheese together and pour into the well. Gradually fold together the potato and flour mix into the wet ingredients then add the herbs and seasoning to taste.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and cool until firm. Shape the mixture into long sausages, about 1.5cm thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 2-3 cm lengths with the back of a knife so the ends are blunted a little.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the gnocchi. As soon as they float to the surface, give them another 30 seconds then fish out with a slotted spoon into a bowl of ice-cold water. Repeat with the rest. Drain then dry completely with kitchen paper or in a clean tea towel. Toss in a little olive oil.
- Heat some oil and the butter in a frying pan and brown the blanched gnocchi for a few minutes, turning them, until nicely caramelized all over.
- To cook chicken, 2 chickens (both chicken breasts, bone in),Small bunch of thyme,2 sprigs of rosemary, 1 bay leaf,1 head of garlic, halved horizontally,2 lemons, sliced,1 tsp white peppercorns,1 tsp coriander seeds,sea salt and black pepper,2 tbsp olive oil,2 tbsp butter.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a baking dish, combine all other ingredients and then add the chicken on top. Place in a 375ºF oven and roast for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish per plate, 2 baby carrots,1 salsify baton,1 baby leek, A few white mushrooms (or other seasonal variety), chopped, Olive oil, A few truffle slices, if available
- Blanch the carrots, parsnip and carrots in boiling water for 1-2 minutes then dip in ice and water bath to stop the cooking process. Then sauté them with the mushrooms in olive oil and check for seasoning.
- To serve, carve the breast meat from the bone and arrange the chicken with the herb gnocchi, pan-roasted baby carrots, leek, parsnip and mushrooms then scatter with a few slices of truffle, if available.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 759.4, Fat 32.7, SaturatedFat 14, Cholesterol 194, Sodium 520.4, Carbohydrate 87.2, Fiber 11.1, Sugar 3.2, Protein 34.5
EASY GARLIC AND ROSEMARY CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cover the chicken breasts with garlic, then sprinkle with rosemary, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until done and juices run clear (baking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 147 calories, Carbohydrate 3.7 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 2 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 27.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 78.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
GARLIC-ROSEMARY ROAST CHICKEN
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a roasting pan and rack with cooking spray. Combine rosemary, garlic and salt in a bowl. Remove giblets and neck from chicken and trim off all visible fat. Starting at the neck cavity, gently loosen skin from breasts and drumsticks; spread rosemary mixture evenly under skin. Tuck wing tips under back of chicken; tie ends of drumsticks together with twine. Season with additional salt and black pepper to taste; place breast side up in pan. Roast, basting twice with pan juices, until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh (and not touching bone) reads 175°F, about 1 3/4 hours. Let stand 10 minutes before carving. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon slices, if desired, and serve.
ROSEMARY-ROASTED CHICKEN AND GARLIC
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Run fingers under skin of chicken breasts to loosen; rub 1/2 teaspoon rosemary under skin of each. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in medium ovenproof skillet. Toss garlic, oil and remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary in small bowl to coat. Arrange garlic around chicken. Drizzle any remaining oil mixture over chicken.
- Roast chicken 15 minutes. Add broth to skillet. Continue to roast until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken and garlic to plates. Add wine to skillet; boil 1 minute to reduce pan juices slightly. Spoon pan juices over chicken and garlic.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMON, GARLIC, AND ROSEMARY
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Pat chicken dry and sprinkle salt on all sides and inside the cavity. Sprinkle with black pepper. Pluck the leaves from 1 spring of rosemary and sprinkle on the chicken. Place the other whole sprig inside the cavity along with garlic and lemon.
- Place the chicken on a roasting rack set inside a roasting pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4 g, Cholesterol 145.5 mg, Fat 25.8 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 46.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 1885.4 mg
More about "rosemary garlic roasted chicken and gnocchi recipes"
ROSEMARY CHICKEN GNOCCHI | BEV COOKS
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Heat the oil and 1 Tbs. butter in a large skillet over medium high. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and place them in the skillet, skin side down. Let sear for a good five minutes, then flip and sear another five. At this point, slice one lemon and arrange the lemon slices in the pan with the chicken. After the second five minutes, flip the chicken one more time, where it’s skin-side up again, and flip the lemon wedges, too. Move them around if they’re getting a little charred. But that’s good.
- Add the chicken stock and a good pinch of fresh rosemary leaves to the pan, and bring to a light boil. Let the chicken cook in the stock another three minutes, then add the gnocchi, making sure each gnocchi is nestled in the sauce. Also make sure not to pour the stock on top of the chicken, because we want that skin crispy, man! Cover and let cook 3-5 minutes, on a medium heat, or until the gnocchi is softened and soaking up the liquid. Add in that last Tbs. of butter and a good squeeze of lemon juice, and gently stir it all together.
- Transfer the pan to the broiler, if the skin needs some extra crisping. About five minutes is all she needs.
DONAL'S GARLIC & ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH GNOCCHI
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
ROASTED BABY CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY GNOCCHI RECIPE | …
GARLIC AND ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN - CREATE THE MOST ...
ROSEMARY-GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN AND GNOCCHI RECIPE - NYT ...
ROASTED GNOCCHI WITH LEMON GARLIC BROWN BUTTER - ONE GIRL ...
TESTING THE OVEN: GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN - THE ...
GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN - THE PEACH KITCHEN
ROSEMARY LEMON CHICKEN GNOCCHI | EASY CHICKEN DINNER …
ROAST CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY-GARLIC PASTE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY, GARLIC AND WHITE WINE ...
ROSEMARY GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN - LADY BEHIND THE CURTAIN
JUICIEST GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN - HUNGER THIRST PLAY
ROSEMARY GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
5-INGREDIENT GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS ...
GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN - COLD WEATHER COMFORT
GARLIC-ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROSEMARY GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
CARNATION® | ROSEMARY GARLIC CHICKEN
BEST GARLIC ROSEMARY CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GARLIC ...
ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
LEMON-ROSEMARY CHICKEN GNOCCHI | SUNKIST
GARLIC-ROSEMARY GNOCCHI W/ BROCCOLI (READY IN 10 MINUTES ...
GARLIC ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN - SIMPLY SO HEALTHY
GARLIC AND ROSEMARY ROASTED CHICKEN ⋆ TWO LUCKY SPOONS
GARLIC ROSEMARY CHICKEN THIGHS - WHAT'S IN THE PAN?
CHICKEN BAKED WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC - ANTONIO CARLUCCIO ...
CRISPY GNOCCHI WITH ROASTED PEPPERS, CHILLI, ROSEMARY AND ...
ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMON, GARLIC, & ROSEMARY | ITALIAN ...
ROASTED ROSEMARY CHICKEN AND POTATOES | MICHELE ROMANO RECIPES
TONE’S® ROSEMARY GARLIC BAKED GNOCCHI - THE REAL KITCHEN
GARLIC AND ROSEMARY CHICKEN RECIPE | MOY PARK CHICKEN
GARLIC-ROSEMARY ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
GARLIC ROSEMARY WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN - PEPPER DELIGHT
ROSEMARY GARLIC OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN - GOODIE GODMOTHER
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH GARLIC - COOKING CLASSY
SLOW-ROASTED ROSEMARY-AND-GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
You'll also love