OLD FASHIONED RAISIN PIE I
- Combine raisins and water in a small saucepan. Boil 5 minutes. Blend brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt together; add to hot raisins. Cook and stir until syrup is clear. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar and butter or margarine. Cool slightly.
- Turn filling into a pastry lined pan. Cover with top crust. Seal edges, and cut slits in the top crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408.8 calories, Carbohydrate 64.6 g, Cholesterol 3.8 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 324.7 mg, Sugar 34.9 g
RUM-RAISIN APPLE PIE
Throw a bit of a twist on your regular pie with a Rum-Raisin Apple Pie. Dark rum richness and a helping of raisins breathe new life into your everyday pie.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine brown sugar, spice and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Place crust in 9-inch pie plate as directed on package for one-crust filled pie. Place apples in large bowl. Add raisins, granulated sugar, rum, vanilla and remaining flour; mix lightly. Spoon into crust.
- Cut remaining butter into small pieces; place evenly over apples. Cover with crumb topping. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 30 min. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF; bake pie additional 30 min. or until apples are tender. Cool.
- Serve topped with COOL WHIP.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
RUM-RAISIN APPLE PIE
This is a third generation holiday pie. It always makes the house smell so warm and inviting. -Tonya Burkhard, Davis, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a small saucepan, combine raisins and rum. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 30 minutes., In a large bowl, combine the apples, raisin mixture and vanilla. Combine the brown sugar, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; sprinkle over fruit and toss lightly., Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling; dot with butter. Roll out remaining dough to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush milk over pastry; sprinkle with sugar., Place pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 30-40 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts :
JANETTE'S LIGHTER APPLE RUM RAISIN PIE
- To make the crust, sift the flour, baking soda, sugar, and cinnamon into a medium-size mixing bowl. Add the oil, yogurt, and vinegar and stir gently just until combined. Press the dough into a ball and divide in 1/2. Flatten each piece into a disk, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make the filling, put the raisins in a medium-size bowl and pierce them with a fork so they will soak up the rum flavoring. Add the water and rum extract and stir to combine. Let stand at least 1 hour. Drain and return raisins to the bowl. In a saucepan, combine apple juice, apples, lemon juice, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat until the mixture has thickened, about 3 minutes. Add raisins and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 piece of dough and fit it into a 9-inch pie plate. Add the filling. Roll out the remaining dough, fit it over the top of the pie, pinching the edges together to seal. Trim and crimp the edges. Pierce the top of the pie in a few places with a fork to make steam vents.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees F. then reduce the oven to 325 degrees F. and bake until apples are tender and crust is browned, about 45 minutes. Place on a rack to cool. Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319 calorie, Fat 8 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Fiber 3 grams
CHRISTINA'S APPLE RUM RAISIN PIE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- To make the crust: Sift the flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon into a medium-size mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, work the butter into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form. Mixing with a fork, add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, just until the dough holds together. Press the dough into a ball and divide in 1/2. Flatten each piece into a disk, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make the filling: Put the raisins in a medium-size bowl and pierce them with a fork so they will soak up the rum. Pour rum over raisins and let stand at least 1 hour. Strain, return raisins to the bowl and stir in pie filling. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 piece of dough and fit it into a 9-inch pie plate. Pour in the filling and sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Roll out the remaining dough, fit it over the top of the pie, pinching the edges together to seal. Trim and crimp the edges. Pierce the top of the pie in a few places with a fork to make steam vents.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then reduce oven to 325 degrees F. and bake until crust is browned, about 45 minutes. Place on a rack to cool. If using icing, heat it in the microwave just until melted, then drizzle over the pie. Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419 calorie, Fat 18 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Fiber 2 grams
More about "rum raisin apple pie recipes"
EASY APPLE PIE RECIPE WITH THE BEST RUM RAISIN FILLING ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 8-10Total Time 1 hr 45 mins
- In a small saucepan, combine the rum and raisins and bring them to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in 1 tbsp of rum extract (optional) and cover. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Take the apples and toss them with white and brown sugars, cinnamon and salt. Place the apples in a dutch oven and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until the apples are just tender but still hold their shape (about 10-12 minutes). Add 1 tbsp of cornstarch and stir until the sauce begins to thicken. If sauce seems too thin, add an additional tablespoon of cornstarch, stirring again to thicken sauce. Off heat, stir in the lemon juice and 1 tbsp of the rum raisin extract. Spread the apples until a rimmed baking sheet and allow them to cool completely for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the Pillsburry pie crusts from the fridge and allow them to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Unroll the one pie crust and roll it into a 13-inch round circle. Place the pie crust into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate, allowing the excess dough to hang over the edge. Fill the pie shell with the cooled apple mixture. Roll the other crust into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Slice dough into strips (if doing a lattice crust) or simply lay the crust over the apple pie filling. Pinch edges of the top and bottom crusts firmly together. Tuck overhand under itself and crimp dough around the edge of teh pie plate using your fingers. Cut slits into the top of the dough (if not using lattice pattern).
RUM RAISIN APPLE PIE RECIPE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
3.8/5 (80)Total Time 4 hrs 15 minsServings 8-10
THE ULTIMATE APPLE PIE RECIPE WITH A RUM RAISIN SAUCE ...
RUM RAISIN APPLE PIE | PARENTS
Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCalories 420 per serving
- In a large bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, brandy, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Stir until apples are evenly coated. Sprinkle in raisins and stir to combine.
- Spoon the apple mixture into pie crust. Cut remaining pie crust into 1-inch strips and weave in a criss-cross pattern over the filling. Fold ends under pie crust and crimp.
RUM RAISIN APPLE PIE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | RAISIN PIE ...
23 THANKSGIVING DESSERT RECIPES THAT AREN'T PIE - BROMA BAKERY
RUM PIE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
APPLE AND RAISIN PIE FILLING RECIPES BEST RECIPES AND ...
RUM RAISIN APPLE PIE – ANGIE'S OPEN RECIPE BOX
RUM RAISIN APPLE PIE JAM RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
PIE APPLE RUM RAISIN RECIPES
RUM RAISIN APPLE PIE RECIPES
RUM-RAISIN APPLE PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long to bake rum raisin apple pie?Cut 3 steam vents in top crust with a small sharp knife. Bake pie on hot baking sheet 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F and continue to bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbling, 45 to 50 minutes more.
How do you Make A Raisin Pie with rum?To make the filling: Put the raisins in a medium-size bowl and pierce them with a fork so they will soak up the rum. Pour rum over raisins and let stand at least 1 hour. Strain, return raisins to the bowl and stir in pie filling.
How do you make an old fashioned Raisin Pie?Combine raisins and water in a small saucepan. Boil 5 minutes. Blend brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt together; add to hot raisins. Cook and stir until syrup is clear. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar and butter or margarine. Cool slightly. Turn filling into a pastry lined pan. Cover with top crust.
What's the best way to cool an apple pie?Cool the apples: Once the apple pie filling is down, spread the apples on a rimmed baking dish to allow the apples to cool for about 30 minutes. Assemble the pie: If you are using premade pie crusts, remove them from the fridge and let them stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes.