- Place the shrimp shells and seafood stock in a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and reserve the stock. Add enough water to make 3 3/4 cups. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add the leeks and cook them for 10 minutes over medium-low heat, or until the leeks are tender but not browned. Add the garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add the cayenne pepper and shrimp and cook over medium to low heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the Cognac and cook for 1 minute, then the sherry and cook for 3 minutes longer. Transfer the shrimp and leeks to a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until coarsely pureed. In the same pot, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook over medium-low heat for 1 minute, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the half-and-half and cook, stirring with a whisk, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the pureed shrimp, the stock, tomato paste, salt, and pepper and heat gently until hot but not boiling. Season, to taste, and serve hot. ;
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and melt the butter into it. Then add the shrimp shells, the leeks, celery, carrots, 3 sprigs thyme, the bay leaf, orange zest, and tomato paste. Cook, stirring every now and then, until the shells are red and the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and carefully pour in the brandy. Ignite the brandy with a long kitchen match and let burn until the flame subsides. Return the pot to the heat, sprinkle in the flour, give it a stir, and cook for another 2 minutes. Now add water to cover and deglaze, scraping up all the browned bits on the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Immediately turn the heat down to low and gently simmer until the soup is reduced and thickened, 30 to 45 minutes. Strain into a clean pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the shrimp. Return the bisque to a simmer, add the shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes just to cook the shrimp through. Give the bisque a final taste for seasoning, pour it into warmed soup bowls and serve garnished with the orange zest and chives.
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE
This recipe calls for using the peels of the shrimp to make the rich and fragrant broth base of the soup, a purée rich with fennel and leeks and dotted with tiny plump morsels of shrimp.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large pot over high heat, cook shrimp shells in 1 tablespoon butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring frequently, until lightly browned in spots, about 3 minutes. Add wine and brandy and boil until most of the liquid is evaporated. Add 6 cups water, thyme and bay leaf and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Strain shrimp stock into a bowl, pressing on shells before discarding them.
- In same pot, melt 2 tablespoons butter with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add shrimp and sauté until they are pink, 2 to 4 minutes depending on size. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a bowl.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter to pot along with celery, leeks, garlic and fennel and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice, tomato paste, cayenne and remaining salt and sauté for 2 minutes. Add shrimp stock and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Set aside 4 to 6 nice-looking shrimp and stir remainder into bisque; let cook for 2 minutes. Working carefully and in batches, pour bisque into a blender and process to a smooth purée or pulse to a chunky mixture, as you like. (You may use an immersion blender to purée soup.) Return bisque to pot. Stir in the lemon juice and additional salt to taste. Reheat if necessary before serving. Garnish each bowl with a shrimp and a piece of fennel frond.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 246, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 492 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SHRIMP BISQUE II
Wonderful recipe that takes some time to prepare but is the best you'll have! You'll be able to impress your guests with a flambe at a point in the preparation. Adjust the seasonings to your taste.
Provided by AFGLEZ
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine 3/4 cup butter and flour. Cook, stirring, until flour taste disappears, about 7 minutes. Stir in seafood stock and season with salt and pepper. Simmer 15 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook shrimp shells and onion in 1/4 cup butter until onion is translucent. Stir in garlic, paprika and tomato paste and cook until brown. Stir in brandy and light it on fire. Let it simmer until reduced and thickened. Stir in reserved stock, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh or cheesecloth.
- Return strained mixture to a simmer in the saucepan. Pour in cream.
- Dice shrimp and cook until opaque in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir into soup and simmer 5 minutes. Season with pepper sauce, Worcestershire and Old Bay. Stir in sherry just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480.7 calories, Carbohydrate 16.3 g, Cholesterol 190.5 mg, Fat 38 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 15.1 g, SaturatedFat 22.9 g, Sodium 604.4 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
I enjoy both Cajun and Mexican cuisine, and this rich, elegant soup combines the best of both. I serve it with a crispy green salad and glass of white wine for a simple but very special meal.-Karen Harris, Castle Rock, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Stir in the water, cream, chili powder, bouillon, cumin and coriander; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. , Cut shrimp into bite-size pieces; add to soup. Simmer 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Gradually stir 1/2 cup hot soup into sour cream; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Heat through (do not boil). Garnish with cilantro, avocado and additional shrimp if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
- In saucepan, heat olive oil. Add red pepper and onion; saute on low heat until soft, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp, half-and-half, tomato sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add butter.
- Put 1/2 hot mixture in a blender and carefully process at high speed about 10 to 15 seconds, or until no large pieces remain. Transfer bisque into soup bowls.
- Repeat with remaining mixture. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.
- Optional garnishes: herbs and additional shrimp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152.6 calories, Carbohydrate 13.2 g, Cholesterol 66.3 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 12 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 235.1 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
CHEESY SHRIMP BISQUE
Create a simple and satisfying dish with our Cheesy Shrimp Bisque. It only takes 30 minutes to prepare and is sure to become one of your favorites.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 5 servings, 1 cup each.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook and stir celery in butter in 2-quart saucepan on medium heat until tender. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cream cheese and milk; cook until cream cheese is completely melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add VELVEETA, shrimp and wine; cook until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with dill weed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Fat 29 g, SaturatedFat 18 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 160 mg, Sodium 1010 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 7 g, Protein 19 g
More about "rustic shrimp bisque recipes"
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE - THE SPLENDID TABLE
RUSTIC SHRIMP TOASTS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SHRIMP BISQUE | EMERILS.COM
SQUASH AND SHRIMP BISQUE | RICARDO
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE - THE NEW YORK TIMES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
BEST SHRIMP BISQUE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES | ANNA OLSON
BEST INA GARTEN'S SHRIMP BISQUE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CREAMY SHRIMP BISQUE - CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE | RECIPE CART
SHRIMP BISQUE | TRADITIONAL SEAFOOD SOUP FROM LOUISIANA, UNITED …
THE MOST INCREDIBLE SHRIMP BISQUE - BIG TASTY BBQ
SHRIMP BISQUE (PLUS VIDEO) - IMMACULATE BITES
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASY SHRIMP BISQUE - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
BOURBON SHRIMP BISQUE - FOR THE PERFECT BITE
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CREAMY SHRIMP BISQUE WITH PANCETTA - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE RECIPE | RECIPE | SHRIMP BISQUE, BEAN SOUP …
SHRIMP BISQUE RECIPE - SEAFOOD BISQUE - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
EASY SHRIMP BISQUE - PAULA DEEN
SHRIMP BISQUE RECIPE: A CREAMY, FANCY SOUP WITH INTENSE FLAVORS
SHRIMP BISQUE | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE RECIPE
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE - DINING AND COOKING
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE RECIPE - NYT COOKING | SHRIMP BISQUE, …
SHRIMP BISQUE DELIGHTFUL TO EAT AND SERVE - LOVE FRENCH FOOD
CREAMY SHRIMP BISQUE - FEEDING THE FAMISHED
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE WITH FENNEL RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BEST SHRIMP BISQUE - 3 SCOOPS OF SUGAR
RECIPE - RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE - NYTIMES.COM
SHRIMP BISQUE - 40 APRONS
BEST SHRIMP BISQUE RECIPE EVER RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RUSTIC SHRIMP BISQUE - EM-I-LIS
INA GARTEN'S SHRIMP BISQUE - A HINT OF ROSEMARY
RICH & CREAMY SHRIMP BISQUE — ZESTFUL KITCHEN
RUSTIC-LOBSTER-BISQUE | RECIPE | BISQUE RECIPE, RECIPES, LOBSTER …
CREAMY SHRIMP BISQUE RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook shrimp bisque with rice?Stir in the rice, tomato paste, cayenne and remaining salt and sauté for 2 minutes. Add shrimp stock and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside 4 to 6 nice-looking shrimp and stir remainder into bisque; let cook for 2 minutes.
How do you make bisque at home?MAKE THE BISQUE: In a large, heavy Dutch oven or pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, carrots, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, about 6 minutes. Add the herbs, tomato paste, and brandy and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
How to cook shrimp in a crock pot?In a large pot over high heat, cook shrimp shells in 1 tablespoon butter and ¼ teaspoon salt, stirring frequently, until lightly browned in spots, about 3 minutes. Add wine and brandy and boil until most of the liquid is evaporated. Add 6 cups water, thyme and bay leaf and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
What is the best way to cook shrimp boil?Squeeze the lemon halves over the pot and add the lemon shells. Add the water, shrimp shells, peppercorns, thyme, bay leaves, and garlic and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour. Remove from the heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve, reserving the stock.