SAUTéED FAVA BEANS
- Gather the ingredients.
- Remove the fava beans from their pods. They usually have a stringier side; simply "unzip" them open by pulling that string off. Place the beans in a bowl and discard the pods.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add a generous amount of salt to make for very salty water, and blanch the beans for about 1 minute.
- Drain the fava beans and rinse with cold water to cool them off until they're cool enough to handle.
- Once easy to handle, squeeze each bean from the waxy whitish skin it's covered in. Remove the shells from all beans. Reserve the clean beans.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the fava beans. Cook, stirring frequently, until the favas are tender, or about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the fresh herbs if using and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283 kcal, Carbohydrate 45 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fiber 12 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 674 mg, Sugar 4 g, Fat 5 g, ServingSize 4-6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
20 WAYS TO USE FAVA BEANS
- Select your favorite recipe.
- Organize all the required ingredients.
- Prep a fava bean recipe in 30 minutes or less!
Nutrition Facts :
FRESH FAVA BEANS WITH HIBISCUS SALT AND MINT
When fava beans are in season and abundant, here's a quick way to prepare and serve them without having to remove the peel. Mint is a natural complement for favas, and subtle floral hibiscus salt is a perfect seasoning. Use leftover cooked favas in composed salads, like salade Nicoise.
Provided by Cazuela
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pulse hibiscus flowers in a spice grinder until finely ground. Pour into a small jar; add salt. Shake until blended.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Cook garlic slices until sizzling, about 30 seconds. Add fava beans and chicken stock; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until fava bean skins begin to wrinkle, about 6 minutes. Uncover and cook for 1 minute more.
- Transfer fava beans to a serving dish. Discard garlic. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil over fava beans. Garnish with hibiscus salt and mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450 calories, Carbohydrate 66.6 g, Fat 8.5 g, Fiber 28.4 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 465.1 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
DEEP-FRIED BROAD BEANS (FAVA BEANS)
I happened upon these in a local Asian grocery store and fell in love. My first batch was seasoned with cheese (sort of nachoish!) and the next, with garlic. This basic recipe hails from http://www.uktvfood.co.uk/ and I haven't tried it yet, therefore cook time is an estimate.
Provided by Sandi From CA
Yield 10 snack-sized servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or deep saucepan.
- Add the broad beans to the hot oil and fry until lightly coloured.
- Remove the fried beans using a slotted spoon. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Season with salt and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323.1, Fat 1, SaturatedFat 0.2, Sodium 2061.2, Carbohydrate 56.5, Fiber 16.8, Protein 24.9
MOROCCAN BROAD (FAVA) BEAN SALAD
- bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile pod the beans, put beans into boiling water and boil for 2 mins.
- drain and refresh under cold running water.
- slip off and discard the outer skin of the bean.
- put beans into heavy pan with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and paprika, cook gently over low heat for about 10 mins.
- season to taste with salt and pepper and leave to cool in the pan.
- tip beans into a serving bowl, scraping in all the juices from the pan, toss in the preserved lemon, coriander and olives.
SALTED FAVA (BROAD) BEANS
gorgeous little crunchy snacks, absolutely perfect for pre dinner nibbles and so morish. Also great in salads. Good way of using up garden glut.
Provided by easytiger-gb
Yield Makes Batch
Number Of Ingredients 0
- preheat oven to 180C
- steam beans for five minutes (or presoak dried beans overnight. drain and dunk in cold water to cool slightly
- add all the other ingredients to a bowl to make a thick batter. add the beans and stir to coat.
- spread evenly on a greased baking tin and bake for 35 minutes, turning half way through.
More about "salted fava broad beans recipes"
8 DELICIOUS WAYS TO USE SPRING FAVA BEANS - THE SPRUCE …
Occupation Food WriterPublished 2020-04-22Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Fava and Fennel Soup. Fava beans are found in nearly every cuisine, but their culinary roots lie deepest in the Mediterranean. This fava and fennel soup is a traditional dish from Sicily and has been enjoyed for thousands of years.
- Sautéed Fava Beans. If you take a minimalist approach to cooking, you know that often, fresh is best. This recipe for sautéed fava beans is easy to fall in love with, simply using double-shelled favas, a dab of butter, and optional seasonings like salt and fresh mint.
- Turkish Fava Bean Purée. If you’re fond of the renowned Turkish delight, think of this fava bean appetizer as the savory version. Its dense texture is well balanced by bright and tangy dill weed but by all means, don’t stop there—parsley, thyme, and rosemary also fair well.
- Dried Fava Bean Soup. This dried fava bean soup is worthy of second servings. The recipe uses double-shelled dried favas, so you won’t end up with the unwelcome lumps or bitter flavor that their outer shell can contribute.
- Fava Bean Stew. Hearty and warm, stews are one of the ultimate comfort foods. This fava bean stew is almost equal parts tomato, so it’s a great vegetarian alternative to the classic chili.
- Moroccan Fava Bean Dip. Street food is deeply integrated into Moroccan culture, especially amongst the bustling backdrops of cities like Marrakech and Fez.
- Roasted Rabbit and Fava Pesto. This dish is a true springtime anthem, characterized by fresh flavors and simple cooking methods. But possibly the best part about this recipe is the versatility of its fava bean pesto.
- Falafel with Fava Beans. Besides its delicious alliteration, falafel with fava beans is a delicious dish. Although the variety of falafel made from pure chickpeas is the most recognized in the west, this two bean falafel is commonly found in the Middle East.
SALTED ROASTED FAVA BEANS (BROAD BEANS) - NUTSTOP
FAVA BEANS WITH TOMATOES (EASY ITALIAN RECIPE)
ROASTED, SALTED FAVA BEANS - BY THE POUND - NUTS.COM
FAVA BEANS, 5 DIFFERENT WAYS TO COOK: EGYPT, IRAN, PERU
MARINATED FAVA BEANS - FEASTING AT HOME
10 BEST PORTUGUESE FAVA BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
FAVA BEAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST DRIED FAVA BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO COOK FAVA BEANS (EASY RECIPE) - GIVE RECIPE
HOW TO COOK DRIED FAVA BEANS: 13 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
PICKLED FAVA BEANS (BROAD BEANS): QUICK & EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES
HOW TO COOK BROAD BEANS (FAVA BEANS) - JO'S KITCHEN LARDER
HOW TO COOK AND SERVE FAVA BEANS - HARVEST TO TABLE
POTATO BROAD BEANS CURRY, FAVA BEANS RECIPE SOUTH INDIAN STYLE
PERSIAN FAVA BEANS (BROAD BEANS) RECIPE | BAGHALI POKHTEH
BROAD BEANS: PREP, COOKING + RECIPES - VEGGIE DESSERTS
BROAD BEANS WITH CHORIZO - OMAR ALLIBHOY - THE SPANISH CHEF
INTERESTING RECIPES OF BROAD BEANS - EASY RECIPES
LAMB AND FAVA BEANS - MIDDLE EASTERN STEW - TORI AVEY
GRILLED FAVA BEANS WITH MINT, LEMON ZEST, AND SUMAC
RECIPES WITH FAVA BEANS, , , AND CHIVES (PAGE 1) - FOODFERRET
MARINATED FAVA BEANS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
ELLIE'S SKINNY COOKBOOK : DRY-ROASTED BROAD BEANS - BLOGGER
BROAD BEAN FAVA – KITCHEN SECRETS – PRACTICAL RECIPES
ROASTED SALT AND VINEGAR BROAD BEAN SNACK – KAT THE FLEXI COOK
EASY ROASTED FAVA BEANS RECIPE - FEARLESS DINING
BROILED FAVA BEANS WITH DILL AND GARLIC SALT RECIPE
ROASTED FAVA BEANS - THE GREEK VEGAN
SPICED BROAD BEAN SNACK RECIPE - DELISHABLY
RECIPE OF PERFECT SALTED BROAD BEANS WITH IBERICO HAM …
SALT COD WITH FAVA BEANS RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
OVEN ROASTED BROAD BEANS (FAVA) CHIPS – GOURMET VEGAN
ROASTED FAVA BEANS RECIPE - SIP BITE GO
SPAGHETTI WITH FAVA BEANS RECIPE - GIULIANO HAZAN
FRESH BUTTERY FAVA BEANS / BROAD BEANS RECIPE / VIDEO - EAT …
FRESH FAVA BEAN AND PARMESAN SALAD - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
HEARTY FAVA BEAN STEW - BROAD BEAN STEW - SOURANDSWEETS
BROAD BEAN BRUSCHETTA (FAVA BEANS) - VEGGIE DESSERTS
You'll also love