CLASSIC CHICKEN POTPIE
A buttery crust is always a winner, but when it comes to potpie, it's what's inside that counts. Try this classic version; then explore these fresh filling ideas: Curried Chicken; Mushroom-Marjoram Chicken; Tomato-Corn Chicken.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the crust: In a food processor, pulse together flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons ice water. Pulse until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed (if necessary, add up to 2 tablespoons ice water); do not overmix.
- Form dough into a disk, wrap tightly in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, 1 hour or overnight (or freeze, up to 1 month).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make the filling: In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high. Add onion and carrots and cook until softened, 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add flour and stir to coat vegetables.
- Slowly add broth, whisking constantly until sauce is smooth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in peas. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in chicken and parsley. Pour filling into a 2-quart baking dish.
- On a floured work surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Place dough over dish and fold overhang inward while pinching to crimp edge. Cut vents in dough. Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling around edge, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 528 g, Fat 28 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 16 g
SARAH'S MINI CHICKEN POT PIES
These mini chicken pot pies are delicious comfort food, good for any occasion! You can also let these cool completely and refrigerate in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
Provided by sarah_7373
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and place on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat; add onion to the hot oil and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add peas, mushrooms, and carrots, followed by chicken broth. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and mixture thickens slightly, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Whisk flour and salt together in a medium bowl. Work butter into the mixture using your fingers, working quickly to prevent melting, until thoroughly mixed. Scoop mixture into a volcano-shaped cone with a well in the top. Pour in buttermilk. Bring dough together using a fork, trying to moisten all flour bits, until moist and shaggy.
- Take a ball of batter and smooth into one of the prepared muffin cups. Fill with chicken mixture. Repeat until all muffin cups are filled. Cover each with a rolled layer of dough, sealing sides to prevent filling from spilling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Continue to bake until crust is light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.3 calories, Carbohydrate 22.9 g, Cholesterol 63.2 mg, Fat 17.8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 11.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 312.2 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
EASY CHICKEN POTPIES
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in green beans and chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide filling among four 8-ounce ramekins. Roll out 1 sheet puff pastry and cut 4 rounds to fit ramekins. Cut a small X in center of each to vent, then place on top of filling. Brush with beaten egg. Bake at 375 degrees until filling is bubbling and crust is golden, 30 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274 g, Fat 13 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 20 g, SaturatedFat 7 g
SARAH'S CHICKEN POT PIE
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Open pie crusts and let sit out to soften.
- Spray pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl - mix soup, milk, honey, vegetables together.
- Unroll 1 crust into pie dish.
- Pour in mix.
- Unroll 2nd pie crust on top.
- Pinch edges together.
- Poke 5-8 knife marks in center of crusts.
- (brush top crust with a beaten egg white or spray the top crust with cooking spray).
- Bake at 350 for 75 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.
SARAH SHIPLEY'S CHICKEN POT PIE
This is a simple, yet delicious, comforting meal. I've had it forever and the whole family loves it. I usu. don't make it with the almonds and it still tastes fantastic! Takes just minutes to throw together if you buy the crust already made.
Provided by WI Cheesehead
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Toss cheese with flour.
- Combine cheese and almonds with turkey, celery, lemon juice, mayonnaise, poultry seasoning and salt. Mix well.
- If using refrigerated dough, follow mfg's directions. Line 8- or 9-inch pie plate with one of the pastry rounds. Fill with turkey mix. Top with second pastry round. Trim edges to 1/4-inch and crimp to seal. Flute as desired. Cut vents or decorative designs in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400°F 30 to 35 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.9, Fat 20.8, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 33.4, Sodium 315.2, Carbohydrate 18.8, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 2, Protein 14.5
CHICKEN POT PIES
- Prepare the pie crust according to the package directions. Divide it into 4 equal portions, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the chicken breast in a medium pot and cover with 5 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and add salt, to taste. (Reserve the legs and thighs for another use.)
- Simmer until the chicken is completely cooked through, skimming any fat that rises to the surface, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken, to a cutting board and when cool enough to handle remove the meat and dice into 1/2-inch cubes. Reserve the broth the chicken was cooked in. (Set aside 1/2 cup for another use.)
- In a medium pot heat the canola oil over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, carrots, salt and pepper, to taste, and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour, poultry seasoning, and thyme and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly pour in the reserved 4 1/2 cups of chicken broth, whisking to remove any lumps. Add the chicken and peas, bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. (Reserve 2 cups for another use.)
- Divide the remaining mixture between 4 (14-ounce) ramekins. (Alternately, the pot pie can be made in 1 (9-inch) pie pan.)
- Roll out the 4 pieces of pie dough to 1/4-inch thick rounds. Brush the edges of the ramekins with milk. Cover each ramekin with a piece of dough and press around the edges to seal. Cut a steam vent in the top of each piece of dough and brush with milk. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, about 40 to 45 minutes.
More about "sarahs chicken pot pie recipes"
VEGAN CHICKEN POT PIE - SARAH'S VEGAN KITCHEN
- Sauté mushrooms in vegan butter over medium-high heat until they have released all their water and shrunk, roughly 5-8 minutes.
- Add diced celery, onion and garlic and sauté for 3-5 more minutes, until they start to take on some color.
- Stir in frozen veggies and chickenless strips and sauté, stirring often until warmed through. Sprinkle with all-purpose flour and stir to coat. Pour in veggie broth and plant milk, and optional seasonings. Continue to cook until thickened.
CHICKEN POT PIE SKILLET RECIPE | SARA LEE BREAD
Servings 2-4Total Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 40 secs
WHOLE30 CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP: WHOLE30 CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP
3.8/5 (188)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
- To prepare your broth, simmer chopped baby gold potatoes in chicken broth for about 10 minutes, or until very soft.
- Transfer to a blender and blend on high with plain almond milk until very creamy and there are no lumps. Set aside to use in your soup later.
- In a large Dutch oven pot or soup pot, add ghee, avocado oil or coconut oil and bring to medium-low heat.
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
5/5 (158)Calories 460 per servingCategory Easy/Medium
- In a dutch oven or pot, melt 6 Tbsp butter. Add diced onions and carrots and saute 8 minutes over medium heat until soft.
- Add 1/3 cup flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock, and 1/2 cup heavy cream then bring to a simmer and cook 1 minute or until mixture is a thick gravy consistency. Add 2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, or season to taste. It should be well-seasoned.
- Add shredded cooked chicken, frozen peas, and 1/4 cup parsley. Stir to combine then remove from heat and cool slightly while you roll out the crusts. Roll 1 chilled pie crust disk into a 12” diameter circle. Carefully transfer it into a 9” pie dish. Spoon the pie filling over the bottom crust.
CHICKEN POT PIE (FREEZER RECIPE) | SIDETRACKED SARAH
Reviews 6Category Main DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 45 mins
- Top with second crust. Cut four slits in top crust, bake at 350 degrees for an hour, or until the top crust is light brown and bubbly inside.
CHICKEN POT PIES | TASTEMADE
- Melt the butter in a frying pan set to medium heat. Add the onions and celery and cook for 2 minutes. Add the salt, pepper and flour and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer until the stew thickens, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the potatoes, carrot, peas, corn, mushrooms and chicken. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired. Pour the stew into 8 ramekins.
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY – CHEF SARAH ELIZABETH
- Place the chopped potatoes in a medium sized pot, season with salt, and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil, add the carrots, and cook until just fork tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer the cooked potatoes and carrots to a large mixing bowl.
- In the same cooking pot, over medium heat, cook the mushrooms until they begin release juice. Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic.
HEALTHY AND LOW FAT CHICKEN POT PIE • SARAH KOSZYK
5/5 (2)Total Time 58 minsCategory EntreeCalories 210 per serving
SARAH'S CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CALORIES COSTCO CHICKEN POT PIE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
RECIPES | SARA MOULTON
SARAHS CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN POT PIE | CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE ...
CHICKEN POTPIES | SARAH CAREY EVERYDAY FOOD | KEEPRECIPES ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make chicken pot pie?Chicken Pot Pie is a classic one pot meal that can be made with different variations of your choice, Sarah Carey makes this comforting dish with fresh vegetables, chicken, and a fantastic buttery crust. Read the full recipe after the video. Make the crust: In a food processor, pulse together flour, sugar, and salt.
What is a pot pie made of?A pot pie is a savory pie filled with meat (usually chicken) and vegetables in a gravy-like sauce. Classic pot pies are made with a top and bottom pie crust. Pot Pies are an excellent way to re-purpose leftover cooked chicken, turkey, or even ham.
How do you cook a pot pie ahead of time?Cook's Notes. Roll your dough a couple inches larger than your dish: Folding it up and over, pinching as you go, forms a beautiful decorative edge. To make potpies ahead of time, let the filling cool, then assemble and freeze for up to 4 months. Bake at 425 degrees, 1 1/4 hours (1 hour for small pies).
How to cook puff pastry in a pot pie?Continue to cook until thickened. Transfer pot pie filling into pie or casserole pan. Cover with defrosted puff pastry sheet and tuck in along the edges of the pan. Cut a few vents in the pastry and brush with a bit of plant milk to encourage browning. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until pastry is puffed up and evenly golden brown.