Florentine is just the expression given to a dish paired with spinach, so you can have steak Florentine or chicken. I have listed this as fish Florentine rather than stating a particular kind, as I usually make this with sole, but I have made it with cod, and this time I made it with perch. The sauce I think works well with most kinds of firm white fish so take your pick and make your favourite.
Provided by The Flying Chef
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- You will want get the potatoes on first as these take the longest.
- In a medium bowl mix potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan with garlic cloves and cook in 200c oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve potatoes and garlic on the side and sprinkle with mint.
- For the Fish.
- In a saucepan bring some water to a boil and add spinach, for fresh cook until just wilted, for frozen cook until thawed, drain, let it cool and then squeeze excess liquid out.
- In a pan combine oil and butter and heat, add onions and cook until soft, add mushrooms and garlic, cook until mushrooms are slightly browned and soft set to one side.
- For the Sauce.
- Heat milk in a pan, add cayenne, nutmeg and paprika. When milk is almost boiling mix a little water with cornflour and pour into milk, stirring until mixture thickens.
- Add the cheeses, reserving the few tablespoons of Parmesan for the top, stir until melted.
- Poaching fish.
- In a large pan mix wine with herbs, add fish and poach for about 8 minutes until fish flakes but is not falling apart.
- Mix mushroom and onion mixture into spinach, spoon into the bottom of a casserole dish covering the bottom.
- Lay fish fillets on top of the spinach, Pour the sauce over fillets, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Grill until browned on top and bubbling.
- While I am grilling fish I put my potatoes over low heat on stove top to keep warm.
These Tuscan cookies are a Christmas classic. They're nutty, lacy and crisp, as well as deceptively simple to make. Drizzling them with chocolate turns them into the perfect holiday indulgence.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 5 dozen 3-inch Florentines, or 2 1/2 dozen 6-inch Florentine
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped, but not pasty. Stir together the nuts, flour, zest and salt in a large bowl.
- Put the sugar, cream, corn syrup and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling boil and sugar is completely dissolved. Continue to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, then pour mixture into almond mixture and stir just to combine. Set aside until cool enough to handle, 30 minutes.
- Scoop rounded teaspoons (for 3-inch cookies) or rounded tablespoons (for 6-inch cookies) of batter and roll into balls. Place on prepared baking sheet, leaving about 3 to 4 inches between each cookie since they spread.
- Bake 1 pan at a time, until the cookies are thin and an even golden brown color throughout, rotating pans halfway through baking time, about 10 to 11 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve.
- Optional chocolate topping: Put the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Bring a saucepan filled with 1 inch or so of water to a very low simmer; set the bowl over, but not touching, the water. Stir the chocolate occasionally until melted and smooth. (Alternatively, put the chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Melt at 50 percent power in the microwave until soft, about 1 minute. Stir, and continue heat until completely melted, about 1 to 2 minutes more.)
- For sandwiches: Drop about 1/2 teaspoon chocolate onto on the flat side of half of the cookies and press together with remaining halves. Return to rack and let chocolate set.
- For chocolate decor: Drizzle melted chocolate over Florentines as desired. Set aside at room temperature until chocolate is set.
CHICKEN WITH FLORENTINE SAUCE
Here is my very favorite chicken Florentine recipe. A creamy topping and pretty presentation make it elegant enough for company, but it's also fast to fix on busy weeknights! -Julie Fitzgerald, St Louis, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the Parmesan cheese, basil and oregano. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. , In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm. , In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Gradually add flour and salt; stir in milk and sherry or broth until blended. , Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach and pimientos; heat through. , Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream until blended. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 15g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 58mg cholesterol, Sodium 434mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
Made in a blender, this creamy spinach sauce flavored with Dijon mustard, green onions and garlic is delicious served warm with fish, chicken or pasta.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 2 cups or 8 servings, 1/4 cup each.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine all ingredients except peppers in medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat 3 to 5 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently. Cool slightly.
- Pour into food processor or blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- Add peppers; cook on low heat until heated through, stirring frequently. Serve warm spooned over hot cooked fish, chicken or pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 40, Fat 1 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
This was inspired by my favorite dish at Macaroni Grill. My favorite way to use this rich sauce is to add shrimp to the spinach/mushroom saute and serve over hot linguine. Crab meat and scallops are also wonderful in this!
Provided by Hippie2MARS
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Beat the egg yolks until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt the 2 T butter.
- Using a garlic press, add two cloves of the garlic into the skillet; add the mushrooms and the pine nuts.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and let it cook down, stirring occasionally until completely wilted.
- Stir in the lemon juice, and turn to low heat to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, add the 6 T butter to a larger skillet and press the remaining two cloves of garlic into that pan.
- Saute 2 minutes, then very slowly add the cream stirring constantly.
- Stir in the salt, nutmeg and bacon bits.
- Temper the eggs, then slowly stream them into the mixture, stirring to incorporate them into the sauce.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the spinach/mushroom mixture into the sauce.
- Mix lightly to coat the vegetables and pour all over hot pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 688.9, Fat 72.3, SaturatedFat 43, Cholesterol 318.5, Sodium 266.6, Carbohydrate 7.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 1.5, Protein 6.9
CREAMY RIGATONI FLORENTINE
Pan-roasted garlic adds heady savor to a rich and creamy basil-infused tomato sauce. Tender cubes of sauteed chicken and fresh, green spinach go for a quick simmer along with cooked rigatoni. Toss this marvelous meal with mozzarella cheese and serve.
Provided by Colleen
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute chicken until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate. Add mushrooms to skillet; saute until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Add garlic; saute until fragrant and golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir spaghetti sauce, half-and-half, and Italian seasoning into mushroom mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens, 10 to 15 minutes. Mix cooked chicken and spinach into sauce and cook until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir pasta into sauce and add mozzarella cheese; stir until cheese melts. Garnish dish with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 591.7 calories, Carbohydrate 58.6 g, Cholesterol 90.8 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 34.5 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 577.9 mg, Sugar 10.4 g
More about "sauce florentine recipes"
CHICKEN FLORENTINE PASTA RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Cuisine ItalianCategory Pasta, Main CourseServings 2Total Time 35 mins
- To cook pasta, bring pot of water to rolling boil. Season with salt. Cook pasta for 10-12 minutes or until just al-dente. Once cooked, drained. Set aside.
- Heat a large deep saute pan on medium heat. Add 2 teaspoon oil, and fresh spinach with generous pinch of salt. Work in 1-2 batches to saute fresh spinach until it is wilted. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Set aside.
- To cook chicken, wipe the skillet clean. Add 1 tbsp of oil and 1 tbsp of sun-dried tomato oil. Heat on medium heat. Season chicken thighs with generous sprinkle of salt and good coat of black pepper. Place in hot skillet. Cook each side until nice crust develops and chicken is cooked through. Take out in a plate and set aside. (See Note 2)
- To make florentine sauce, add remaining oil to pan. (No need to clean pan again) Add chopped onion. Saute until onions are soft (2 minutes) Add garlic, chopped sun-dried tomatoes with dried oregano. Saute for 1 minute. Don't let garlic burn. Add half-half (milk-cream) and chicken stock. Bring to boil, and simmer until sauce thickens. (3-4 minutes) Mix shredded cheese and chopped drained spinach. Stir to distribute quickly.
BACON FLORENTINE PASTA- SO CREAMY & ADDICTIVE - DIVAS CAN COOK
4.3/5 (6)Servings 5Cuisine ItalianCategory Main Course
CHICKEN FLORENTINE WITH WHITE WINE CREAM SAUCE - DAMN ...
4/5 (1)Category EntreeServings 6Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CLASSIC EGGS FLORENTINE RECIPE MADE EASY
4.3/5 (58)Total Time 12 minsCuisine British, AmericanCalories 826 per serving
10 BEST SPINACH FLORENTINE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
FISH FLORENTINE – THE BEST FISH RECIPE! - SKINNYTASTE
Ratings 359Calories 351 per servingCategory Dinner
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of butter, red bell pepper and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, half & half and parmesan cheese mix well until cream cheese is melted and resembles creamed spinach.
FLORENTINE SAUCE [VEGAN, GF] - CONTENTEDNESS COOKING
Reviews 8Category Pasta, SauceCuisine Vegan, Gluten Free, VegetarianTotal Time 13 mins
- First melt vegan butter in a small sauce pan. Add minced garlic and fry on medium hear for around 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cuisine cream, poultry seasoning, spinach and finally season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes more.
- Serve over your favorite pasta for easy 15 minute meals in no time or enjoy plain with some french bread.
CREAMY CHICKEN FLORENTINE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
5/5 (18)Total Time 30 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 546 per serving
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the chicken breasts. Cook the breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through and a light golden brown. Remove the chicken onto a plate.
- In the same pan, add garlic and saute for minute until fragrant. Add white wine to the pan and let it simmer and reduce for a few minutes. Stir the wine around so that any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan come off.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted while stirring occasionally. This will take about two minutes. Once the spinach has wilted, add cream cheese and heavy cream. Bring this to a gentle simmer, making sure that the cream cheese has completely melted and is mixed well.
KETO CHICKEN FLORENTINE - DELICIOUS LITTLE BITES
5/5 (10)Calories 550 per servingCategory Main Dish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge each piece in the almond flour to coat both sides.
- Return the pan to the stovetop on medium heat. Add the 2 tablespoons of butter, the shallot, and the garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes until softened.
SALMON FLORENTINE RECIPE - HEALTHY AND EASY SALMON DINNER
Ratings 59Calories 713 per servingCategory Dinner
- Bake for 13-18 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of your salmon piece. (Take salmon out once cooked.)
CHICKEN FLORENTINE RECIPE - SIMPLE, EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPE
Ratings 1Calories 544 per servingCategory Main Course
- take the two chicken breasts and slice them so that you get manageable pieces.If the chicken is thicker than 1/2" then pound it with a meat mallet or slice it through the thickness of the chicken so you end up with a total of 8 pieces.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to the pan that you just saute the chicken in.Add the shallots and garlic; saute until the shallots are softening.
EGGS FLORENTINE RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
5/5 (6)Calories 477 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Heat water. Fill the pot with about 3 inches of water. Heat the water until it starts to steam and bubble (just before boiling point).
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, pour in the heavy cream, and let the mixture simmer for a couple minutes until is starts to thicken slightly.
- Toast the english muffin and lightly butter it. Layer spinach on top of the english muffin and place egg on top of spinach. Top with hollandaise sauce.
EGGS FLORENTINE WITH SMOKY MORNAY SAUCE RECIPE - JUSTIN ...
4/5 Category Breakfast & Brunch Recipes, EggsServings 2Total Time 40 mins
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Stir in the flour to make a paste. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth and simmer, whisking, until the sauce thickens. Reduce the heat to low and cook, whisking, until no floury taste remains, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the Gruyère and pimentón. Season the Mornay sauce with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in the olive oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook over moderately high until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook over moderately high heat, tossing occasionally, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large, deep skillet of water to a simmer. Crack the eggs into the skillet and simmer over moderately low heat until the whites are set and the yolks are runny, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the poached eggs to a plate; blot dry with paper towels.
- Arrange 2 English muffin halves on each plate. Mound the spinach on the English muffins and top with the poached eggs. Spoon the Mornay sauce over the eggs and garnish with the chives. Serve right away.
CHICKEN WITH FLORENTINE SAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Servings 6Total Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 223 per serving
SUPER CREAMY CHICKEN FLORENTINE RECIPE - BROKE FOODIES
SIDE DISHES FOR CHICKEN FLORENTINE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
10 BEST CHICKEN FLORENTINE SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
OYSTERS FLORENTINE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
CREAMY CHICKEN FLORENTINE RECIPE - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
CREAMY CHICKEN FLORENTINE (LOW CARB!) - THE BIG MAN'S WORLD
EASY & CREAMY CHICKEN FLORENTINE SKILLET RECIPE - COOKIN ...
SAUCE FLORENTINE RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make chicken Florentine sauce?The chicken florentine sauce is simple. I like to add some garlic and once that’s sauteed for a minute or two, the pan is deglazed with white wine. Simmer the white wine down and add the spinach.
How to cook chicken Florentine with spinach?Plate the chicken florentine Add the freshly cooked spinach to a plate. You want to create a bed for the chicken breast. Add the chicken breast over the spinach and top it with some of the delicious cheese pan sauce that you made. Add some fresh garlic toast and you have yourself a dish!
What is chicken Florentine pasta made of?The nostalgic buffet-favorite Chicken Florentine, easy to prepare at home, as complete meal, with bowtie pasta coated in flavorful saucy Chicken Florentine sauce. Chicken Florentine Pasta, an easy creamy chicken and pasta dinner recipe with bowtie pasta coated in lightened-up fresh spinach Florentine Sauce and black pepper chicken.
How to make hollandaise sauce Florentine?Eggs Florentine. The ingredients for Hollandaise sauce are butter, egg yolks, lime juice, heavy cream, and salt and pepper. Start by melting the butter in a sauce pan. Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks in separate bowl and add in the lime juice, heavy cream, and salt and pepper.