Need a different pizza flavoring for a get-together, try sauerkraut! It makes such a delicious combination.-The Fremont Company
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Press pizza dough onto a lightly greased 14-in. round pizza pan. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes; set aside. , In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, 1 teaspoon fennel seed, oregano, basil and garlic until the sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. , Sprinkle crust with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Spread with pizza sauce, sausage mixture, tomatoes, sauerkraut and remaining fennel seed and mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. , Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 472 calories, Fat 25g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 59mg cholesterol, Sodium 1727mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 21g protein.
SAUERKRAUT KRAUT PIZZA
Kraut Cuisine is nice little cookbook put out by the Fremont Kraut Company located in Fremont Ohio. Free for the asking, I think!
Provided by Timothy H.
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 450. Saute' sausage with the onion, 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, oregano, basil and garlic. On the pizza crust spread a thin layer of mozzarella and a layer remaining items in this order, pizza sauce,sausage, diced tomatoes and kraut.
- Sprinkle remaining fennel seed over kraut, top with remaining mozzarella and sprinkle with parmeasan. Salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
PIZZA WITH SAUSAGE, SAUERKRAUT & SWISS CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and caraway seeds and sauté until onion just begins to brown, about 7 minutes. Transfer onion mixture to large bowl. Mix in sauerkraut and 1 tablespoon sauerkraut juice. Cool to lukewarm, then mix in cheese. Season generously with pepper.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Spread with Dijon mustard and top with sausage, then sauerkraut mixture.
- Bake pizza until cheese melts, topping begins to brown and crust is crisp, about 15 minutes. Transfer pizza to work surface; cut into wedges and serve.
EASY HOMEMADE SAUERKRAUT
Sauerkraut has been a staple for hundreds of years. This is great on its own or as a topper for a variety of foods. Refrigerate or freeze sauerkraut once it is fermented.
Provided by Ellie
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Mix cabbage, onion, sea salt, and garlic together in a bowl. Firmly pack mixture into a large, clean, food-grade plastic bucket. The cabbage will start to make its own brine as the salt starts to draw out the water of the cabbage.
- Fill a large, clean, food-grade plastic bag with water and place over the salted cabbage mixture so none of the cabbage is exposed to air.
- Allow cabbage to ferment in a cool, dry place, 1 to 4 weeks (depending on how tangy you like your sauerkraut). The temperature of the room you ferment the sauerkraut in should not rise above 70 degrees F (21 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 28 calories, Carbohydrate 6.5 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 1.3 g, Sodium 677.8 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
KIELBASA AND SAUERKRAUT PIZZA
Dinner ready in just 20 minutes! Three steps are all you need to bake this delicious pizza that's topped with kielbasa sausage and sauerkraut.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Place pizza crust on ungreased cookie sheet. Spread with Dijon-mayonnaise blend. Top with sauerkraut, sausage, onions and cheese.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400, Carbohydrate 54 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving, Sodium 940 mg
More about "sauerkraut kraut pizza recipes"
EASY SAUERKRAUT PIZZA RECIPE & CUSTOMIZATION IDEAS
5/5 (3)Category Cooking Tips And How TosCuisine AmericanCalories 612 per serving
10 BEST SAUERKRAUT PIZZA RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE SAUERKRAUT - THE PIONEER WOMAN
SAUERKRAUT AND TOMATOES RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUERKRAUT AND MEATBALL PIZZA - PALATABLE PASTIME
SAUERKRAUT PIZZA - JAKE & AMOS
RECIPES WITH SAUERKRAUT | SAUERKRAUT PANCAKES | WILDBRINE
HOW TO COOK CANNED SAUERKRAUT? RECIPE READY IN 10 MINUTES
WHAT TO DO WITH SAUERKRAUT: 37 AMAZING RECIPES
DON’T KNOCK IT TIL YA TRY IT CANADIAN BACON & SAUERKRAUT …
RECIPES FOR SAUERKRAUT KRAUT PIZZA
RECIPE: SAUSAGE & SAUERKRAUT PIZZA | KITCHN
SALAD WITH SAUERKRAUT - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUERKRAUT PIZZA | RECIPE | PIZZA RECIPES HOMEMADE, SAURKRAUT …
40 RECIPES THAT USE SAUERKRAUT - TASTE OF HOME
RECIPE | SAUERKRAUT, RECIPES, PIZZA FLAVORS - PINTEREST
21 WAYS YOU CAN USE SAUERKRAUT IN A RECIPE - MY FERMENTED FOODS
QUICK AND EASY SAUERKRAUT PASTA - HEARTFUL TABLE
35 SAUERKRAUT PIZZA RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
POLISH SAUSAGE & SAUERKRAUT PIZZA - ANDREW ZIMMERN
QUICK BRATWURST PIZZA - A SPRINKLE AND A SPLASH
POLYNESIAN KRAUT PIZZA - FRANK'S KRAUT
13 USES FOR HOMEMADE SAUERKRAUT | ALLRECIPES
CANADIAN BACON, PINEAPPLE, AND SAUERKRAUT PIZZA - WHIP ... - WHIP …
SAUERKRAUT AND SAUSAGE PIZZA RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
SAUERKRAUT PIZZA - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RECIPE FOR SAUERKRAUT PIZZA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BOTERMAN’S GRILLED SAUSAGE AND KRAUT PIZZA - FRANK'S KRAUT
SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT PIZZA RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUERKRAUT AND KIELBASA PIZZA RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
10 BEST SAUERKRAUT PIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHEDDAR-KRAUT PIZZA RECIPE IS DELICIOUSLY UNIQUE
SALMON AND SAUERKRAUT - THERESCIPES.INFO
POLISH SAUERKRAUT AND PICKLE PIZZA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO COOK SAUERKRAUT (TIPS AND RECIPES)
SAUERKRAUT AND SUMMER SAUSAGE PIZZA - FARM FRESH FEASTS
KRAUT DOG RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
SAUERKRAUT PIZZA - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY SAUERKRAUT RECIPE (JUST 2 INGREDIENTS!) | ELIZABETH RIDER
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #american #easy #pizza #comfort-food #midwestern #taste-mood #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can I use sauerkraut for pizza dough?TIP: Every time when you use sauerkraut in recipes try to reserve the sauerkraut juice – it has valuable health benefits and can be used in a variety of ways. Step 1. Make the pizza dough (or use store bought) and roll it out according to your preference for crust thickness. We prefer a thin crust. The size of the pizza and its shape are up to you.
What are some good recipes to make with sauerkraut?Mix ground beef, apple sauce, bread crumbs, onion, egg, and salt, and pepper. Shape into patties and brown on a skillet. Add sauerkraut (drained) and cover and simmer for a few minutes. This is an American recipe with just four ingredients. Rinse and drain a pound of sauerkraut. Spread half a pound of it in a Dutch oven.
How to use sauerkraut for weight loss?You could also enhance your sauerkraut by adding shredded carrots or apple slices. Moreover, you can add the sauerkraut to all your other recipes like soups, stews, sandwiches, (and even smoothies, cookies and desserts) to make healthy, delicious and wholesome meals.
What temperature do you cook sauerkraut in the oven?Layer the rest of the ingredients – the drained sauerkraut, then the sauteed onion and thyme, the bacon and the cheese (optional). Bake at 425 – 450 F.