SAUSAGE & MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Guests For Breakfast?This easy casserole serves a crowd of 10 to 12.Relax with friends while your entire breakfast bakes in one dish.I found this on a recipe card for meat dishes at Walmart!
Provided by Rhonda O
Yield 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In skillet cook sausage until no longer pink;drain off excess fat.
- Add mushrooms, cook until tender.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Layer sausage mixture over bread.
- Top with cheese and Green OnionSTEP 2 ANOTHER VERSION!
- Combine eggs, milk, sour cream and pepper; pour evenly over layers in casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hrs!
- Preheat oven to 325Bake uncovered 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
SAUSAGE-MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
This breakfast casserole is fabulous - the cream of mushroom soup and sausage cooks up to taste like sausage gravy. I've never had so many compliments on a breakfast casserole before! This is best when prepared the night before and baked the next morning.
Provided by Amy in KC
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- The night before baking, prepare the casserole and the next morning prepare the topping and bake.
- Place torn bread in 9x13 baking dish. Top bread with browned and drained sausage and mushrooms. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the sausage and bread.
- Mix 2 cups milk, eggs, and mustard. Pour egg mixture over the cheese and sausage.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before baking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the 10 3/4 oz can of cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 cup milk and pour over the casserole before baking.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours in 350 degree oven.
SPINACH, MUSHROOM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
This hearty meatless breakfast casserole is a great way to use up stale bread. The cubes on top bake into a delicious crunchy crust that just might be the best part! The whole thing can be assembled the night before and popped into the oven in the morning.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Grease a 9-by-13-inch (3-quart) casserole dish with oil.
- Toss the bread cubes with 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bread to the skillet, and cook, tossing occasionally, until toasted and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Return the toasted bread to the bowl to cool.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until it starts to shimmer. Add the mushrooms in one layer (resist the urge to stir right away), and cook until they start to brown, about 3 minutes; stir, then continue to brown for 2 minutes more. Add the garlic, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt and some pepper, stir continuously for 1 minute, then fold in the spinach and another 1/4 teaspoon salt. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the spinach is wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place half the bread cubes in the prepared casserole dish, and sprinkle them with half each of the Gruyere and Parmesan. Add the mushroom-spinach mixture in an even layer. Top with the remaining bread cubes, Gruyere and Parmesan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the casserole dish. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours up to overnight. Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the casserole until the custard is set and the top is golden brown, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving warm or at room temperature.
MUSHROOM SAUSAGE STRATA
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the sausage, mushrooms and cheeses. , In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over the cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight., Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. , Freeze option: After assembling, cover and freeze strata. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake strata as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Fat 19g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 170mg cholesterol, Sodium 491mg sodium, Carbohydrate 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 14g protein.
SAUSAGE HASHBROWN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Hash browns, sausage, eggs, and cheese. What's not to love? It can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready. Great to share at work, for an overnight guest, and Christmas morning!
Provided by cathyalf
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch dish with cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain fat and transfer to a bowl.
- Cook and stir hash browns to the same skillet until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Place hash browns in the baking dish; top with sausage, shredded Cheddar cheese, and green chile peppers.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder in a bowl. Pour over hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven until bubbly and the top is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480.5 calories, Carbohydrate 20.7 g, Cholesterol 228.3 mg, Fat 37.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 26.6 g, SaturatedFat 15.5 g, Sodium 1516.1 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
BREAKFAST SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir the sausage in the hot skillet until crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread the bread cubes into the prepared dish; sprinkle the browned sausage and Cheddar cheese overtop.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until smooth; add the salt, mustard powder, and 2 cups of milk and whisk until evenly blended. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Whisk together the cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup milk; pour over the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm and golden brown, about 1 1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 451.4 calories, Carbohydrate 16.2 g, Cholesterol 189.9 mg, Fat 31.5 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 25.3 g, SaturatedFat 15.2 g, Sodium 1201.9 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
SAUSAGE-MUSHROOM BREAKFAST BAKE
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. , Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with 2 cups sausage mixture and half of the cheese and tomatoes. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over bread mixture., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307 calories, Fat 20g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 219mg cholesterol, Sodium 549mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
Traditionally made by my stepmother, Sue, for New Year's Day brunch, this is a wonderful make-ahead dish. It can be prepared with canned cream of mushroom soup or leftover homemade cream of mushroom soup, and you can substitute various kinds of sausage, according to your taste. Serve with Mimosas (pages 246-247) or Bloody Marys (page 245).
Yield serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook the sausage in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Turn it a couple of times so that it browns evenly. Remove the sausage from the skillet and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Lightly butter a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan. Pour the bread cubes over the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle evenly with the sausage and Cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and dry mustard in a large bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator, uncover, and pour the mushroom soup mixture over the casserole.
- Bake the casserole, uncovered, for about 1 1/2 hours or until fairly firm inside and lightly golden on top. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
More about "sausage mushroom breakfast casserole recipes"
SAUSAGE-MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
Category Diabetic High-Protein Breakfast RecipesCalories 285 per servingTotal Time 3 hrs 25 mins
- In a large skillet heat oil. Add mushrooms, sweet pepper and onion to skillet; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until just tender, stirring frequently.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange half the bread cubes in an even layer in prepared dish. Top with half the sausage, half the mushroom mixture and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk and oregano. Slowly pour over the layered mixture in dish. Press down lightly with the back of a large spoon. Cover and chill for 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake casserole, uncovered, about 50 minutes or until nearly set and lightly browned on top (may see some liquid egg in center of casserole). Let stand 10 minutes before serving (egg mixture will set upon standing). Cut into 6 pieces.
10 BEST SAUSAGE MUSHROOM CASSEROLE RECIPES - YUMMLY
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM AND SPINACH BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE
SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - GOOD DINNER MOM
SAUSAGE & MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
SAUSAGE-MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SAUSAGE LEEK & MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - TNN
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - REAL FOOD BY DAD
SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - CREATE THE MOST …
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - THE ROASTED ROOT
MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - HEAVENLY HOME COOKING
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM BREAKFAST BAKE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CHEESY MUSHROOM & SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE | RECIPES | PBS …
10 BEST SAUSAGE CREAM OF MUSHROOM CASSEROLE RECIPES - YUMMLY
SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
BREAKFAST STRATA WITH SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOMS - SKINNYTASTE
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - KISS IN THE KITCHEN
SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
17 BEST SAUSAGE CASSEROLES - INSANELY GOOD
ITALIAN SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - CASSEROLE RECIPES
HASH BROWN CASSEROLE WITH EGGS, SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOMS
SAUSAGE, MUSHROOM, AND SWISS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
LOW CARB MUSHROOM CASSEROLE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
SAUSAGE, MUSHROOM AND KALE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
SAUSAGE MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MUSHROOM SAUSAGE EGG BAKE (EGG CASSEROLE) - DELISH STUDIO
FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - SEARCHING FOR SPICE
SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
EASY CROCKPOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
EASY – SAUSAGE AND MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE FOR 2
SAUSAGE EGG MUSHROOM BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - ALL INFORMATION …
OVERNIGHT SAUSAGE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE - TASTE AND TELL
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #breakfast #casseroles #main-dish #eggs-dairy #oven #cheese #eggs #one-dish-meal #brunch #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love