SWEET AND SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN
- Combine brown sugar, oil, vinegar, mustard, lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, seasoned salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place chicken in a glass or ceramic bowl and cover with sauce. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook chicken on the preheated grill until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352.7 calories, Carbohydrate 19.5 g, Cholesterol 87.4 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 24.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 327.5 mg, Sugar 18.1 g
SPICY GRILLED SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
- Combine the sesame ginger simmering sauce, yellow onion and chili garlic sauce in a resealable plastic bag. Place chicken in bag and shake to coat. Let marinate in the fridge 6 - 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from the marinade but reserve the marinade.
- Place chicken breasts on grill first. Cook, over medium heat, for 5 minutes on each side. Then place the remaining pieces of chicken on the grill. Cook those for 5 minutes on each side. Then cover the grill and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through, 20 - 25 more minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa and chicken are cooking, pour the reserved marinade into a skillet and cook over medium-high heat until the sauce reduces by half and the onions are soft. Turn heat to low and keep warm until ready to use.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, pour half of the sweet and sour sauce into a bowl. Reserve the remaining sweet and sour sauce for serving.
- Use a basting brush to brush the chicken with the sweet and sour sauce. Cover and let cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve alongside reserved sweet and sour sauce and quinoa topped with the reduced mariande.
SPICY SWEET-AND-SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN
- Stir together water and tomato paste in a 2 1/2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan until smooth, then stir in remaining sauce ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring, then reduce heat and briskly simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced to 2 1/4 cups, 50 to 60 minutes. Stir frequently toward end of cooking to prevent sticking. Reserve 1 cup sauce for serving.
- Prepare grill for indirect-heat grilling over medium-hot charcoal (medium-high heat for gas grills; see Grilling Procedure ).
- Pat chicken dry (do not season with salt and pepper). Lightly oil grill rack and place chicken, skin side down, on area with no coals underneath (over turned-off burner if using gas). Grill, covered, turning once, until chicken registers 165°F, 22 to 25 minutes. (Chicken may appear pale; no cause for worry.)
- Brush generously all over with some of sauce, then move chicken directly over coals (turned-on burners if using gas). Grill chicken, covered, turning and moving to area with no coals or heat underneath if flare-ups occur, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes more. (Add more charcoal during grilling if necessary to maintain heat.)
- Serve chicken with reserved sauce.
SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: boneless, skinless chicken breast, salt, pepper, cornstarch, eggs, oil, oil, garlic, bell pepper, cider vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, scallion, sesame seed
Provided by Tasty
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat with cornstarch, dip in beaten egg.
- Fry until golden, crispy and cooked through. Set aside. Dab with paper towel if greasy.
- In a large pan, heat oil and fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper, cider vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- When the sauce has thickened, add the fried chicken. Toss to coat.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
- Nutrition Calories: 2960 Fat: 261 grams Carbs: 77 grams Fiber: 1 grams Sugars: 44 grams Protein: 75 grams
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480 calories, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 39 grams, Sugar 22 grams
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN
This simple recipe has become my family's favorite way to eat chicken. The blend of sweet and spicy is perfect. -Melissa Ball, Pearisburg, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly., Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts :
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS
Brown sugar gives these grilled chicken breasts a glistening glaze and caramel-like sweetness, while mustard powder and cayenne add an earthy kick. If you don't want to bother making a mustard sauce for dipping, just serve these with dollops of good, strong Dijon mustard on the side. A crisp salad and some grilled corn completes the meal. And if you prefer dark meat, this recipe will also work with boneless, skinless thighs, though you might have to add a minute or so to the cooking time. Or use a combination of breasts and thighs for maximum crowd appeal.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories barbecues, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of parchment or plastic wrap. Using a mallet or rolling pin, pound each to an even thickness of 1/2 inch. Do not make them any thinner or they could dry out.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, coriander, salt, mustard powder and cayenne. Place chicken breasts in a bowl and rub well with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Remove chicken from fridge while you heat the grill.
- Light the grill, building a hot fire, or heat your gas grill to high. Once grill is fully heated, brush breasts lightly with olive oil and place chicken on the grill. Cook until undersides are browned and chicken is about halfway cooked, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip breasts and grill until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Transfer chicken to a platter. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and chives. Whisk in 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Serve chicken with mustard for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 282, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 39 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 458 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
THAI-STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN W/ SPICY SWEET AND SOUR DIPPING SAUCE
This is from America's Test Kitchen and it's really good. I have also made it as a marinade for wings (just soaking them).
Provided by Mr Jackson
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- To brine the chicken: Dissolve sugar and salt in 2 quarts cold water in large container or bowl; submerge chicken in brine and refrigerate at least 30 minutes but not longer than 1 hour. Rinse chicken under cool running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- For the dipping sauce: Whisk ingredients in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature to allow flavors to meld.
- To make and apply the rub: Combine all rub ingredients in small bowl; work mixture with fingers to thoroughly combine. Slide fingers between skin and meat to loosen skin, taking care not to detach skin. Rub about 2 tablespoons mixture under skin. Thoroughly rub even layer of mixture onto all exterior surfaces, including bottom and sides. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces. Place chicken in medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate while preparing grill.
- To grill the chicken: Using chimney starter, ignite about 6 quarts (1 large chimney, or 2 1/2 pounds) charcoal briquettes and burn until covered with thin coating of light gray ash, about 15 minutes. Empty coals into grill; build two-level fire by arranging all coals in even layer in one half of grill. Position grill grate over coals, cover grill, and heat until grate is hot, about 5 minutes (grill should be medium-hot; you can hold your hand 5 inches above grill grate for 4 seconds); scrape grill grate clean with grill brush. Using long-handled grill tongs, dip wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and wipe grill grate. Place chicken, skin-side down, on hotter side of grill; cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Using tongs, flip chicken breasts and cook until browned on second side, about 3 minutes longer. Move chicken skin-side up to cool side of grill and cover with disposable aluminum roasting pan; continue to cook until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast (not touching bone) registers 160 degrees, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Transfer chicken to platter; let rest 10 minutes. Serve, passing sauce separately.
- Taking Thai Chicken Indoors. If you don't have a grill, heat your oven to 450 degrees and adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position, as food tends to brown more deeply and evenly toward the bottom of the oven. Set the brined, rubbed chicken on a flat wire roasting rack and place the rack over a baking sheet lined with foil. Roast the chicken for 15 minutes, rotate the pan, and then cook for an additional 15 minutes. The skin should be light golden brown, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each breast (not touching any bone) should register 160 degrees. To get the same deep brown exterior that the grill provides, finish the chicken with a quick shot under the broiler (2 to 3 minutes, with the chicken 6 to 8 inches from the broiler element). This pass under the broiler will help to crisp the skin, but the skin will probably not be quite as crisp as it is in the grilled version. The flavors, however, will be just as good.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 855.4, Fat 39, SaturatedFat 10, Cholesterol 217.7, Sodium 15089.3, Carbohydrate 52.3, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 42.6, Protein 73
JO MAMA'S HOT AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN
The sauce for this chicken has such an explosion of flavors--you'll want to lick the plate when you are done. It's sweet, sour, spicy and savory--and it has a bit of a kick. You will end up with nearly 3 cups of sauce, but trust me--you will want all of it.
Provided by SharleneW
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Combine all ingredients except for the chicken and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from the heat and cool. Refrigerate sauce overnight to blend flavors.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Apply sauce to chicken (I spoon it on). Grill to desired doneness, applying sauce liberally as you turn chicken. Cook until done through.
- If you don't contaminate the sauce with the raw chicken, you can serve it with the cooked chicken. If it gets contaminated, simmer it on the stove for a few minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390.7, Fat 23, SaturatedFat 5.7, Cholesterol 117.5, Sodium 1120.7, Carbohydrate 6.9, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 5, Protein 36.9
More about "spicy sweet and sour grilled chicken recipes"
SPICY SWEET-AND-SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (40)Calories 132 per servingServings 8
- Combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a medium bowl. Add chicken; stir well to coat. Set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, brown sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, chile paste, and sesame oil.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion, bell peppers, and green onions to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons canola oil in pan. Add chicken mixture to pan, and spread in an even layer; cook, without stirring, 1 minute. Sauté an additional 3 minutes or until chicken is done.
SPICY, SWEET & SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN - BARIATRICFOODCOACH.COM
- Sauce- Stir together water and tomato paste in a sauce pan on medium heat. Then stir in remaining ingredients (soy sauce, vinegar, sweetener, onion, jalapeño, garlic).
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring, then reduce heat and briskly simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced. Plan for 60 minutes. (Place in a sealed container for the fridge if making chicken the next day.)
- Chicken - Heat an outdoor grill. Brush both sides of chicken with sauce and place on grill. Grill chicken four minutes per side, basting with sauce each time you turn. Continue until chicken is cooked through and temp reads 165F (estimated 20 minutes)."
SPICY SWEET-AND-SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN | GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES, …
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICHES RECIPE
SPICY SWEET-AND-SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE BY K. - COOKEATSHARE
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH SWEET-AND-SOUR SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
SWEET AND SOUR BAKED CHICKEN - GIMME DELICIOUS
GRILLED SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
SPICY SWEET AND SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN - BIGOVEN.COM
HEALTHY SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN | GRILLED TO PERFECTION.
SWEET & SPICY COCONUT GRILLED CHICKEN - THE RECIPE REBEL
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN
THE SPICY OLIVE’S SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN - COOKING CLASSY
27 SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN RECIPES FOR FANS OF FLAVOR
SPICY SWEET-AND-SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
SWEET & SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN - JIMMY'S
GRILLED SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN - OH SWEET BASIL
SPICY SWEET-AND-SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SPICY SWEET-AND-SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR ...
SWEET & SAVORY GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN - LISA G COOKS
GRILLED SWEET-AND-SOUR CHICKEN PACKS RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
SWEET & SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN - JIMMY'S
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
GRILLED SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN BREASTS - CHUGWATER CHILI
SWEET & SPICY GRILLED STICKY CHICKEN - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF …
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN - SWEETER WITH SUGAR
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - MENUPLANS.COM MAKING …
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
SIMPLE SWEET AND SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN - HOW DOES SHE
SPICY SWEET-AND-SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN | GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES, …
SPICY SWEET-AND-SOUR GRILLED CHICKEN - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is grilled sweet and sour chicken?This grilled sweet and sour chicken is crazy delicious. It might look as simple as slapping some chicken pieces on the grill, slathering in sweet and sour sauce and calling it good. But you know me better than that, right? There’s always a back story. A philosophy. A reason for the deliciousness.
How do you use sweet and sour sauce on a grill?During the last two minutes of grilling brush the chicken liberally with the prepared sweet and sour sauce. Remove the chicken from the grill to a serving platter and drizzle with remaining sauce OR serve the sweet and sour sauce on the side. Brine: you can use up to four pounds of chicken using the same amount of brine.
How to cook chicken on a charcoal grill?In a small bowl, combine sugar, coriander, salt, mustard powder and cayenne. Place chicken breasts in a bowl and rub well with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Remove chicken from fridge while you heat the grill. Light the grill, building a hot fire, or heat your gas grill to high.
Is sweet and sour chicken from Traeger Grills good?Thanks to a quick brine, the chicken is ultra tender, and that homemade sweet and sour sauce is divine (as always). Disclaimer: Traeger Grills sent me a pellet grill to test out, but as always, all opinions and thoughts I share here are 100% my own. It’s no secret we are huge sweet and sour fans here in the remote wilderness of Idaho.