MISS BETTY'S 24 HOUR LETTUCE SALAD
- Spread the lettuce out on a large serving dish or bowl. Sprinkle the onion, celery, water chestnuts and frozen peas (unthawed) over the lettuce in layers. Spread mayonnaise over the top like a frosting. Sprinkle with sugar and grated cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Before serving, sprinkle crumbled bacon over the top, and garnish with tomato wedges, slices of hard-cooked egg, and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.7 calories, Carbohydrate 11.3 g, Cholesterol 49.6 mg, Fat 19.9 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 7.5 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 385.7 mg, Sugar 5.5 g
TWENTY-FOUR HOUR SALAD
A layered green salad with green peas, celery, bell peppers, Cheddar cheese and bacon sprinkled over all. For other variations, I have substituted or added some of my own favorite ingredients, such as: carrots, eggs, mushrooms, sprouts and seeded cucumbers.
Provided by Jane
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large transparent bowl, layer lettuce, celery, bell peppers, onions, peas, mayonnaise, sugar and cheese. Sprinkle bacon bits evenly over the top of the salad.
- Cover bowl, and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 639.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11.9 g, Cholesterol 70.4 mg, Fat 59.3 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 17.3 g, SaturatedFat 15.5 g, Sodium 1014.8 mg, Sugar 7.7 g
24 HOUR SALAD RECIPE - (3.7/5)
Provided by á-1481
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place 3 cups lettuce in bottom of large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and sugar. Layer eggs atop. Sprinkle with more salt. Layer in order: peas, remaining lettuce, bacon, swiss cheese, spread mayonnaise over top sealing to edge of bowl. Cover and chill 24 hours. Garnish with green onions and paprika. Toss before serving.
24 HOUR SALAD
This salad was served at a potluck luncheon at work today and is just to die for. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Cook time is refrigeration time.
Provided by MsKittyKat
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook bacon, crumble and set aside.
- Place the following items in order listed into a big bowl: Lettuce (torn into bite size pieces), Cauliflower (broken into small pieces), Onion (chopped or sliced- your choice), Crumbled bacon Sprinkle all sugar on top of salad.
- Mix mayo and parmesan cheese- spread on top of salad.
- Cover with plastic wrap then aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate overnite.
- Drain water from salad, mix and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466.8, Fat 37.3, SaturatedFat 11.1, Cholesterol 51.7, Sodium 805.9, Carbohydrate 23.2, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 13.8, Protein 11.4
24 HOUR SALAD
I found several 24 Hour Salad recipes, but none are exactly like the one I make. I'm posting it here for safekeeping...it's a family favorite. It has just the right amount of tangy, sweet, and savory. Enjoy!
Provided by DragonIady
Yield 1 large salad, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Layer the first four ingredients in the order listed above, starting with lettuce on bottom.
- Mix sugar, mayo, cheese, and salt/pepper.
- Spoon mayo mixture on top of layered ingredients.
- Refrigerate and then toss AFTER 24 hours.
- I like to add frozen peas for color. *Prep time is mostly cutting veggies and cooking bacon, cooking time is refrigeration time.*.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 626.4, Fat 45.5, SaturatedFat 11.8, Cholesterol 83.1, Sodium 1859.4, Carbohydrate 29.5, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 13.7, Protein 26.5
TWENTY-FOUR HOUR SALAD
- Cook egg yolks and lemon juice, over a double boiler, while whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Cool. Whip the cream and mix with egg yolk and juice mixture. Combine grapes, marshmallows and pineapple. Fold in whipped cream mixture. Place in serving bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours.
24-HOUR FRUIT SALAD WITH COOL WHIP
Make our luscious 24-Hour Fruit Salad with COOL WHIP ahead of time. The rich sauce of this fruit salad with COOL WHIP includes egg yolk and marshmallows.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 servings, 1/2 cup each
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup liquid. Pour reserved liquid into 1-qt. microwaveable measuring cup. Add sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and egg yolk; mix well.
- Microwave on HIGH 2 to 4 min. or until thickened, stirring every minute. Pour into large bowl; cool.
- Add COOL WHIP to pineapple juice mixture; stir gently until blended. Add crushed pineapple along with all remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
- Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150, Fat 5 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 10 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
OVERNIGHT LAYERED LETTUCE SALAD
- In a 4-qt. or 13x9-in. glass dish, layer the first 5 ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and sugar; spoon over salad, spreading to cover., Sprinkle top with cheese, bacon and cranberries. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 206 calories, Fat 16g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 250mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
24-HOUR LAYERED SALAD
- In a large bowl, mix the two lettuces together and layer a little more than about 1/2 of the lettuces in the bottom of a large deep casserole dish, or a big glass salad bowl that will allow your family to see the layers. Follow by sprinkling with layers of celery, radishes, bell pepper, green onion, mushrooms, peas, black olives, egg and bacon. Then, top the layers with the remaining lettuces. Prepare the dressing by whisking together the parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and sugar until they are well mixed. Then, carefully spread the dressing (like frosting), as evenly as possible over the top of the salad. Sprinkle with cheddar (and jack if using) cheese. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. This will serve about 8-10 people. Note: To make this a fun Mexican Style Layered Salad, use 2 teaspoons, or more to taste, red pepper sauce to the dressing, add 2 cups of niblet corn kernels, a cup of diced green chiles, and about three of four big handfuls of Fritos Corn Chips before layering on the finishing layer of lettuces. It is important to use the Fritos. They are thicker and will keep some crunch, but you can also use whatever your favorite tortilla chip makes you happiest.
This recipe was Mom's scrumptious scheme to get her kids to eat vegetables. She never had any trouble when she served this colorful crunchy salad. Mom thought this salad was a real bonus for the cook since it must be made the night before. -Dorothy Bowen, Thomasville, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place greens in a 3-qt. bowl or 13x9-in. dish. Layer with celery, peppers, onion and peas. , Mix mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar; spread over top. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Refrigerate, covered, 12 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 23g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 347mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
More about "24 hour salad recipes"
24-HOUR VEGETABLE SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS - BHG.COM
OLD FASHIONED 24 HOUR SALAD | RECIPE | 24 HOUR SALAD, FRUIT SALAD ...
24 HOUR SALAD - BLYTHES BLOG
TWENTY-FOUR HOUR SALAD - COOKING WITH LIBBY
24 HOUR SALAD - CINDY COOKS!
24-HOUR LAYERED SALAD - CAN'T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
24 HOUR FRUIT SALAD RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
24 HOUR CABBAGE SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
24-HOUR SALAD WITH FRUIT AND CUSTARD - THE SPRUCE EATS
SEVEN LAYER SALAD | 7 LAYER SALAD | 24 HOUR SALAD
HEAVENLY 24-HOUR SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
24 HOUR SALAD | MY CMS - LINDA'S BEST RECIPES
14 BEST 24 HOUR SALAD IDEAS | 24 HOUR SALAD, RECIPES, FOOD
36 24 HOUR SALAD IDEAS | LAYERED SALAD, SEVEN LAYER SALAD, COOKING …
CLASSIC HOLIDAY FAVORITE! 24 HOUR FRUIT SALAD ~ THE AMBROSIA …
24-HOUR SALAD (YES, YOU HAVE TO WAIT THAT LONG) - TASTY KITCHEN
LAYERED 24 HOUR SALAD | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE COMMUNITY!
SPEEDY 24 HOUR SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TWENTY-FOUR HOUR SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SEVEN LAYER 24 HOUR SALAD | RECIPELION.COM
THIS KETO 24-HOUR SALAD RECIPE TAKES A DAY TO MAKE... BUT IT'S …
24 HOUR LETTUCE SALAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
24-HOUR SALAD RECIPE: NO BAKE FLUFF DESSERT - WINDY CITY BAKER
24 HOUR SALAD RECIPE PEAS - THERESCIPES.INFO
24 HOUR FRUIT SALAD - CULINARY HILL
24 HOUR CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
24 HOUR SALAD (VRP 034) | VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
EASY TRADITIONAL OVERNIGHT 7-LAYER SALAD RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
HEAVENLY 24 HOUR FRUIT SALAD - COPYKAT RECIPES
24-HOUR PICNIC SALAD | COOK'S COUNTRY
24 HOUR FRUIT SALAD – ALL RECIPES GUIDE
24 HOUR SALAD PIONEER WOMAN : WATCH COOKING INGREDIENTS
24-HOUR SALAD - JUST A TASTE
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #salads #vegetables #1-day-or-more #refrigerator #dinner-party #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #cauliflower #greens #lettuces #onions #brunch #equipment
You'll also love