This deliciously messy chicken is brushed with simple apricot glaze punctuated with hot pepper that produces a gorgeous amber lacquer when roasted.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Meat & Poultry Chicken
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the jam, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, and cayenne. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brush with the glaze.
- Roast, basting with the glaze, for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken and roast for 10 minutes more. Baste the chicken with the glaze and roast 5 minutes more, or until the glaze is just crisp.
My husband knows what's on the supper menu when our boys are driving home from Abilene Christian University in Texas. This apricot-glazed chicken entree has become our homecoming tradition. It's easy to make for any number of people. -Retha Kaye Naylor, Frankton, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine the mayonnaise, preserves and onion; spoon over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431 calories, Fat 25g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 73mg cholesterol, Sodium 221mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN
A quick and easy chicken dish. Note: you can substitute orange juice or marmalade for the apricot jam to make orange glazed chicken! Serve with rice if desired.
Provided by M. Burton
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Chicken Chicken Breast Recipes Skillet
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Brown chicken in heated skillet.
- Add chicken broth, jam and soy sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is done (no longer pink in the center).
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water to sauce to thicken (equal amounts more of each if you like it thicker). Return chicken to skillet and turn to coat thoroughly with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.1 calories, Carbohydrate 35.1 g, Cholesterol 83.1 mg, Fat 1.9 g, Protein 33.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 226.8 mg, Sugar 30.9 g
These chicken thighs are glazed in a thick apricot sauce that provides a sweet counterpart to the chili sauce.
Provided by super14
Categories Meat and Poultry Recipes Chicken Chicken Thigh Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and brown the chicken thighs on both sides, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Remove the chicken thighs and set aside. In the hot skillet, cook and stir the onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the apricot halves, chili sauce, brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and black pepper into a blender, and pulse several times to puree. Pour the mixture into the skillet with the onions, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer the sauce until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Return the chicken thighs to the sauce, and spoon sauce over the chicken. Simmer until the chicken is tender and no longer pink inside, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve chicken topped with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 273.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Cholesterol 80.7 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 20.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 152.7 mg, Sugar 16.2 g
EASY APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Rinse the chicken with cool water and pat dry. Place the chicken in a roasting pan on a rack, breast side up. Sprinkle the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper. Tuck the wing tips under the back of the chicken.
- Combine 4 tablespoons butter, parsley if using, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Loosen the skin on the breast of the chicken by gently wriggling fingers under the skin. Rub outside of the chicken with about 1 tablespoon of the butter mixture. Rub the remaining mixture under the skin of the chicken breast. Sprinkle chicken with additional salt and pepper. Roast the chicken for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, about 2 minutes. Spoon the garlic out of the saucepan and discard. Add the apricot preserves, mustard and vinegar and cook, stirring, until warmed through and combined, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool until ready to glaze the chicken.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Remove the chicken from the oven and brush evenly with the apricot glaze. Continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer stuck into the chicken thigh registers 160 degrees F, about 15 minutes more. Tip the chicken so the juices run into the pan. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and loosely tent with foil.
- Pour the juices from the pan into a degreasing cup or glass measuring cup. Pour or spoon off excess fat and discard. Add the chicken broth to the roasting pan and place directly on a burner over medium heat. Add the pan drippings and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, and scraping up any browned bits, until the mixture is hot, about 2 minutes. Strain and pour into a gravy boat and season with salt and pepper. Carve the chicken and serve with the sauce.
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN WITH SPRING VEGETABLES
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 or 5 large chunks; season with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook, turning, until browned on all sides and almost cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Add the carrots and 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer until the carrots are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover and increase the heat to medium high. Cook until the water evaporates, 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium and melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add the asparagus, snow peas and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet along with the apricot preserves, mustard, scallions, tarragon and lemon zest. Simmer, tossing, until the preserves are melted and the chicken and vegetables are glazed; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook shallots and ginger in oil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and boil until reduced by about half, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, preserves, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Purée sauce in a blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), then cool to room temperature.
- Divide chicken between 2 large sealable bags and pour marinade over chicken. Seal bags, pressing out excess air, and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in middle.
- Line a 17- by 12-inch shallow heavy baking pan with 2 slightly overlapping sheets of foil, then lightly oil foil. Arrange chicken (with marinade) in 1 layer in pan. Roast chicken, turning once, until deep brown, cooked through, and glazed, about 40 minutes total.
SPICY APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN
Save yourself a trip to the store and check the fridge first. Chicken turns sweet and hot when you pull out the chili sauce, mustard and apricot preserves. -Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat broiler. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through., Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 6-8 minutes on each side. Brush occasionally with preserves mixture during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209 calories, Fat 3g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 476mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein.
Apricot jam, honey, and Dijon mustard give these chicken thighs a sweet and tangy flavor, a fast weeknight dinner the family will love.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Rinse chicken thighs; pat dry, and transfer to a baking dish. Season well with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Bring jam, honey, and mustard to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until thickened and reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Spoon apricot mixture over chicken thighs, spreading with back of spoon to coat evenly.
- Bake chicken, basting with sauce from bottom of dish every 10 minutes, until juices run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork, about 30 minutes.
ROAST CHICKEN WITH APRICOT GLAZE
The chef Fany Gerson makes her tangy and sweet roast chicken with an apricot glaze: a mixture of apricot jam, butter and garlic that is applied while the chicken is in the oven, keeping it juicy and flavorful inside and out. The apricot butter is also whisked into the pan drippings, along with shallots and red wine vinegar, to make a vibrant sauce.
Provided by Priya Krishna
Categories dinner, poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees with a rack set in the middle position.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and pat it dry with paper towels. Cut off and discard any extra fat hanging around the cavity, and season the cavity generously with salt and pepper. Squeeze the lemon all over the outside of the chicken and stuff the cavity with the chopped onion, 4 sprigs of thyme and at least one of the juiced lemon halves (both, if they'll fit). Tie the legs together with twine. Rub 1 tablespoon oil all over the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully pour 3 cups chicken broth into a rimmed baking sheet and scatter over the crushed garlic cloves and remaining 4 thyme sprigs. Place the chicken, breast-side up, on a rack set over the baking sheet. Roast the chicken for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 375 degrees and continue roasting for 1 hour more. Add additional chicken stock to the pan, as needed, to keep it from becoming dry.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash together the butter, 3 tablespoons apricot preserves and the minced garlic clove until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer 2 heaping tablespoons of the apricot butter to a small container and refrigerate. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil to the apricot butter in the bowl and whisk to thin the mixture into a glaze.
- Baste the chicken with the glaze and continue roasting for another 30 minutes or so, basting again after 15 minutes. Continue roasting until the chicken is browned and the juices run clear when you insert a knife down to the bone between the leg and thigh. Loosely tent with foil if the skin is getting too brown before chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and tilt the chicken to release the juices from the cavity into the pan, then transfer the chicken to a carving board and let rest for 15 minutes. Strain the pan drippings, remove the fat and set aside.
- While the chicken rests, in a small pan over medium heat, cook the shallot and vinegar until the vinegar is nearly all cooked away but the pan is not yet dry. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon apricot preserves and the reserved pan drippings, whisk together and bring to a simmer. Add the remaining cold apricot butter little by little, whisking constantly, and remove from the heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Carve chicken and serve with the seasoned jus, sliced apricots and pistachios if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1141, UnsaturatedFat 46 grams, Carbohydrate 52 grams, Fat 75 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 66 grams, SaturatedFat 23 grams, Sodium 1983 milligrams, Sugar 32 grams, TransFat 1 gram
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN BREASTS
A simple and quick main dish designed for busy nights or cooking novices. Add a steamed vegetable and rice and a tasty dinner is on the table in 30 minutes or less. I like to include the hot sauce not to make this a spicy dish but to cut the sweetness just a bit. Planning to try this on the grill this summer as it should work very well. (WW 4 pts)
Provided by justcallmetoni
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the broiler. Line the broiler pan with aluminum foil. (The foil is a must for quick clean up.) Spray the broiler-pan rack with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- In a cup, stir together the preserves or marmalade, ketchup, and vinegar. Add the tabasco if you are planning to include.
- Season the chicken breasts with the thyme and salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken breasts, skin side down, on the prepared pan and broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn and broil for 3 minutes. (If you are using larger chicken breasts, adjust the cooking time.)
- Brush each chicken breast with some of the fruit glaze and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until the glaze is bubbly and the chicken is no longer pink in the thickest part. Turn the chicken (it should now be skin side up) and brush on the rest of the glaze an broil an additional minute.
- Remove from the broiler and serve.
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN
We really like Apricot Chicken. In the summer I hate to heat up the house. DH made this for a cookout. Absolutely delicious! **There is also a variation in the directions for Asian Glazed Chicken. *PLEASE NOTE!* For easier clean up I would suggest using a grill pan or aluminum to cook the chicken on. Found this recipe in Cooking Light.
Provided by kittycatmom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high and leave one side with no heat. If using a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on one side of charcoal grate, leaving the other side empty.
- 3. Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken, meaty sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray over direct heat; grill 5 minutes or until browned.
- 4. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Grill 5 minutes over direct heat or until browned. Turn chicken over, moving it over indirect heat; baste with apricot mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Cook 20 minutes or until done.
- Asian-Glazed Grilled Chicken Variation:.
- Combine 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (or other hot chile sauce), and 3 minced garlic cloves, stirring well until blended. Prepare Apricot-Glazed Grilled Chicken, omitting apricot preserves, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic. Baste chicken with hoisin mixture after each turn. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half or 1 thigh and 1 drumstick).
More about "apricot glazed chicken recipes"
GLAZED APRICOT CHICKEN
Servings 6Calories 190 per serving
BEST JALAPEñO-APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE - HOW TO …
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN WITH THE MOST AMAZING COUSCOUS
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
5 INGREDIENT APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN THIGHS | GROWING WITH BUMKINS
APRICOT-GINGER GLAZED CHICKEN - WHAT A GIRL EATS
3-INGREDIENT APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN - THE SEASONED MOM
EASY APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN | KITCHN
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - VINDULGE
HONEY-APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SKILLET APRICOT CHICKEN - BORROWED BITES
APRICOT ORANGE GLAZED CHICKEN - GET THE GOOD STUFF
SWEET & SPICY APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN THIGHS - THE BOTTOMLESS PIT
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN | WILLIAMS SONOMA
FRESH APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN - SELF PROCLAIMED FOODIE
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN THIGHS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN - DIABETES FOOD HUB
BAKED APRICOT CHICKEN RECIPE | ENTREE RECIPES | PBS FOOD
APRICOT CHICKEN ROULADE | RECIPE - KELLOGG'S
APRICOT-CHILI GLAZE FOR CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN - SETH MCGINN'S CANCOOKER
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN - SIMPLY SCRATCH
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN AND CORN RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE APRICOT …
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN WITH QUINOA PILAF RECIPE | EATINGWELL
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES & ASPARAGUS RECIPE
GRILLED APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN - GRUMPY'S HONEYBUNCH
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN RECIPE - COOKING WITH TAMMY.RECIPES
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN BREASTS MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
APRICOT-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APRICOT GLAZE FOR PORK/CHICKEN/HAM +VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN | MOTHER THYME
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH APRICOT-BALSAMIC GLAZE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CHIPOTLE APRICOT GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS - BROWN SUGAR FOOD BLOG
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #main-dish #poultry #easy #beginner-cook #low-fat #chicken #dietary #low-saturated-fat #high-protein #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love