- In medium saute pan, add 2 ounces olive oil, onions, garlic, and peppers and saute until translucent. Add chicken and brown on all sides. Remove half of the onion and pepper mixture.
- Continue to cook chicken and deglaze with beer, water, and lime juice, salt and pepper, let simmer for 45 minutes until chicken begins to fall off the bone. Remove chicken, let cool. Remove bone and remaining skin, and shred with forks.
- In same saute pan, reduce mixture until thick. Remove mixture from the pan, add the remaining 2 ounces oil and potatoes and fry potatoes until crispy. Add onion and pepper mixture and shredded chicken. Press mixture together as it cooks and form into 1/2-inch cake. Flip over to brown both sides.
- Top with diced tomatoes and queso fresco.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet large enough to hold all the ingredients. Sauté the onion, potatoes and green pepper over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, until the potatoes begin to soften.
- Stir in the chicken, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and reduce the heat. Cook until the milk has been absorbed and a crust has formed on the bottom of the hash. Turn and cook until the second side is browned.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 693, UnsaturatedFat 22 grams, Carbohydrate 58 grams, Fat 32 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 44 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 1497 milligrams, Sugar 11 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Place the potato in a small saucepan, and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Add a large pinch of salt, and bring to a simmer. Cook just until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, thyme, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the celery and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add potato, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the chicken, chicken stock, and cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until dry and caramelized, about 10 minutes more.
- Divide hash and tomatoes between two plates. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Melt butter and olive oil together in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook and stir potatoes, chicken, onion, green bell pepper, chicken broth, steak seasoning, garlic powder, and seasoned salt in the hot butter-oil mixture until chicken is no longer pink in the center and liquid is evaporated, 15 to 20 minutes. Add more olive oil if mixture becomes dry.
- Stir broccolini and Cheddar cheese into chicken hash; cook until broccolini are tender and Cheddar cheese is melted, 2 to 3 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388.6 calories, Carbohydrate 21.1 g, Cholesterol 72.6 mg, Fat 24.8 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 21.1 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 355.9 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
This chicken hash is great for using up leftovers, and tastes great. It can be served in pastry cups (add a little cooking sherry to make it "fancier"), over cornbread waffles, or with fried eggs on top. I've even seen it served over rice. You can use it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, depending on how you present it! Very economical dish.
Provided by breezermom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook the potatoes in the chicken stock for about 7 to 10 minutes, just until tender.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the onions, celery, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the fresh herbs, potatoes, and chicken.
- Finish with the heavy cream. Stir until it is mixed well. Serve over pastry cups, cornbread waffles, or with a fried egg on top. Enjoy!
SAVORY SWEET POTATO HASH
- Place sweet potato in a microwave-safe bowl; add water and salt. Microwave until partially softened, 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until slightly softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir sweet potato, ham, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt into onion; cover skillet with a lid. Cook sweet potato mixture, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are cooked through, about 10 minutes; sprinkle with brown sugar. Cook and stir until brown sugar is dissolved, 1 to 2 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.3 calories, Carbohydrate 51.6 g, Cholesterol 40.5 mg, Fat 16.6 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 19.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 1166.9 mg, Sugar 13.2 g
CREAMY CHICKEN HASH
Just sorta came up with this tonight when I needed something fairly quick and healthy. It's creamy, but it only uses a touch of milk. Kind of like a skillet chicken stew. Guiltless comfort food, if you ask me. Either way, no complaints from my family! :D
Provided by Megohm
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Sautée onions and carrots in oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and let it begin to brown.
- Add chicken stock, cover, turn heat to low and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Mix corn starch with milk to make slurry, then bring heat back up to medium on skillet, adding the slurry.
- Let thicken for 1-2 minutes, add peas and corn, and let cook another 2 minutes or so, salt and pepper to your liking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 333, Fat 14.7, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 68.3, Sodium 277.3, Carbohydrate 23.8, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 7, Protein 26.7
SAVORY BAKED CHICKEN
Crispy golden breading with robust mustard and lemon flavors envelopes this tasty main dish from Bonnie Baumgardner, Sylva, North Carolina.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place the stuffing in another bowl. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat with stuffing., Place chicken in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 170°, 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "savory chicken hash recipes"
25 INSANELY DELICIOUS BREAKFAST HASH RECIPES
SAVORY CHICKEN HASH | RECIPE | SAVORY CHICKEN, CHICKEN HASH RECIPE ...
SKILLET SWEET POTATO CHICKEN HASH WITH EGGS - SKINNYTASTE
MUSHROOM CHICKEN HASH RECIPE - CLEAN EATING
SAVOURY CHICKEN HASH - FOOD NETWORK
SEARCH FOR RECIPES
ONE PAN KIELBASA HASH - SWEET SAVORY AND STEPH
LEFTOVER CHICKEN HASH RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
15-MINUTE SAVORY CHICKEN HASH RECIPE CLIPPING « RECIPECURIO.COM
SAVORY ROASTED CHICKEN POTATOES AND VEGETABLES
SAVORY CHICKEN HASH RECIPE
SAVORY CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO HASH | MELANIE MITRO
CHICKEN HASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN AND CHILE HASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY SALMON HASH RECIPE - SAVORY SPIN
SOUTHWESTERN CHICKEN HASH RECIPE | COOKING ON THE RANCH
17 SAVORY CHICKEN APPLE SAUSAGE RECIPES THAT WILL WIN YOU OVER
SUPERB CHICKEN HASH | COOKSTR.COM
MIA. [SAVORY CHICKEN HASH TOPPED W. BACON] - SWEET CAROLINE'S …
BARBECUED CHICKEN HASH RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
40 CHICKEN SAUSAGE RECIPES THAT WILL SATISFY | TASTE OF HOME
CHICKEN AND POTATO HASH RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
10 BEST CHICKEN HASH BROWN CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN HASH RECIPE
10 BEST CHICKEN HASH BROWN CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAVORY CHICKEN HASH - MASTERCOOK
HASH BROWN CHICKEN JALAPENO CASSEROLE - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
SAVORY BREAKFAST HASH BOWLS - A SAVORY FEAST
CHEESY HAMBURGER HASH RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
SAVORY CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO HASH | RECIPES | MELANIE MITRO
PIN BY THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY ON SAVORY GOODNESS | RECIPES, …
CHICKEN HASH RECIPE SOUTHERN - SAVORY CHICKEN HASH RECIPE
AIP CHICKEN SWEET POTATO HASH RECIPE - HEALING AUTOIMMUNE
BEST CHICKEN HASH RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HASH BROWN PIE CRUST RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SAVORY CHICKEN HASH – RECIPES NETWORK
Savory Chicken Hash874 views-00:48
Sweet Potato and Chicken Hash4.1K views-00:38
Savory vegan brunch / Vegan breakfast hash with VEGAN FRIED EGG276 views-05:23
Savory Pumpkin Breakfast Hash Skillet Recipe52 views-01:49
Cheesy Vegan Broccoli Hash Brown Bake | Minimalist Baker Recipes3.5K views-00:38
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken hash for Soup?Punch up the flavor of Chicken Hash with sweet, hot or smoked paprika. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken, turning, for 10 minutes. Drain off fat. Pour in broth, cover, reduce heat to low; cook for 35 minutes. Remove chicken; let cool. Shred meat.
How to cook chicken hash on the grill?Sauté the onion, potatoes and green pepper over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, until the potatoes begin to soften. Stir in the chicken, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, and reduce the heat. Cook until the milk has been absorbed and a crust has formed on the bottom of the hash.
How to cook sweet potato chicken hash with eggs?Skillet Sweet Potato Chicken Hash with Eggs is grreat for breakfast, brunch or breakfast for dinner! Heat a 10-inch nonstick oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and onions to the pan and cook until the onions are golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
How to cook chicken hash with Broccolini and cheese?Directions Melt butter and olive oil together in a large frying pan over medium heat. Stir broccolini and Cheddar cheese into chicken hash; cook until broccolini are tender and Cheddar cheese is melted, 2 to 3 more minutes.