BAKED STUFFED APPLE
An apple is filled with a cinnamon cheesecake center. I used a Braeburn apple but any variety will work. Great for a cold night! Serve with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Emily
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut the stem out of the apple and hollow out the center until it is about 1 1/2 inches wide without going through the bottom. In a small cup, stir together the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Set aside half of this mixture, and mix the rest with the cream cheese and dried cranberries.
- Sprinkle some of the reserved cinnamon sugar into the apple's cavity. Fill with the cream cheese mixture, and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on the top. Place the apple in a small baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the apple is tender enough to easily pierce with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254.8 calories, Carbohydrate 40.9 g, Cholesterol 31.9 mg, Fat 10.7 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 87.6 mg, Sugar 32.1 g
EASIEST EVER BAKED STUFFED APPLES
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim the tops and scoop out the center and the seeds of each apple and rub the edges of the trimmed fruit with the lemon. In a medium bowl, combine the butter, cereal, sugar, and walnuts. Fill the apples with the cereal mixture. Set the apples upright in muffin tins and bake until tender and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Transfer to serving dishes, top with ice cream and serve hot.
SAVORY STUFFED BAKED APPLES RECIPE - (4.5/5)
Provided by á-11135
Number Of Ingredients 9
- 1. In a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté onion and celery until softened. 6-8 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper. 2. Add sausage and cook, breaking sausage up as you go, until browned and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. 3. Transfer sausage mixture to a large bowl, then add in stuffing mix and dried cranberries. Pour in 1 1/4 cups chicken broth and stir until everything is combined and just moistened. 4. Preheat oven to 350º F. 5. To prepare apples: cut off the tops of each one, then take a tablespoon or melon baller and scoop out the core, making sure to leave at least 1/4-inch around the bottom and sides. 6. Spoon sausage stuffing mixture into cored apples, then transfer to a large baking dish. Pour remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth over the apples, then remaining 1/4 cup into the bottom of baking dish. 7. Place dish in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until stuffing has browned and apples are tender. 8. Remove from oven and serve hot.
BAKED STUFFED APPLES
Combining the best of two recipes gave us this delicious fall dessert. I served the stuffed apples in a waffle bowl. Serve warm with ice cream or half-and-half if desired, spooning the sauce from the baking dish over the ice cream.
Provided by midwestchef
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix cranberries, almonds, butter, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Fill each apple cavity evenly with the mixture and place in a baking dish. Add water to the leftover filling and pour around apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting twice with the liquid from the baking dish, until apples are tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.8 calories, Carbohydrate 53.3 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 17.9 g, Fiber 7.2 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 6.5 mg, Sugar 42.2 g
SAVOURY BAKED STUFFED APPLES
This is not a dessert - but a yummy side to accompany the traditional turkey or even a pork roast. Ever so slightly adapted to include my favourite stuffing aromatic - sage!
Provided by evelynathens
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- Peel, core and chop 1 apple into 1/3-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Cut one-fourth off the top of the remaining apples and discard the tops. Using a melon baller or a spoon, hollow out the apples, leaving 1/3 inch of the flesh on the inside. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a large bowl.
- In the same pan, combine the celery, onion and chopped apple and sauté until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the celery mixture, the thyme, sage, parsley and bread cubes to the bowl with the sausage, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Spoon the stuffing into the apples, packing it lightly. Arrange the apples in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking until the apples are tender and the stuffing is golden on top, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 648.9, Fat 43.2, SaturatedFat 13.4, Cholesterol 118.2, Sodium 1220.5, Carbohydrate 35.5, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 18.4, Protein 29.7
SAVORY RICE-STUFFED APPLES
My family has several apple trees, so I am challenged to create new recipes each fall. This side dish is wonderful with pork roast and so effortless due to the use of the slow cooker. -Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Core apples, leaving bottoms intact. In a medium bowl, combine the brown rice and next 8 ingredients; mix well. Fill each apple with about 2 tablespoons filling, packing it well. Place the stuffed apples in a greased 4-quart slow cooker. Pour in the apple juice and chili sauce. Cover and cook on high until the apples are soft, 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Spoon liquid over each apple serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 139 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 60mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
BAKED STUFFED APPLES
- Place apples in baking dish.
- Pour cider over apples.
- In small bowl mix the cranberries or cherries with the walnuts.
- Divide mixture among the six apples and stuff in the center of each apple.
- Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg over apples.
- Place in preheated 350 degrees oven.
- Baste during baking several times.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140, Fat 3.4, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 1.7, Carbohydrate 29.1, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 23.1, Protein 1.1
SALT-BAKED STUFFED APPLES
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Squeeze lemon juice into a medium bowl filled with cold water. Using a sharp knife, remove stem from each apple. Using a melon baller, remove cores and hollow out apples until walls are about 3/4 inch thick. Place apples in water.
- Place walnuts on a baking pan; toast until fragrant and golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Let the walnuts cool, and roughly chop.
- Place walnuts, cranberries, ginger, apricots, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Drain apples; spoon walnut filling into each cavity, packing fairly tightly. Place apples in a baking dish just large enough to hold them all. Add salt, being careful not to get any salt in the filling; fill until the salt covers the apples up to where the filling begins. Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake until apples are tender and start to pull away from salt, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly. Remove apples from salt; serve.
SAVORY BAKED APPLES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet over a low flame, saute onion in the butter for 5 minutes. Add pork and spices and cook slowly for 12 minutes. Stir in nuts. Peel, core and mince one apple; add to the meat mixture and remove from flame.
- Core remaining apples and stuff with the pork mixture. Put stuffed apples in a shallow baking dish. Warm the cider and pour around the apples. Put apples in oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove and, if serving later, cover the baking dish with foil. Apples can be reheated in a 350-degree oven for 5 minutes or served at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 331, UnsaturatedFat 11 grams, Carbohydrate 37 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 167 milligrams, Sugar 25 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "savoury baked stuffed apples recipes"
CHEESY STUFFED APPLES RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY …
SAVOURY BAKED APPLES - WAITROSE
7 WAYS TO MAKE BAKED, STUFFED APPLES | EPICURIOUS
STUFFED APPLE RECIPE COLLECTION: SAVORY AND SWEET - TOP …
SAVOURY STUFFED BAKED APPLES - GRAVES
BEST SAVORY STUFFED APPLES - GORGEOUS SIDE DISH
SAVORY BAKED APPLES WITH SAUSAGE STUFFING RECIPE
BAKED APPLES STUFFED WITH MARSHMALLOW “EN PAPILLOTE” - RICARDO
SAVORY APPLE RECIPES | FN DISH - FOOD NETWORK
PROTEIN-PACKED STUFFED BAKED APPLES - AMEE'S SAVORY DISH
SAVOURY BAKED APPLES - LAVENDER AND LOVAGE
HOW TO MAKE BAKED STUFFED APPLES | KITCHN
BAKED APPLES WITH SAVORY STUFFING - SHUTTERBEAN
SAVORY STUFFING-STUFFED BAKED APPLES | 12 TOMATOES
SAVORY BAKED APPLES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
FALL HARD FOR SAVORY STUFFED APPLES - THE TAKEOUT
SAVORY STUFFED BAKED APPLES - DISHING UP THE DIRT
SAVORY STUFFED BAKED APPLES @ TOTALLYCHEFS
23 FALL BAKED APPLE RECIPES - EASY IDEAS FOR STUFFED APPLES
20 SAVOURY APPLE RECIPES - MSN
SAVOURY BAKED AMBROSIA APPLES - AMBROSIA APPLES
SAVOURY STUFFED BAKED APPLES - ALLEN'S
SAVORY STUFFED BAKED APPLES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SAVORY STUFFED BAKED APPLES | GEORGIA GROWN
SAVOURY STUFFED BAKED APPLES - ROUGEMONT
SAVORY BAKED APPLE STUFFED WITH SEAFOOD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SAVOURY STUFFED APPLES RECIPE : SBS FOOD
SAVORY STUFFING-STUFFED BAKED APPLES - CINDYS RECIPES
40+ APPLE RECIPES - THE SEASONED MOM
PECAN RICE STUFFED APPLES | HEALTHY FAMILY PROJECT
SAVORY APPLE RECIPES TO MAKE THIS FALL | WELL+GOOD
ORGANIC SAVORY STUFFED APPLES RECIPE - HAVE A PLANT
SAVORY STUFFED BAKED APPLES - JAMIE GELLER
BACON STREUSEL STUFFED BAKED APPLES // THE SPECKLED PALATE
15 SAVORY APPLE RECIPES (THE JACKPOT OF DELICIOUS IDEAS)
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What do you do with baked apples for stuffing?Turn baked apples in to a savory side dish as they are stuffed with an easy sausage stuffing recipe for a delicious and gorgeous addition to dinner or even for Thanksgiving. 1 1/4 cup Swanson's UNSALTED Chicken Broth (or the same amount of water called for on the instructions for the stuffing)
How to cook apples in the oven?Using a small spoon, carefully scoop out centers of apples, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell, and chop apple flesh. Brush the inside of apples with 1 tablespoon butter. Place apples on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until just tender. Preheat broiler to high. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
How to cook sausage and apples in a pan?Place apples on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until just tender. Preheat broiler to high. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, and sauté 5 minutes, stirring to crumble. Remove from pan; drain.
How do you make apple pie with apples?Prepare the apples: Slice the very top of the apples off. Use a spoon or a melon baller to carefully scoop out the entire core of the apple. Repeat this for every apple. Spoon stuffing in to the apples and place in a high sided baking dish.