SEARED SCALLOP AND ASPARAGUS SALAD
- Beat 3/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear scallops and asparagus in hot oil until caramelizing, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Put spinach in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle dressing over spinach and toss to coat; top with scallops and asparagus.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 503.3 calories, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Cholesterol 34.2 mg, Fat 43.9 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 517.3 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP SALAD WITH ORANGE SECTIONS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In two separate saucepans bring water to a boil with 1 tablespoon salt and 2 tablespoons vinegar in each pan. (If you don't have two saucepans, you can execute this step in two stages using the same saucepan twice.) When the water comes to a boil, drop the shrimp into one pan and the scallops into the other. Cook the shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on their size, and the scallops for about 1 minute, until their color turns a flat white. Drain immediately.
- Shell the shrimp leaving the tails on, remove the vein that runs down the center of the back, and put them in a bowl with the drained scallops.
- Peel 4 oranges with a sharp paring knife, removing the peel and the pith. Slip the blade in between the sections to detach the pulp from the thin membrane that encloses each section. Lift out the membrane-less sections and remove any seeds. Set aside.
- Detach the lettuce leaves from the head, discarding any bruised or wilted leaves. Wash the leaves in several changes of cold water and shake dry in a towel or in a salad spinner. Cut the leaves into strips about 1/2-inch wide. Cut the remaining orange in half and squeeze out the juice.
- Combine the shrimp, scallops, and orange sections in a bowl. Add the orange juice, salt, olive oil, and liberal grindings of pepper and toss thoroughly.
- Choose a shallow-- neither too deep nor too flat-- serving platter. Line it with strips of lettuce and top them with the shrimp, scallops, and orange sections, distributing evenly over them all the seasonings in the bowl. Serve at once.
SEA SCALLOPS WITH SPINACH AND ORANGES
These scallops are so tasty served with spinach and oranges. The recipe is courtesy of the Harvard Street Grill.
Provided by Barb G.
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix finely chopped shallots and garlic set aside.
- Segment oranges and place segments in a small mixing bowl; add the thin strips of basil to the orange segments, add 1/2 of the finely chopped shallots & garlic to the orange segments; add 1-ounce of olive oil & cracked pepper,Gently Mix; set aside( this can be made early but most be at room temperature to serve).
- Place TWO saute pans on medium-high heat; season scallops with salt and pepper; divide the remaining olive oil into the TWO preheated pans: In one pan, add butter,Add reserved garlic and shallots, Quickly stir for 10 to 15 SECONDS and Add spinach; saute 20 to 30 seconds; remove from heat and season.
- In the other pan, Add the seasoned Scallops, sear for about 1 to 2 minutes, Flip over scallops and sear other side for about 1 to 2 minutes; remove from heat (do-not over cook). The center will look slightly translucent when cooked properly.
- Place sauteed spinach in center of plate, arrange scallops and oranges around the spinach, Serve.
SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP, ORANGE-GLAZED FENNEL AND SPINACH, AND TARRAGON CREAM SAUCE
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir shallots until translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in white wine; simmer until reduced by almost half. Strain out shallots; discard.
- Pour milk, heavy cream, and tarragon into the saucepan; simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Reduce heat to low and cover to keep warm.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir fennel until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in orange juice; simmer until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Stir in spinach. Reduce heat, cover skillet, and cook spinach until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir well. Remove from heat and keep covered.
- Season shrimp and scallops with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 1/2 tablespoons of butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add scallops; cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the second side for 1 minute. Add remaining butter and shrimp to the skillet; cook until shrimp turns pink, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon some of the cream sauce onto each serving dish. Divide fennel and spinach mixture evenly among dishes. Arrange 3 scallops and 3 shrimp in a spiral over the fennel and spinach mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612.4 calories, Carbohydrate 27.5 g, Cholesterol 303.9 mg, Fat 34.7 g, Fiber 6.6 g, Protein 45.4 g, SaturatedFat 20.7 g, Sodium 845.7 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
SCALLOP, SPINACH AND ORANGE SALAD
- Using knife, cut between orange membranes to release segments. Mix juice, vinegar and shallot in bowl. Whisk in oil. Reserve 1/2 cup dressing for spinach; pour remaining dressing into small saucepan. Simmer dressing in pan until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Overlap 9 scallops slices on foil, forming round. Press to compact. Repeat with remaining scallops, forming 3 more rounds. Brush with melted butter. Season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler. Toss spinach with reserved 1/2 cup dressing. Mound spinach on plates. Garnish with orange segments and almonds.
- Broil scallops until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Bring 1/4 cup dressing in saucepan to simmer. Remove from heat. Gradually add 1/4 cup chilled butter; whisk just until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place scallops atop spinach salad. Drizzle sauce over scallops and serve.
More about "scallop spinach and orange salad recipes"
SCALLOP STIR-FRY SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Stir together orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the cooking oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; stir-fry about 2 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Remove scallops from skillet.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon cooking oil to the skillet. Add pea pods, bell pepper, and scallions; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add cooked scallops, the baby corn, and orange juice mixture to skillet; stir-fry about 1 minute or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Combine napa cabbage and spinach in a large salad bowl. Top with scallop mixture; toss gently to combine.
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH, WATERCRESS, …
Servings 8Category Main Courses, Weeknight
WARM SPINACH SALAD WITH SCALLOPS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
SCALLOP & ORANGE SALAD RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH ORANGE AND RED ONION SALAD | …
SEARED SCALLOPS WITH WILTED FENNEL & SPINACH SALAD ...
5/5 (3)Servings 4Cuisine FrenchCategory Main Course
WARM SPINACH ORANGE SCALLOP SALAD RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SCALLOPS WITH WARM SPINACH SALAD FROM REAL RESTAURANT …
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH GINGER-ORANGE SPINACH RECIPE ...
3.5/5 (4)Servings 4
- Place scallops in a shallow dish. Add vodka, vermouth, and half of ginger mixture; toss gently. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over high heat. Add remaining ginger mixture, and sauté 30 seconds. Add orange rind and juice, and bring to a boil. Stir in spinach, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
- Remove scallops from marinade, reserving marinade. Place skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat until hot. Add scallops; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add reserved marinade to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook until sauce is reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes).
SPINACH AND SCALLOP SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and next 4 ingredients; cook 15 minutes or until pine nuts are golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Combine scallops and lemon juice. Coat food rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-high heat. Place scallops on rack, and grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Combine spinach and 1 cup Balsamic-Lemon Vinaigrette in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Reserve remaining vinaigrette for another use. Arrange spinach mixture and scallops on plates. Sprinkle with pine nut mixture.
SPINACH & FRISEE SALAD WITH TANGERINES & CORIANDER-CRUSTED ...
- To prepare vinaigrette: Whisk olive oil, tangerine (or orange) zest and juice, vinegar, shallot, herbs, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- To prepare salad: Combine spinach, frisee and tangerine (or orange) segments in a large salad bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Divide the salad among 4 plates.
- Coarsely grind or chop coriander seeds and combine with kosher salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle on both sides of scallops. Heat canola oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook until they develop a golden brown crust and are just opaque all the way through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve the scallops on the salad.
SEARED SCALLOPS AND SPINACH SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
WILTED SPINACH AND ORANGE SALAD WITH PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS
5/5 (2)Servings 4Cuisine FrenchCategory Salad
SCALLOP SALAD | ORANGE SWEETNESS | DISHES DELISH
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH WILTED SPINACH, WATERCRESS, AND ...
SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH SPINACH AND PROCUITTO RECIPES
SCALLOP SPINACH AND ORANGE SALAD- TFRECIPES
WHEATLESS WEDNESDAY: SCALLOPS WITH SPINACH SALAD | KCET
SCALLOP, SPINACH AND ORANGE SALAD RECIPE - FOOD & DRINK ...
SPINACH RED CABBAGE SALAD WITH ORANGE DRESSING RECIPES
SPINACH AND ORANGE SALAD RECIPES - YAKCOOK.COM
SEA SCALLOPS WITH SPINACH AND ORANGES RECIPES
SCALLOP & ORANGE SALAD | PARENTS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook spinach scallops in a skillet?Place in plastic or glass bowl and mix with fresh squeezed orange juice. Heat skillet to medium heat. Add oil. Cook spinach until just wilted, turning frequently. Push spinach to edge of pan. Increase heat to medium high. Place scallops in center of skillet and cook for two minutes or until opaque, turning once.
How to make scallops with spinach and wine?Add scallops; cook until golden brown and firm, 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan; keep warm. Heat remaining drippings in same pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add wine; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
What's the best way to make dressing for scallops?Use pan juices for dressing. Rinse scallops. Place in plastic or glass bowl and mix with fresh squeezed orange juice. Heat skillet to medium heat. Add oil. Cook spinach until just wilted, turning frequently. Push spinach to edge of pan. Increase heat to medium high.
How many calories are in scallops with spinach?3 scallops with 1/2 cup spinach mixture: 247 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.