CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING
Recipe video above. A classic chocolate self saucing pudding! One batter magically transforms into a moist chocolate cake AND a chocolate sauce. The sauce has the consistency of maple syrup - never watery, never gluggy. This is easy and fast to make. Serve it up straight away otherwise the sauce gets absorbed into the cake!
Provided by Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 170C/335F (standard) / 150C/305F (fan forced / convection).
- Grease a 5 - 6 cup baking dish with butter. (Note 3)
- Topping: Whisk brown sugar and cocoa in a bowl, set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, caster sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jug, whisk together the butter and milk, then whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Mix until combined - it will be a thick batter.
- Spread into baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar / cocoa mixture. Shake gently to spread out thinly.
- Carefully pour the hot water over the back of a dessert spoon all over the top of the pudding - see photo in post or video below recipe. (Note 4)
- Transfer to oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top of the cake springs back when poked lightly. The top will be a bit crusty, like the top of brownies.
- Remove from oven, stand for just a few minutes (no more!), then serve immediately. (Note 5)
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 103 g, Calories 321 kcal, Carbohydrate 59.7 g, Protein 4.5 g, Fat 8.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Cholesterol 47 mg, Sodium 79 mg, Fiber 1.7 g, Sugar 40.6 g, UnsaturatedFat 3.5 g
SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING
Chocolate, not many people who don't like it. This always goes down well, my husband likes it with soft whipped cream on the side. Easy to put together, you should end up with a cake topping and a puddle of sauce underneath that.
Provided by PetsRus
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an eight-cup capacity ovenproof dish, not too shallow.
- Sift the flour, castor sugar and cocoa powder into a large bowl.
- Combine the milk, essence and melted butter, add this and stir until smooth and combined.
- Pour this mix into your prepared dish.
- Combine the brown sugar and the rest of the cocoa powder; sift that evenly over the top.
- Carefully, with love and a bit of patience, pour the hot water over the pudding mix.
- Bake for approx 40- 50 minutes, or until the pudding feels firm to the touch.
- If you want serve it dusted with icing/confectioners sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 504.3, Fat 8.3, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 19.5, Sodium 479.2, Carbohydrate 107.4, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 77.8, Protein 5.8
SELF SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING (SLOW COOKER)
- Preheat slow cooker for 20 minutes on high.
- Grease the slow cooker bowl (would recommend if using butter to put on wax paper or baking/parchment paper to do).
- In a separate bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients mixing or whisking well together.
- Sift brown sugar and extra cocoa powder over mixture.
- Using a spoon, gently and evenly pour the boiling water over the mixture.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours, or until centre is firm (I think cooking time could vary depending on the size of your crock pot/slow cooker - mine is a 6L oval shaped cooker and this is the time they recommend).
- Serve with sifted icing sugar and ice cream or cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 682.8, Fat 22.1, SaturatedFat 13.4, Cholesterol 96.4, Sodium 201.1, Carbohydrate 116.4, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 87, Protein 8.5
EASY CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- Combine 1/2 cup milk and cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk or stir with a fork until smooth and all lumps have been incorporated.
- Combine remaining milk with sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat. Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Cook, whisking as needed to prevent lumps from forming, until mixture begins to thicken, 8 to 10 minutes. Add chocolate chips and salt. Continue stirring until chips are completely melted and pudding is smooth and thickened, about 7 minutes more.
- Pour pudding into 1 large bowl or 6 individual bowls. Place plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming; smooth it gently against the surface. Refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.6 calories, Carbohydrate 39.2 g, Cholesterol 12.2 mg, Fat 12.4 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.2 g, Sodium 78.2 mg, Sugar 31.9 g
SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- Grease a 2-litre baking dish and heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Boil the kettle. Put the flours, caster sugar, cocoa, baking powder, xanthan gum and a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together the coffee, eggs, melted butter and milk, then pour onto the dry ingredients and mix together until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chunks and scrape everything into the baking dish.
- Mix 300ml boiling water from the kettle with the sugar and cocoa for the sauce, then pour this all over the pudding batter - don't worry if it looks unmixed at this stage! Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 mins until the surface looks firm, risen and crisp. As you scoop spoonfuls into serving bowls, you should find a glossy, rich chocolate sauce underneath the sponge. Eat immediately with vanilla ice cream or single cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 76 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 50 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, Sodium 1.1 milligram of sodium
More about "self saucing chocolate pudding recipes"
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
4.9/5 (14)Category Dessert, SweetsCuisine EnglishTotal Time 40 mins
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan. Grease an (approximately) 8 inch pie dish with butter.
- Mix together the cocoa and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle it evenly over the top of the cake batter
CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING | CLASSIC RECIPE - BAKE …
Ratings 12Calories 263 per servingCategory Dessert, Sweets
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Grease a large oven baking dish (6 cup capacity) and set aside.
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING - RECIPES BY CARINA
Reviews 8Calories 360 per servingCategory Dessert
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING - THE KIWI COUNTRY GIRL
SELF SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING - LISA FAULKNER
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING RECIPE - MUNATY COOKING
SELF-SAUCING PUDDING RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING - EIGHT FOREST LANE
CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER …
EASY RECIPE FOR SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING
SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING CAKE - POWERED BY MOM
SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING IN A MUG - BAKING ENVY
SLOW COOKER CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING
CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING RECIPE : SBS FOOD
SELF SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING RECIPE. | COOK CLICK N DEVOUR!!!
SELF SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDINGS - DONNA HAY
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING | DESSERT RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
EGGLESS SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING - COOKING FROM HEART
CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING RECIPE | CHELSEA SUGAR
EASY CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING – MY WAFFLING SPOT
EASY MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING
MATT PRESTON'S CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING - RECIPES
SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING | INTRODUCING!SA
CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING | COMMUNITY RECIPES | NIGELLA'S …
CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING - RECIPES - SNOWFLAKE
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING RECIPE - FOODIE BADGE
SIMPLE SELF SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING - GLUTEN FREE AND MAGICAL
EASY SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDINGS FOR TWO - ABC EVERYDAY
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING RECIPE - NZ'S FAVOURITE RECIPES
INDIVIDUAL SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDINGS RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING - THE HOME COOK'S KITCHEN
BEST SELF SAUCING PUDDING RECIPES - OLIVEMAGAZINE
10 BEST SELF SAUCING PUDDINGS - BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS
CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING | EDMONDS
SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING - SALTY GINGER
HERITAGE OF THE UNITED STATES FRAMED PENNIES AND STATE BIRD STAM
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING PUDDING RECIPE - YUMMY TUMMY
SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE AND BLACK DORIS PLUM PUDDING - NZ HERALD
SELF-SAUCING CHOCOLATE PUDDING RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #desserts #oven #easy #dinner-party #puddings-and-mousses #chocolate #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-in-something #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Self-Saucing chocolate pudding?Self-saucing chocolate pudding is a classic in Australia. It creates its own sauce below the sponge in the base of the dish. Make it up in advance, then sprinkle sugar and cocoa on top and pour over some boiling water and cook while you eat your main
How do you make chocolate pudding with brown sugar and cocoa?Combine the brown sugar and the rest of the cocoa powder; sift that evenly over the top. Carefully, with love and a bit of patience, pour the hot water over the pudding mix.
How do you cook Self Saucing pudding in the oven?Pour the boiling water over the back of a spoon over the chocolate pudding, being very careful not to burn yourself. This will stop the water disturbing the sugar topping below. Place the chocolate self saucing pudding into a 160C / 325F oven for 35-40 minutes or until bubbling at the edges. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
What is Self Saucing pudding made of?Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding is just made with cocoa powder, no chocolate. I’m sure there are richer versions around with the addition of chocolate chips. But the traditional way is so darn good, I have no urge to stray!