SHREDDED BARBECUED TURKEY SANDWICHES
These moist shredded turkey sandwiches from Barbara Smith of Columbus, Ohio are a welcome break from beef barbecue or sloppy joes. The turkey cooks in a tangy sauce made with ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the turkey, water, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 56mg cholesterol, Sodium 637mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SLOW-COOKER PULLED TURKEY SANDWICHES
- Spread the onions in the bottom of a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker. Rub the turkey thighs with the chili powder, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and place over the onions. Stir together the ketchup, sugar and mustard and pour over the turkey. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. The turkey should be very tender with the meat falling off the bones.
- Uncover and stir. Let cool for 10 minutes. Using two forks, shred the turkey meat, discarding the bones. Stir in the vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve on hamburger buns with pickles and/or coleslaw if desired.
CROCK POT SHREDDED TURKEY
This EASY shredded turkey recipe is great on good quality, buttery sandwich rolls. I know, it sounds weird, but trust me, its wonderful! Just an FYI - it makes a lot and freezes perfectly!
Provided by SweetJ
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Pour beer into a large crock pot.
- Add butter and onion soup mix. Stir to incorporate soup mix into the beer.
- Place turkey breast into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or overnight.
- After cooked, separate meat from the bone and discard bone. (Do not discard liquid!).
- Using two forks, shred the meat.
- Serve warm on sandwich rolls.
BARBECUE PULLED-TURKEY SANDWICHES
Way better than the classic leftover-turkey sandwich.
Provided by Maria Helm Sinskey
Categories turkey Sauté Thanksgiving Kid-Friendly Quick & Easy Low Cal Dinner Mayonnaise Bacon Family Reunion Cabbage Simmer Cumin Bon Appétit Dairy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Small Plates
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For slaw:
- Whisk mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, and celery seeds in small bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add cabbage; toss to blend. Cover bowl and chill. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- For barbecue sauce:
- Sauté bacon in heavy small saucepan over medium heat until crisp and brown, about 5 minutes. Add tomato puree, apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup water, dark brown sugar, chili powder, and ground cumin. Bring sauce to boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add shredded cooked turkey to barbecue sauce and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until turkey is heated through, stirring occasionally. Split and toast rolls. Divide turkey and slaw among rolls. Press tops down lightly to compress, then serve.
TURKEY BARBECUE SANDWICHES WITH PICKLES AND SLAW
Most turkey sandwiches are best made with slices of white meat stacked neatly between two slices of bread. Not this one. With a saucy, spicy filling piled onto a hamburger bun, it's perfect for dark meat and any scraps you may have leftover from the carcass. The cabbage slaw adds crispness and tang to the soft turkey, and bread-and-butter pickles give the sandwich a touch of sweetness. If you don't have leftover turkey in your refrigerator, this recipe works just as well with the meat torn off a rotisserie chicken.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small pot, combine 1/4 cup vinegar, the sugar and the salt. Cover pot and heat just until sugar dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together cabbage, shallot, carrot and jalapeño. Pour hot vinegar mixture over vegetables and toss to combine. Cover and let sit, tossing occasionally, while you prepare the sandwiches.
- Pour barbecue sauce into a medium bowl and taste it. If it's too sweet, add a little more vinegar and hot sauce, if you like. Toss in turkey and stir until evenly coated.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread mayonnaise inside the buns, if you like, then fill the buns with slaw, pickles and turkey. Serve with more hot sauce on the side, if you like.
MOM'S BARBEQUE STYLE TURKEY
This is a great way to use that leftover turkey after the holidays. It's even better the next day. My mother handed this down, and it has always been a family favorite. We usually have this barbeque on a roll.
Provided by Katie P.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Place onion, celery, and green pepper in the skillet, and cook 5 minutes. Mix in the ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt. Cook over low heat until bubbly. Stir in the turkey, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306.7 calories, Carbohydrate 20.1 g, Cholesterol 91.3 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 28.6 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 619.2 mg, Sugar 17.2 g
SLOW-COOKER BARBECUE PULLED TURKEY WITH SLAW
This recipe is a summer BBQ on a plate. Add the turkey breast to your slow cooker with some onions, garlic and BBQ sauce and forget about it all day! The result is a very tender, juicy, pulled BBQ turkey.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the onion, garlic, barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup water in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker; stir well. Season the turkey breast generously with salt and pepper. Combine the paprika and garlic powder in a small bowl; rub all over the turkey. Place the turkey on top of the onion mixture in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until the turkey is cooked through and tender, 7 to 8 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Pour over the coleslaw mix in a large bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker and use two forks to pull the turkey into pieces. Increase the slow cooker to high and let sit, uncovered, until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; add vinegar and sugar to taste.
- Divide the turkey and coleslaw among plates. Serve with cornbread and pickles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460, Fat 11 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 117 milligrams, Sodium 1491 milligrams, Carbohydrate 39 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 49 grams, Sugar 29 grams
Cayenne and lemon pepper add zip to this tantalizing shredded turkey that will have guests lining up for seconds. The well-seasoned meat takes some time to prepare, but it's well worth the effort. -Tammy Schill, Omaha, Nebraska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and seasonings; rub 3 tablespoons over turkey. Cover and refrigerate remaining butter mixture. Bake turkey, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings., Remove turkey; pour drippings into a saucepan. When turkey is cool enough to handle, remove meat from the bones. Shred turkey and return to the roasting pan. Add broth and remaining butter mixture to the drippings; bring to a rolling boil. Pour over shredded turkey., Cover and bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 672 calories, Fat 23g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 192mg cholesterol, Sodium 898mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 74g protein.
CROCK POT PULLED TURKEY
Here's a lower fat variation on the theme of pulled pork, a barbecue favorite from the South. If you like intensely smoky flavour, increase the quantity of the liquid smoke, but be careful--a little goes a long way. Serve this between hot split onion or Kaiser buns, accompanied by a bowl of coleslaw for a "down home" dinner that all will enjoy.
Provided by Olha7397
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place turkey in slow cooker stoneware.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining ingredients except for liquid smoke.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in liquid smoke.
- Pour sauce over turkey.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours, until turkey is falling apart.
- Transfer turkey to a cutting board and pull meat off the bones in shreds, using two forks.
- Return to sauce and keep warm.
- When ready to serve, spoon shredded turkey and sauce over warm buns.
- Delicious& Dependable Slow Cooker Recipes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 88.5, Fat 0.7, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 585.3, Carbohydrate 21.5, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 10.1, Protein 1.2
Give your Thanksgiving main dish a smoky twist with this recipe. A firestarter chimney or second smaller grill is essential to barbecuing turkey. For best results, use a natural hardwood charcoal.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rinse cavity of turkey with cool running water, and pat dry with paper towel. Place turkey, breast-side down, in a deep bowl or roasting pan. In a medium bowl, combine barbecue sauce, vinegar, red-pepper flakes, and sugar; pour over turkey. Let marinate, refrigerated, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Light a charcoal fire, and let it burn until the coals have become white ash. Alternatively, heat one side of a gas grill set on medium-high.
- Brush the entire turkey with the marinade. Place turkey on the grill, breast-side up, near but not directly over the coals, or on the side of the gas grill that is not turned on. Cook turkey with the grill lid closed until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the leg and breast is 180 degrees, about 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Baste with the marinade every 30 to 45 minutes, rotating turkey a quarter turn each time. Add coals heated in a firestarter chimney as needed to maintain an even temperature.
- When the turkey is fully cooked, remove from the grill, and let sit for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with tomato-herb gravy, if desired, or additional barbecue sauce.
SHREDDED TURKEY BARBECUE
A co-worker brought this and I could not believe it wasn't pork! The ingredients surprised me...but this is a fab slow cooker recipe! Not exactly low cal...but full of protein for sure. Tweaked a bit to make it mine. Can you say Keeper? Make your sandwiches with coleslaw if you're from the south! The recipe freezes very well.
Provided by SMITTYSWIFE
Categories Turkey Sandwiches
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place the turkey thighs, baked beans, onion, barbecue sauce, yellow mustard, cumin, and salt into a slow cooker. Set the cooker to Low, and cook 10 to 12 hours. Remove the turkey thighs, and shred meat using 2 forks. Discard bones. Return the shredded turkey meat to the slow cooker. To serve, place about 1/2 cup of shredded turkey and sauce onto each potato roll.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.7 calories, Carbohydrate 60.7 g, Cholesterol 69.1 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 25.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 1319.6 mg, Sugar 18.9 g
More about "shredded turkey barbecue recipes"
BBQ SHREDDED TURKEY LETTUCE WRAPS | CANADIAN TURKEY
BARBECUED TURKEY RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
10 BEST SHREDDED TURKEY RECIPES | YUMMLY
SMOKED PULLED BARBECUE TURKEY SANDWICHES RECIPE
SLOW COOKER BBQ TURKEY BREAST - SLENDER KITCHEN
BARBECUE PULLED-TURKEY SANDWICHES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
PULLED LEFTOVER TURKEY BBQ SANDWICH – AUNT BEE'S …
CHOPPED TURKEY BBQ RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ZESTY PULLED TURKEY - A FAMILY FEAST®
SMOKED TURKEY BARBECUE SANDWICHES RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HOT TURKEY SANDWICHES - CULINARY HILL
SHREDDED BARBECUED TURKEY SANDWICHES RECIPE
PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH STYLE TURKEY BBQ RECIPE - JAINDL FARMS
PULLED WHOLE TURKEY BARBECUE - NATIONAL TURKEY FEDERATION
TURKEY BARBECUE | RECIPE | PULLED TURKEY RECIPES, SHREDDED TURKEY, …
SHREDDED BARBECUED TURKEY SANDWICHES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
SHREDDED TURKEY BARBECUE TASTY RECIPES
CHOPPED TURKEY BBQ RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PULLED TURKEY SANDWICHES (WITH HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE) & HANDCUT …
PULLED TURKEY SANDWICHES | TRAEGER GRILLS
BBQ SHREDDED TURKEY LETTUCE WRAPS - MAY EIGHTY FIVE
SMOKED PULLED TURKEY - GIRLS CAN GRILL
SHREDDED TURKEY SANDWICH RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
SHREDDED TURKEY BARBECUE RECIPE | THE EXCHANGE BOOK
SHREDDED TURKEY BARBECUE RECIPE | SAY MMM
SHREDDED TURKEY BARBECUE - RECIPESRUN
PULLED WHOLE TURKEY BARBECUE | BLUE RHINO
8 DELICIOUS SHREDDED TURKEY RECIPES IDEAS - PINTEREST
SHREDDED TURKEY BBQ | SHESPEAKS
CROCK POT BBQ TURKEY THIGHS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TURKEY RECIPE: SHREDDED TURKEY BARBECUE BY SMITTYSWIFE – …
RECIPES FOR SHREDDED TURKEY BARBECUE WITH GROCERY LISTS AND …
SHREDDED BBQ TURKEY SANDWICHES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
EASTERN NC BBQ PULLED TURKEY - DEEPFRIEDHONEY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook a shredded turkey breast in a slow cooker?Or serve the shredded turkey for a fuss-free, delicious holiday meal any time of year. In the bottom of a slow cooker, add beer, onion soup mix, chicken base, dried parsley, and 1 teaspoon white pepper. Add turkey breast. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
How to cook a Turkey in a barbecue sauce?Bring sauce to boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add shredded cooked turkey to barbecue sauce and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until turkey is heated through, stirring occasionally.
How do you shred a Turkey after cooking it?When the time is up, carefully take out the turkey and move it to a rimmed baking sheet so you can shred it up. Separate the meat from the bones, discard the bones and skin, and shred up the meat using two forks.
How do you cook a Turkey with mustard and ketchup?Stir together the ketchup, sugar and mustard and pour over the turkey. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. The turkey should be very tender with the meat falling off the bones. Uncover and stir. Let cool for 10 minutes.