SHRIMP AND GRAPEFRUIT SPINACH SALAD
- With a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit, removing all the bitter white pith. Slice about 3/8 inch thick.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Drizzle in 1/2 cup of the oil, whisking to combine.
- Season the shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp, and cook, turning once, until pink, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the grapefruit, cooked shrimp, spinach, and onion to the vinaigrette in the large bowl. Toss well. Serve at once.
ANGRY SHRIMP WITH CITRUS/SPINACH SALAD
- Mix the flour mixture for shrimp:
- Combine the ingredients and set aside in container. This step can be done the day before dinner.
- Peel and cut the citrus fruit into sections over a plate. Drain the juice from the plate into a bowl. Season liberally with gray salt and black pepper. Whisk in olive oil to form a vinaigrette (it should be in proportion, about 2 parts juice to 1 part olive oil).
- Season citrus sections with salt and pepper. Drizzle a little of the vinaigrette on them to marinate and put them on a platter.
- Have your fishmonger peel the prawns but leave the tails on for handles. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Preheat a saute pan on high. Dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture. This will give them a nice crust and allow them to stay crispy and fresh at room temperature. Add olive oil to the pan and put in 1 layer of shrimp. You want them to caramelize, so don't toss or move them. Add a little more oil if the flour absorbs what's in the pan. After about 3 minutes, turn over the prawns. Let it caramelize, toss and turn out onto a cookie sheet. Add about 1/4 cup more olive oil to the already hot saute pan. Drain pan juices from the cookie sheet into the saute pan. Add sliced garlic and let it get light brown. Add chiles and let them get soft. Add the basil and stand back - there's a lot of water in basil and it will pop. Let it get crispy, less than a minute. While this is happening, arrange prawns over the citrus salad. Add the orange zest to the basil/garlic/chile mixture in the saute pan. Season with salt and pepper, then spoon basil/garlic/chile mixture over the prawns.
- Toss the spinach with the citrus vinaigrette and mound on top of the prawns. Serve.
SHRIMP TACOS WITH GRAPEFRUIT SALAD
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine the grapefruit segments, jicama, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss. Set aside.
- Brush a grill pan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Working in batches, grill the tortillas until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Wrap in foil to keep warm; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the grapefruit juice, agave, chipotle and adobo sauce and cumin in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 5 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Brush the grill pan with more olive oil. Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat, brushing with some of the grapefruit sauce, until lightly charred, about 1 minute per side. Continue to cook, flipping and brushing with the remaining sauce, until charred and cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Season with salt. Divide among the tortillas. Serve with the grapefruit salad and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 450 calorie, Fat 10 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Cholesterol 235 milligrams, Sodium 1470 milligrams, Carbohydrate 65 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 25 grams
SHRIMP, AVOCADO, AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD
Grapefruit's piquant bitter juiciness balanced by French dressing's sweetness and creamy avocado, all adorning succulent shrimp atop a bed of greens...truly, it's a marriage made in heaven! This recipe makes 2 large servings, but can easily serve 4 as appetizers.
Provided by Be Curious Cuisine
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whisk mayonnaise, ketchup, honey, and vinegar together in a bowl. Add diced red onion, salt, and pepper. Place a damp cloth under the bowl to keep from moving; add olive oil very slowly in a stream while whisking. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Prepare plates with a bed of mixed greens. Center avocado slices on plates, surround with grapefruit segments, and top with shrimp. Drizzle generously with honey cider salad dressing and garnish with red onion slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1397 calories, Carbohydrate 36.5 g, Cholesterol 1685.8 mg, Fat 54.8 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 183.2 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 2341.3 mg, Sugar 27.7 g
GRAPEFRUIT SPINACH SALAD
"My mother-in-law prepared this for us on a recent visit," relates Lee Ann Odell of Boulder, Colorado. The fresh-tasting salad of spinach and grapefruit is nicely dressed with a sweet honey mixture. "The recipe is so easy to put together, and we never have any leftovers," Lee Ann confirms.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cut grapefruit in half; with a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit, reserving juice. In a salad bowl, toss the spinach, onion and grapefruit sections. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and reserved grapefruit juice; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 35 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 42mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GRAPEFRUIT SHRIMP SALAD
Joanne Beaupre combines orange juice, red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard in the tangy dressing that perks up her seafood salad. "I had tried a similar salad at a restaurant," she writes from Manchester, Connecticut. "I adapted this version for a fun lunch to take to work. It always gets comments."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place lettuce on four serving plates. Arrange the grapefruit, avocado and shrimp over lettuce. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over each salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 221mg cholesterol, Sodium 445mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SOUTHEAST ASIAN SHRIMP AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD
- Put shrimp in a saucepan with salted water to cover; bring to a boil, then turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque in center. (Alternatively, grill or saute, sprinkling shrimp with salt as they cook.) Cool in refrigerator or under cold running water, then peel (and devein if you like). Cut shrimp in half if they're large.
- Combine nam pla or soy sauce with 2 tablespoons water, sugar and lime juice, and blend or whisk until smooth.
- Arrange the lettuce on 4 plates; top each portion with a few grapefruit pieces, some shrimp, and the mint and cilantro; drizzle with the dressing, then sprinkle with a little of the minced chilies and chopped peanuts if you like, or pass them at the table.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 182, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 21 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 23 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 1468 milligrams, Sugar 13 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GRAPEFRUIT AND SPINACH SALAD
From the issue of February 2007, Coup de Pouce. A very easy salad in 3 steps. The last one is very important.
Provided by Boomette
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a big bowl, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Add grapefruit supremes, walnuts, cranberries and baby spinach leaves.
- And grab a fork and begin to eat ;).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 266.6, Fat 23.2, SaturatedFat 2.8, Sodium 26.4, Carbohydrate 14.4, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 6.3, Protein 3.5
SHRIMP & SPINACH SALAD WITH VINAIGRETTE
- Place lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk in salt, pepper and mustard.
- Slowing whisk in oil, adding a little at a time until thickened Add rest of the ingredients.
- Let stand an hour.
- Mix salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Dress w/ vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 753.5, Fat 65.3, SaturatedFat 9.1, Cholesterol 221, Sodium 1193.8, Carbohydrate 19.3, Fiber 8.1, Sugar 5.6, Protein 28.9
More about "shrimp and grapefruit spinach salad recipes"
SHRIMP AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
3.3/5 (16)Category RecipesServings 4Calories 326 per serving
SPINACH SALAD WITH SHRIMP, AVOCADO, AND GRAPEFRUIT …
NUGGET MARKETS SHRIMP AND GRAPEFRUIT SPINACH SALAD …
SHRIMP, GRAPEFRUIT, AND AVOCADO SALAD | KITCHN
GRAPEFRUIT AND SHRIMP SALAD - COUNTRY LIVING
SHRIMP AND GRAPEFRUIT SPINACH SALAD
SHRIMP, GRAPEFRUIT AND SPINACH SALAD - THRIFTY FOODS
Servings 2Total Time 35 mins
GRAPEFRUIT SPINACH SALAD | PALEO LEAP
THE 15 BEST STEAK AND SHRIMP RECIPES - GYPSYPLATE
HEALTHY SHRIMP AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD (AIP, PALEO, WHOLE30)
TOP SECRET RECIPES | APPLEBEE'S GRILLED SHRIMP 'N SPINACH SALAD
SHRIMP AND GRAPEFRUIT SPINACH SALAD RECIPE | RECIPE | SEAFOOD …
SEARED SCALLOP SALAD WITH GRAPEFRUIT, ARUGULA AND SPINACH
SHRIMP AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD | METRO
SHRIMP AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD WITH GRAPEFRUIT VINAIGRETTE - FEED
9 REFRESHING GRAPEFRUIT SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPINACH, SHRIMP, AND AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SPINACH & GRAPEFRUIT SALAD | FRENCH'S - MCCORMICK
SHRIMP SALAD WITH GRAPEFRUIT VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
SHRIMP, AVOCADO, AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SPINACH-AND-GRAPEFRUIT SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPINACH SALAD WITH QUINOA, SHRIMP, AND GRAPEFRUIT RECIPE | EAT …
GRAPEFRUIT SHRIMP SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
EASY HEALTHY SHRIMP & GRAPEFRUIT SALAD • SIMPLE NOURISHED LIVING
SPICY SHRIMP AND CITRUS SALAD - LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN
SHRIMP, AVOCADO, AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SHRIMP OVER RICE WITH SPINACH - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED SHRIMP WITH GRAPEFRUIT & FENNEL SALAD - FOXES LOVE LEMONS
FENNEL AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD WITH SCOTCH BONNET MAPLE VINAIGRETTE …
SPINACH & GRAPEFRUIT SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
GRAPEFRUIT AND SHRIMP SALAD - MCCORMICK FOR CHEFS
SHRIMP, GRAPEFRUIT AND SPINACH SALAD | PEGGY LAMPMAN'S …
GRAPEFRUIT AND SHRIMP SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SPECIAL SHRIMP SALAD WITH CILANTRO DRESSING - ALL WE EAT
SPINACH, SHRIMP, AND AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE | RECIPE | AVOCADO …
CRUNCHY SPINACH SALAD WITH SHRIMP AND GRAPES
SPINACH AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD - LESLIEBECK.COM
SHRIMP AND GRAPEFRUIT SPINACH SALAD | SEA FOOD SALAD RECIPES, …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make shrimp salad?In a bowl place spinach, kale, or lettuce. Add in citrus segments and sliced onion and set aside. In a bowl combine shrimp with spices. In a skillet heat oil and add in shrimp. Let cook for 8 minutes, tossing often, until shrimps are fully cooked and opaque. While cooking whisk together dressing ingredients. Add shrimp to the salad.
What goes well with grapefruit salad?This standout citrus pairs especially well with avocado and bitter greens like arugula and endive, but it will brighten up practically any salad with its bittersweet tang. Our collection of grapefruit salad recipes includes side salads and as well as recipes that make light meals with shrimp and chicken.
How to cook shrimp and lettuce for stir fry?In a bowl place your lettuce of choice. Add in citrus segments and sliced onion and set aside. In a bowl, toss shrimp with oil and spices. In a skillet heat oil and add in shrimp. Let cook for 6-8 minutes, tossing mid-way, until shrimps are fully cooked and opaque. Place on a plate and let cool.
What goes well with citrus shrimp?When perfectly cooked shrimp with just the right amount of spice gets paired with all the winter citrus, you get salad magic! This Spicy Citrus Shrimp Salad comes together in roughly 20 minutes, and it’s the perfect hearty weeknight salad that everyone will love. Especially during the winter months when fresh citrus is in abundance!