SHRIMP WITH ORZO
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 1/2 cup. Per serving: 424 calories, 7.6 g fat, 29.2 g protein, 57.1 g carb, 3.8 g fiber, 142 g cholesterol.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Drain tomatoes through a sieve into a bowl, reserving tomatoes and 1/2 cup tomato liquid.
- Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and garlic; stir/saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in the wine; cook 1 minute.
- Add in tomatoes with 1/2 cup liquid, 1 1/2 tablespoon parsley, capers, and next 4 ingredients; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in shrimp; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked orzo; adjust seasoning to taste.
- Spoon mixture into an 11x7 inch casserole dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and remaining parsley evenly over the top.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 583, Fat 9.3, SaturatedFat 3.7, Cholesterol 189.5, Sodium 880.1, Carbohydrate 82.7, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 11.6, Protein 39
SAUTéED SHRIMP WITH ORZO
Serve garlicky sautéed shrimp over a bed of creamy orzo prepared risotto-style to make an elegant, flavorful dish that's simple enough for a mid-week meal.
Provided by Lynne Webb
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place the shrimp in a shallow bowl and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add about 2/3 of the minced garlic, season lightly with salt and pepper and combine well. Set aside while you cook the orzo.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper and sauté until soft and translucent, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the dry orzo and stir to coat with the oil. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping up any browned bits that have accumulated on the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in 3 cups of the chicken broth, cover the pan and reduce the heat slightly. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth has been absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Continue adding broth, 1/4 cup at a time, until the orzo is cooked to your liking. Stir constantly at this point and let each addition of broth absorb completely before adding more.
- Once the orzo is cooked, stir in 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate individual servings of the orzo and set aside while you cook the shrimp.
- Working quickly, wipe out the pan and return it to the stove over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp mixture and sauté until pink and opaque, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.Tip: Use a rubber spatula to transfer the shrimp to the pan so you get all of the oil and garlic marinade.
- To finish the Garlic-Butter Shrimp: Add the butter, parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the pan. Cook just long enough to combine well and melt the butter. Divide the shrimp between the plates of orzo, spoon the pan juices on top and serve immediately.
- To finish the Greek-Style Feta and Dill Shrimp: Add the butter to the shrimp and as soon as it melts, add the diced tomatoes, dill and remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Combine well, then divide the shrimp between the plates of orzo. Spoon the pan juices on top, sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 652 kcal, Carbohydrate 41 g, Protein 48 g, Fat 34 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 262 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 4 g, UnsaturatedFat 23 g, ServingSize 1 serving
ONE-PAN GARLIC-BUTTER SHRIMP WITH ORZO
One pan and 30 minutes makes for one delish dinner dish.
Provided by Marianne Williams
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat 2 tablespoons each of the butter and oil in a large, deep skillet over medium. Add shallots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by about half, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons shallot mixture to a medium bowl; reserve remaining shallot mixture in skillet. Add remaining 2 tablespoons each butter and oil to shallot mixture in medium bowl, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add broth to remaining shallot mixture in skillet, and bring to a boil over high. Stir in orzo and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Reduce to a simmer over medium-low. Cover and cook, undisturbed and without uncovering, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop garlic. Add remaining ½ teaspoon salt to garlic; using the flat side of a chef's knife, press and rub together to form a paste. Add garlic paste, lemon juice, crushed red pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the parsley to shallot mixture in medium bowl, and stir to combine. Add shrimp, and toss to fully coat (mixture will start to solidify because shrimp are cold).
- Uncover cooked orzo; spoon shrimp in a single layer over orzo. Spoon remaining shallot mixture in bowl over shrimp and orzo. Cover and cook over medium-low until shrimp are just opaque, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Uncover; sprinkle with capers, lemon zest, and remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. Serve immediately alongside lemon wedges.
SAUTEED LEMON SHRIMP WITH ORZO
Entered for safe-keeping, from Sean Donnellan's "Something Tastes Funny", recipe by Naidre Miller. This cookbook is for new cooks or non-cooks. Here's an easy way to appear gourmet.
Provided by KateL
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, add orzo, and cook until al dente (per package instructions). Drain and toss with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- While orzo is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan, add garlic, and cook over low heat for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, a pinch of salt and pepper, and 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, and cook for 3-4 minutes, until shrimp are opaque. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Bring saute pan to high heat, add wine and lemon juice (to deglaze pan), and boil for 1 minute, or until liquid is reduced by half. (Note: if you double this sauce, it will take much longer to reduce to the right consistency, not just double the time.)
- Remove saute pan from heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley, stir in butter, zest, adn capers, and check for seasonings.
- Put shrimp back into sauce and serve on a bed of orzo.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396.9, Fat 17.8, SaturatedFat 6.8, Cholesterol 76.1, Sodium 128.1, Carbohydrate 35.5, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 1.7, Protein 13.2
ROASTED SHRIMP AND ORZO
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and a splash of oil, and bring the water to a boil. Add the orzo and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's cooked al dente. Drain and pour into a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Pour over the hot pasta and stir well.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and spread out in a single layer. Roast for 5 to 6 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through. Don't overcook!
- Add the shrimp to the orzo and then add the scallions, dill, parsley, cucumber, onion, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Toss well. Add the feta and stir carefully. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate overnight. If refrigerated, taste again for seasonings and bring back to room temperature before serving.
SHRIMP SAUTE WITH ORZO
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add orzo; cook until al dente, using cooking time suggested on package. Drain; toss with 1 teaspoon oil, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large skillet. Add garlic; cook over low heat for 1 minute. Add shrimp, salt and pepper to taste, and 2 tablespoons parsley; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn, and cook for 3 minutes more, or until opaque. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and wine to skillet. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and reduce by half, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add remaining parsley; stir in butter, lemon zest, and capers. Adjust seasonings. Pour over shrimp, and serve on a bed of orzo.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 g, Cholesterol 95 g, Fat 21 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 13 g, Sodium 212 g
LEMON-GARLIC SHRIMP ORZO SKILLET
You know that phrase, "a little goes a long way?" Well, that absolutely applies to this dish, which tastes rich and buttery but actually only includes 2 tablespoons of butter! The trick is waiting until the end to add the butter when it can enrich the orzo, which has already been flavored by cooking in broth, and the zucchini, which has a naturally buttery taste when sautéed. The shrimp, also added at the end, gets infused with all the flavors already in the pan, so the whole dish is redolent of garlic and butter and only needs a squeeze of lemon and sprinkle of fresh herbs for contrast. Garnishing with a bit of nutty Parmesan takes it all over the top.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and salt; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Remove with slotted spoon; reserve.
- Heat same skillet over medium heat; add garlic and pasta. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is fragrant and pasta is lightly toasted. Add broth; cover and simmer 10 to 11 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Stir in shrimp, butter and zucchini; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and pasta is tender.
- Stir in cheese, lemon, and thyme; garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260, Carbohydrate 20 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize About 1 Cup, Sodium 460 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
SKILLET SHRIMP AND ORZO
This dish, inspired by paella, is simple enough for a family-night dinner but makes a pretty presentation for company, too. Cooking the ingredients in one pan allows the orzo to absorb all the wonderful flavors.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in top position. In a large broilerproof skillet, heat 5 teaspoons oil over medium. Add garlic and cook until just beginning to brown, 1 minute. Increase heat to high and add tomatoes; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 minutes. Add orzo and broth and bring to a simmer. Cover, transfer to oven, and bake until liquid is mostly absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Remove skillet from oven and place shrimp on top of orzo. Heat broiler. Broil until shrimp are opaque throughout, 4 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540 g, Fat 11 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 39 g, SaturatedFat 2 g
BUTTER-POACHED SHRIMP AND ORZO RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: water, butter, lemon, fresh thyme, shrimp, garlic, shallot, orzo, chicken stock, salt, pepper, spinach, fresh parsley
Provided by Tasty
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Over low heat, add water to your saucepan and slowly incorporate the butter, a few tablespoons at a time. Whisk together to make sure the water and butter combine and doesn't separate.
- Add the lemon zest and sprig of thyme and give it a stir. Add the shrimp and poach for eight to 10 minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside. Discard the sprig of thyme.
- In the same saucepan and over low heat, add garlic, shallots and the orzo. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Pour in the chicken stock and cook until the orzo is al dente. Stir occasionally to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Once the orzo is al dente, add the spinach. Stir in until just wilted. Remove from heat.
- Serve the spinach and orzo, place a few shrimps on top and garnish with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 809 calories, Carbohydrate 63 grams, Fat 53 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 17 grams, Sugar 6 grams
SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH ORZO
The universal appeal of shrimp scampi, frankly, isn't the shrimp but the pan sauce: garlicky butter lightened with white wine and bursts of lemon, parsley and red-pepper flakes. Scampi is often tossed with pasta or served with crusty bread, but this version instead uses quick-cooking orzo. It simmers directly in the pan sauce, imparting a starchy gloss - and soaking up the garlicky scampi flavors. Toss the shrimp with some garlic, lemon zest and red-pepper flakes to marinate while the pasta gets a head start on the stove, then simply toss the shrimp on top of the orzo to steam. It all comes together in a flash, and feels effortless. Pair this dish with Caesar salad, steamed broccoli or arugula, or bask in its simple comfort, straight from a spoon.
Provided by Ali Slagle
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a medium bowl, stir together shrimp, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon zest, red-pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and half the garlic. Set aside to marinate. (This step can be done up to 1 hour in advance.)
- Add butter, remaining olive oil and remaining garlic to a medium skillet set over medium heat. When the butter starts to bubble, add the orzo and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring often, until the orzo is toasted, about 2 minutes, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent the garlic from burning. Carefully add the wine - it will bubble - and stir until absorbed, about 1 minute. Stir in water, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until orzo is al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Add the shrimp in a snug, even layer on top of the orzo, cover, and cook until all the shrimp is pink and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
ONE-POT SHRIMP SCAMPI ORZO
- Combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and dried parsley in a small bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Stir in orzo and onion, toss to coat, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent and orzo is lightly toasted, 4 to 5 minutes. Mix in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Deglaze pot with white wine and stir until wine has cooked off. Pour in chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until orzo is tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Add peas and shrimp with marinade to the pot, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are light pink, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide between 2 dishes, sprinkle with fresh parsley, and garnish with lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 625.2 calories, Carbohydrate 69.5 g, Cholesterol 190.4 mg, Fat 21.9 g, Fiber 5.8 g, Protein 33.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 942.7 mg, Sugar 7.8 g
SHRIMP AND ORZO SALAD
There are so many shapes of pasta out there. One of my favorites is orzo: rice-shaped pasta. I do not see it used as often as its more popular relatives like spaghetti, penne, linguine et al, which is a shame. I love the fact that orzo can be treated like rice and used to make tomato-based (jollof) or stir-fried dishes. It can be creamy like a risotto or made like rice and served with a stew or sauce. Here I use it to make a cold salad with shrimp and sweet cherry tomatoes. Use a lot of garden-fresh herbs to elevate this salad and feel free to add more vegetables if you want.
Provided by Uzo Orimalade
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add shrimp and seasoning; cook until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and meat is opaque, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the water and set aside in a bowl.
- Pour orzo into the seasoned water and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain and add to the bowl with shrimp. Store in the refrigerator to cool.
- Combine mayonnaise, dill, parsley, basil, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and white pepper together in a bowl. Mix well. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Remove shrimp and orzo from the refrigerator. Add cherry tomatoes and dressing; stir well. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 177.4 calories, Carbohydrate 21.5 g, Cholesterol 96.9 mg, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 14.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 876.6 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
GREEK SHRIMP ORZO
This is one of our favorites. It's delicious, satisfying and reheats well. My husband would rather have "the orzo dish" than go out to eat. Serve it with crusty bread and salad. —Molly Seidel, Edgewood, New Mexico
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook orzo according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add basil and 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat and set aside., In a large skillet, saute shallot in butter and remaining oil until tender. Add the diced tomatoes, oregano and garlic; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add shrimp and sun-dried tomatoes; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes., Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the orzo mixture, cheese and olives. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 673 calories, Fat 32g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 127mg cholesterol, Sodium 1262mg sodium, Carbohydrate 63g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
ORZO SHRIMP STEW
My husband and I really enjoy seafood, so I don't skimp on shrimp in this mildly seasoned stew. We also adore the broccoli, tomatoes and pasta. -Lisa Stinger, Hamilton, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add the broccoli, tomatoes and orzo. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally., Add the shrimp, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and orzo is tender. Stir in basil and butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387 calories, Fat 8g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 153mg cholesterol, Sodium 875mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
More about "shrimp saute with orzo recipes"
SHRIMP SAUTE W/ORZO A LA MARTHA – NANA'S RECIPES
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP & ORZO SALAD - HEART HEALTHY GREEK
FIRE-ROASTED SHRIMP WITH ORZO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED SHRIMP WITH ORZO PASTA | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
TOASTED ORZO SKILLET WITH SHRIMP - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF US SITE
ONE POT LEMON BUTTER SHRIMP ORZO | KATHLEEN'S CRAVINGS
ONE POT CREAMY CAJUN ORZO WITH SHRIMP
SHRIMP SAUTE WITH ORZO RECIPE | RECIPELAND
ONE PAN MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP ORZO - SPICES IN MY DNA
SHRIMP SANTORINI RECIPE - ARABPRINTMEDIA.COM
ORZO RISOTTO WITH SHRIMP - NOURISHEDBYLIFE.COM
SHRIMP WITH ORZO PASTA - VICKI'S GREEK RECIPES
ORZO RISOTTO WITH BUTTERY SHRIMP RECIPE - RYAN POLI | FOOD & WINE
LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP WITH ORZO - 30 MINUTES!
MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP AND ORZO - LAUGHING SPATULA
SHRIMP WITH ORZO RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ORZO SKILLET WITH SHRIMP AND FETA - KITCHN
EASY LEMON SHRIMP ORZO RECIPE | COOKIES AND CUPS
SHRIMP SAUTE WITH ORZO RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | RECIPES, PASTA …
ONE PAN SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH ORZO - CHEFJAR
LEMON PEPPER SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH ORZO - DAMN DELICIOUS
TOASTED ORZO SKILLET WITH SHRIMP - RECIPES - PAMPERED CHEF
RECIPES > PASTA > HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP SAUTE WITH ORZO
EASY ONE PAN SHRIMP ORZO PASTA - FOODNESS GRACIOUS
SHRIMP WITH OLIVES, TOMATOES, AND ORZO RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
SHRIMP ORZO IN CREAMY WINE SAUCE
SHRIMP SANTORINI RECIPE - SOLAR-HEART.COM
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED SHRIMP ORZO - AHEAD OF THYME
SAUTéED SHRIMP WITH ORZO | FETA RECIPES, SAUTEED SCALLOPS, …
SKILLET SHRIMP WITH ORZO, FETA AND ASPARAGUS RECIPE
LEMON ORZO SOUP WITH SHRIMP - FOOD BANJO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook orzo with shrimp?Add orzo; cook until al dente, using cooking time suggested on package. Drain; toss with 1 teaspoon oil, and add salt and pepper to taste. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large skillet. Add garlic; cook over low heat for 1 minute. Add shrimp, salt and pepper to taste, and 2 tablespoons parsley; cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
How to cook shrimp and shrimp Parmesan?Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic; stir/saute for 3 minutes. Add in the wine; cook 1 minute. Add in tomatoes with 1/2 cup liquid, 1 1/2 tablespoon parsley, capers, and next 4 ingredients; cook for 5 minutes. Add in shrimp; cook 2 minutes.
How to cook shrimp and garlic on the grill?Drain; toss with 1 teaspoon oil, and add salt and pepper to taste. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large skillet. Add garlic; cook over low heat for 1 minute. Add shrimp, salt and pepper to taste, and 2 tablespoons parsley; cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
How do you cook orzo in the oven?Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Fill a large pot with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and a splash of oil, and bring the water to a boil. Add the orzo and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's cooked al dente.