EASY LEMON HERB CHICKEN
Categories > Dairy Free, Dinner, Entrees, Gluten Free, Grain Free, High Protein, Paleo, Sugar Free We know, barely-seasoned chicken breasts are boring. They're essentially the butt of every joke that positions healthy food as bland. This dish, however, adds just enough flavor via extra-virgin olive oil, lemon, and oregano to take the lean, white meat into more flavorful territory. It's also a flavor that pairs well with a million different things, so you can make a whole batch of these at the beginning of the week and then chop it up to top salads and serve it with veggie sides for dinner. #mealprep
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut lemon into quarters and squeeze juice from ¼ lemon over chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit while you heat olive oil in skillet over medium low heat. Place chicken in skillet once oil is hot. Sauté chicken and as you sauté, add lemon juice from ¼ lemon and oregano and sauté until juices run clear.
SIMPLE LEMON HERB CHICKEN
This is a simple, quick and delicious dish. All you need are a few spices and, of course, the chicken! The amount of spices are completely up to you. You can add more or less according to your taste. Enjoy!
Provided by Carolyn Stilwell
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Cut lemon in half, and squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon on chicken. Season with salt to taste. Let sit while you heat oil in a small skillet over medium low heat.
- When oil is hot, put chicken in skillet. As you saute chicken, add juice from other 1/2 lemon, pepper to taste, and oregano. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes each side, or until juices run clear. Serve with parsley for garnish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211.9 calories, Carbohydrate 7.9 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 28.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 94.2 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
ROASTED LEMON HERB CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the seasoning, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder and black pepper; set aside. Rinse the chicken thoroughly, and remove the giblets. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spice mixture inside the chicken. Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the chicken.
- Squeeze the juice of the 2 lemons into a small bowl or cup, and mix with the olive oil. Drizzle this oil/juice mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until juices run clear, basting several times with the remaining oil mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405.3 calories, Carbohydrate 3.6 g, Cholesterol 127.7 mg, Fat 29.2 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 32.2 g, SaturatedFat 7.8 g, Sodium 177.6 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
LEMON HERB CHICKEN
This recipe proves that some simple seasonings can really enhance the naturally terrific taste of chicken. I depend on this recipe often in summer.-Janice Smith, Cynthiana, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Drain; discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning several times.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 154 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 55mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED LEMON-HERB CHICKEN
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Generously salt and pepper the inside cavity of the chicken, and add 4 rosemary sprigs, thyme, garlic, and half of the lemon. Slice the remaining lemon half into thin slices and slide them under the exterior skin of the chicken breasts. Take the remaining 2 rosemary sprigs and slide them down along each side of the breast bone under the skin. Tuck the wings back and under the chicken and tie the legs together for even cooking.
- Place the chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and brush the top and sides with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken in the oven, basting with drippings at least once, until juices run clear and leg bone easily pulls away from the meat, about 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for juices to redistribute, at least 15 minutes.
- Carve the chicken and place on serving platter.
MOIST LEMON HERB CHICKEN
I wanted a healthy, flavorful chicken recipe that was fast, easy and a real crowd-pleaser. I got lucky and hit the jackpot with this one! -Kali Wraspir, Olympia, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil. Sprinkle herbes de Provence and lemon zest over chicken; add lemon juice to pan., Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 378mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CHICKEN WITH A LEMON HERB SAUCE
This recipe (I think) is from Semi-Homemade Cooking, that show with Sandra Lee, the queen of "70% store-bought, 30% homemade, you take all the credit" fame. Her recipes are right up my alley because I can use all the help in the kitchen I can get to make things quick, but I still want them to be delicious and "homemade". As always, I'm leery about the recipes on tv because you never know if they're going to be edible or not. But the lemon herb sauce was great, especially since I served this chicken and sauce with angel hair pasta and I think that even if you chose to only make the sauce and serve over noodles, you'd still get raves. I adjusted some of the prep.
Provided by Redneck Epicurean
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and swirl to coat the skillet.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper on the smooth side of each breast.
- Place in the skillet seasoned side down and cook without disturbing until brown and crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season the top side of the chicken and flip.
- Cook 1 minute over the burner; then transfer the skillet to the oven until chicken registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Place on a cutting board and let rest.
- For the sauce, smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with the salt, and with the side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste.
- Transfer to a blender with the parsley, mint, pepper, lemon zest, and juice.
- Pulse until coarsely chopped and then slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Pour into the skillet and deglaze the pan with the sauce.
- Slice the chicken into small strips or shred and place back in the skillet.
- Heat over medium until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360.5, Fat 26.3, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 68.4, Sodium 229.6, Carbohydrate 2.9, Fiber 1, Sugar 0.4, Protein 27.9
LEMON HERB CHICKEN MARINADE
I got this recipe from my mom. It has great flavor that soaks right into the chicken instead of staying on the outside
Provided by doobiedcn
Categories Low Protein
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix well and marinate overnight or 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250.8, Fat 27.3, SaturatedFat 3.5, Sodium 388.4, Carbohydrate 2.9, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.8, Protein 0.2
More about "simple lemon herb chicken recipes"
LEMON HERB CHICKEN BREASTS - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4.3/5 (71)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, Easy RecipeCalories 257 per serving
- Place the chicken breasts between two layers of parchment/baking paper and flatten out slightly with a meat mallet/rolling pin.
- Place the chicken in a glass container and pour over the marinade. Mix to make sure the chicken is well-coated then cover and allow to marinade for at least 20 minutes but up to 24 hours, refrigerated.
- To cook the chicken breasts, heat a skillet, pan or grill then add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes per side (depending on thickness) until cooked through but still juicy.
LEMON HERB CHICKEN KABOBS (OVEN OR GRILL) - HEALY EATS REAL
TAYLORS IGA - RECIPE: LEMON HERB GRILLED CHICKEN
GARLIC LEMON HERB MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN + POTATOES (ONE PAN)
LEMON-HERB CHICKEN AND PESTO CREAM RECIPE - HOME CHEF
QUICK LEMON AND HERB CHICKEN | BIBBYSKITCHEN RECIPES
20-MINUTE ITALIAN LEMON HERB CHICKEN RECIPE | WELLNESS MAMA
LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN & HERBED PASTA RECIPE : BOOK RECIPES
INSTANT POT WHOLE CHICKEN (LEMON HERB) - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
GRILLED LEMON HERB CHICKEN | FEASTING AT HOME
EASY LEMON HERB ROAST CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
EASY LEMON CHICKEN THIGHS WITH HERBS - INSPIRED TASTE
SIMPLE LEMON HERB CHICKEN RECIPE AND NUTRITION - EAT THIS MUCH
LEMON HERB CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GRILLED CHICKEN & EASY LEMON-HERB SAUCE | FOODLAND
EASY LEMON AND HERB CHICKEN RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
MAKE IT YOURSELF: SLOW-ROASTED LEMON & HERB CHICKEN RECIPE
EASY LEMON HERB BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - THE STAY AT …
CREAMY LEMON HERB BAKED CHICKEN BREAST - EASY RECIPE CHEF
LEMON HERB ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - COUNTRY GROCER
EASY LEMON HERB WHOLE CHICKEN RECIPE - BLOGCHEF
THE BEST LEMON HERB CHICKEN - AMYCASEYCOOKS
EASY LEMON HERB CHICKEN - BIGOVEN.COM
EASY LEMON AND HERB CHICKEN MARINADE - APRIL J HARRIS
SKILLET LEMON-HERB CHICKEN AND POTATOES
LEMON & HERB CHICKEN - BONITA'S KITCHEN
LEMON HERB DRY BRINE CHICKEN RECIPE - DISH 'N' THE KITCHEN
SIMPLE LEMON HERB CHICKEN RECIPE
LEMON-HERB CHICKEN BRINE RECIPE - FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING
GRILLED HERB CHICKEN WITH LEMON - EASY GOOD IDEAS
LEMON AND HERB ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - PUREWOW
LEMON HERB CHICKEN MARINADE | RECIPE FROM YOUR HOMEBASED MOM
LEMON-HERB ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY LEMON AND HERB CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LEMON AND HERB-ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY LEMON HERB CHICKEN, OVEN CHICKEN BREASTS - JENNY CAN COOK
LEMON AND HERB ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE IS PERFECT ANY DAY.
LEMON HERB CHICKEN | WEELICIOUS
You'll also love