SIMPLE OVEN-BAKED SEA BASS
If you're looking for a simple recipe that really preserves the delicate flavor of sea bass, then I highly recommend you try this one. You can try this with other types of fish but my version used a Chilean sea bass. The original recipe came from SparkRecipes and this is my simplified version of it. Enjoy!
Provided by aMused chef
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 450F°.
- In a cup, mix garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Place fish in a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Rub fish with oil mixture.
- (Optional) Pour wine over fish.
- Bake fish, uncovered, for 15 minutes; then sprinkle with parsley or Italian seasoning and continue to bake for 5 more minutes (or until the thickest part of the fish flakes easily).
- Drizzle remaining pan juices over fish and garnish with lemon wedges.
ITALIAN BAKED SEA BASS
A simple but flavoursome oven-roasted fish supper that's easy to throw together. Serve it in the roasting tin for the ultimate dig-in dish
Provided by Sarah Cook
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the peppers and onions with seasoning plus a small drizzle of olive oil. Spread on a baking tray and cook for 5 mins.
- Toss in the garlic and lemon with the onions and peppers. Sit on the sea bass, brush fish with a little more oil, season fish and roast for 15 mins.
- Stir the olives and pine nuts into the veg and roast for 5 mins more until the fish is just cooked through. Squeeze over some lemon juice and scatter with parsley to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 437 calories, Fat 20.5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2.2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 15.8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5.4 grams sugar, Fiber 3.8 grams fiber, Protein 48.8 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
SEABASS BAKED IN A BAG
- Ask your fishmonger to gut and scale your fish. Lay out a piece of tin foil and fold in half. Place the sea bass on top of the foil and score the flesh about 2 inches apart on both sides. Rub plenty of salt and pepper into the scores. Lay out the fennel on the foil and place fish on top of the fennel and push to one side of the foil. Cover liberally with the basil, red onion and bay leaves, making sure you tuck some into the belly. Drizzle over plenty of olive oil, lemon juice and knobs of butter. Fold over the left hand half of the foil and seal the 3 sides to gently hug the fish. Place on tray and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for approximately 16 minutes (8 minutes per pound). Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 3 to 4 minutes without opening the bag.;
BAKED SEA BASS
Fishing for dinner recipe for two? You've just netted a great one - this baked sea bass is a 30 minutes meal!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook leeks, wine, butter, thyme, salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until leeks are soft.
- Place fish in ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish; spoon leek mixture over top of fish.
- Cover with foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Sprinkle parsley over top of fish.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 4 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 33 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 320 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
WHOLE ROASTED SEA BASS
- Season the cavity and exterior of fish with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly brush with oil a baking dish that is just large enough to hold fish without crowding. Divide thyme, rosemary, and parsley evenly between each fish, and place inside cavity. Place 2 bay leaves in cavity of each fish, and place remaining 2 bay leaves in baking dish. Sprinkle scallions over and around fish; drizzle with olive oil.
- Transfer to oven and roast 15 minutes. Continue to roast, checking every few minutes, until the thickest part of the fish is just firm, about 5 minutes more.
- Drizzle fish with lemon juice and transfer to a cutting board; set baking dish aside. Working from the head to the tail, cut along backbone to separate the flesh from the bone. Carefully lift top fillet and transfer to a plate. Lift and discard bones. Gently lift second fillet to same plate. Repeat process with remaining fish. Drizzle with any pan juices before serving.
More about "simple oven baked sea bass recipes"
WHOLE OVEN BAKED SEA BASS RECIPE - HAPPY FOODS TUBE
Ratings 9Calories 280 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
- Make sure the fish is gutted and de-scaled before you start. Make the cavity larger by cutting with a knife through the bones towards the tail (not all the way just enough to enlarge the cavity). Then, make a few (3-4) slits on one of the sides of the fish.
- Season its skin generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Open up the cavity and sprinkle salt and pepper inside (don’t over-season the inside).
- In a small bowl, mix crushed garlic, olive oil and chopped parsley. Spread some of this mixture inside of the cavity and fill the slits with it. Finally, place some lemon slices inside and repeat the whole process with the other fish.
10 BEST BAKED SEA BASS RECIPES | YUMMLY
OVEN-BAKED SEA BASS RECIPE - SPARKRECIPES
10 BEST BAKED SEA BASS FILLETS RECIPES - YUMMLY
OUR BEST SEA BASS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
OVEN BAKED SEA BASS RECIPE - YUMMY ADDICTION
QUICK AND SIMPLE RECIPE OF OVEN BAKED SEA BASS WITH …
SIMPLE OVEN ROASTED SEA BASS RECIPE - SIDECHEF
Reviews 1Servings 2Cuisine CaribbeanTotal Time 45 mins
- Give the Whole Sea Bass (1 pound) two cuts on the belly. Drizzle half the Olive Oil (1 tablespoon) in your roasting dish, place a layer of the Fennel Bulb (1) and rest the fish on top of it.
- Open the cavity of the fish and add Salt (1/4 teaspoon) and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (1/16 teaspoon). Then add the Fresh Ginger (3/4 piece) and white parts of the Scallion (2). Place some Cherry Tomato (to taste) inside fish and finally, tuck in the Red Bird's Eye Chili Pepper (1) for a little kick and some Lemon (1/2) for a citrus punch.
- All you have to do next is put the Fresh Ginger (1/4 piece), Lemon (1/2) and Cherry Tomato (to taste) on the top and sides of the fish. Drizzle the remaining Olive Oil (1 tablespoon) and go in with the rest of the Salt (1/2 teaspoon) and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (1/16 teaspoon). Drizzle on the Light Soy Sauce (1 tablespoon) over the fish as well. Then place on the middle rack of the oven uncovered for 25-30 minutes, depending on the size of your fish.
WHOLE BAKED SEA BASS - IMMACULATE BITES
EASY BAKED CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE - COOKED BY JULIE
BAKED SEA BASS - TWO CUPS OF HEALTH
SIMPLE OVEN ROASTED SEA BASS. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
SIMPLE OVEN-BAKED SEA BASS RECIPE - GENIUS KITCHEN
WHOLE BAKED SEA BASS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
BAKED SEA BASS WITH GARLIC & BUTTER : DELECTABLE DISHES
SIMPLE OVEN-BAKED SEA BASS - THE LOCAL CATCH
SIMPLE OVEN-BAKED SEA BASS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
EASIEST OVEN-BAKED SEA BASS MEDITERRANEAN RECIPE - FRESH WITH KEN
EASY BAKED CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SIMPLE OVEN-BAKED SEA BASS - BRADLEY'S FISH
SEA BASS BAKED IN FOIL LIGURIAN-STYLE - RECIPES FROM ITALY
BAKED SEA BASS IN FOIL - AMIRA'S PANTRY
SEA BASS RECIPE OVEN BAKED - FOOD NEWS
SIMPLE OVEN-BAKED SEA BASS RECIPE - FOOD.COM - PINTEREST
BAKED SEA BASS RECIPE WITH OVEN ROASTED POTATOES
SIMPLE OVEN-BAKED SEA BASS | RECIPE CART
FISH RECIPE FOR SEA BASS-OVEN BAKED
BAKED SEA BASS RECIPE - NOT A CHEF
10 BASS RECIPES THAT NO ONE CAN RESIST - INSANELY GOOD
HOW TO COOK SEA BASS STEAK RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BAKED CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE - WHOLESOME YUM
BEST CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHILEAN SEA BASS
SEA BASS RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BAKED SEA BASS WITH SHRIMPS RECIPE 2022 EASY RECIPE TOP
EASY LEMON SEA BASS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SIMPLE OVEN-BAKED SEA BASS - FROZEN FISH DIRECT
HOW TO COOK SEA BASS IN THE OVEN? (STEP BY STEP)
16 CHILEAN SEA BASS RECIPE BAKED IDEAS IN 2022 - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO BAKE SEA BASS IN OVEN BEST RECIPES
RECIPE OF SEA BASS BAKED IN THE OVEN ON ITS BACK
THE BEST SEA BASS – OLD FASHIONED RECIPE (EASY TO MAKE!)
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #seafood #oven #easy #beginner-cook #fish #one-dish-meal #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook sea bass in the oven?2 pounds sea bass cleaned and cut to be flat. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking dish or sheet with aluminum foil. Cut another aluminum sheets large enough to hold your fish ( one for each fish you have). Cut parchment paper as large as the foil we just cut for each fish you have. In a medium bowl combine the first 11 ingredients and mix well.
How to cook Chilean sea bass?Preheat the oven to 425 F. Oil a broiler pan and rack or baking pan with olive oil. Lightly sprinkle the sea bass fillets all over with Kosher salt, pepper, and Creole seasoning. Place the Chilean sea bass on the oiled broiler rack, skin-side down. Bake the fish fillets at 425 F for about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
How do you cook fish in a baking pan?Place fish in a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish. Rub fish with oil mixture. (Optional) Pour wine over fish. Bake fish, uncovered, for 15 minutes; then sprinkle with parsley or Italian seasoning and continue to bake for 5 more minutes (or until the thickest part of the fish flakes easily).
How much salt do you put on a whole sea bass?2 whole sea bass (1 1/4 pounds), gutted, gilled, scaled, and fins removed Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish