DIRTY RICE (EASY)
While visiting a friend recently she made this as a side dish with chicken. It was so good I didn't know whether to use a fork or a spoon. She gave me the recipe, So easy, now I can make it for my family.
Provided by Vseward Chef-V
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Brown the sausage making a small crumble mixture in a skillet until cooked through.
- Stir in the broth, rice and minced onion.
- Cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Most of the broth should be absorbed. Make sure to turn the heat off and let it stand covered for at least 5 minutes!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 487.3, Fat 33, SaturatedFat 10.6, Cholesterol 95.3, Sodium 1178, Carbohydrate 19.1, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.5, Protein 25.9
- In colander, rinse rice several times until water runs clear. Place rice in pot and add chicken stock. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Saute garlic, onions and bell peppers in vegetable oil until soft for about 15 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaf and cayenne and add to rice. Cook sausage and ground beef together in sautepan and add to rice.
- In separate pot place giblets, cover with water and simmer for 30 minutes with green onions, salt and pepper. Let cool enough to chop into small dice then add to rice mixture. Mix rice well and let simmer on lowest heat for an additional 30 minutes, stirring continuously, until flavors meld.
QUICK DIRTY RICE
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage, onion, bell pepper, and celery together in the hot skillet until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender, 7 to 10 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot; add white rice and yellow rice. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer until the rice is tender and the moisture is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211.3 calories, Carbohydrate 30.6 g, Cholesterol 17.4 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 7.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 637.9 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
- In a heavy saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and the chopped onions; saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Mix in the bell pepper, chili powder, ground annatto, chili flakes, cumin, and cinnamon. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour the rice into the saucepan and stir to coat. Add the water and 1 teaspoon salt, and bring the rice to a boil over high heat. Cover the pan and turn the heat to low. Simmer the rice for 25 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, mix in tomatoes, corn, black beans, and pine nuts. Stir in salt, pepper and lime juice. When the mixture is heated through, spoon it onto plates and top with the sliced red onion and cilantro. Serve a wedge or two of lime with each plate to squeeze over the rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409.1 calories, Carbohydrate 71.4 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 9.1 g, Protein 13.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 424.2 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
More about "simply dirty rice recipes"
DIRTY RICE RECIPE (AND VIDEO) - SIMPLE ... - EATING ON A …
5/5 (1)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 328 per serving
- Cook ground beef,garlic cloves, onion celery,parsley and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink in large skillet.
- Add rice, broth, ¾ cup water, stirring well. Bring to a boil, cover reduce to medium high heat and simmer 25 minutes or until rice tender. Remove from the heat.
CAJUN-STYLE DIRTY RICE, CAJUN RICE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.7/5 (15)Calories 626 per serving
10 BEST DIRTY RICE WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPES - YUMMLY
DIRTY RICE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
5/5 (28)Calories 325 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the chicken broth and pour remaining chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Add 1 1/2 cups water and bay leaf. Bring to boil. Add rice, cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Once you have the ground beef crumbled, add onion, celery, and green pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are softened. Add chicken livers and garlic and continue to cook 5 minutes.
BEST DIRTY RICE RECIPE - THE NOVICE CHEF
4.5/5 (17)Total Time 30 minsCategory 30 Minutes or LessCalories 459 per serving
- In a large heavy bottomed pot (like a dutch oven), over medium-high heat, cook ground meat until no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cover pot with tight fitting lid and simmer until rice is cooked, about 20 minutes.
SIMPLE DIRTY RICE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 6Total Time 45 minsCategory MeatCalories 473 per serving
EASY DIRTY RICE - MY KITCHEN SERENITY
4.3/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 410 per serving
- In a large saute pan, break up and cook the ground beef and hot sausage. Add the onion, bell pepper, and celery mixture. Cook until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off the grease.
EASY DIRTY RICE - THE SALTY ... - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
5/5 (53)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanCalories 302 per serving
- Add ground beef to a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pan set over medium heat. Crumble with a spatula and cook 4-5 minutes until no pink remains.
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper, celery, Cajun seasoning, and salt. Stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and beef broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered about 20 to 23 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Garnish with green onions or parsley before serving.
BOJANGLES DIRTY RICE RECIPE (EASY COPYCAT ... - SAVORY ...
5/5 (4)Total Time 35 minsCategory Main Course, Side DishCalories 518 per serving
EASY SOUTHERN DIRTY RICE RECIPE WITH ... - THE SPRUCE EATS
Calories 290Saturated Fat 6g 29%Cholesterol 44mg 15%Total Fat 17g 22%
HOW TO MAKE EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 40 minsCategory Side DishCalories 583 per serving
CLASSIC CAJUN DIRTY RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Ratings 104Calories 338 per servingCategory Side Dish, Entree, Dinner
EASY DIRTY RICE (CAJUN RICE) - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory Side DishCalories 404 per serving
EASY DIRTY RICE - FOOD LOVE AFFAIR
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 324 per serving
SIMPLY DIRTY RICE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE – TRAVEL CATE
HOW TO MAKE EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE - BLOGPAPI
HOW TO MAKE EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE - AMAZING COOKING RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE DIRTY RICE - QUICK & EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE ...
HOW TO MAKE EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE - SCOOPSKY
HOW TO MAKE EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE - FOOD, COOKING, BAKING ...
SHONEYS DIRTY RICE RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE - DINNER PANTRY
EASY CAJUN DIRTY RICE!! POPEYE'S FAVORITE!!! COPYCAT ...
HOW TO MAKE EASY DIRTY RICE RECIPE - SIR
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #stuffings-dressings #side-dishes #rice #american #southern-united-states #creole #pasta-rice-and-grains #white-rice #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Dirty Rice in 3 Easy Steps?How to make dirty rice in 3 easy steps! 1 Brown meat, drain excess grease. Add vegetables and sauté until tender. 2 Add in seasonings, rice and chicken broth and bring to a boil. 3 Lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until rice is cooked. Serve!
How do you make Bojangles Dirty Rice recipe?To oil in pan on medium heat, add bell pepper, onion, garlic, cayenne, paprika, and black pepper and stir. Cook 10 minutes or until onions are translucent and soft. Add cooked rice and reduce heat to low. Stir and heat 5 more minutes (uncovered).
What kind of seasonings are in Dirty Rice?Dirty Rice is a classic Cajun rice dish loaded with flavor from Cajun seasonings, ground meat and the holy trinity of onions, celery and bell peppers! Bonus: you only need one pot! Looking for more one-pot recipes?
What should I serve with my Dirty Rice?While dirty rice is a perfect complete meal on it’s own, we sometimes serve it as a side. If we’re eating it as a main dish, a side of greens or another freshly steamed veggie and some cornbread makes for the perfect meal! Tender seasoned rice mixed with lean beef, pork sausage and chicken livers for the perfect easy one pan meal.