GRILLED SKIRT STEAK TACOS
- Combine onion, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Place steak in a baking pan and pour marinade on top. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill steak 2 to 4 minutes per side, to desired doneness. Allow meat to rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing against the grain into 1/4-inch slices.
- Add meat to tortillas and top with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.5 calories, Carbohydrate 23.6 g, Cholesterol 25.2 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 946.3 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
MEXICAN SKIRT STEAK
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine the salsa, lime juice, Worcestershire, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a blender; puree until smooth. Pour into a resealable plastic bag and add the steak pieces. Seal tightly and rub the steaks with the marinade until evenly coated. Set aside for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the steaks from the marinade, allowing the excess to drip off. Discard the marinade. Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper. Lay the steaks in the skillet and cook, turning once, until browned on the outside and medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes total. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes. Serve sliced with warm tortillas, sliced avocado, cilantro leaves, lime wedges and extra salsa to make tacos.
SLOW-COOKER MONGOLIAN SKIRT STEAK TACOS
One of the best things about this recipe is filling your house with the smell of a delicious dinner that's just on the horizon. All you have to do is make a sauce, and then toss it along with the steak into your slow cooker. A few hours later you have delicious, aromatic, tender skirt steak. Like the term Mongolian barbecue, the dish we commonly know as Mongolian beef was popularized by Taiwanese and later American Chinese restaurants. The steak in this recipe is loosely based on those versions, with the addition of tahini for richness and depth of flavor. Here we serve the melting tender beef with rice and cabbage slaw in tacos, although you can enjoy it more traditionally just over rice if you prefer.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Whisk the soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, tahini, scallions, garlic and ginger together in the insert of your slow cooker until the brown sugar dissolves. Add the skirt steak to the mixture, cutting the steak as necessary to fit into the cooker. Add more broth as needed to cover the steak, depending on the size of your cooker. Cover and cook until the steak is fork-tender, 6 to 8 hours on low.
- Meanwhile, combine the cabbage, sour cream, lime juice and paprika in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate if not serving the slaw immediately.
- Shred the beef with two forks in the cooker, or remove from the sauce, cut into strips, and return the strips to the sauce. To assemble the tacos, fill each tortilla with steak, rice and cabbage slaw. Enjoy!
CHURRASCO (GRILLED MARINATED SKIRT STEAK)
Like so many of the best Puerto Rican dishes, churrasco - garlicky wood-fire-grilled steak served with chimichurri - starts by tenderizing a tougher cut of meat (skirt steak) with a flavorful marinade. Although its origins are Argentinian and Brazilian (the word churrasco encompassing grilled meats in both Spanish and Portuguese), variations on the dish are Latin American staples. This recipe kicks up a classic Puerto Rican marinade with a bit of adobo seasoning, and then served with wasakaka, an herbaceous sauce from the Dominican Republic using lime juice. The steak should be grilled over an open fire (the smoke is key), but a gas grill will do, as will a cast-iron skillet. Serve with adobo roasted potatoes, maduros, white rice or arroz mamposteao, plus fresh tomato and avocado slices.
Provided by Von Diaz
Categories dinner, meat, steaks and chops, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Pat the steaks dry and place in a large zip-top bag.
- Combine the garlic, oregano, vinegar, olive oil, adobo seasoning and salt in the bowl of a pilón or mortar and pestle, or a small food processor. Grind into a thin paste, then pour the marinade over the steak. Zip the bag then shake well to coat the meat, rubbing in gently as needed. Let rest on the counter for 10 to 20 minutes, or refrigerate overnight if you have time. Be sure to let the steak come to room temperature before grilling.
- If using a charcoal grill, start by building a fire with hardwood and kindling, then adding lump hardwood charcoal once the fire is kicking. Allow the fire to mellow. If using a gas grill, set the temperature to 500 degrees.
- Meanwhile, make the wasakaka: Combine the lime juice, parsley, cilantro, oregano, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to incorporate. If you'd like a creamier sauce, blend in a small food processor or blender. (Wasakaka will keep for 3 or 4 days in a sealed jar in the refrigerator.)
- Once the grill is ready, remove skirt steak from the bag and shake off excess marinade. Place on the grill and sear for 1 to 3 minutes. Using tongs, pull up the corner to ensure the steak has a good dark char, bordering on burned in places, before flipping, then cook for 1 more minute for rare, 2 minutes for medium-rare. Be careful not to overcook or steak will be tough.
- Remove steak from grill and let rest for 5 to 7 minutes. Slice into strips and pour over wasakaka, or serve sauce on the side. Taste and sprinkle with additional salt, if desired.
SKIRT STEAK WITH SHALLOTS
- To cook the steak, in a heavy-duty skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Add the meat to the skillet without crowding, in batches, if necessary, and cook on both sides until well browned and medium-rare, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a warm plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm while preparing the sauce.
- To prepare the sauce, return the pan to the cooktop over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and the shallots. Cook until the shallots are soft and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and stir to combine. Cook until the vinegar evaporates, 30 to 45 seconds. Add the red wine and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter; swirl to coat. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice the steak into thin strips against the grain. Overlap the slices on a plate and pour over the red wine glaze.
More about "skirt steak tacos with shallot rings recipes"
5 BEST SKIRT STEAK TACO IDEAS FOR YOUR NEXT TACO NIGHT
Cuisine TacosTotal Time 30 minsCategory DinnerCalories 464 per serving
- Pour half the marinade into a large zip bag or airtight container. Add the steak, seal, and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Pour the remaining marinade into another zip-top bag or airtight container. Add peppers and onion, seal, and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the steak and cook for 6 to 9 minutes, flipping all pieces to cook evenly. Transfer the steak to a plate and cover with another plate to keep warm.
SKIRT STEAK TACOS RECIPE - PERFECTLY COOKED SKIRT STEAK
Author Yinka OgunbiyiEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
SKIRT STEAK TACOS RECIPE | CARNE ASADA TACOS
CARNE ASADA TACOS WITH MARINATED SKIRT STEAK RECIPE
SKIRT STEAK STREET TACOS RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
PERFECTLY SEASONED SKIRT STEAK TACOS THE EVERYDAY …
GARLICKY SKIRT STEAK TACOS RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
CARNE ASADA SKIRT STEAK TACOS AND MARINADE - VINDULGE
GRILLED SKIRT STEAK TACOS RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SKIRT STEAK TACOS RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE STREET TACOS - THE …
Cuisine MexicanCategory Main CourseServings 4Total Time 2 hrs 35 mins
SKIRT STEAK WITH SHALLOTS | RICARDO
SKIRT STEAK RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
SKIRT STEAK TACOS WITH GREEK SALSA RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SKIRT STEAK TACOS WITH SHALLOT RINGS | RECIPE | SKIRT STEAK, SKIRT ...
SPICY SKIRT STEAK TACOS (+ MARINADE) - TARA TEASPOON
SKIRT STEAK WITH ROASTED SHALLOTS, BROCCOLINI, AND HORSERADISH …
RECIPETHING - SKIRT STEAK TACOS
SKIRT STEAK TACOS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SKIRT STEAK TACOS WITH CILANTRO LIME SOUR CREAM
GRILLED SKIRT STEAK TACOS - I HEART NAPTIME
THE BEST SKIRT STEAK TACOS RECIPE WITH FIXENS - EAT SIMPLE FOOD
BEST GRILLED SKIRT STEAK TACOS RECIPE - GIRLS CAN GRILL
SKIRT STEAK TACOS - LAUREN'S LATEST
SKIRT STEAK TACOS WITH JALAPENO SLAW - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
SKIRT STEAK TACOS - THERESCIPES.INFO - THERECIPES
STEAK WITH SHALLOT RINGS | METRO
SKIRT STEAK TACOS WITH SHALLOT RINGS | RECIPE IN 2021 | SKIRT STEAK ...
EASY SKIRT STEAK TACOS - THE TASTY TRAVELERS™
DIRTY SKIRT STEAK TACOS - OVER THE FIRE COOKING
SPICED SKIRT STEAK TACOS - SWIRLS OF FLAVOR
BEST SKIRT STEAK MARINADE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
RICK BAYLESSCHARCOAL-GRILLED SKIRT STEAK TACOS - RICK BAYLESS
SKIRT STEAK TACOS WITH SHALLOT RINGS | RECIPE | SKIRT STEAK TACOS, …
SKIRT STEAK TACOS WITH ROASTED PEPPERS #WEEKDAYSUPPER
SKIRT STEAK TACOS | METRO
SKIRT STEAK TACOS – SHETRITION
SKIRT STEAK TACOS | RECIPES - ROGER MOOKING
SKIRT STEAK TACOS WITH SHALLOT RINGS | RECIPE | SKIRT STEAK, FOOD ...
SKIRT STEAK WITH SHALLOTS AND FRIES | RICARDO
STEAK STREET TACOS - BITES WITH BRI
MARINATED SKIRT STEAK STREET TACOS - COOKING WITH WINE BLOG
You'll also love